This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

dlp252 Apprentice

Aw Tom...stupid noodles, lol. How disappointing!

Have you called him yet? :P

Not yet, lol. I figure I'll call once I get home from work...that way if he calls today I don't have to worry about talking about parasites if an attorney walks in. :lol: If he doesn't call today, well then the attorneys are on their own. :lol: I'm glad your landlord is concerned about the mold!

Then for my meals I take a meat packet, I take a starch, prepare a steamed veggie and a raw veggie, throw in a fat, and there you have it....a no brainer rounded meal.

Hum, I usually just put all my stuff together, but individual packets of stuff would allow more flexibility, lol. Great idea.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Green12 Enthusiast
Hum, I usually just put all my stuff together, but individual packets of stuff would allow more flexibility, lol. Great idea.

Well then you can switch it up and have some variety with all the combination possibilities :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Oregano Oil is one of the things my LLMD has me on for the bacterial overgrowth in my intestines. When my stomach is upset, it works pretty well and quickly. I take it two or three times per day.

If you get it, read how many drops you need. The Wild Oats brand is very concentrated and you only need four drops. Another brand was cheaper, but required 20 drops. This is the most vile stuff I've ever had to take, but it works. Here's what I found about oregano oil and parasites ... I got curious.

Isomeric phenols (primarily carvacrol) in oregano oil in dilutions as low as 1/50,000 destroys Candida albicans, the Aspergillus mold, Staphylococcus, Campylobacter, Klebsiella, E.coli, Giardia, Pseudomonas, and Proteus. Another phenol constituent, thymol, boosts the immune system. These compounds also act as free radical scavengers (shield against toxins) thus preventing further tissue damage while encouraging healing.

Oil of oregano is antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, and antiparasitic. It also has strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects and is an ideal product to use for people who suffer from CFS and/or fibromyalgia.

One study investigated the use of oregano oil in the treatment of GI parasites in 14 adult patients. After 6 weeks of treatment, there was a complete disappearance of Entamoeba hartmanni in 4 cases and Blastocystis hominis in 8 cases. Gastrointestinal symptoms improved in 7 of the 11 patients infected with B. hominis. [Phytotherapy Research. 2000; 14: pp.213-4]
AndreaB Contributor
Here's what I found about oregano oil and parasites ... I got curious.

Got those copied over too......thanks Carla. :)

ami27 Apprentice

I just got back from my appointment with the dentist. I have so much work that needs to be done. I have 4 crowns that need to be replaced, because they are made of nickel and could have amalgam underneath as well. I have 1 mercury filling that needs to be replaced. I have another mercury filling that needs to come out and a crown needs to be put in. I also have to replace my bridge because it is made of nickel. There is also a cavity under the bridge that needs to be taken care of. He explained that the nickel and mercury are opposing metals and should all come out. This work is in excess of $9200. But, I have good dental insurance so it won't be all out of pocket. They were going to start with the ones that gave the worst readings from the test they did. So I was going to take care of 2 of the crowns and changing out the mercury filling to a crown. He offers compatibility testing for materials used to ensure they are compatible based on a blood test. He doesn't do heavy metal toxicity testing, but he said he would refer me to a doctor that does. So my thought is, that I should get everything out and replaced, then go to the doctor he refers me to for testing and detoxing. Any thoughts on this approach? Does this sound like a good plan?

Ami

CarlaB Enthusiast

Ami, I would go see the doctor, then schedule the dental work as the doctor sees fit. It would probably be too overwhelming to your system to have the dental work done all at once and without taking proper supplementation.

Limpin Newbie

Hello all,

This is my first post to the forum. I have been reading it for a few days and got to wondering about the perpetrator of CORN early in the thread. I was having a great day yesterday, feeling good and just sticking to meat, tuna, nuts, fruits and veggies (the classic paleo diet). Then all of a sudden I got this slump, right after I had my tuna. It *had* to be the copious quantity of processed low-fat mayo that I added in. So I read the food label. Canola oil? Possibly. Vinegar? Nah. Corn starch? Hmmm...

