Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

num1habsfan

Calgary Tomorrow!

Just doing what I said I would....starting a new topic for the next set of scary tests. We leave by bus 6 pm tomorrow, but are going into Yorkton around noon. i'm going to tryyyy steal an internet connection in Calgary, but no promises. If anyone wants to post and wish me luck before noon, that'd be great, otherwise i'll check your messages whenever I can. please please please send lots of your prayers, and luck, and love. These will be a very difficult next 4 days for me!!

~ lisa ~

...Flames vs. Panthers, and Lifehouse, were best experiences OF MY LIFE!!...

...26 years old...

...Look in my forum profile for ways to read my public sports articles...

R.I.P. Uncle Gus (Sept. 21, 1971 - Oct. 2, 2004) ... R.I.P. Baba (Oct. 12, 1911 - Feb. 28, 2006) ... R.I.P. Uncle Lawrence (Aug. 7, 1943 - Jan. 4, 2009)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Lisa, I hope everything goes well. I'll be praying.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best of luck and good wishes for Calgary! Which hospital will you be going to?

I live south of Calgary so will yell from my back door - GOOD LUCK!

:)

Safe travels to and from!

Sandy

Sandy

Type 1 diabetes - 1986

hypothyroid -1993

pernicious anemia

premature atrial beats

neuropathy

retinopathy

daughter is: age 15

central hypotonia and developmental delay

balance issues (rides an adult 3 wheel bike)

hypothyroid 1996

dermatographia - a form of angioedema 2002

celiac 2004 - by endoscopy

diagnosed Aspergers at age 7 - responded very well (HUGE difference) to gluten-free diet

recovered from Kawasaki (2003)

lactose intolerant - figured out in Oct/06

Gilberts syndrome (April/07)

allergy to stinging insects

scoliosis Jan 2008

nightshade intolerance - figured out April 2008

allergy to Sulfa antibiotics

son is 13

type 1 diabetic - 2003 diagnosed on his 9th birthday

celiac - 2004 by endoscopy

lactose intolerant - figured out Nov/06

Best of luck and good wishes for Calgary! Which hospital will you be going to?

I live south of Calgary so will yell from my back door - GOOD LUCK!

:)

Safe travels to and from!

Sandy

Hehe. Well if I had extra time I'd plan a visit with u, but i'll be occupied already the 1 day i could uh...leave the room. Its back to Foothills again...and YAY only 1 more day of eating gluten!!! As much as I LOVE eating this stuff, it sux too.

*sighs* I'm in a worse mood now, sometimes makes me wish i didnt have friends at all :angry: (except for u guys, cuz i know u'd never turn on me!!)....if u wanna hear about it i'll post in here, just tell if first before I start blabbing..

~ lisa ~

...26 years old...

R.I.P. Uncle Gus (Sept. 21, 1971 - Oct. 2, 2004) ... R.I.P. Baba (Oct. 12, 1911 - Feb. 28, 2006) ... R.I.P. Uncle Lawrence (Aug. 7, 1943 - Jan. 4, 2009)

Do tell!

Venting here is a form of therapy! :)

Use lots of emoticons - have some fun while you vent

Sandy

Sandy

Type 1 diabetes - 1986

hypothyroid -1993

pernicious anemia

premature atrial beats

neuropathy

retinopathy

hypothyroid 1996

diagnosed Aspergers at age 7 - responded very well (HUGE difference) to gluten-free diet

scoliosis Jan 2008

son is 13

Do tell!

Venting here is a form of therapy! :)

Use lots of emoticons - have some fun while you vent

Sandy

Thanks Sandy...if they ever logged on here and read this, theyd kill me, but whatever. u guys obviously love me so right now it dont matter...

heres the basic story:

i havent talked to my best friend since last week. i sent her a txt on thursday sayin where she could find the post about my scope here on the board. yesterday i txted her askin if she said it, she said not yet, and her excuse was she was stayin at her boyfriends cuz of a storm (that i could live with)...

she finally comes online tonite, never asked about how i'm feelin/how my test went/etc AT ALL...jumped straight into braggin about her man, then got mad at me when i said i dont have any input since i havent been in a relationship before and that i'm distracted by calgary, etc...she also accused me of thinkin her news was just a waste of time, and then vanished offline...

