This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Amys Sante Fe Enchalada Bowl

Lister

Lister Rising Star

ok so i just read the back a nd it says its manufactured in a place that also uses wheat, so now im nerviuse to eat it i rember someone saying that the Mexican bowl glutend them so its still sitting in my freezer but what about this one? anyone had problems??

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

flagbabyds Collaborator

they all say that, never had that specific bowl though.

Lisa Mentor

Lister, ya gotta learn to cook for yourself. There is not difficulty to it. It is easy.

Chicken- salt and pepper

Veggies - salt and pepper

Rice- white-brown rice

Apple sauce

Yoplait Yogurt

Fresh Fruit

Dates, dipped in cream cheese, good

Rice cakes with PB& Jelly

Trail mix - peanuts, m&m's, raisans

Fresh fish with lemon and butter, salt, pepper

Ribs with Sweet baby Rays bbq sause

Baked potatoes

Fresh corn on the cobb

Fresh Bean soup

Tysons Bakes Rotic. Chicken

Hillshire Farms Deli Meats

Hillshire Farms, Kelbasa with boiled potatoes, canned peas, Kraft mustard

Boiled shrimp with Old Bay seasoning, corn on the cob.

Steak with (marinated with honey, garlic salt, ginger, LaChoy Soy Sauce) , any fresh veg of choice steamed.

Oscar Meyer hot dogs, B&M baked beans, coleslaw (cabbage, mayo, sugar, a little vinegar, pepper)

Can that get you started. If you want to know how to cook, just ask. It ain't rocket science.

Give these a try... Lisa

Lister Rising Star

i usualy do cook for myself, but i have problems straying from the normel pork and salad or chicken and salad or steak and salad and sometimes substatue the salad for homemade frys. other then that i am pretty limited on my skills so i like to buy premade stuff for work

as for your comment about yoplait, is there lite gluten free as well, i got a whole bunch of yogurt then found out it was light so now im not so sure about it

CarlaB Enthusiast

I noticed when I bought one of the Amy's bowls that it was labeled differently from their stuff that's labeled gluten-free. I had no problems with it. I don't remember if it was the enchilada bowl or not. I've never gotten glutened from Amy's.

Molly, tell us about the feet. :blink:

flagbabyds Collaborator

look at the topic entitled tye-dye, everyone is asking about it... in the gab room

Lister Rising Star

well since it seems like u guys trust amys i went ahead and ate it i hope it agrees with me. it tastes really really good by the way the best product i have had from amys so far

i only ate half of it and i put it ontop of my sald mmmm. but i figure if i eat half and react it wont be as strong of a reaction if i where to say eat the entire thing

great i just read that somone has gotten glutened from the enchalada bowl before, great now if i do get glutned i wont know because i could just be giving myself symptoms from worrying about it

well its been only 10 minutes and a headace and brain fog have insued ( but the brain fog could just be effects from a small amout of marjuana i had earlyer even though they had worn off so i think tis probably gluten)

i guess its still to early to tell but i dont feel right in my stomic

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Mango04 Enthusiast

There's also dairy in that stuff...and you say there's marijuana involved as well, so I think it's hard to say for sure that gluten is the culprit here...

Lister Rising Star

indeed indeed, but like i said i had the mj around say 5ish and its 8:30 so i dont think thats the culprit as for the dairy that may be indeed, the small amount of dary that is in this bowl was the first dairy i have had since going gluten free so that could be as well. i just am nerviuse because after eating it i found a bunch of posts about people throwing up and stuff after having bowls from amys

Mango04 Enthusiast

If you already ate it, I would focus on all the people who have successfully had Amy's bowls with no reactions. :)

Lister Rising Star

well its been about 30 minuters now and i really feel like im going to puke... god i should have avoided that enchalada bowl if i puke i am never gonna eat amys again

and im bloated (but i seem to get bloated easy if i have beans so that could be why on that one)

yeah i know but you know how i am i always focus on the negative its my nature

(after about 30 burps i dont feel as bad anymore) still really lightheaded and fogged but i guess that could be anything... well if i dont end up puking i think i will take the rest of it for lunch tomorrow for work

Guest cassidy

I have been glutened by this bowl. I never eat the bowls, pizza or mac & cheese because they have all gotten me.

I stick to the lasagna and cheese or bean enchiladas with no problems. They are supposed to be moving some items to a gluten free facility. Hopefully they will be in stores soon. I checked their website and didn't see any updates on this.

wolfie Enthusiast

I hope you are feeling okay. Let us know.

I was one of the ones who posted about possibly being glutened by the bowl, but I also have numerous other food intolerances that could have been the culprit that I wasn't fully aware of at the time (soy, onions, garlic, peppers). That being said, I stick to whole foods for the most part now (chix, steak, fish, veggies, etc).

Lister Rising Star

im thinking gluten was not the culprit as today iam back to normal besides slight brain fog and not perfect bms but not like D or anything. probably was just me reacting to the dairy (first time having any dairy for a month)

CarlaB Enthusiast

I would bet it's the beans and dairy. You would have to isolate it more to test it.

Also, there are simply a lot of ingredients in that bowl! Sometimes I get sensitive, but not glutened, just from eating too many different items in one sitting.

Lister Rising Star

how long did it take u guys to be able to handle beans? they still pass right thru me with no digaestion

CarlaB Enthusiast

Can't answer that ... still give me gas and a belly ache. I still eat them though ... I don't actually "see" them :blink: , maybe you should chew better!!!! :lol::lol::lol: Even well-chewed or refried, they give me gas, but I think that's normal!

teankerbell Apprentice

I have always had problems with Amy's stuff. Anything from Salsa to soups. the label says it is cross-contiminated and now I stay away from it.

I make my own soups and salsa.

Mango04 Enthusiast
how long did it take u guys to be able to handle beans? they still pass right thru me with no digaestion

I think it took several months for me. But now, as long as I stay completely gluten, dairy and soy-free, I can eat as many beans, lentils and raw veggies as I want with no digestive problems at all whatsoever (and I mean none!).

Guest nini

I've been glutened more times than I can count from Amy's meals... I still love them and I keep trying and giving them a chance, but everytime I do I get sick... I have to stick with the basics and avoid most processed foods.

• 3 years later...
Guest blazer8

cool! thanks a lot!

devis mutuelle assurance complementaire sante maladie - Faut-il recourir

• 8 years later...
Celiac/Disease Newbie
On 6/3/2006 at 9:03 PM, Lister said:

ok so i just read the back a nd it says its manufactured in a place that also uses wheat, so now im nerviuse to eat it i rember someone saying that the Mexican bowl glutend them so its still sitting in my freezer but what about this one? anyone had problems??

On 6/4/2006 at 4:31 PM, Guest nini said:

I've been glutened more times than I can count from Amy's meals... I still love them and I keep trying and giving them a chance, but everytime I do I get sick... I have to stick with the basics and avoid most processed foods.

I have Celiac Disease and every time I eat Amy's I get extremely sick! Just because it says it's Gluten Free doesn't mean it is. If you have Celiac Disease I suggest you stay away from Amy's, possibly even if you have a reaction to gluten!

Archived