This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

mftnchn Explorer
Dear Sherry,

I know someone whose preacher's daughter had copper poisoning. She was having terrible abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting. The poor girl could not keep anything in or down. I am not sure what they did to fix it, but could ask.

I could do some research for you. Let me poke around and see what I can find.

The Lyme relapse certainly occurred for a reason. Anything could set it off. You may be fine, then get a cold, and that could set it off. Other factors are contributing I am sure. I know the air in China is quite polluted from the factories. A man named Peter Hessler was a correspondant there. He got very ill due to the pollution.

Yes, Jin there is a lot of pollution here. That's one reason I live where I do because it is a lot better here. I do travel into the pollution though several days a month. I boil and brita filter my water though I have also wondered about water here.

I'd be interested in what you find out about copper. I don't have any of those symptoms though. I've been making a list of things to discuss in my next phone consult with Dr. G. Copper is on it, as well as several other things all of you have mentioned. Thanks for your help!!

Rachel,

Sorry I forgot to respond about the allergy injections. I don't know if they are called EPD, I have heard the term but forget what it is.

Mine are done based on skin testing, plus my doctor considers any other reactions as well. The items are tested individually, then combined into a mix for me. Then they retest the mix and sometimes have to go to a much weaker dilution after that. I have had some very strong delayed reactions in the past so they are careful.

I have 5 mixes; one is molds, another is grasses, another trees. Then I have 2 mixes with dusts, mites, cockroach (I am very allergic to that), cat, and other misc.

For many years I couldn't tolerate the molds in any amount though we know they are part of my issues. Then about 2-3 years ago we retried, and he has been able to treat me. It is a very very low dose though that I can handle. I am trying now to increase it a little at a time. The solution isn't too stable because it is such a low dose, so I'd like to get to one that is more stable.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator

Claire!!!

How totally weird...right now I was downstairs cooking my dinner and for some reason you popped into my mind. I was wondering how you were doing. Come upstairs and the first thing I see is your post. :lol:

She knows Scott the better health guy, and is a Dr. Klinghardt groupie.

Does anyone NOT know Scott?? :lol:

He's all over place...today he was interviewing Dr. Garry Gordon (world leader in oral chelation therapy) on the link between Lyme and Mercury. Should be interesting to read about.

Mercury showed up as a problem with me. No other metals are a problem. Part of me is skeptical because I know she feels strongly about the effects of dental mercury. Part of me wants them ripped out immediately.

I wouldnt be skeptical....like Andrea said...if it showed up...its a problem. Obviously, she shouldnt have come on so strongly to you but I think these Dr.'s and practitioners have seen so much of the damage mercury has caused to peoples health....I would imagine its hard for them not to be very passionate about it.

I do think your ongoing symptoms are consistent with mercury. I trust the results of ART and I also trust Scotts opinions about certain Dr.'s or practitioners that he's gotten to know.

It seems that it has been a very long process to detox. I really don't have a long time because I'm trying to get pregnant in September. I've been trying to balance the risk of taking out the amalgams and increasing mercury in my system versus taking out the amalgams and immediately reducing my exposure to mercury. What do you all think? I supposed part of it will depend on if Lyme shows up. I won't be surprised if it does.

I think its a hard decision to make....if it were me...after all that I've come to learn....I would agree with Andrea. I would get the amalgams removed before getting pregnant. If you have high levels of mercury and infections (which go hand-in-hand) it wouldnt be a good situation for the baby.

If you do have Lyme...then the risks are even greater...especially with regards to Autism.

I think there is probably a reason you're finding this out now...I would take care of it and then get pregnant without the worries of passing these things on to your child.

The Bioset testing showed I'm clear for viruses, so it's weird that it shows up with ART. What were you saying about that Rachel? I'm sure that the ringing in my ears is from the viruses.

BioSET identifies things that the immune system has become sensitized to. The treatments can desensitize you to those things to reduce stress on your immune system but they cant actually "clear" something from your body completely.

For example I'm sensitized to all the metals in my body...my immune system is reactive to them. I got treated to "swich-off" that immune reaction....which would relax my immune system a bit and perhaps allow my body to let go of some of these metals easier. But no....BioSET cannot clear the mercury from my body. Its still there until I go through chelation.

Thats why ART can pick up the residuals from those viruses...because they are there.