So I decided to perform an experiment on myself. I waited a couple of hours for the tuna to digest, and then I ate about a tsp of pure corn starch from the cupboard. THUD! After only about 5g of the stuff, I felt somewhat dizzy, my sense of time was all whacked, my vision was blurry, and I felt like my brain didn't want to work. So why, after such little corn starch? Well, it can't be gluten, or lectins, or grain protein for that matter, since the proteins are eliminated in the extraction of the pure starch. Is it the extraction itself, causing unwanted impurities to be added? Or the fact that it's a partial food, and the elimination of the other parts of the grain make it difficult to breakdown and strange for the body to encounter? Or did I just get a small, unwelcome blood sugar spike?

Who knows. But one thing I did conclude: corn starch = BAD. Maybe not the worst of all foods for me, but it definitely affected me enough to try and avoid it.

Thanks for listening. Thoughts?

-Limpin

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator
But one thing I did conclude: corn starch = BAD. Maybe not the worst of all foods for me, but it definitely affected me enough to try and avoid it.

Hi Limpin :)

There were some responses to your previous post about the corn starch...I think it may have been a couple pages back.

Yup...it was 2 pages back...here is a link back to that page and to your original post. :)

Open Original Shared Link

AndreaB Contributor
So my thought is, that I should get everything out and replaced, then go to the doctor he refers me to for testing and detoxing. Any thoughts on this approach? Does this sound like a good plan?

Actually I'd get into the doctor and onto supplementation/support before proceeding with the removals.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Ami, I would go see the doctor, then schedule the dental work as the doctor sees fit. It would probably be too overwhelming to your system to have the dental work done all at once and without taking proper supplementation.

I agree with Carla.

The Dr. (if he's a good one) should be able to guide you through this safely. The Dr. can put you on supplements to support your system and to absorb any mercury released into your system during the removal process.

I would still take into consideration all that you've researched as well. If I familiarize myself with something and then see a Dr. who seems to know less than me...or his advice is contradicting everything I've learned...I think twice about seeing that Dr.

Thats why its good to go into it pretty well informed...some Dr.'s and dentists are not at all as experienced (or informed) as they make themselves out to be.

Your dentist does sound good though. :) He is being very thorough and the compatibilty testing is definately important.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Ok...so preparation for this LED pretty much sucks!

When the treatment involves foods...those foods have to be avoided for 52 hours before...and then for the 25 hour detox period as well. HEINOUS!!! :blink:

Since I only eat like 5 or 6 foods to begin with .....and I have to avoid half of them....I'm pretty much gonna starve the next few days!! :huh:

Either that or I'm forced to eat bad things. :rolleyes:

Its a looooong way till Sat. night.

My mom is gone and I'm on my own through the whole detox period. :(

AndreaB Contributor
Ok...so preparation for this LED pretty much sucks!

When the treatment involves foods...those foods have to be avoided for 52 hours before...and then for the 25 hour detox period as well. HEINOUS!!! :blink:

My LED sheet says for foods that it's 25 hours before and 25 hours after. Are you sure it's not 52 hours total.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
My LED sheet says for foods that it's 25 hours before and 25 hours after. Are you sure it's not 52 hours total.

I'm positive...

This is what it says...

If you are being treated for food allergen - avoid food to be treated for 52 hours before LED and 25 hours after treatment.

:unsure:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

This is for Mia...to hopefully "convince" her to COOK her food. ;)

Parasites (in the larval stage) consumed in uncooked, or undercooked, unfrozen seafood can present a human health hazard. Among parasites, the nematodes or roundworms (Anisakis spp., Pseudoterranova spp., Eustrongylides spp. and Gnathostoma spp.), cestodes or tapeworms (Diphyllobothrium spp.) and trematodes or flukes (Chlonorchis sinensis, Opisthorchis spp., Heterophyes spp., Metagonimus spp., Nanophyetes salminicola and Paragonimus spp.) are of most concern in seafood.

