This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

How Not Feel Guilty Going From Eating Strict Vegetarian Diet To Eating Some Meat...

em2005

jerseyangel Proficient
He's in France. He's probably sleeping ... boy will he be surprised when he wakes up!! :lol::lol::lol:

I have no idea about the time change between here and France--is it even the same day? :unsure:

But, yea--he'll be surprised, to say the least..... :rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AndreaB Contributor

You guys are a riot! :lol:

RiceGuy Collaborator
Riceguy, haven't I read on your posts that you are still trying to come to the bottom of your health concerns?

Well, like I said, I do believe I found the culprit. I'm still recovering though, so maybe that's what you had read. It seems to be taking some time for the toxins to clear out. I can understand that since I was doing so badly for so long. I can feel the improvement day by day.

Thanks for the idea of adrenal fatigue though. I will look it up and see if it applies, but I can certainly say I didn't react well to meat even a number of years ago. So if adrenal fatigue is an issue, then I'd guess it would had to have been with me a long time.

For anyone looking to increase protein intake, but cautious about meats, try T'eff. It has more protein than many other grains. Low in fat too, if that's a requirement. I think Flax might actually have even more protein than Teff, plus the omega-3 is really good. Thing is, I doubt Flax makes a good cereal. It's usually just sprinkled on food or into recipes. Millet ain't bad either, and it's very digestible and well tolerated by most people with allergies to other things.

gfp Enthusiast
I have no idea about the time change between here and France--is it even the same day? :unsure:

But, yea--he'll be surprised, to say the least..... :rolleyes:

yawn ................

:o:blink::o:angry::unsure::blink::ph34r:

What??????????????

Santa doesn't exist....

Get real... who else brings me presents, never heard anything so silly in my life.

Now I just need to get dressed if I can find out where the Elves left my shoes last night.

B)

jerseyangel Proficient
yawn ................

:o:blink::o:angry::unsure::blink::ph34r:

What??????????????

Santa doesn't exist....

Get real... who else brings me presents, never heard anything so silly in my life.

Now I just need to get dressed if I can find out where the Elves left my shoes last night.

B)

So, I guess you weren't surprised! Or phased?

Shoulda known B)

gfp Enthusiast
So, I guess you weren't surprised! Or phased?

Shoulda known B)

Surprised?

No I know not everyone beleives in santa

Phased?

Certainly, the shoe elves are usually very reliable. I don't know what they have done with my shoes and the underpants gnomes have stolen my pants.... of course I'm phased!

jerseyangel Proficient

Underpant gnomes :o

Phased, indeed!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

gfp Enthusiast
Underpant gnomes :o

Phased, indeed!

You know the little guys who come i the night and steal your underware.

Its usually odd socks but sometimes other stuff gopes missing only to turn up hidden in a comforter cover or something later...

Don't you have them in America?

To check you need a packet of lucky charms and dig a big hole .. in the morning you can pull out assorted eleves, gnomes and fairies. If you live near an airport you can get leprechauns as well who stow away in the wheel arches of Air Lingus jets!

jerseyangel Proficient
You know the little guys who come i the night and steal your underware.

Its usually odd socks but sometimes other stuff gopes missing only to turn up hidden in a comforter cover or something later...

Don't you have them in America?

To check you need a packet of lucky charms and dig a big hole .. in the morning you can pull out assorted eleves, gnomes and fairies. If you live near an airport you can get leprechauns as well who stow away in the wheel arches of Air Lingus jets!

So that's where all the single socks go :blink:

gfp Enthusiast
So that's where all the single socks go :blink:

http://www.garmentdistrict.com/store/popcu...nets/southc.webp

jerseyangel Proficient

:lol::lol: And all this time, I was blaming the poor dryer! :o

RiceGuy Collaborator
:lol::lol: And all this time, I was blaming the poor dryer! :o

It might be. I much prefer a physics model as a means of explanation. For instance, one might suppose that the temperature inversion combined with the angular momentum of the rotating drum sets up a sympathetic resonance on a hyperdimensional level. As electrical discharges (from static electricity) occur in this region, a rift opens, quickly forming into a vortex due to the rotation. This is what physicists call a "worm hole", which is essentially a portal into a another part of the universe, or even another dimension. Granted, this can only be theory until someone devises a method to test it.

