This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

diamondheart Newbie
Hey

I did the DMPS challenge with my fillings. No one told me this was bad. I wonder if it made me sick and why I did this. No wonder I always feel so sick.

Hi Lisa,

In my recent internet research on mercury removal and detoxification, I came upon this website, called the DMPS backfire website.

Open Original Shared Link

You can read stories of people who got sick after DMPS, including just doing the DMPS challenge. I hope this is not the case with you. I thought the information might be useful for you.

Claire

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mftnchn Explorer

Hey, I hate to say this too quickly--but I think I am getting better since ABX treatment. Have increased the metronadazole to 400mg twice a day two days a week and have been okay on it. Next step is to do the two days together.

Brain fog is quite a bit better the last several days. Still fatigued. Some pain but that's definitely better. I am being diligent with the carbon, probiotics too and am up to 10 drops a day of the cat's claw. Still need to increase my protein intake more as my stomach can handle it. Am using xylitol instead of sugar--anybody know if that is a problem? So far just in small amounts.

Still trying to get my intestines to eliminate on their own--am up to 1250 mg magnesium oxide daily. My guess is that I am just not absorbing this well. Someone on the forum mentioned the theory that constipation was our bodies trying to hold on to everything long enough to extract the needed nutrients. So while I know the coffee enemas help a lot, I still want to do everything I can to get this elimination issue addressed.

I'm reading on the metals thing and my phone appointment is at the latter part of July so will discuss this all then with him. Also am going to ask about salt/C.

Meanwhile next week is the "no grains" week, and I'll probably go through withdrawal. Basically it will just be eliminating corn and rice as I am not using anything else at this point.

One other thing--my face is oily now with several zits at a time. This is a real change so I am thinking it is another indication of change in my system--with hopefully more detoxing.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Hi Lisa,

In my recent internet research on mercury removal and detoxification, I came upon this website, called the DMPS backfire website.

Open Original Shared Link

You can read stories of people who got sick after DMPS, including just doing the DMPS challenge. I hope this is not the case with you. I thought the information might be useful for you.

Claire

I read that website a long time ago and it scared the cr** out of me. After learning alot more from my Dr.'s I now realize that those people "backfired" because they were being treated by Dr.'s who were not knowledgable, were not careful, and most times giving too high a dose than the person can handle.

Basically you can backfire on *any* type of chelation....even using saunas or natural chelators. What it means is that if your body is not detoxing well and you pull out more metals than you can excrete...those metals get redistributed....and you get sick.

So yeah...if someone is highly toxic and the Dr. just sets them up for IV DMPS...they can get very sick if they are unable to excrete those metals. Most of us here have impaired detoxification so those things need to be addressed before ever attemptimg chelation...of *any* kind. DMPS is powerful...so if your body isnt ready for it....you can backfire.

I've talked about it countless times here....this is why my Dr. wont proceed with any chelation until my pathways are functioning well, chemical sensitivities are reduced, candida is better under control, etc. A whole lot of other things need to be addressed before the chelation begins....incuding plenty of support for detox, organs, etc.

You cant treat every patient the same...a person who is not very ill may do just fine...but the next person who might not be doing so well...can really be set-back by a DMPS treatment if they are not ready for it.

Thats the problem those people on that site encountered....ignorant Dr.'s.

I talked to my Dr. about my concerns. He said he gives about 100 IV DMPS treatments every month for many many years now. He has never had someone get permantly "injured" from the treatment. He said there have been people who have had set-backs from doing too much too soon....sometimes the setbacks can last months. This is why he is very careful about how he proceeds and he doesnt start chelation therapy until people are well on their way back to regaining their health.

For me...he has said many times that chelation is necessary but its a LONG way away. Anyone who rushes into things can suffer from too much too soon....thats basically what happened to the people on that site.

Also....just like anything...people can react to DMPS if they are sensitive or allergic. I will be tested (ART & BioSET) prior to treatment and this is also how we will determine what dose to start with.

Also...if a person is having problems with sulfur...or their sulfation pathway....they will have problems with DMPS or any other chelator. Sulfur compounds are what chelates metals from the body...so this is what DMPS consists of. If someone is having problems with sulfur (which many mercury toxic people do)...then there can be problems with treatment.

All of these things need to be looked at beforehand....people need to inform themselves and not take risks.

I think the people on the site who had problems either had problems with sulfur, problems with detoxing, too high a dose....or were allergic to the DMPS. These were mainly people doing IV DMPS.

Lisa did a small oral dose.....not an big IV dose.....she did not backfire from the testing. If she had backfired she would have been incredibly sick following her dose for the oral challenge. She got more sick from the removals.

I think miamia is the only one here who has had IV DMPS for the challenge test. I was very surprised they did this since shes very fragile already. This is exactly how people end up sicker....the Dr. needs to take everything into consideration and sometimes they dont.

The best thing to do is to always do the research first and to always ask questions when you're with your Dr.

Personally, I would request an oral challenge rather than do an IV challenge.

Rachel

What do you think is the safest binder right now?. I can't do flax seed or charcoal but I really feel I need to detox or something right now. I need to bring this up to my naturopath tomorrow.