Some products that have been implicated in human infection are:

ceviche (fish and spices marinated in lime juice)

lomi lomi (salmon marinated in lemon juice, onions and tomato)

poisson cru (fish marinated in citrus juice, onions, tomatoes and coconut milk)

salmon roe

sashimi (chunks of raw fish)

sushi (pieces of raw fish with rice and other ingredients)

green herring (lightly brined herring)

drunken crabs (crabs marinated in wine and peppers)

cold-smoked fish and,

undercooked grilled fish

The process of heating raw fish sufficiently to kill bacterial pathogens is sufficient to kill parasites.

AndreaB Contributor
I'm positive...

This is what it says...

If you are being treated for food allergen - avoid food to be treated for 52 hours before LED and 25 hours after treatment.

:unsure:

Yikes! :o You're gonna be mighty hungry if you can't find something else to eat!

tom Contributor
Dear tom,

So, how was the Jazz Fest in SJ? Who all performed? I am sure you had a blast! Did you get to play tennis or meet up with any old friends while there? Are back in Phoenix now, or still in SJ?

Hi Jin! Hi everyone!

JazzFest was spectacular, naturally.

My fav artists weren't the best known. David "Fathead" Newman was the only 'famous' one (in jazz circles) I saw. 20-30 min of greatness then a vocalist in a tribute to Ray Charles. Bah! I saw Ray - why do I want to see a former Ray-lette do his songs? (She was intro'd as the only Ray-lette who *didnt* "let Ray". Hummana-hummana)

Bah Lee Ritenour - read that he was doing smooth jazz and can't care. Did see him long ago doing fusion tho. W/ him was bassist Brian Bromberg, who *I'VE* actually played w/!! :o

Brian's unbelievably talented but the fame in the family is usurped by his brother, David Bromberg.

One I saw that I believe WILL become somewhat famous is Roxanne Potvin, on a Blues Stage. At least as long as she wrote the songs, and I'd give that a 99% chance.

No tennis yet, and tho I've never owned a racquet, I think I can give Mei a game. Not *win*, mind u, just not make it easy.

Spent fest days w/ a bunch of old friends & that was truly special. :):)

Several didn't know each other at start of day, but sure do now! (Like *these* 3 know each other, but didn't know *these* 2 etc)

That is wonderful news about a place! It could not have worked out any better! You probably cannot wait to move in. When will you get to go back?

Now considering another great place 2 blocks south of the park where the Main Stage was. The Los Gatos one might be a little small.

Wish I knew when I was going back. Wondering why I even flew back last night!!

They say the Irish are naturally lucky. You were born on the 7th, and people born on days equal to that number are known to be lucky.

I have been feeling overly Charmed since finding that soy had been holding me down.

Even silly things like wanting to pop into LosGatosCoffee and sit awhile in that serene downtown LG park. Fully prepared to go park in the underground lot >BOOM!< there's a spot directly in front instead.

But :( checking the mail brought the 1st "non-good" luck besides the cancelled flight & the creme brulee-flavored coffee incident.

The Strawberry Music thing I won is *NOT* the big one in CA!!!! Now they say I must've talked to an intern or whatever-the-**** on that day and they just didn't know the difference. How can that be? :huh:

It IS a bluegrass concert in Gila County AZ, w/ an overnight STAY in Strawberry, AZ. Grrrrrrrrr

I should've know some podunk Az radio station doesn't have tickets as good as THE Strawberry Music Fest!!!!!!! :angry:

tom Contributor
. . . . The whole corn thing early on in this thread inspired me to do a little experiment on myself. . . .

. . . . I went to my cupboard and ate about a teaspoon and a half of corn starch. Just that small amount made me feel like crap! My vision is somewhat blurry, my brain feels foggy, time feels weird, and I feel slightly dizzy. Corn starch appears to be no good for me. I wonder if it is the processing factor, 1) making it hard to digest without the other grain components, or 2) possibly adding impurities. There is no protein in corn starch so this eliminates proteins and lectins (also a protein). Maybe it just caused a minor blood sugar spike from high glycemic index/load, even though it was only about 5g of carbs.

Interesting experiment, conclusive results (in my mind)!: Corn starch = BAD. Perhaps not the worst of all devil foods, but still worth avoiding for me.

Yes, very interesting experiment. Certainly conclusive in my mind also.