I've been on the verge of a panic attack, nearly had 1 tonite, the last thing I needed was my "best friend" makin me feel like i'm completely meaningless :( *cries*

~ lisa ~

...26 years old...

I am guessing your friend is under the age of 20 - she is in an egocentric self centered mode - in her mind - because you were worried about your upcoming scope and didn't have input about "her man"... then you dont care about her.

First off she is the one who is not caring and only wants her needs met right now - never mind that you need her support and are about to go on a long trip, alone, you're scared and a "good day" is hard to find when you have GI troubles.

If she DOES read this - she needs to step back and understand that YOU needed her at that moment , that YOU were reaching out and found empty space.

Perhaps if she has faced a scope before, she would understand your fears.

I can listen very well to my friends talk about relationships, but I tell ya, when I am taking one of my kids to the hospital the next day or adding a new diagnosis to our long list......my best friends offer hugs and support and ask how they can help. they dont get upset cause I didnt want to hear about their latest husband issue or about a cute thing their child did that day.

Sorry your friend bailed when you needed her - maybe she'll be there when you get back...and wanting to hear about you

Sandy

Sandy

Type 1 diabetes - 1986

hypothyroid -1993

pernicious anemia

premature atrial beats

neuropathy

retinopathy

hypothyroid 1996

scoliosis Jan 2008

son is 13

I am guessing your friend is under the age of 20 - she is in an egocentric self centered mode - in her mind - because you were worried about your upcoming scope and didn't have input about "her man"... then you dont care about her.

First off she is the one who is not caring and only wants her needs met right now - never mind that you need her support and are about to go on a long trip, alone, you're scared and a "good day" is hard to find when you have GI troubles.

If she DOES read this - she needs to step back and understand that YOU needed her at that moment , that YOU were reaching out and found empty space.

Perhaps if she has faced a scope before, she would understand your fears.

I can listen very well to my friends talk about relationships, but I tell ya, when I am taking one of my kids to the hospital the next day or adding a new diagnosis to our long list......my best friends offer hugs and support and ask how they can help. they dont get upset cause I didnt want to hear about their latest husband issue or about a cute thing their child did that day.

Sorry your friend bailed when you needed her - maybe she'll be there when you get back...and wanting to hear about you

Sandy

Actually shes 27, which makes it even more hurtful. u'd think shes gone thru a lot more in those 5 years of life she has on me, and she'd be more mature.

ur right...i needed someone to turn to for a huge thing. friends are supposed to give each other support, especially when they know its somethin u cant get thru on ur own. usually i can live with her talkin about her boyfriend--girl talk, right?. but its not right when u ignore someones needs(like comfort, reassurance, etc) to talk about the usual/daily stuff.

*wishes i could talk to my guy friend*

~ lisa ~

...26 years old...

cyber hugs {{{{{ }}}}}

sorry she wasnt there the way you needed. 27??! wow, and she vanished the minute she wasnt the center of attention, hmmm. This boyfriend must be something else to make her so shortsighted and selfish as to not realize that there are more serious things to discuss than "boys' in life.

Unbelievable!!

I know how much of a wreck I am before any "investigation".... one of the reasons I am awake right now! waiting for blood results on Kathryn....

Are you able to sleep the night before? or is the the fact that you are online speaking for itself? ;)

Sandy

** have they ever tested you for a systemic disease like Lupus or lyme disease or anything else that can cause GI symptoms but be a reuslt of systemic disease?

Sandy

Type 1 diabetes - 1986

hypothyroid -1993

pernicious anemia

premature atrial beats

neuropathy

retinopathy

hypothyroid 1996

scoliosis Jan 2008

son is 13

Thanks *hugs back*

I dunno how some people can be so obsessed with a significant other that they just forget about everyone else who matters just as much or more...

My parents already got up twice to yell at me to get to bed, think i may try in a few mins, but i was worked up enough already so this totally didnt help. i havent been able to sleep barely at all with the eatin all the gluten. its been basically passing out thats done it for me. I'll try sleep now, and try post again before I leave. *more hugs* thanks for lettin me rant and replyin so many times..

<3

~ lisa ~

...26 years old...

