This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Calgary Tomorrow!

num1habsfan

num1habsfan Rising Star

Just doing what I said I would....starting a new topic for the next set of scary tests. We leave by bus 6 pm tomorrow, but are going into Yorkton around noon. i'm going to tryyyy steal an internet connection in Calgary, but no promises. If anyone wants to post and wish me luck before noon, that'd be great, otherwise i'll check your messages whenever I can. please please please send lots of your prayers, and luck, and love. These will be a very difficult next 4 days for me!!

~ lisa ~

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ursa Major Collaborator

Lisa, I hope everything goes well. I'll be praying.

2kids4me Contributor

Best of luck and good wishes for Calgary! Which hospital will you be going to?

I live south of Calgary so will yell from my back door - GOOD LUCK!

:)

Safe travels to and from!

Sandy

num1habsfan Rising Star
Best of luck and good wishes for Calgary! Which hospital will you be going to?

I live south of Calgary so will yell from my back door - GOOD LUCK!

:)

Safe travels to and from!

Sandy

Hehe. Well if I had extra time I'd plan a visit with u, but i'll be occupied already the 1 day i could uh...leave the room. Its back to Foothills again...and YAY only 1 more day of eating gluten!!! As much as I LOVE eating this stuff, it sux too.

*sighs* I'm in a worse mood now, sometimes makes me wish i didnt have friends at all :angry: (except for u guys, cuz i know u'd never turn on me!!)....if u wanna hear about it i'll post in here, just tell if first before I start blabbing..

~ lisa ~

2kids4me Contributor

Do tell!

Venting here is a form of therapy! :)

Use lots of emoticons - have some fun while you vent

Sandy

num1habsfan Rising Star
Do tell!

Venting here is a form of therapy! :)

Use lots of emoticons - have some fun while you vent

Sandy

Thanks Sandy...if they ever logged on here and read this, theyd kill me, but whatever. u guys obviously love me so right now it dont matter...

heres the basic story:

i havent talked to my best friend since last week. i sent her a txt on thursday sayin where she could find the post about my scope here on the board. yesterday i txted her askin if she said it, she said not yet, and her excuse was she was stayin at her boyfriends cuz of a storm (that i could live with)...

she finally comes online tonite, never asked about how i'm feelin/how my test went/etc AT ALL...jumped straight into braggin about her man, then got mad at me when i said i dont have any input since i havent been in a relationship before and that i'm distracted by calgary, etc...she also accused me of thinkin her news was just a waste of time, and then vanished offline...

I've been on the verge of a panic attack, nearly had 1 tonite, the last thing I needed was my "best friend" makin me feel like i'm completely meaningless :( *cries*

~ lisa ~

2kids4me Contributor

I am guessing your friend is under the age of 20 - she is in an egocentric self centered mode - in her mind - because you were worried about your upcoming scope and didn't have input about "her man"... then you dont care about her.

First off she is the one who is not caring and only wants her needs met right now - never mind that you need her support and are about to go on a long trip, alone, you're scared and a "good day" is hard to find when you have GI troubles.

If she DOES read this - she needs to step back and understand that YOU needed her at that moment , that YOU were reaching out and found empty space.

Perhaps if she has faced a scope before, she would understand your fears.

I can listen very well to my friends talk about relationships, but I tell ya, when I am taking one of my kids to the hospital the next day or adding a new diagnosis to our long list......my best friends offer hugs and support and ask how they can help. they dont get upset cause I didnt want to hear about their latest husband issue or about a cute thing their child did that day.

Sorry your friend bailed when you needed her - maybe she'll be there when you get back...and wanting to hear about you

Sandy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

num1habsfan Rising Star
I am guessing your friend is under the age of 20 - she is in an egocentric self centered mode - in her mind - because you were worried about your upcoming scope and didn't have input about "her man"... then you dont care about her.

First off she is the one who is not caring and only wants her needs met right now - never mind that you need her support and are about to go on a long trip, alone, you're scared and a "good day" is hard to find when you have GI troubles.

If she DOES read this - she needs to step back and understand that YOU needed her at that moment , that YOU were reaching out and found empty space.

Perhaps if she has faced a scope before, she would understand your fears.

I can listen very well to my friends talk about relationships, but I tell ya, when I am taking one of my kids to the hospital the next day or adding a new diagnosis to our long list......my best friends offer hugs and support and ask how they can help. they dont get upset cause I didnt want to hear about their latest husband issue or about a cute thing their child did that day.

Sorry your friend bailed when you needed her - maybe she'll be there when you get back...and wanting to hear about you

Sandy

Actually shes 27, which makes it even more hurtful. u'd think shes gone thru a lot more in those 5 years of life she has on me, and she'd be more mature.

ur right...i needed someone to turn to for a huge thing. friends are supposed to give each other support, especially when they know its somethin u cant get thru on ur own. usually i can live with her talkin about her boyfriend--girl talk, right?. but its not right when u ignore someones needs(like comfort, reassurance, etc) to talk about the usual/daily stuff.