As far as the possible glycemic load factor, I'm sure you could replicate that aspect w/ some other starch. Tapioca starch comes to mind for one.

That "time feels weird" comment really brought me back. Well put and such a strange feeling.

Since the corn starch was a prime suspect in the mayo, can I assume you haven't been having corn in other forms?

It's pretty hard to avoid, even in pills.

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Andrea,

I tend to get in a funk being lactose and gluten-free. Finding things that are appealing to eat and affordable is difficult.

It is also extremely frustrating. :( There are days nothing satisfies me. The pumpkin seed butter sounds interesting. Does it taste good? How much does it cost?

I am happy to hear your landlord is concerned about the mold. It is true that the black and green molds tend to be the more poisonous ones. However, there are other molds that differ in color which can be dangerous. If the mold you have is greenish-black, it could be Stachybotrys. Getting it checked out could really help solve some health issues for you all.

Dear Kassandra,

The what to eat rut is a problematic one! I am in the same situation. Affordability is a big issue. I often get stuck eating the same stuff over and over. I am afraid of getting food allergies aside from the Celiac and lactose intolerance. Rotation diets are not the world's cheapest, though. I am working on a solution.

Dear Mia,

That is such awful news about your reaction to the IV! Weren't these just supposed to be vitamins? They were not doing chelation yet, right? From what you said, the doctor decided you were too weak for that right now. I cannot believe he did not call you back, that is unusual for him. :o

Be careful with that sushi! I have never had any. I know that if you have mercury in your system, you probably should avoid the sushi for that reason alone. That may be contributing to your weakened state. The parasites certainly make me cringe, let alone the heavy metals. :unsure:

Dear tom,

I am sorry that your sushi was ruined by noodles! :angry: Some people! No matter how well you explain it, most people still do not get it. This is a frustrating aspect of this disease. Maybe one day there will be Celiac restaurants all over the place, where we can eat without fear or explanations! Until then, I prefer eating at home to be on the safe side.

You finally got caught up! It takes a bit if you have been gone long! Luckily, I keep up okay for the most part. I cannot imagine anyone wanting to take a vacation from Rachelville. This is my place! Rachelville is the best! :D

That new place may be the one you will call home! We will have to see! I have heard good things about Los Gatos. The one house might be too small for two guys to live in. You need some space!

The SJ Jazz Fest was a pretty huge event from what you said. I am glad you enjoyed it, even if only one of your favorites was there. I agree that no one can replace Ray, let alone do his songs justice. You just do not see performers with that type of talent now. I hate it when people do covers of songs a lot of the time, because the originals were great the way they were! I know I seem to be such a purist, but why redo something that is already perfect?

Oh no! You mean the Strawberry Fest is not the one you thought it was? What a bummer! At least your luck is pretty good. So far, I have yet to experience the luck of the Irish. Of course, the worst that will happen if I chance a lotto ticket this week is I lost a $1.

I knew you would have fun in SJ. That is great you got to see old friends. Good memories are important to recall. Nostalgia is wonderful. If only we made more time to stop being busy and talk to friends, actually chew our food, and smell the beautiful flowers, or even the sunshine. Sunshine does have a smell. Most people never notice.

Dear Sherry,

I am glad to hear the Lyme is going back into check again! Treatment makes all the difference in the world! My doctor needs to get her butt in gear. I am done waiting on getting better! It is not like it is really time consuming to get on the internet and check out IgeniX. This is a dangerous illness, and should not be left to chance. If one of her two children had this, you can bet she would not be waiting on it!

Where did you take a trip to? Was it in China, or elsewhere? What all did you do there? I bet it was fun. Traveling can be amazing!

Those were some great tips on meals. I am going to be sure and keep them in mind. I need to start cooking all of my meals for the week once a week. I need to spend less time obsessively cleaning and cooking, and more time living! Then I also will have fewer dishes. I found a plastic tub where I can store all of my stuff in so nothing can get cc'd.

Dear Rachel,

I bet you are worried about the LED this time. Having to avoid everything but three foods for all that time is terribly difficult! There is bound to be something you can have. We just have to find it. Being hungry all of the time sucks. Your mother not being able to help you makes it much worse.