Also is fasting bad if you have mercury? I don't eat much because of the inflammation in my intestines just chicken broth or vegetable broth. It seems to hard to get through this. I know I need to be strong but my body is going downhill right now.

lisa

I cant tell you which binder is safest for you right now. All of them are safe but it doesnt mean you wont react. The only one I can tolerate is charcoal....you might tolerate something else that I dont do well with. As Donna said....even safe stuff can be a problem. I cant take Vitamin C....or alot of other things that are good for me...because I'm too sensitive to them.

You need something to absorb the toxins but if you cant take charcoal you'll have to try things to see which one agrees with you.

No...fasting is NOT a good thing to do if you have mercury poisoning. Definately make sure you eat...high protein is best.

Gotta go to bed now...vacation is over. :(

mftnchn Explorer
I think miamia is the only one here who has had IV DMPS for the challenge test. I was very surprised they did this since shes very fragile already. This is exactly how people end up sicker....the Dr. needs to take everything into consideration and sometimes they dont.

The best thing to do is to always do the research first and to always ask questions when you're with your Dr.

Me, too. I have had IV DMPS challenge for my urine tests. Not aware of having any trouble. Last winter I felt sick afterward and didn't get better--thought it was the DMPS. But eventually I traced it to bismuth sensitivity. I had started h pylori treatment the day before the DMPS challenge, and was sick the whole time until I got off bismuth.

I take oral DMPS for chelating...1 capsule every two weeks.

AndreaB Contributor
Also...if a person is having problems with sulfur...or their sulfation pathway....they will have problems with DMPS or any other chelator. Sulfur compounds are what chelates metals from the body...so this is what DMPS consists of. If someone is having problems with sulfur (which many mercury toxic people do)...then there can be problems with treatment.

From what we've learned it seems pretty important to have your pathways checked before anything is done.

For Talitha, who has a lot of intolerances but is not otherwise obviously sick, Dr. Elizabeth said that it would have been possible for her to backfire if we had undergone chelation without doing this testing. Her sulfa pathways are blocked to some degree anyway. That is the LED treatment we are going up for on Thursday.

Had a good day at my mom's today. She loved her latch hook. :D Talked to her about Talitha's treatments a little. Also invited her to come up with us sometime. She's not really into alternative treatments but I figure it's a good time for her to learn. I do need to ask Dr. Elizabeth if this could cause problems if mom thinks it's bogus.

Have lots of questions to ask if I don't forget. I've already forgotten some......will be writing them down when I think of them again.

Seth fell and hit his forehead today on mom's concrete patio. Don't know yet how ugly of a bruise he's going to have. Pretty sure it won't be pretty though.

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Rachel,

Is that weird or what about other Rachelvilles? At least if you Google Rachelville, we come up in the top three! :D

We are important! I am sure our town is the best one, though! Plus, it is a lot more fun!

I know that racheled by the yeast feeling! :lol: Sometimes, I think I have completely lost it! my balance is off, too.

I am not exactly dizzy, but feel strange like I am about to passout a lot. Of course, Carla thinks it is Babs, and she very well could be right.

Thank you for the copper information! I was wondering about this myself. Could you PM me about that book title? It would be nice to know what it is in case I need it. Maybe I have too little zinc. They recommend zinc for acne, and I definitely have a lot that lately!

People actually got mad a member for talking about poop? You cannot talk about Celiac and scat not be involved! What is with people? Some just like to antagonize others. I cannot understand those people. That poor member!

Your vacation is over already? How long was it? Most vacations last at least a week. Yours did not seem to last very long. It seems like it just started. :blink:

Dear Donna,

I could just see you sucking the chocolate off of the goji berries, then spitting the berries out! :lol: That is so funny!

Chocolate is something that is difficult to resist. It is one of my favorite things. Sometimes, you have to have it!

It was unreal how people like to pick at others. No one has any business doing that! One thing is for certain, on this thread, that person would be freaked if they read all of the tird talk going on here! :lol: I wish people that like to start arguments would start their own isolated society and leave the rest of us alone! Innocent people get hurt that way, who do not deserve the treatment they receive.

You know how we were talking about funky nailpolish colors? OPI has come out with some great new ones! There are six of them, and the line is called Psychedelic Summer! Just Groovy is the shade I really want the most! It is this awesome blue.

Strawberry Fields is another one that is nice. It is a pink. Here is the link so you can see them for yourself: Open Original Shared Link I think you will love them as much as I do! I e-mailed them to see if they are gluten-free. Hopefully, they will send a reply soon.

Dear cmom,

You look so beautiful in your avatar! Was that a Glamour Shot? I had one of those when I was younger. They do a great job. You look like a biker chick in that picture!

That is so cool! I have some boots that have chains around the ankles that I love! JC Penney is where they came from.

I will be like a 100 year-old granny and be burried in those things! I love those boots that much!

I am glad your son is doing better for the time being. You are probably pretty frustrated with his decision to not be gluten-free. My parents are as stubborn is he is. Despite the fact my doctor said I am Celiac, they still do not take it seriously. They could have it too, but refuse to accept that. I told them, they will have no right to whine when they get intestinal cancer, because I warned them.

I am sure your son's wedding will go off without a hitch! Those things are stressful. Once the day is here, it will probably go fast! That is the way it usually is. My best friend is busy planning her wedding, and next April will probably be here before she knows it.