Or it could just be that your missing sock is stuck inside another article of clothing, or still clinging to the inner surface of the washer.

gfp Enthusiast
It might be. I much prefer a physics model as a means of explanation. For instance, one might suppose that the temperature inversion combined with the angular momentum of the rotating drum sets up a sympathetic resonance on a hyperdimensional level. As electrical discharges (from static electricity) occur in this region, a rift opens, quickly forming into a vortex due to the rotation. This is what physicists call a "worm hole", which is essentially a portal into a another part of the universe, or even another dimension. Granted, this can only be theory until someone devises a method to test it.

Or it could just be that your missing sock is stuck inside another article of clothing, or still clinging to the inner surface of the washer.

That's how the underpants gnomes travel here from their dimension!

Luckily I sell a special antiwormhole device I can sell for only $200 that prevents this....

send all money to ascammer@scam.net quickly before you loose out.

Only limited socks left.. I mean stocks left.

Is it just me or is this getting silly :D

CarlaB Enthusiast
That's how the underpants gnomes travel here from their dimension!

Luckily I sell a special antiwormhole device I can sell for only $200 that prevents this....

send all money to ascammer@scam.net quickly before you loose out.

Only limited socks left.. I mean stocks left.

Is it just me or is this getting silly :D

With six kids, we lose more socks than I buy, and no I have not figured out how that happens ... but I know I can keep my kids in socks for a long time for $200!! I bet you don't sell many of those!!

gfp Enthusiast
With six kids, we lose more socks than I buy, and no I have not figured out how that happens ... but I know I can keep my kids in socks for a long time for $200!! I bet you don't sell many of those!!

Ooo... hold on

Gnomes spread disease!

(how's that for a scam :D)

CarlaB Enthusiast
Ooo... hold on

Gnomes spread disease!

(how's that for a scam :D)

Did you ever see Amelia, hmm, that's not right, I don't think, but it was a French movie and the yard gnome traveled the world? Great flick, even though I had to rely on subtitles.

Green Fingered Gaelic Newbie

Come on guys, we're all old enough to know how to handle the sock monsters. I'm in Ireland so its mostly leprecuans here.

A usefull fact is that most leprecuans are celiac, so just leave em a bowl of cookies and they wont bother you again. Otherwise your only hope is the gnome trap with lucky charms as previously described.

However the lucky charms will also attract toothfairies. If the fairies are left trapped with the gnomes overnight, well . . . in the morning it ain't pretty.

Really the best way is to keep your socks in a timed safe. Only set it to unlock once a day.

debmidge Rising Star

Sock Problem

when I was 16 I dated this fella I liked alot. I also used to use the dryer to iron my clothes...you know about 5 minutes of tumbling the wrinkles are gone.

Well we went ... movies and food and sat in his car after date, just talking. Anyway, all of a sudden during our date I feel something scratching my back....I place my hand by my collar in back and like a magician I pull a white sports sock out of my blouse! I was so embarassed .....

CarlaB Enthusiast
Sock Problem

when I was 16 I dated this fella I like alot. I also used to use the dryer to iron my clothes...you know about 5 minutes of tumbling the wrinkles are gone.

Well we went ... movies and food and sat in his car after date, just talking. Anyway, all of a sudden during our date I feel something scratching my back....I place my hand by my collar in back and like a magician I pull a white sports sock out of my blouse! I was so embarassed .....

When I was in kindergarten I found one of my dad's socks in my sleeve. I was so embarassed and didn't want to answer questions about why I had a man's sock that I left it there all day!!!

Did you ever get another date with him?

Nancym Enthusiast

These stories are hilarious. :) It reminds me of a time I was taking karate class and I did a kick and a pair of underwear that had been caught in the pants in the dryer, came flying out the end of the pant leg. :P

aikiducky Apprentice

Ooh, Nancy, there's no topping that! :D I did walk around with a pair of undies in a sweater sleeve for several days once, but luckily (this was in high school...) I was alone when I discovered tham. phew! :P

Pauliina

debmidge Rising Star

another date? no. As teenaged romances go, it was over before it began. I don't know if he even saw the sock as it was dark...I don't think we had another date after that one.....I occasionally do still speak with him and he never married or held a long-term relationship. He's a loner - artistic type.

Archived