When we find with the ART direct resonance testing a particular microorganism, what does that really mean? It means that some part of the test vial (or test culture, slide) is identical to what is in the body.

But yeah....it doesnt mean they are active....could just be remnants from previous infection.

The ringing in your ears could be from candida or even a bacteria infection like Lyme. If you have high levels of mercury you undoubtedly have yeast issues...so that could be the cause of alot of your symptoms.

It doesnt sound like she tested you for fungal issues?

I also have a problem with the scar from my surgery last year. We haven't even gotten to parasites yet! That will be next Tuesday.

The scar could be a toxic site on your body. I never knew that about scars until I read my Dr.'s presentation on all this stuff. It says especially if the scar is across the abdomen or if its near the area where alot of symptoms occur.

She started me on chlorella for the mercury. She has infra-red sauna for the mercury toxicity, but I don't know if I would do it. I'm not supposed to be doing things that involve heat, as it's something I have an excess of according to my Chinese Medicine diagnosis. Also, it means more money, and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with all my medical expenses lately. I'll also be taking iodine supplements.

The saunas are great for detoxing mercury and other toxins. I ended up buying my own to save money in the long run. I figure I'll be using it enough that in a couple months what I would have payed to use the sauna at BioSET would have already payed for this one.

I'm also supposed to wear these red glasses for 20 minutes a day. It's part of color therapy, another Klinghardt thing, I think

Yeah...I dont know anything about color therapy and I havent had to do it yet but apparantly it works...dont ask me how or why though. :unsure:

spoke with a dentist today that removes mercury fillings properly. He said he might have a cancellation Monday , but I don't think I would be ready that quickly to remove my amalgams. I want to have the materials that he is putting back in tested, and I want to set up a Vitamin C IV after the amalgam removal. The Vitamin C IV is supposed to help with the mercury removal.

I wouldnt cut any corners with this. Get proper supplementation for before, during and after removals set up, get the compatibility test out of the way and then proceed with the removals.

Since you're going back for ART on Tuesday I would get her opinions on all of this too. She might be able to give you an idea of what to expect as far as detox and getting pregnant. Also, its hard to say right now without knowing all the other variables...like if Lyme will be an issue.

Regardless of what infections you might have dealing with the mercury would be the first (and most important) step you would make toward healing.

I hope everything works out the way you want...keep us updated. I would love to hear about your upcoming sessions.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
The scar could be a toxic site on your body. I never knew that about scars until I read my Dr.'s presentation on all this stuff. It says especially if the scar is across the abdomen or if its near the area where alot of symptoms occur.

HI GUYS

BEEN READING ALONG AND CHECKING ON MY FRIENDS TO SEE HOW APTS ARE GOING AND IF SUSIE Q GOT OUT OF THE 'TUBE' :D

I just saw this Rachel and a lite bulb went off.

you know i got that flare in my lymph leg. Thought it was a bug bite but seems to be a spot that was burned by the heating pad months ago and now bingo..some days the thigh just get crimson beet read and puffy and sore from the waist to the back of my knee.

Chiro does MLD and work on L5 disk BUT...you know the scabed over spot if right beside the lond waist to the back of the knee scar from a femar bone graft in 1977. HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

don't know anything about the 'SCAR' CONNECTION.

Hate to take you time explaining it so do you have a site i can read up on it.

gathering your liking your sana but read you 'RACHELED' IT ON OCASSION. :ph34r::D;) WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO WITH YA RACH????

HUGS ALL.

JUDY

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Rachel,

That is really interesting about Asyra. Is that available through ART? :huh: I need to find out of there is anyone who does BioSet or ART here. Scott would be able to tell me, I am sure. At least when I am able to afford it, I will know who to go to!

Modifilin does not sound compatible for everyone. It varies from person to person. I sure think it sounds unappetizing. :( If something sticks to everything like that, it might not be very tasty! I would wonder what else it sticks to once it gets in your system!

Dear Susie,

I am sorry you did not get to go to your magic place! It sounds like those drugs did not do much. I am the exact opposite. Medications tend to make me terribly drowsy, which I hate. I am so glad you got through the MRI alright! Let us know when you get the results Monday!

So, how did your movie marathon go? Did you have a nice visit with your nieces? Can you send them here to clean our house? I need all the help I can get. This place is a disaster area!