It is not a bad idea to have your other son tested. It is likely he has Celiac. If you or his dad does, chances are, he will have it. This disease is genetic. That always makes it more common in family members once one person has been diagnosed. Your other son probably does have it, but he probably will have to be at the brink of death before accepting the fact that he has the disease.

There definitely is a connection between sinuses and gluten. Many people said their allergies improved dramatically after giving it up. Dairy is another common sinus problems cause. Children with a history of respiratory infections tend to be allergic to dairy. Lactose is my foe. I can handle very small amounts, such as in cheese, a bit of sour cream, or in margarine. However, I get as sick from pudding or yogurt as I do from gluten.

Dear Bev,

Thank you for the hugs! I appreciate them! God my father is such an idiot! One of these days, he is going to have a rude awakening to the world of enlightenment. Until then, he can live in his own little pathetic world. He never has been able to deal with reality.

So, you have been in a bad mood, too? I am glad I am not the only one. My toxic family is the cause of mine. Yours is probably the herx. They can put you in quite a nasty state at times. Carla mentioned that before.

It is wonderful to hear the herx is much better! Those things seem to take forever to go away! Even a few days like that can feel like forever! Meanwhile, avoid the heat. Getting too hot adds to the burden.

Dear Sherry,

Xylitol is a sugar substitute made from wood alcohol. I have never used it, but heard it has been used in gum more recently. I think it was the one that you need to be careful with overdoing. If you chew gum that has it, taking in too much can cause stomach cramps, bloating, and diarrhea. Gas is also a problem with it. I think they said between 5 and 10mg of it daily was the amount that could lead to this.

I am glad the ABX seems to be helping. That is encouraging! I took the Metronidazole in November, and have been ill since. I might have Lyme, and Carla and some of the others think it awakened the Lyme. It makes sense. Now if I can get the testing done, and get an LLMD, that would be ideal!

I did the h. pylori treatment as well. That is why I could not figure out why my system did not do well on the Flagyl in November. It was part of the Helidac Therapy, and I did fine then, and when I had taken it by itself for other things. Lyme is the only explanation that makes sense now. Bismuth is hard on your system anyway, but being sensitive to it like you are probably made it so much worse!

The acne is something I am having trouble with as well. I have it all around my neck, the back of my neck, my back, my face, and even under my jaw line! I have been wondering if it is DH. It could mimic acne. Does yours itch and burn?

What Rachel found on the copper poisoning was great! That really explains a lot. Zinc is used to treat acne as well. When you do not have enough zinc, your blemishes tend to get worse. As you mentioned, the detox might be some of that, too.

Dear Andrea,

Thank goodness you waited on T's treatment! If you had not, she could have ended up very ill! Chelation is something that needs to be timed properly. She appears to be in good hands with Dr. Elizabeth. Maybe your mother will learn something if she goes with you to see her. I can understand your concern, though.

Poor little Seth! Is he alright? He did not get a concussion I hope! That bruise probably will be a nasty one. Concrete is not exactly the world's softest surface! Give him a kiss on the head for me!

Dear Lisa,

You are welcome about the peas! You never would expect them to be in the same family as peanuts, soy, and beans!

How odd is that? It is like when I discovered beets and quinoa are related. I did not know any of this until I started trying to build a rotation diet.

They recommend not eating foods in the same family but once every other day. Planning this out is tricky! It feels like it is taking forever to make this plan. However, that way I will know what bothers me and what does not. Food journals will be fun. I can get a notebook and some colorful ink pens.

You see the doctor today, right? Make sure to write down your questions. That way you will not forget. This helps a lot. Then you cannot forget anything. Let us know what your doctor says!

The mucus in the colon could be there for a number of reasons. Mucus tends to accompany consumption of dairy products.

There are other causes, though. Mucus and bile can look similar, though. Are you sure it is not bile?

I agree with Donna. You cannot live off of vegetable and chicken broth. You will die! Protein is very important, especially when you are trying to get rid of metals. The baby food might be worth trying. I actually was so sick before my gallbladder was removed, even baby food gave me reflux!

Zinc is good for the stomach, too? I did not know the stomach used it! That is new for me! You learn something new everyday! That is odd your doctor did not have you taking it, since you are deficient.

One other thing. If you do not eat decent, no supplement will agree with you. Certain supplements should be taken with food. You cannot take most of them on an empty stomach. It will make you sick, and irritate your stomach. This harms you more than helps you.

Dear tom,

I assume you are back in Phoenix now. You missed me earlier! I was asleep! I got your IM but did not see it until hours later! Someone else IMed me, too. As I said, I am on an odd sleeping schedule right now.

Dear Carla,

You had twelve fillings removed before? Good grief! That is a lot! It is amazing you did not have a lot more trouble than you had! Of course, you did this earlier, in 1991, right? If you had not gotten them out until later, things probably would have been much worse!

Yes, tird talk is a mainstay in this community. That member criticizing the newbie better stay away from here! Should we put a scat warning on the thread title? :lol: We do not want to traumatize anyone! You know what that could lead to!

Dear Claire,

It is still shocking that there are other Rachelvilles! I bet ours is the best, though. We also will be the healthiest. Our pollution rate is very low! Everyone else has pesticides, Auxigro, MSG, and all sorts of other evils!