The parasite information about fish was scary! I found it interesting they mentioned flukes. No one ever talks about them for some reason. You hear a lot about worms, but not those things. Flukes have been implicated in Alzheimer's as well.

I remember reading about it in "Beating Alzheimer's" by Tom Warren.

Dear Carla,

Thank you for the information on the oregano oil! I have it pasted and copied in a document now. I did the same with Rachel's parasite information. This stuff is good to know. Oregano oil has been used for many medicinal purposes. I hear it is useful in warding off flus and colds, but did not know they use it for your bacterial dysbiosis. I am glad it works so well for you!

Goodness, you ate three coneys? I am not ever going to risk that. It is good you are being careful, though. That is great! You do not want to put a burden on the body if you can avoid it. Erring on the side of caution is better when you have such complex issues with your health.

Dear Donna,

I am glad my comment gave you some laughs! Let's just say my parents live in their own little universe. It is okay, they know them there! :rolleyes: I have no idea how I am related to these people. I had to have been switched at the hospital. I hope. Please God! :unsure:

Maybe this new supplement will do the trick, and you can rest for once! Let us know if it does a good job. I have another idea as to what may cause your insomnia. You said before you drain watch batteries, and that got me thinking. Perhaps you accidentally absorb energy from other things, and it keeps you awake. Maybe it is like when you do a Witchcraft ritual, and the power you raised does not get safely disposed of, it causes problems like makes you jittery, gives you a headache, or something else.

Dear Ami,

That is terrible your mouth is such a mess! I am sure everything will be fine. As Rachel said, just make sure you feel comfortable with this. If you feel something is not right for you, speak up. Seeing your doctor and discussing it with them is a good idea. So far, it looks like this dentist knows what they are doing. Keep us posted!

Dear Limpin,

Corn does not agree with many people. You sure had a nasty reaction! That was scary! I know for some people, it is only genetically modified corn they cannot tolerate. Corn syrup does not set well with me, and it often makes me feel icky.

Dear Julie,

Please do not freak out, because I am Wiccan. I do not think you were around when we discussed that. We do not worship Satan, eat children or any of that. Really, "Charmed" is the most accurate portrayal we have had. I was raised Christian, so I do incorporate that into my rituals. I just thought I would explain that, because you probably will not get some of the stuff I talk about otherwise! Everyone else is aware of this already, and I did not want you to be in the dark!

Parasites are like demons. They feed off of others. Evil little things is what they are! I know I have yeast. Boy do I have it. Too bad there is not a vanquishing potion for that! :lol: I do feel our thinking should be changed about parasites, because the ancient ways were so much better than the modern ideas in some ways.

My father did Genealogy for a while, but has not gotten the chance to more recently. In 2002, we found out about a bunch of relatives we did not even know we had who had a reunion! Plus, they had information that was missing that we needed. Some things we discovered were my great-great grandmother was a Bruce, meaning she was a direct descendent of Robert the Bruce (also Brus) who was the first Scottish king of Ireland. We also traced back to where one of our ancestors was one of only four parsons in Jamestown. Another thing was one of my ancestors on my grandmother's side was found to have been a grocer in the middle ages!

I did not even know there were grocers in that time! You learn something new everyday! I look just like my great grandmother, who was a telephone operator. She died very young at 33 of Ovarian Cancer. We look almost exactly the same, except for our eye color. I am thinking if there is any Asian, it was before her and on that side.

Meiramgul has a remarkable story. I definitely can relate to feeling out of place in your own family. She reminded me a lot of myself. Maybe one day I can get my DNA testing. That will be interesting.

You can get it and they can tell you if you have Native American blood and precisely how much. What they cannot tell you is whether it was Sioux, Cherokee, or Apache. One college professor did a study on genetics, and had everyone involved that donated samples tell what race they were. He noticed one of the samples coming from a man who said he was of all white heritage was 8 percent African-American! You can imagine his surprise when he looked the person up and found out it was himself! Of course, he was not nearly as surprised as his mother when she found out it was on her side of the family! :lol:

It was really sad that people had to hide their heritage. Your great grandfather had no choice to survive. Even so, now at least you could be proud. The DNA testing would be great to see how much is in there. It is great you have traced your heritage back to the 1500's in England. Some of my mother's side we have traced back pretty far as well. We had a lot of clergy on both sides.