Lisa, Nothing much to add other than wishing things go smoothly for you. Cyber hugs and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Lisa,

Good luck with everything in Calgary. Hugs and prayers with you on your trip.

Sorry about your friend and her HUGE ego. She obviously doens't understand how important/nerve racking these things can be. We all understand though. Please keep up posted, and travel safely.

Ryan

Positive blood work May 06

Positive results with diet change

Lisa,

Good luck with everything in Calgary. Hugs and prayers with you on your trip.

Sorry about your friend and her HUGE ego. She obviously doens't understand how important/nerve racking these things can be. We all understand though. Please keep up posted, and travel safely.

Thanks *hugs you back too*

Its gonna be a longggg 3 days. If I didnt need someone along with me I'd be going alone, but you know when they give you sedation or whatever you need someone. So i get stuck with mom :P . But oh well i'll have my studying to keep me busy for 13 hours..for 3 straight days :lol:

Thank god for you guys, seriously...

~ lisa ~

...26 years old...

Ooooo yay I am now so much more relaxed. I just got a couple of amazing texts from my closest guy friend...I think I'm gonna be re-reading it 9028340928304209 times on the trip :lol:. But you guys should still keep sending me your luck, too ;)

~ lisa ~

...26 years old...

Best of luck with your test. Sending hugs through the computer.

Thanks *hugs you too*

Btw, Timbits = yummy, and these pyrogies i'll eat for dinner will be too :lol:

~ lisa ~

...26 years old...

I probably missed you by now. I hope everything goes well.

Nancy

Nope not quite ;). We're leaving into Yorkton in about 1/2 an hour, bus goes in 3 1/2 hours. Just so we can eat and I gotta pick somethin up at the house there. My mom is so annoying *sigh* wish i could go alone

~ lisa ~

...26 years old...

Hey Lisa

As always you have my HUGS & Prayers..... You are such a trooper--- I know you will do well........ I'll be thinkin of you .......

mamaw

LISA,

JUST GOT ON TODAY NOW AND SAW THIS.

GOOD LUCK HONEY AND LET US KNOW HOW IT WENT WHEN EVER YOU FEEL UP TO IT.

PRAYERS

JUDY

Judy in Southern CA

Hey Lisa,

I guess you're "under" by now. I hope everything goes/went well.

Linda, Mom to Ty (11 years old)

Ty was diagnosed by blood test June 7/05

biopsy Aug 11/05, diagnosis confirmed Aug 18/05

Mom, Dad and big brother Celiac-free.

I hope I'm doing this right :X I'm a friend of Lisa's posting for her because she doesn't have internet at the moment. She just wanted to give everyone a quick update on things.

Lisa said she's trying to drink the nasty salty-tasting laxative stuff, but it's making her sick. She said it makes the sore spot on her tummy burn. She threw up a little while ago and had a nose bleed. She's hoping she is keeping enough of the stuff down to be emptied enough for the test. Keep thinking of her, please!

...26 years old...

I met up with Lisa and her mother today after Lisa's torture session. She was not in the best of shape and not feeling too punky after a week of gluten and then torture at the hospital. However, now they are on their way back to Saskatchewan if the bus has even left yet. It sounds like they are taking the grand tour back and will be visiting every farm, hamlet and deserted village along the route. They are supposedly arriving in Saskatchewan at 8:30 tomorrow evening.

Hopefully it won't happen like last time. They are hoping to return to Saskatchewan before next Christmas.

Rusla

Asthma-1969

wheat/ dairy allergies, lactose/casein intolerance-1980

Multiple food, environmental allergies

allergic to all antibiotics except sulpha

Rheumitoid arthritis,Migraine headaches,TMJ- 1975

fibromyalgia-1995

egg allergy-1997

msg allergy,gall bladder surgery-1972

Skin Biopsy positive DH-Dec.1 2005, confirmed celiac disease

gluten-free totally since Nov. 28, 2005

Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism- 2005

Pernicious Anemia 1999 (still anemic on and off.)

Osteoporosis Aug. 2006

Creative people need maids.

how sweet of you to meet them Rusla

thanks for the update.

judy

Judy in Southern CA

Hoping the best for you Lisa. Keep up the courage.

Deb

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003