Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mookie03

Health Magazine

Hey all,

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but i just saw in this month's Health magazine an article on gluten-free beers! They did a taste test between New Grist, Bard's Tale and Ramapo Valley - New Grist earned an A. i just love seeing articles on gluten-free things... :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hey "formerly gluten-free-in-Ohio" -- are you saving that beer for the Gators/Bucs game? I'm formerly from Ohio, but I live in Gainesville.....

Erica

Inconclusive blood test results

Positive Enterolab results

Positive dietary results

gluten-free since 2/10/06

Okay Broncobux---- lets have the scoop on the beer .... surely it has been sampled & tested ---"GONE" by todays date. It has to be wow or no response of ugh....

It's time to come out & make your official statement as a beer consultant.....we may even see you on the billboards promoting beer...... hummmmmm does that pay well???

Beers to ya.

mamaw

The Redbridgebeer.com retail locator is working as of late Wednesday night. I was finally able to buy it in my area (central east coast Florida)! For a former Bud and Coors drinker, - not bad! A bit more bitter, but definitely something that I can get use to. Out of desperation, my DH (also gluten intolerant) was brewing his own sorghum beer (same types of hops as Redbridge uses) - Redbridge is clearer (it has the same clarity as other beer), and a little more bitter, but very close in flavor. I rate this one better than Bards Tale and definitely much closer to traditional beer than Rampapo Valley (I haven't been able to get ahold of New Grist, so I have no clue on this one). Hopefully you will like it.

With AB now in the gluten-free specialty market, we will probably see some of the other major brewers develop their own version of gluten-free beer. Whether we choose to drink or not, this is definitely something that will have an impact on the general awareness of gluten, celiac disease and gluten intolerance.

Pat

The Redbridgebeer.com retail locator is working as of late Wednesday night. I was finally able to buy it in my area (central east coast Florida)! For a former Bud and Coors drinker, - not bad! A bit more bitter, but definitely something that I can get use to. Out of desperation, my DH (also gluten intolerant) was brewing his own sorghum beer (same types of hops as Redbridge uses) - Redbridge is clearer (it has the same clarity as other beer), and a little more bitter, but very close in flavor. I rate this one better than Bards Tale and definitely much closer to traditional beer than Rampapo Valley (I haven't been able to get ahold of New Grist, so I have no clue on this one). Hopefully you will like it.

With AB now in the gluten-free specialty market, we will probably see some of the other major brewers develop their own version of gluten-free beer. Whether we choose to drink or not, this is definitely something that will have an impact on the general awareness of gluten, celiac disease and gluten intolerance.

Pat

Thanks for the heads up on the retail locator - but how is it possible that there are no stores in NYC or westchester?! Brooklyn is the only area that came up - thats crazy! :( cant wait to try it!

There was no retailer in my zip code. Does anyone know if it did an area search or do I have to manually enter/seach each zip code in the DC metro area?

Hey Tim,

I'm not sure which beer you're wanting to try, but I know that Whole Foods carries New Grist as I just bought some there last weekend. I'm not a big beer drinker by any means but every so often I'll have a taste for one so I thought I'd give it at try. I can't tell you what it tastes like though as I haven't had one yet, lol. I've got a couple in the fridge and will have one tonight. I'll let you know how I like it.

Take care,

Deb,

Diagnosed with gluten sensitivity 12/15/06...gluten-free since then.