Your dentist sounds very aware of the risks involved. The procedure he described sounds like Hal Huggins, DDS to the T! Alternate air sources are very important for the protection of the patient. Mercury vapors are incredibly dangerous. Most people are not aware of that!

You make such a beautiful bride in your avatar! The flowers in your hair are so beautiful! I thought about having something like that when I get married. Who knows what I will do? I have already decided on my colors (silver, white, pearl white, and lavendar), and designed my dress.

I told one of my best friends (not the one who is getting married) that I thought about having a medieval-style wedding as far the dress goes (except no men in tights, I am not that cruel!) Ashley wants to be the evil wench! :lol: Also, there will be no Witch burning! NEVER AGAIN THE BURNING TIMES! So, I pretty much have everything planned already, except for that one tiny detail of not having the guy! Oh well, maybe one day!

Dear Everyone,

I had my first vampire slaying yesterday. I am so proud! She was circling me, waiting for my blood! I just waited for her to land. Then, she got whacked! As soon as she landed on my papers, I got her with my hand!

I knew I had to be stealthy. Somehow, I thought it would give my intent away by yelling "Die b****, Die!" So, I sat there and waited quietly. Then WHACK! No mosquito is going to use me for a blood bank! I do not need West Nile, I have enough problems already!

Sincerely,

Jin

Mtndog Collaborator
Hey, I hate to say this too quickly--but I think I am getting better since ABX treatment. Have increased the metronadazole to 400mg twice a day two days a week and have been okay on it. Next step is to do the two days together.

Brain fog is quite a bit better the last several days. Still fatigued. Some pain but that's definitely better. I am being diligent with the carbon, probiotics too and am up to 10 drops a day of the cat's claw. Still need to increase my protein intake more as my stomach can handle it. Am using xylitol instead of sugar--anybody know if that is a problem? So far just in small amounts.

You and I sound a lot alike. I've been on Clarithromycin for almost a month and plaquenil for almost 2 weeks and I feel like I am getting better too. Which surprises me because Ii figured it was going to be at least three months of feeling like rubbish before I saw any improvement. With the exception of HERXATION HIDEOUSNESS last week, I am definitely starting to notice changes. More energy, less brain fog, less pain. Even my GERD has mellowed out.

But I too am really frustrated by the constipation. I want to get my body to eliminate on its own. So far it's been coffee and warm water enemas. Otherwise, nada. Nothing. Niente. Maybe that theory about C is true.

Oh and I went back and looked at my initial bloodwork. It was my IgG that was positive (20 with 20-30 being borderline) and that combined with the gene. Well, there's my answer. So no Big macs for me but that's OK. I just want peanut butter and chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jin- YOU AMAZE ME! You are the autora prolifica of rachelville! Last I heard from OPI all their colored nail polishes were gluten-free!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cmom Contributor

Thanks for the compliment, Jin. Yeah, it's a glamour shot. Unfortunately, I don't look like that on a daily basis! :rolleyes:

I think everything is coming together for the wedding at the moment. 26 days to go!

Robin :o

mftnchn Explorer
Xylitol is a sugar substitute made from wood alcohol. I have never used it, but heard it has been used in gum more recently. I think it was the one that you need to be careful with overdoing. If you chew gum that has it, taking in too much can cause stomach cramps, bloating, and diarrhea. Gas is also a problem with it. I think they said between 5 and 10mg of it daily was the amount that could lead to this.

Hi Jin.

At this point I wouldn't mind the diarrhea. If it worked, I could just cut back a little and actually have some normal days. :huh:

I am glad the ABX seems to be helping. That is encouraging! I took the Metronidazole in November, and have been ill since. I might have Lyme, and Carla and some of the others think it awakened the Lyme. It makes sense. Now if I can get the testing done, and get an LLMD, that would be ideal!

I don't know. It brings the lyme out of cystic form, but I think it also eliminates it to some degree. I would guess it might be a combo of causes.

The acne is something I am having trouble with as well. I have it all around my neck, the back of my neck, my back, my face, and even under my jaw line! I have been wondering if it is DH. It could mimic acne. Does yours itch and burn?

No not really, just is tender. Doesn't always come to a head either. I am just scrubbing with my homemade scrub--soap and soda.

What Rachel found on the copper poisoning was great! That really explains a lot. Zinc is used to treat acne as well. When you do not have enough zinc, your blemishes tend to get worse. As you mentioned, the detox might be some of that, too.

I am going to Beijing tomorrow and will check out a new organic market there. On my list is to look to see if I can find some zinc supplement, to add to what I have in my mineral supplement.

You and I sound a lot alike. I've been on Clarithromycin for almost a month and plaquenil for almost 2 weeks and I feel like I am getting better too. Which surprises me because Ii figured it was going to be at least three months of feeling like rubbish before I saw any improvement. With the exception of HERXATION HIDEOUSNESS last week, I am definitely starting to notice changes. More energy, less brain fog, less pain. Even my GERD has mellowed out.

But I too am really frustrated by the constipation. I want to get my body to eliminate on its own. So far it's been coffee and warm water enemas. Otherwise, nada. Nothing. Niente. Maybe that theory about C is true.

