Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gfp

House

The celiac episode was near the end of season 2 (I am pretty sure, someone can probably give you an exact).

As to House as in Hugh Laurie - I LOVE him, he is my type of man, not the sarcastic, manipulative, ass part but the look, the style, man, he can visit for an hour or so any time he wants, then leave. Lucky for me, I have a great husband who is nothing like House at all but still gets me.

I like House just to see how far he will push the envelope each episode. Maybe it's the part of me that wishes more doctors could "think outside the box" a little bit.

BTW, I think the impersonation Mike MacDonald does of House on MAD TV is absolutely hilarious, now that I feel like laughing again B)

As a ridiculously mad obsessed fan-girl (ok not that bad but when I met him at a panel I thought I was going to hyperventilate) I must point out that his last name is Laurie. He's brilliant. House is not his best piece of work, as I am a huge Black Adder and Booster and Jeeves fan, but its his best American work. I love the show. It's well written and witty and points out on a regular basis that doctors are wrong and that medicine isn't perfect. Its drama. Its fun.

I will step away from the keyboard now. :)

Elonwy

I missed House basically all last season and this season because of school, but once I get my Income Tax refund (i hope i get a refund lol) i'll invest in buying season 2.

The episode from last year was Episode 22...I did see that one :lol:

Oh and all my friends keep bugging me they'd send me to Dr. House if they could, because maybe he could solve my mystery problem :P

~ lisa ~

As a ridiculously mad obsessed fan-girl (ok not that bad but when I met him at a panel I thought I was going to hyperventilate) I must point out that his last name is Laurie. He's brilliant. House is not his best piece of work, as I am a huge Black Adder and Booster and Jeeves fan, but its his best American work. I love the show. It's well written and witty and points out on a regular basis that doctors are wrong and that medicine isn't perfect. Its drama. Its fun.

Elonwy

I'm picking up this topic long, long after everyone else, but... I am also a huge Hugh Laurie fan. There are some great videos of him on YouTube. Aside from being a great comedian he is a good musician and composer. I also really like the show House. For those who think House is improbable, it is actually not the result of bad writing. The show is designed to be farcical--a light dramatic composition marked by broadly satirical comedy and improbable plot (with satire being: a literary work holding up human vices and follies to ridicule or scorn). To me it is a lot of fun. It is not merely a drama but a dramedy.

Elonwy

Hi Elonwy: Been long time since we spoke, but I wanted to back up on your item....you met him at a panel! Please tell more...I've only recently started watching House. I was amazed that he is a Brit but can convert to USA accent so well. As a matter of fact, he actually sounds like he's from NJ, considering that is where the fictional teaching hospital is supposed to be.

Deb

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Top Posters +

1. 1
    2. 2
      RMJ
      RMJ
    3. 3
    4. 4
    5. 5
    6. YOU