*wishes i could talk to my guy friend*

~ lisa ~

2kids4me Contributor

cyber hugs {{{{{ }}}}}

sorry she wasnt there the way you needed. 27??! wow, and she vanished the minute she wasnt the center of attention, hmmm. This boyfriend must be something else to make her so shortsighted and selfish as to not realize that there are more serious things to discuss than "boys' in life.

Unbelievable!!

I know how much of a wreck I am before any "investigation".... one of the reasons I am awake right now! waiting for blood results on Kathryn....

Are you able to sleep the night before? or is the the fact that you are online speaking for itself? ;)

Sandy

** have they ever tested you for a systemic disease like Lupus or lyme disease or anything else that can cause GI symptoms but be a reuslt of systemic disease?

num1habsfan Rising Star

Thanks *hugs back*

I dunno how some people can be so obsessed with a significant other that they just forget about everyone else who matters just as much or more...

My parents already got up twice to yell at me to get to bed, think i may try in a few mins, but i was worked up enough already so this totally didnt help. i havent been able to sleep barely at all with the eatin all the gluten. its been basically passing out thats done it for me. I'll try sleep now, and try post again before I leave. *more hugs* thanks for lettin me rant and replyin so many times..

<3

~ lisa ~

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Lisa, Nothing much to add other than wishing things go smoothly for you. Cyber hugs and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Daxin Explorer

Lisa,

Good luck with everything in Calgary. Hugs and prayers with you on your trip.

Sorry about your friend and her HUGE ego. She obviously doens't understand how important/nerve racking these things can be. We all understand though. Please keep up posted, and travel safely.

num1habsfan Rising Star
Lisa,

Good luck with everything in Calgary. Hugs and prayers with you on your trip.

Sorry about your friend and her HUGE ego. She obviously doens't understand how important/nerve racking these things can be. We all understand though. Please keep up posted, and travel safely.

Thanks *hugs you back too*

Its gonna be a longggg 3 days. If I didnt need someone along with me I'd be going alone, but you know when they give you sedation or whatever you need someone. So i get stuck with mom :P . But oh well i'll have my studying to keep me busy for 13 hours..for 3 straight days :lol:

Thank god for you guys, seriously...

~ lisa ~

num1habsfan Rising Star

Ooooo yay I am now so much more relaxed. I just got a couple of amazing texts from my closest guy friend...I think I'm gonna be re-reading it 9028340928304209 times on the trip :lol:. But you guys should still keep sending me your luck, too ;)

~ lisa ~

Phyllis28 Apprentice

Best of luck with your test. Sending hugs through the computer.

num1habsfan Rising Star
Best of luck with your test. Sending hugs through the computer.

Thanks *hugs you too*

Btw, Timbits = yummy, and these pyrogies i'll eat for dinner will be too :lol:

~ lisa ~

Nantzie Collaborator

I probably missed you by now. I hope everything goes well.

Nancy

num1habsfan Rising Star
I probably missed you by now. I hope everything goes well.

Nancy

Nope not quite ;). We're leaving into Yorkton in about 1/2 an hour, bus goes in 3 1/2 hours. Just so we can eat and I gotta pick somethin up at the house there. My mom is so annoying *sigh* wish i could go alone

~ lisa ~

mamaw Community Regular

Hey Lisa

As always you have my HUGS & Prayers..... You are such a trooper--- I know you will do well........ I'll be thinkin of you .......

mamaw

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

LISA,

JUST GOT ON TODAY NOW AND SAW THIS.

GOOD LUCK HONEY AND LET US KNOW HOW IT WENT WHEN EVER YOU FEEL UP TO IT.

PRAYERS

JUDY

2Boys4Me Enthusiast

Hey Lisa,

I guess you're "under" by now. I hope everything goes/went well.

num1habsfan Rising Star

I hope I'm doing this right :X I'm a friend of Lisa's posting for her because she doesn't have internet at the moment. She just wanted to give everyone a quick update on things.

Lisa said she's trying to drink the nasty salty-tasting laxative stuff, but it's making her sick. She said it makes the sore spot on her tummy burn. She threw up a little while ago and had a nose bleed. She's hoping she is keeping enough of the stuff down to be emptied enough for the test. Keep thinking of her, please!

Rusla Enthusiast

I met up with Lisa and her mother today after Lisa's torture session. She was not in the best of shape and not feeling too punky after a week of gluten and then torture at the hospital. However, now they are on their way back to Saskatchewan if the bus has even left yet. It sounds like they are taking the grand tour back and will be visiting every farm, hamlet and deserted village along the route. They are supposedly arriving in Saskatchewan at 8:30 tomorrow evening.

Hopefully it won't happen like last time. They are hoping to return to Saskatchewan before next Christmas.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

how sweet of you to meet them Rusla

thanks for the update.

judy

debmidge Rising Star

Hoping the best for you Lisa. Keep up the courage.

Deb

Archived