Thank God the petrified sausage biscuits were only found in the car! Still, I was annoyed because it was my car he borrowed! There were ashes everywhere! Plus, crumbs an inch thick from snack he had eaten in there. I did what I could to clean it up, but even after detailing it with a vaccuum, half of the crumbs were stuck in the carpeting in the floor! :o My poor Groovy Ruby Mobile shall never be exposed to that horror again!

Dear Andrea,

I am glad T is doing so well taking the pills! :) They are not easy to swallow sometimes! It helps if you drink from a water bottle. From what Rachel said, the Modifilin would not be tasty out of the capsule. I could see why your daughter would not want a repeat of the experience she had with chlorella!

Dear Judy,

You could be onto something with that scar! I believe those things can really cause trouble. I was not cut open when I had my gallbladder removed. They did a laparoscopic surgery on me. However, anyone who had surgery years ago probably has a high risk of major issues Rachel pointed out.

Dear Claire,

Due to the risk, having a child right now could be dangerous. The mercury could cause them to have Autism. Another thing is, it could cause you to miscarry, if you even are able to conceive. Mercury can cause fertility issues. I understand why you do not want to wait, but maybe you could have your eggs frozen or something?

I thought that was interesting what you said about iodine. I had no idea the uterus used it. Who would have thought it was the second most needy organ for that stuff? I knew how important iodine was to the Thyroid. Nothing in my research ever described how important it is to the uterus.

Those viruses probably had quite a nasty effect on you. They do end up having some lasting impact on your entire system. West Nile is something I am very afraid of getting, because I do not need any other problems! I have enough now!

I got bit the other day already! I hate mosquitos!

Dear tom,

Yes, the petrified sausage biscuit was quite frightening! Surprisingly, it was not molded. It did not even smell bad. Considering it had been in there for quite some time, and the heat was over 90 degrees, that was something. Regardless, it still did not belong in the floor in my car (or in any car)! At least the Magic Bullet Chocolate Pudding Bomb was tasty!

Now my parents are back on the maybe it is Lyme track. :rolleyes: I told them, there is nothing the Celiac test can really do for me at the moment. They can identify other food allergens aside from gluten with the full panel, but the Lyme can kill me. I am on the diet for Celiac, so that is alright. I can do a rotation diet to identify other problem foods. The yeast is something Dad does not get, either.

I told him, the thing is, even two pieces of bread with yeast a day are really bad for you. You never get rid of yeast until you completely avoid sugar, yeast, fermented foods (cheese, alcohol, soy sauce, miso), fruit, peanuts, pistachios, and all kinds of other things. I told him about the Chebe bread, and I think he might let me get some of that. Cross your fingers!

Maybe I will get the Lyme testing and the bread!

Dear Nikki and tom,

That is so funny about bowels! :lol: I thought the other day tom put "feed the breast" when he put "feed the beast!"

It is because we normally do not read every letter while reading. Our brain thinks it is something else! I laughed like crazy when I realized what it was.

Dear Lisa,

That stomach pain is something I am all too familiar with! There is so much that can cause that. It is really frustrating!

I know that there were days that I wondered why I was still alive, and asked God why he hated me, and what he was punishing me for. It feels like your spirit is trapped in a corpse.

Dear Lisa and fajitas,

Well, the herx was covered very well by Donna and Bev! There is not much I can add to it! I know I probably have had a couple. I had only heard of a herx with yeast before. Until I joined this thread, I did not know that Lyme Disease involved herxes, too.

Dear Bev,

Your herx definition was perfect! :lol: This is also what I call a "Please Kill Me Day". If a deranged gunman came into the bank while you were there, you would willingly volunteer to be shot first. Naturally, the jerk would shoot the guy who just won the lottery standing next to you instead. Did you ever notice how much irony sucks?

Let's just say those sausage biscuits are more resilient than I expected! :lol: With all of the chemicals they put in them, you would think so. They should last nearly an eternity! I am just glad it did not smell bad or anything. Mold would have really been worse.

Dear Donna,

That is a great definition for a herx. That makes sense. I have had some of those. Two to date, I think. When I was on the Flagyl in November, and then when I tried to cold turkey on sugar and go low-carb. That is definitely an error in judgment I made! Now it is nice and steady.