So glad you are feeling better and hope it lasts. I leave tomorrow on a work trip, with Wed, Thu, Fri heavily scheduled and a late night return flight on Friday. I am really hoping to make it through because at home I have been fatigued and not able to work a full day. At least I do work from home half the time.

Yep about the big C and enemas. There has got to be an answer somewhere. I feel very successful if I can just pass a tiny bit before the enema.

Sherry

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Bev,

Autora prolifica! Now there is something I could use to confuse people with! :lol: I hope this new batch of OPI lacquers are safe, too! These are brand new! I usually do not paint my fingernails, just my toes. I have to wash dishes and clean around here, so the polish wears off too quickly otherwise. My toes have it stay on pretty well, though!

Dear Robin,

You are so welcome! I had a Glamour Shot done when I was 13. They did a great job! I could never get my hair to do that again! I temporarily will change my avatar so you can see the one I had done.

Your son's wedding sounds really great! Things are coming together quickly, I am sure! 26 days will be here before you can say "I do!" The whole family is coming? That is good!

Dear Sherry,

I am glad your acne is not as bothersome as mine with the burning and itching. My Thyroid probably is contributing to it. It is hyper right now. There is not much I can do about it, though. The tests my doctor ran showed nothing.

The ABX causes it to come out in cyst form? That is scary! When that breaks open, it really causes a nasty herx! It is sort of like when you are killing off yeast. It does that, too. As it dies off, toxins are released into your system temporarily.

Be careful what you wish for! :lol: I hate being constipated, but do not want diarrhea, either. Right now, I am having a situation where it is gurgling in my colon, and I feel like I have a lot in there, but cannot much out! I do not know if the yeast is causing this, or if it is a virus. I hope it is not a virus.

It does not feel like one, really. You know how when you catch one you can tell the difference? The feeling is different. The Xylitol might help you get regular. Some people think psyllium husk. I cannot use it, it causes me to cramp and feel terrible!

The zinc should help. I hope you find what you need easily! Supplements are not always as easy to find as you would like.

I am surprised by how difficult it is to find some mainstream items in places. Wal-Mart moves things around all of the time, plus they may have something one time, and not carry it again for weeks or months.

Sincerely,

Jin

CarlaB Enthusiast

Hi everyone! You can tell I'm feeling good when I'm not around here much. :D

STILL no answer from Tom and Susie????? <_<;):lol: How can we NOT tease them??? I think we've been doing well with this request ... till now ... better get that answer ... did Tom go visit her???? Are they still under the influence of Susie's famous mojitos???

Sherry, I'm so glad you're feeling better. It means a lot for the rest of us, too .... if you catch a relapse soon like you did, maybe it's not as bad as the initial treatment ... I for one will be on the lookout once I get off abx .... then I WILL be a hypochondriac! LOL

Bev, glad it's working for you, too. I felt immediate improvement, too, but I was down to 15% when I started, so my improvement was to 25%. During a herx I couldn't even walk to the bathroom without help (the first one). I have about 5 days of herx, 5 days of recovery from herx, then two weeks feeling good.

Rachel, vacation's over, boy that was quick! <_<<_<<_<

Jin, yes it was a lot. I was also on a strict anti-candida diet and elimination diet. I was on a LOT of supplements that a lady who did kinesiology (the old fashioned kind, LOL) told me to take ... after the stuff that the dentist told me to take. He's on Open Original Shared Link. I lucked into a good one. :) God was taking good care of me! ;)

I was pretty strong back then, and young, LOL. Lyme went almost completely into remission after that for 12 years ... just minor symptoms, not enough to know I was "sick".

See ya' later ... gotta go.

tabasco32 Apprentice

Hi everyone

Getting ready to go to the doc again. THe lower left and right pain are getting worse. I can't really bend over or move around too suddenly. It's like a stabbing pain. I don't know why.

Its hurts more when I am bloated. everything bloats me even water. Will I ever get through this! I know I still have leaky fillings. I can taste them and they are right next to each other.

I want these teeth out but I don't know what to do in the meantime. Everyday it is worse and I am frightened.

Rachell

I know we need protein but what foods? Do you eat red meat and are you okay with it? If we eat red meat would filet be the best one to eat? I know they are harder to digest.

All I eat is chicken and slice turkey meat from diestel. It's just turkey meat nothing else.

I don't know if that is enough protein or what. We can't have beans or grains or wheat or anything so we are limited.

Yesterday I ate broccoli and got a strange reaction. It made my tongue hot or something like a light chili. It also made the taste of my food funny. I get these little raised bumps on my arm in patches like goose bumps that tingle and then go away.

I wont eat broccoli no more.

liza

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Carla,

I am glad you got through the mercury removals alright! A lot of people are skeptical of Kinesiology. I say, if it works for you, who freakin' cares what other people think? :D The other doctors can think these people are quacks if they want, but that does not change the fact that their patients get better, while conventional doctors' patients get worse. That is something they should be thinking about.

I do not know where tom and Susie are. Does anyone else have a sneaking suspicion that Contrarian Spice has something to do with this? I think he was supposed to be back in Phoenix last night. It was his last day in San Jose yesterday. Meanwhile, Susie might be in mojito land due to her back pain.