Chinese Medicine really is great. The focus on balance is very important. Western Medicine typically neglects that. Equilibrium must exist for the body to properly function. I heard Q'i Gong really helps a lot of people. I am more than willing to try it. Someone here does teach and practice it.

I bet it was Huggins' protocol you followed. Just Google him. I am sure it will come right up. I am amazed by it all. About fifteen years ago was when his protocol was written about. "Beating Alzheimer's" was published in 1991. That was sixteen years ago.

Sincerely,

Jin

mftnchn Explorer

Hi Jin, you do really help me catch up!

I travel regularly between 3 cities. I mostly do clinical supervision for local Chinese who are learning to be marriage and family therapists. Meals are challenging. In two places I have access to a kitchen which I keep gluten free. In one place I borrow a hot plate from one of my students who also keeps a small steamer pot that I bought, and a noodle bowl. I keep my individual meals in the fridge behind the main desk at the hotel (no fridge in the room). Then I heat them in the steamer in my room. I can also boil noodles in the steamer and steam vegetables. Or I cook the noodles, pour out most of the water, and add my meat and veggie mix. I had one the other day with chicken that had been baked with apple, tomato and lemon, etc. Added it to the cooked noodles, and a little salt. Yummy, it really hit the spot.

Limpin, yes, avoiding corn is really tough. Might be worth testing different types of corn products. You will get the clearest test if you don't have any corn in any form for 5 days, then test the item. I am not sure if your mayo was the low fat kind, but if you don't mind the regular kind, it is really not at all hard to make yourself. Use an oil you can use, eggs, and vinegar or lemon juice. Lemon juice alone makes a more runny mayo. You can add a tad of mustard too, helps it get thick. It works in either the blender or a food processor, just make sure it is really clean before you use it. I do this, and then am able to make my own dressings for salad with it.

Mia, I hope you can find something you really like in place of the sushi, as it really seems risky to me. Sorry things have been so tough.

Carla, I copied the oregano oil too, looked like a good possibility to add in.

Rachel thanks for the parasite info.

mftnchn Explorer

Update 2:

I have just started l-glutamine and resveratrol, but don't have my notes from my doc with me on my trip to know the doses. I get home tomorrow and will check, then re-organize my daily regimen which gets pretty complex as I am sure you all know!!!

After my last phone appointment, I tried taking flagyl for 10 days, as my doc said I might break through so that it wouldn't cause so much symptom when I take it 2 days a week. After day 6 I really improved. Last week my two days were quite symptomatic, but this week it is a definite improvement.

Next step will be to not take any antibiotics one week a month, and see if I can still stay free of symptoms.

newbieceliac Newbie

Hi all...I found this post and just want to share that I too am in the same boat. I actually think I suffered for YEARS with gluten intolerance. I remember being very young and constantly have stomach problems, headaches, and anxiety. I dealt with it for many years until finally I started getting really bad cystic acne. Then I started to swell up really bad and retain water and just felt crappy all the time. I thought I had IBS at some point. I was driving myself crazy trying to assess what the problem was.

I finally went to an allergist and told him my story and he ran the basic tests and sure enough, I was HIGHLY allergic to corn, more so than peanuts. No wonder I couldn't figure out what I was allergic to! Corn is in EVERYTHING!!!! :(

The cystic acne subsided a bit and it was REALLY tough for me to try and get corn completely out of my diet. I was very sad about it. What more could I take?

I still felt like crap and still got the acne and figured it was just some hidden corn product in something. I finally made the association about gluten when I realized oatmeal did nothing for me but make me ravenous and tired. I read an article that said gluten intolerance is basically your body being starved because you can't absorb nutrients. So I did a test on myself and gave up gluten and sure enough, started feeling better and the acne was going away some more. Yet another blow but I figured I could manage it. What else could I be allergic to???