I totally forgot that we could get mold on the dehumidifier! It is plastic, so it is less likely than some of the others to mold. Despite this, I will check it out anyway. Right now, I have a major headache from being in the shower due to all of the mold in there. I am enacting a no tolerance policy on mold in our house!

Dear Sherry,

Check out this Web page Open Original Shared Link and read about copper poisoning. They can diagnose it by doing a blood test, or a urine test. Excessive supplementation and lack of zinc are two common causes.

I know copper arsenate is used in many wood treatments. Decks often have it on there. Children have succumbed to arsenic poisoning from it. I do not know why copper could not be absorbed the same way.

Usually, you ingest it be touching the wood. Then, like most people, forget to wash your hands. You go eat, and then take it in. I believe they found the girl I was telling you about to have copper poisoning by the blood testing. I hope this helps. Let us know what your doctors decides once you speak with him!

Sincerely,

Jin

mftnchn Explorer
Dear Sherry,

Check out this Web page Open Original Shared Link and read about copper poisoning. They can diagnose it by doing a blood test, or a urine test. Excessive supplementation and lack of zinc are two common causes.

I know copper arsenate is used in many wood treatments. Decks often have it on there. Children have succumbed to arsenic poisoning from it. I do not know why copper could not be absorbed the same way.

Usually, you ingest it be touching the wood. Then, like most people, forget to wash your hands. You go eat, and then take it in. I believe they found the girl I was telling you about to have copper poisoning by the blood testing. I hope this helps. Let us know what your doctors decides once you speak with him!

Sincerely,

Jin

Thanks Jin. I'll check it out. I have hardly been around any wood as in Asia most building are cement. Just the furniture I have.

I don't know that this would by itself explain my return of symptom because the copper was high in 2004 and 2007, not much change at all. Except in combo with other things like stopping ABX, going Gluten-free Casein-free.

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Sherry,

I wonder if there is a metabolic disorder that causes copper to build up in your system. I know Lyme can cause mercury and lead to stay in the system instead of being excreted. I do not know why copper would be any different. It could just be the Lyme itself making the copper level excessive. It would not be surprising.

Sincerely,

Jin

rinne Apprentice
..... I even used it in a drink the other day. the only problem is it is so good i am always tempted to eat the whole jar but i am very good at carlaing so i haven't had any unfortunate events as of yet- but i was close the other day i ahd to call my mom and have her tell me to put the jar down!!!!!!

:lol:

I've been eating a bowl of frozen raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries with homemade whipped cream from just pure whipping cream, no sugar, and a piece of fudge as a "meal". It totally looks like something I shouldn't be eating!!! After not having sweets for so long, it tastes sweet, though it probably wouldn't to someone used to eating stuff with sugar.

MMMmmmmm. :)

Halooooooo Rinne - - - I would like a case of Rinne Bars, STAT!!!!

You can have them delivered from the Rachelville Deli. :lol::lol::lol:

Wish I could deliver them in person. :)

So glad you are getting through this, I couldn't believe you didn't get to go to your happy place for the MRI. :( But glad you did okay, I know I would l have a difficult time with it.

I hear ya !

I've completely cluttered up my head in this thread and I'm trying to work it out. I like it here - lots of interesting info, interesting people. Have lots of questions, but I'll get to that later.

Mostly here to say - Have good days all

Nice to see you. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

rinne Apprentice

I'd rather eat a whole bowl of quinoa if that tells you anything.

:o:huh::lol:

<go ahead! read it as 'bowels' !!>

OMG cheeks hurt!

Jin, you make me laugh out loud with your use of language. Thanks.

:o:lol:

Well, I am exhausted. My throat has been sore for most of the day and when I swallow my ears hurt! My intestines also hurt! It must be a herx or a flare...yah, that's it cuz I refuse to call it a reaction to the nearly 1/3 jar of cashew butter I ate yesterday. :lol: Oh, oh, I'll blame it on the ALA...cuz it JUST CAN'T be the cashew butter!

:ph34r: Pssst, it's the cashew butter. :ph34r::lol:

To everyone who's feeling good: Yippee! To everyone who's not :wub: :wub: :wub:

:wub:

gathering your liking your sana but read you 'RACHELED' IT ON OCASSION. :ph34r::D;) WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO WITH YA RACH????