Dear Lisa,

The pain could be your ovaries! My mother had problems before where scar tissue wrapped around her organs inside.

She had cysts, and was have a real problem with her stomach cramping. The corners are likely your ovaries. They move around in there.

That is why the pain is not always in the exact same place. I get that, too. Sometimes it hurts down my hips and into my legs. I have had cysts before. Fibroids in the uterus cause that as well. With me, who knows? It's always something!

I am sorry to hear about your broccoli reaction! It is high in sulfur. Rachel was not tolerating foods like that for a while either. Garlic bothered her as well as onions, if I recall correctly. My system seems to be increasingly tempermental, too.

Sincerely,

Jin

rinne Apprentice

Hi, I'm back but not caught up yet. :)

I had a great day in the country but it wiped me out, I almost came to visit you. :lol: My sweetie's directions didn't include the A part of the highway sign and I drove to the border before I realized I was lost. :lol:

AndreaB Contributor
How odd is that? It is like when I discovered beets and quinoa are related. I did not know any of this until I started trying to build a rotation diet.

:o:blink:

Oh and I went back and looked at my initial bloodwork. It was my IgG that was positive (20 with 20-30 being borderline) and that combined with the gene. Well, there's my answer. So no Big macs for me but that's OK. I just want peanut butter and chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd stay away from gluten too. Eating other foods again without worry will definately be nice though.

Thanks for the compliment, Jin. Yeah, it's a glamour shot. Unfortunately, I don't look like that on a daily basis! :rolleyes:

Those glamour shots are always real nice.

The wedding will be here and over before you know it. :)

Hi everyone! You can tell I'm feeling good when I'm not around here much. :D

Glad you are feeling better Carla. :D Have a great day.

AndreaB Contributor
Hi, I'm back but not caught up yet. :)

Glad you had a safe trip. They are tiring under the best of conditions. Would have been nice to see you though. :D

cmom Contributor

Jin,

Great picture!!!! We're not sure if the bride's dad is coming. He is, well, being a ******. Fill in with whatever comes to mind!!!! :)

dlp252 Apprentice
My seasonal allergies and sinus problems completely went away when I went gluten-free. I did so much better family members were AMAZED! Morgan went gluten-free and her sinus symptoms disappeared completely, too. It's the ONLY symptom she has, so she does eat gluten a few times per year ... she does not have celiac though.

My allergies are also much improved! Almost don't notice them at all...a lot of that went away when I went gluten/casein free, so while the allergies may not be directly caused by Celiac or gluten intolerance, I think the burden on the immune system is reduced enough to allow it to do what it's supposed to.

One other thing--my face is oily now with several zits at a time. This is a real change so I am thinking it is another indication of change in my system--with hopefully more detoxing.

Glad things seem to be improving! I thought xylitol could also be made from corn...don't know for sure though. :unsure: My face has been breaking out too! Crazy, cuz even as a teenager I didn't have skin problems!

Gotta go to bed now...vacation is over.

Aw, so sorry, lol!

For Talitha, who has a lot of intolerances but is not otherwise obviously sick, Dr. Elizabeth said that it would have been possible for her to backfire if we had undergone chelation without doing this testing. Her sulfa pathways are blocked to some degree anyway. That is the LED treatment we are going up for on Thursday.

Very excited about Thursday!! Also glad you will ask Dr. Elizabeth about the possible affects of negativity. Hopefully your mother will at least not try to discourage you or Talitha even if she doesn't agree. I don't think my mom or aunt fully believe in alternative treatments, but they've seen a positive change in my health, so they can't deny something is working. :)

I could just see you sucking the chocolate off of the goji berries, then spitting the berries out! That is so funny!

Chocolate is something that is difficult to resist. It is one of my favorite things. Sometimes, you have to have it!

Not a pretty picture is it. :lol:

dlp252 Apprentice

and part 2

You know how we were talking about funky nailpolish colors? OPI has come out with some great new ones! There are six of them, and the line is called Psychedelic Summer! Just Groovy is the shade I really want the most! It is this awesome blue.

Strawberry Fields is another one that is nice. It is a pink. Here is the link so you can see them for yourself: Open Original Shared Link I think you will love them as much as I do! I e-mailed them to see if they are gluten-free. Hopefully, they will send a reply soon.

:lol: on the vampire slaying!! Speaking of nail color...my toes are now candy apple red with white flowers on the big toes! I also bought a variety box of nail colors which includes black and white. :lol: Also bought a metallic blue...looks almost black, so I'm hoping it will be metallic navy when I put it on.

HERXATION HIDEOUSNESS

:lol:

Thanks for the compliment, Jin. Yeah, it's a glamour shot. Unfortunately, I don't look like that on a daily basis!

I think everything is coming together for the wedding at the moment. 26 days to go!

Robin

Very nice pic! Wow, the excitement is mounting!

STILL no answer from Tom and Susie????? How can we NOT tease them??? I think we've been doing well with this request ... till now ... better get that answer ... did Tom go visit her???? Are they still under the influence of Susie's famous mojitos???