I wish I'd stop asking myself that question because...I found out, the last thing that was contributing to my acne: dairy. I figured this out after eating high fat content dairy, I would get a huge cyst on my face. Gave up dairy and sure enough, everything is starting to go away and I feel so much better.

I used to constantly get yeast infections, UTI's and was sick a lot. But since I cut out most of these things, I feel like my body is slowly healing.

So, it is a drag...but you eventually get used to it and you eat so MUCH healthier. Don't think of it as you losing out on something or missing out...think of it as you getting to a healthier place :-)

Best of luck!

dlp252 Apprentice

Ami, your new dentist sounds wonderful!!! I'd see the doc at least concurrently with the dentist. I got started on a couple of supplements right from the beginning of the removal that I think that helped a lot.

:o Egads! That IS heinous! Yikes!

Maybe this new supplement will do the trick, and you can rest for once! Let us know if it does a good job. I have another idea as to what may cause your insomnia. You said before you drain watch batteries, and that got me thinking. Perhaps you accidentally absorb energy from other things, and it keeps you awake. Maybe it is like when you do a Witchcraft ritual, and the power you raised does not get safely disposed of, it causes problems like makes you jittery, gives you a headache, or something else.

I wouldn't doubt this one bit, lol.

Next step will be to not take any antibiotics one week a month, and see if I can still stay free of symptoms.

Hoping that you can stay free of symptoms!!!

tom Contributor

Hi Kassandra, and "Welcome to the thread!"

(I was out of town and missed 1st welcoming opp)

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I have a question for those of you who are soyfree. Do you avoid soy lecithin?

Like the plague!!!!!

But I don't actually know if I need to. :)

I, too, have read of soy-free folks on both sides of this.

Going soy-free in early June caused *SUCH* an extreme change in me. Brainfog gone; depression not just gone but I'm almost too happy every day for ~10 wks now. I've even had ppl say they're annoyed by my constant perkiness!

So, just in case, whatever soy lecithin is in, I don't need it. ;)

I don't eat any processed food anyway.

On a related note, I had to replenish some vitamins last week and was surprised to find that my VitD has soybean oil!!

It's pretty hard to believe that I might not already be at 100%, but I'm not taking *those* any more!

Found a Solgar brand vitD that uses safflower oil, tho it took some looking around.

Again, welcome to the thread Kassandra, and best of luck to you in solving your health issues. :)

CarlaB Enthusiast
This is for Mia...to hopefully "convince" her to COOK her food. ;)

I understand Mia completely ... I like sushi, too. I am more concerned about the mercury than the parasites ... I'll just have to be sure to take extra anti-parasite stuff when I do eat it!

Oregano oil has been used for many medicinal purposes. I hear it is useful in warding off flus and colds, but did not know they use it for your bacterial dysbiosis. I am glad it works so well for you!

Interesting. Chloe came down with a cold and has had a Lyme flare with it. I caught the same cold and no Lyme flare. My cold symptoms are minimal. I never thought it might be the oregano oil helping. I was thrilled though that the cold didn't cause a Lyme flare! Dr. J considers the kids in remission when they have been two months without symptoms and have had a cold/flu without a Lyme flare, so I considered this a significant step.

Goodness, you ate three coneys? I am not ever going to risk that. It is good you are being careful, though. That is great! You do not want to put a burden on the body if you can avoid it. Erring on the side of caution is better when you have such complex issues with your health.

Yeah, a once per month treat is about all I'll do right now. Honestly, after not eating bread for so long, the coneys weren't as good as they used to be. The bread tasted weird.

This is very encouraging that you are getting this under control so quickly!

Insomnia update ... I woke up at 1:30, didn't get back to sleep till 7! Woke up again at 9. At least I got that valuable 7-9 sleep! :lol:

Anyone know the travel rules for traveling with prescription injections?

dlp252 Apprentice
Anyone know the travel rules for traveling with prescription injections?

I SHOULD know it but can't remember...I've been doing nothing but looking at travel stuff lately, lol. :lol:

Here's a couple of links from the TSA regarding special items:

Archived