HUGS ALL.

JUDY

We must stand in awe and admiration of our fearless president's great capacity to be herself. :):lol:

rinne Apprentice

And part three....

:o

Has anyone tried the Bodi Detox Patch? Any opinions on them or any other brand?

I have a country day today, much to do to get ready to travel, see you all later. :)

Enjoy the day, or the moments in it you can. :wub:

mftnchn Explorer
Dear Sherry,

I wonder if there is a metabolic disorder that causes copper to build up in your system. I know Lyme can cause mercury and lead to stay in the system instead of being excreted. I do not know why copper would be any different. It could just be the Lyme itself making the copper level excessive. It would not be surprising.

Sincerely,

Jin

I don't know. The little I could find on a google search was copper deficiency in lyme and in celiac.

Sherry

dlp252 Apprentice
Well - - in short - - I never was even REMOTELY sedated or tranquilized today, despite more than double the dose. They gave me first batch, checked in on me after 15 minutes, said I'd be quite drowsy....and I was wide awake, told them that not only could I MULTI-TASK, I could do all of their jobs.

:o !!! :lol: I'm glad it wasn't bad for you!! Hope you are feeling well today! Can't wait to hear the results...

I had my first ART session yesterday with Eve Greenberg. She knows Scott the better health guy, and is a Dr. Klinghardt groupie. When I told her about my 5 amalgams, I immediately got a lecture. This was within the first 5 minutes of our session. I was a bit turned off about how strong she came on. I told her I wanted an objective evaluation first. The testing then began.

I think Andrea and Rachel covered the what should you do thing pretty well. I would agree with what they wrote.

I'm so sorry she came off strongly on your first session...I'm hoping that is because she is passionate about what she does. :P

I like watching Scott work...I can see on his face that he is so very interested in what he finds, and when something confirms something else.

So she didn't test for lyme? In my first session Scott found the lyme, mercury/metals, candida and lots of infections both viral and bacterial--I hadn't really mentioned lyme to him, in fact told him BioSET hadn't picked it up, so both of us were surprised when it showed up.

Does anyone NOT know Scott?? :lol:

He's all over place...today he was interviewing Dr. Garry Gordon (world leader in oral chelation therapy) on the link between Lyme and Mercury. Should be interesting to read about.

For example I'm sensitized to all the metals in my body...my immune system is reactive to them. I got treated to "swich-off" that immune reaction....which would relax my immune system a bit and perhaps allow my body to let go of some of these metals easier. But no....BioSET cannot clear the mercury from my body. Its still there until I go through chelation.

Thats why ART can pick up the residuals from those viruses...because they are there.

But yeah....it doesnt mean they are active....could just be remnants from previous infection.

And I am sensitized to the metals, candida, infections, but not to the lyme which is why BioSET finds everything but the lyme. ART is also still picking up H.Pylori, which I know is a residual thing now.

Yeah, Scott goes to a lot of conferences and things...plus the reporting thing he does for the lyme newsletter.

Has anyone tried the Bodi Detox Patch? Any opinions on them or any other brand?

I have a country day today, much to do to get ready to travel, see you all later.

Don't know much about the detox pads...I know a few people on LN use them, and I've also seen a few people on the mercury boards who have used them.

Hope you have a great day in the country!

jerseyangel Proficient

Rinne, I hope you have a nice day out in the country. (Reminds me of that song by Three Dog Night.... :rolleyes: )

Big hello to our birthday girl!! Any plans this weekend, Donna?

Andrea, I'm so glad you were satisfied with Talitha's appointment. I hope she responds quickly and the whole process goes well for her.

Susie--I'm so happy that the MRI wasn't as bad as you expected..Anxiously awaiting your results. You sound better--like I said, it's all going to be alright. ;)

Good morning and happy weekend to everyone :)

rinne Apprentice

Okay, I still haven't made it out the door and why :rolleyes::lol: because I am here. :lol:

Have a great day everyone. Hi Patti. :)

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
You could be onto something with that scar! I believe those things can really cause trouble. I was not cut open when I had my gallbladder removed. They did a laparoscopic surgery on me. However, anyone who had surgery years ago probably has a high risk of major issues Rachel pointed out. Jin

DO YOU THINK ??? WOW I SURE DIDN'T PUT THESE TOGETHER.