Exactly! I see Tom on now...maybe we'll get an update! Someone Plllllleeeeeeezzzzzzzeeeeee update us. :lol:

Getting ready to go to the doc again. THe lower left and right pain are getting worse. I can't really bend over or move around too suddenly. It's like a stabbing pain. I don't know why.

Its hurts more when I am bloated. everything bloats me even water. Will I ever get through this! I know I still have leaky fillings. I can taste them and they are right next to each other.

I want these teeth out but I don't know what to do in the meantime. Everyday it is worse and I am frightened.

So very glad you are seeing her today! Especially since you are having that pain...she may be able to tell exactly where it is coming from and what needs to be done.

I had a great day in the country but it wiped me out, I almost came to visit you. My sweetie's directions didn't include the A part of the highway sign and I drove to the border before I realized I was lost.

Well, it certainly would have been nice to have you visit, but I would have really worried if you made it THIS far down. :P

tom Contributor
What happens is that our bodies do all they can to heal the most urgent task at hand and sometimes cannot heal it completely ... toxins, etc. are left behind. When it all of a sudden gets more energy and tools to heal, then it goes back and heals old issues that it couldn't completely heal the first time around.

. . . .

Oh, this is where I meant to talk about retracing. :rolleyes: It's not really relapsing, it's having the energy to go back and fix what wasn't completely fixed before. Relapsing is when it's coming back and getting worse.

Argh I've got so much catching up to do.

Been busier than since last millenium!! :lol:

And I totally dingo'd whether I'd already responded to this or just *thought* of what I was gonna say. :blink:

Wish the sidekick worked on the "Recent Posts" part of profiles, so I could check MINE! :(

Grrrrr I think I *did* type the "ohhhhhhh! Best explanation I've seen", didn't I?

Anyway, 'retracing' isn't so mysterious to me any more!! :)

Not that I wouldn't like to understand the whys and hows but at least the definition is clearer now.

P.S. Writing "millenium" reminds me of the 2000/2001 silliness on millenial end/start.

And a couple days ago I somehow suddenly thought of the best explanation for 2000 being End of a millenium, not start of new one.

Counting fingers, the last one "turns over" the digits back to ending in 0, b4 needing to restart on hand. (?) oh crap that didn't come out as elegant(math-wise) as I'd hoped.

LOL oh well, I'm only 7 yrs behind w/ it anyway eh??? LMAO

[Edit - oh!! And the first finger's # on NEXT set of hands (or 1st yr in next millenium) ends w/ a 1, not 0) <uhhh u can stop hitting that horse now tom, it died awhile ago>

]

(Sheesh HOW many pages to catch up??)

:)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Your vacation is over already? How long was it? Most vacations last at least a week. Yours did not seem to last very long. It seems like it just started. :blink:

I was off 9 days. It sure as heck doesnt feel like it though! :unsure:

More energy, less brain fog, less pain. Even my GERD has mellowed out.

Yay Bev!! :)

Glad you, Sherry and Carla are feeling better! WOO-HOO! :D

The IgG is the one that can be elevated for causes other than Celiac....its the least specific for Celiac. IgA is more specific for Celiac...and both EMA and tTG are highly specific for Celiac.

Thats why I was saying if it was only your IgG that was positive you could challenge it later. I'll probably eat mainly gluten-free anyway but I wont have to worry about it if I eat out....or when I get a Big Mac. :)

How bad is it that...here I sit....totally poisoned....and already planning out my first Big Mac?? :rolleyes:

Rachel, vacation's over, boy that was quick! <_<<_<<_<

Yeah...WTH?? <_< It feels like I got short-changed or something.....it doesnt feel like I had 9 days off. :angry:

Yesterday I ate broccoli and got a strange reaction. It made my tongue hot or something like a light chili. It also made the taste of my food funny. I get these little raised bumps on my arm in patches like goose bumps that tingle and then go away.

I wont eat broccoli no more.

liza

Hey Liza, Lisa, Lis,....which one is it anyway?? :P

Oh yeah...forgot....Freddie Mercury Spice. :lol:

My guess will be SULFUR.

Yup...that is my final answer. B)

If you get a similar reaction to garlic, eggs, onions, supplements containing sulfur, sulfites, etc.....then yeah...its the sulfur. If you continue to have a reaction like this when its time to chelate....you will not do well with the chelators because they are all sulfur based.

Sulfur is needed to chelate metals. If you're having a problem with sulfur make sure your Dr. knows this.

I have alot of problems with sulfur. My body does not want anything to do with sulfur. This is why I'm going to be going through with that laser detox...because it detoxes sulfur residuals from the body. If I've got alot of sulfur residuals it could be why I'm not able to detox mercury. The sulfur residuals make the chelation treatments ineffective.

I am sorry to hear about your broccoli reaction! It is high in sulfur. Rachel was not tolerating foods like that for a while either. Garlic bothered her as well as onions, if I recall correctly.

Yeah....sulfur bothers me. ;)

I had a great day in the country but it wiped me out, I almost came to visit you. :lol: My sweetie's directions didn't include the A part of the highway sign and I drove to the border before I realized I was lost. :lol:

:lol::lol:

Rinne....next time keep driving. ;)

....and make sure there are lots of Rinne Bars in the trunk. :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Hey!!!

How come the dude with the sunglasses doesnt work anymore??? :unsure:

Seeee...

