This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Disappearing Topics?

gfp

diamondheart Newbie

Speaking of advertising, I recently joined this group, and got an advertising e-mail from "Scott-Free Newsletter". I think the only way they could have gotten my e-mail is from joining this group, and I'm a bit POed about it!

Claire

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
psawyer Proficient
Speaking of advertising, I recently joined this group, and got an advertising e-mail from "Scott-Free Newsletter". I think the only way they could have gotten my e-mail is from joining this group, and I'm a bit POed about it!

The board adminstrator (Scott) sends updates from time to time to interested members about celiac.com, the parent site to this board. You can opt out during registration--apparently you didn't. You can change your mind at any time. Click on "My Controls" at the top of the page, select "Email settings" under "Options" on the left hand side, and clear the check box beside "Send me any updates sent by the board administrator." You will no longer receive the update notices. Roughly one in three is about the newsletter (like yesterday's). The rest are about new information posted on the celiac.com site, which is often useful.

Ursa Major Collaborator

Claire

Claire, the founder and administrator of this site is Scott Adams (who also has celiac disease, by the way, he founded this site and this forum to help other sufferers). The newsletter you mentioned is his newsletter, with useful information on new developments on celiac disease. As Peter (psawyer) mentioned, you are able to opt out of getting it, which you can still do.

Scott Adams Grand Master

Hello Diamondheart:

The fact that you got an email from us should not be a surprise--it is spelled out clearly in our "Privacy Policy" that isn't hidden from anyone--the link to it is on every page in this forum and the policy states:

"Information about our customers is very important to us, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We do not sell, rent or give away our mail lists or e-mail lists to anyone. We collect personal information from you whenever you register for e-mail updates, register on our message board and calendar, send us e-mail, subscribe to our newsletter or send an article from our Web site using our "Tell A Friend" feature. You will be added to our site's e-mail updates, and you can opt out of these updates at any time by following the removal instructions at the bottom of each e-mail update."

Instead of being "POed" about such things it's always better to read a site's privacy policy in advance before signing up for any services from the site. In the case of our site's email updates opting out of them takes two mouse clicks and about 2 seconds. Opting in will give you updates to new articles that are added to celiac.com, as well as other marketing material that does not exceed 2-3 e-mail per month.

Take care,

Scott

lindalee Enthusiast

The one about the girl that is sensitive to latex gloves. She had a reaction to potatoes. I posted but can't find it . Thanks,ll

Rikki Tikki Explorer

Go up to the top of the page, do a search on latex gloves and it should find it for you

lindalee Enthusiast
Go up to the top of the page, do a search on latex gloves and it should find it for you

thanks,I'll try again-

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lindalee Enthusiast
thanks,I'll try again-

still can not find it.

plantime Contributor

Try clicking on your user name, then find all posts. Since you posted on the thread you are looking for, it should be saved on your posts.

beelzebubble Contributor

yesterday i replied to a thread about candidiasis and celiac. i can't seem to find it now. the thread, or my post, that is. has it been deleted or something?

lindalee Enthusiast

tried that 3 times - wasnt' there :huh:

Ursa Major Collaborator

I'm stumped here. I went to check out all your posts, and the last one before this one was from August 11th. Meaning, the one you're looking for (your reply from yesterday) doesn't exist. Somehow it didn't post, apparently.

mle-ii Explorer

It was removed. :( I had some posts I really wanted to save. Oh and I wasn't the reason why the thread was deleted by the way. Perhaps I can dig through my temporary internet files to find them and add the ones I wrote to my blog.

What particular information in the thread were you interested in?

mle-ii Explorer

Perhaps it was deleted. :(

Rikki Tikki Explorer

NIKKI, I'm allergic to latex, so I buy unpowdered vinyl gloves from a company in New Jersey, George Glove Company. I use a lot of them when I'm painting.Ma'am and Miss Firstname are fine with me; it's a custom here in the South. But just wait until you're old (I'm 73.), and some stupid, middle-aged, male (It's always a male!), sales clerk calls you "young lady." The idiots think I'm stupid and senile enough to be flattered!!! :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: A couple of years ago I decided to stop giving them a polite smile, and began a campaign to re-educate them. Now, when an idiot calls me "young lady," I say, "I know you think you're flattering me, but you aren't. I'm old, and you're insulting my intelligence." :D :D :D Cissie

Forum: Other Food Intolerance and Leaky Gut Issues · Post Preview: #170445 · Replies: 6158 · Views: 94457

This one? I did a search on latex and came up with several. Hope it helps!

latex site:www.glutenfreeforum.com

lot's of latex comes up but I can't find your name. Good luck

lindalee Enthusiast
NIKKI, I'm allergic to latex, so I buy unpowdered vinyl gloves from a company in New Jersey, George Glove Company. I use a lot of them when I'm painting.Ma'am and Miss Firstname are fine with me; it's a custom here in the South. But just wait until you're old (I'm 73.), and some stupid, middle-aged, male (It's always a male!), sales clerk calls you "young lady." The idiots think I'm stupid and senile enough to be flattered!!! :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: A couple of years ago I decided to stop giving them a polite smile, and began a campaign to re-educate them. Now, when an idiot calls me "young lady," I say, "I know you think you're flattering me, but you aren't. I'm old, and you're insulting my intelligence." :D :D :D Cissie

Forum: Other Food Intolerance and Leaky Gut Issues · Post Preview: #170445 · Replies: 6158 · Views: 94457

This one? I did a search on latex and came up with several. Hope it helps!

latex site:www.glutenfreeforum.com

lot's of latex comes up but I can't find your name. Good luck

Yes, I just did the bleach thing but I really appreciate you sending me this. I am not the best with my personal computer stuff, can you tell? Thanks so much! LL

lindalee Enthusiast

Sorry, still can not find it. :(

mle-ii Explorer
Sorry, still can not find it. :(

Is this it:

Open Original Shared Link

Rikki Tikki Explorer

Go to your profile, look at where it says options then view all posts. With yours 20 pages comes up so it will be there if you posted about it. I tried but got to page 6 and then thought I would just tell you how! :D:D:D

lindalee Enthusiast
Go to your profile, look at where it says options then view all posts. With yours 20 pages comes up so it will be there if you posted about it. I tried but got to page 6 and then thought I would just tell you how! :D:D:D

Thanks I did that several times already and I've been through all the new posts :o I know I read it -just can't find it. Must be thoses Lay's Chips I ate :(

mle-ii Explorer
Thanks I did that several times already and I've been through all the new posts :o I know I read it -just can't find it. Must be thoses Lay's Chips I ate :(

I looked, do you remember what words you might have used?

I search for all of your posts with the word latex in it and all I found was this thread. I'm guessing either I didn't use the right word or else it was deleted.

lindalee Enthusiast

She was writing about her problems with her mouth and how she took off her latex gloves and ate a potato and somehow after that she has gum problems. I wrote back I was just getting ready to use bleach and gloves. Oh, she said Playtex Gloves. and also latex - I had never heard of such a reaction. Thanks, I'll keep trying.

lindalee Enthusiast
She was writing about her problems with her mouth and how she took off her latex gloves and ate a potato and somehow after that she has gum problems. I wrote back I was just getting ready to use bleach and gloves. Oh, she said Playtex Gloves. and also latex - I had never heard of such a reaction. Thanks, I'll keep trying.

I tried to find the quote with George Glove Co. search...nothing came up?

AndreaB Contributor

If you can't find it, it was probably deleted.

lindalee Enthusiast

Thank you Andrea and Everyone. I hated to give up - thought I was losing it! :)

Archived