THIS AM WOKE UP WITH HIVES ALL ROUND SITE...WHY...??? :o:blink: WHO THE HECK KNOWS. :ph34r:

:o:lol:

:wub:

RINNE ..I TRIED ALMOND BUTTER AS CAN'T HAVE PEANUT BUTTER ANYMORE...AND HAVE WAITING ON THE CASHEW BUTTER AS PATTI SAID DIDN'T AGREE WITH HER...LAST NITE I HAD SOME SMART BALANCE BUTTER POP CORN AND SAID DAIRY FREE NO LACTOSE...BUT DID IT HAVE CASEIN????????????????? ANYONE KNOW??? :ph34r:

We must stand in awe and admiration of our fearless president's great capacity to be herself. :):lol:

:lol::lol:

Rinne, I hope you have a nice day out in the country. (Reminds me of that song by Three Dog Night.... :rolleyes: ) HAVE FUN RINNE

Big hello to our birthday girl!! Any plans this weekend, Donna? HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOW DID I MISS THAT ONE????

Good morning and happy weekend to everyone :)

DITTO AND BACK AT YA PATTI.

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Sherry,

There is bound to be something about the excessive amount of copper. I really think Lyme could be behind it. I know it is typical to have low levels of it instead, but there are exceptions. We just have to keep looking! I will try another search engine and see if anything good pops up.

Dear Donna,

I recall you saying the Helidac therapy you did only had 2 antibiotics. That was surprising. According to the research I did, you need a minimum of three to eradicate it. I was on three! I took Flagyl, pink bismuth, and Amoxicillin. My doctor also had me on a PPI. Prevacid is the only one that has been proven to help kill h. pylori off.

Dear Rinne,

I am glad you get to have a day out in the country! That will be nice! My grandparents live out near the cornfields. They have an old farm house. It is so nice and peaceful there. I wish I could buy that house, so if something happens to them, we would still have the house in the family. There are so many good memories.

This house, however, is nowhere close to harmonious. Dad and I got in another screaming match this morning. Once again, here I sit, in tears. I am so tired of this. This time, it was about mercury and Alzheimer's. He says I believe everything I read on the Internet. He says people on here exaggerate. It made me so angry! :angry:

I am glad you enjoy my wordage. :lol: Even when I am ranting, it is important to make it funny. If people can laugh about my insane, idiotic family, then I can, too. I think that is what it is. We all know my real family is you guys. Even if my a**cracker father thinks we are just a bunch of paranoid hypochondriacs. (Says the smoker with severe brainfog who thinks mercury is safe).

Dear Patti,

I have a lot of songs in my head, too. I like Three Dog Night's "Joy to the World". My song I really have in my head right now is "Scars" by Papa Roach. The lyrics really make sense. They convey my feelings very well.

Tear my heart open, and sew it back shut

My weakness is, that I care too much

The scars remind us that the past is real

Tear my heart open, just to feel

Dear Judy,

That is so strange about that rash! Right around the scar, too. Something is going on there. That is obvious. Is it possible there is a parasite, maybe? I wonder myself about parasites.

I get this strange rash that pops up out of nowhere. It is on my chest and neck. I also get eczema on my hands. If the Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter were still alive, he would try to bag me! That is how scaly in between my fingers is!

AndreaB Contributor

:lol::lol:

Have a fun day Rinne!

Happy Birthday Donna!

Talitha took the Modifilan out of the capsule this morning. She dealt with it.....she has some stuck between her lower front teeth though. :rolleyes: I guess she'd rather do that than deal with not being able to swallow the pill. She has me cut up another one into smaller pieces.

Jin,

Those sausages in the car. :o I don't think I want to know what is in those things. :o

CarlaB Enthusiast
I really don't know what is the right thing to do -

1) Remove the fillings before I get pregnant in September to prevent passing on any mercury to my baby, or

2) Leave the fillings because removing them might release more mercury.

I would have the fillings removed and detox with all the recommended supplements. I had fillings out before I got pregnant with Chloe, and she recently tested very low for mercury. I had probably 12-16 amalgams ... every molar had one. I took the whole detox protocol and that along with an anti-candida diet (remember, candida will be disturbed with this) put my Lyme mostly into remission for 12 years. I only had a few minor Lyme symptoms during that time ... but I'd flare during a pregnancy.