B)B)B)B)

WTH??

I LIKE that guy!! :(

Now I'm getting short-changed with the emoticons too?? <_<

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Rinne,

I am glad you had a nice day in the country! That is, even if your husband's directions were not so good! :lol: My father does that stuff, too. My mother and I were on our way to the endodontist, and she got so annoyed at him because of him taking forever to respond. We would just turn a corner and he would tell us to go back! She was ready to choke him! :lol:

Dear Andrea,

Yes, food families are a strange thing! Beets and quinoa are in the same group! :o Celery and carrots are not so surprising. However, some others are quite unexpected. It never donned on me that sweet potatoes and potatoes are two different food families. Potatoes, eggplant, bell peppers, and cayenne are all nightshades. WTH?

I am sure your doctor will tell you how negativity is toxic. My parents are toxic people! I would get rid of them if I could. I would move out of here, and avoid them! I am tired of all of that stuff. I swear their thoughts are black magick!

Dear Robin,

Thank you for the compliments! Can you believe my hair even at that length was heavy enough that it fell flat within forty-five minutes? Now my hair is long and black. It suits me better I think. I will post my new avatar once my hair is done.

You are better off without the bride's father if he is an a**cracker. He could ruin everything. Weddings are a time of joy, not conflict. At least, they are supposed to be this way. I see no reason people cannot be congenial, but there are always those that want to make others miserable.

Dear Donna,

ROTFLMAO! I can see you with your tongue hanging out, spitting those berries! It is not the worst picture. In fact, it is quite humorous, really! :lol: I enjoy those funny thoughts! They are amusing!

Yes, the vampire is dead! No longer shall she prey on me! That is all she wrote, baby! I even had half a nerve to draw a little chalk outline where she was squished, but it was on my grocery list. I did not want to smudge the ink. It was so neat. :lol:

All those nailpolishes sound like fun! You will be playing with those I bet! The red with white roses sounds pretty! Mine are pearly pink right now, but most of it has worn off. Maybe I will get to make them nice again by the end of the week.

I would love to design neat stencils to do nails with.

Dear tom,

Did you have a nice flight back to Phoenix? Flying can be a big pain. If you are organized, it helps. How long is a flight from Phoenix to San Jose? I have never flown, but I think I would like it better than driving.

As far as the millenium thing goes, it is kind of funny. Everyone got all excited for 2000, and it turns out they celebrated the wrong year! I knew that was not right. It had to begin in 2001. The reason is due to the fact there was no zero year.

Sincerely,

Jin

Rachel--24 Collaborator

HEY!!!!

How come they WORKED that time?? :huh:

How come the dude with the sunglasses doesnt work when I want to use him in my post?? Its happened several times...but my last post....they worked fine??

WTH is going on??

and...NO....I have not started eating the Big Macs already. :P

diamondheart Newbie
Me, too. I have had IV DMPS challenge for my urine tests. Not aware of having any trouble. Last winter I felt sick afterward and didn't get better--thought it was the DMPS. But eventually I traced it to bismuth sensitivity. I had started h pylori treatment the day before the DMPS challenge, and was sick the whole time until I got off bismuth.

I take oral DMPS for chelating...1 capsule every two weeks.

Hi Sherry, I've read that DMPS can deplete your body of minerals, so it makes sense that you would need zinc. Not that I've had personal experience with it, but something you might want to check out.

Seth fell and hit his forehead today on mom's concrete patio. Don't know yet how ugly of a bruise he's going to have. Pretty sure it won't be pretty though.

Andrea, Hope the little guy is better!

Dear Claire,

Your dentist sounds very aware of the risks involved. The procedure he described sounds like Hal Huggins, DDS to the T! Alternate air sources are very important for the protection of the patient. Mercury vapors are incredibly dangerous. Most people are not aware of that!

Hi Jin, I met with this dentist today. Yes, he gives oxygen to the patient, but he doesn't vent the vapors. He wears a respirator, but for the patient, they just take a regular dusk mask, and turn it upside down to cover your nose and eyes :huh: . I thought that was pretty hokey, to be quite honest.

He did tell me something very interesting. He said the best thing I could do for dental health and pregnancy was to improve my gums, NOT take out my amalgams. He did a cursory exam of my gum health. I didn't care for him to do the whole thing because it hurt. He said that gum disease is an indicator for fertility and having a healthy baby. I do need to be better about flossing, as I'm very sporadic with it. He thought he could remove all my amalgams in one visit, but I would do it in two. He also found some cracks in my teeth with the fillings that my other dentist missed last month.

I don't know if I would go with this guy after seeing his office. He seemed knowledgeable enough, but he didn't have any special equipment for amalgam removal besides oxygen, a different kind of tip to section the fillings in large pieces, dental dam, and a respirator for himself. Any dentist could have that same stuff. I think I'm going to shop around a little more before choosing a dentist to remove my amalgams.

I told one of my best friends (not the one who is getting married) that I thought about having a medieval-style wedding as far the dress goes (except no men in tights, I am not that cruel!)

My friend who did my flowers was also my fairy godmother for my wedding! Oh man, did she get a lot of laughs. I loved it. How many brides are lucky enough to have a fairy godmother at their wedding :lol: .

Claire

Archived