I forget what Carla took.....was that glutamine or glutathione?

Glutathione ... but this was a LONG time ago ... I'm sure the recommended protocols are different now. Now they know the precursors to glutathione work better. I did notice that I immediately felt better when I took the glutathione ... and if I remember correctly, he had me taking a lot of it.

Yup. :ph34r:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Yesterday I bought whey (undenatured) ... last night we went to the movies and I ate movie popcorn for dinner :ph34r: . One of them gave me D. Which one???? I think the lady put more "butter" on the popcorn than we normally get ...

Clark Bent as Stupor-Man Contributor

happy birthday donna... I have to say it's impressive, you know, for a 7 year old to do as much as you and be that independent... you just don't see too many 7 year olds like that anymore...

for those of you who have had issues with convincing your dentists about the dangers of mercury toxicity from amalgams, here's a little something on the FDA's stance that shows they may be slowly changing their tune... of course, probably nothing substantial enough too soon but at some point down the road...

from the Consumers for Dental Choice

FDA Abandons Pro-Mercury Fillings Policy -- Will Propose New Rule

An intense set of interactions with FDA since the Court of Appeals opinion on April 13 has borne fruit. On April 19, we advised FDA of liability exposure of key staff, then on May 2 notified FDA lawyers that we had the papers prepared to file another lawsuit unless FDA wanted to meet. On May 10, top FDA officials met with food and drug law expert Jim Turner and me; we gave FDA a month to change course -- else we would return to court.

FDA responded -- favorably. Hemmed in by its own scientific panel, facing another lawsuit from us, challenged by an increasingly aroused public, and unable to justify a policy that this mercury is somehow different from the mercury in medicines for dogs or fish for humans, FDA changed course. On June 14, FDA

CarlaB Enthusiast

Thanks for posting that, Charlie ... are the the same Charlie who wrote it?

CarlaB Enthusiast

Okay, just read the can of whey that I bought ... it has stevia ... that has given me D each of the 3 or 4 times I've used it. Maybe I'll have to try a different brand ...

tom Contributor
Rinne, I hope you have a nice day out in the country. (Reminds me of that song by Three Dog Night.... :rolleyes: )

Big hello to our birthday girl!! Any plans this weekend, Donna?

****just checkin' in (a poopthru ya might say), while one guy's sleeping still and dropped the other at work (I get the ragtopppppp!!! :P ). Was up @6:04a and had coffee w/ the undelymifiable Tony early.

Donna!! Happy Bday!

3 dog night!!! Whoa I had the greatest reminiscing last wk to "I can tell mah sistah, by the flowers in'er eyes . ..on the road to Shambala-ah-ah" '73

Warm summer nights, 11 yrs old.

Priceless.

Can't think of 3 dog night song for a nice day in the country. BUT . . . . ."Goin' Up the Country" by Canned Heat might be the one?

Used to play that w/ a Chicago blues/cover band. My rare live flute performance. :)

Hope everyone's well this wkend!!

Oh! Herx! - when the buggers die, their cell walls deteriorate, releasing the innards. The way I heard it (candida), it's the previously inner enzymes/critterGuts that make a herx.

AndreaB Contributor
Okay, just read the can of whey that I bought ... it has stevia ... that has given me D each of the 3 or 4 times I've used it. Maybe I'll have to try a different brand ...

I'm glad you figured it out Carla.

Wow Charlie! Sounds like things are starting to move in the right direction.......even if it will take awhile.

Clark Bent as Stupor-Man Contributor
Thanks for posting that, Charlie ... are the the same Charlie who wrote it?

lol, no, it's not me... didn't realize that it was a 'charlie' who wrote it... maybe I should have just stuck with clark a while back to avoid confusion ;)

jerseyangel Proficient
Can't think of 3 dog night song for a nice day in the country.

It's a very pretty song--not their typical sound. It was written by Paul Williams, so if you're familiar with him, you'll know what I mean.

Open Original Shared Link

"Black and White" will always remind me of my best friend moving to Arizona (we lived in NY) in 1972. :(

And "Mama Told Me Not to Come" from the summer of 70.

I saw Three Dog Night in the very early 70's--3rd row--I was dating a local radio DJ at the time B)

Archived