Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gfp

Silly Photo

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/185/433809188_91b4d4a9d3.jpg

433809188_91b4d4a9d3.jpg

Can't decide, is this like when we think we have two heads? Is everyone staring ?

Or is it an add for a service where someone dressed as a gorilla stands behind you as you order making sure the staff don't forget?

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. (JC, De Bello Gallico Liber III/XVIII)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

433809188_91b4d4a9d3.jpg

Can't decide, is this like when we think we have two heads? Is everyone staring ?

Or is it an add for a service where someone dressed as a gorilla stands behind you as you order making sure the staff don't forget?

i couldnt get my eyes off her bloated stomach.

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

433809188_91b4d4a9d3.jpg

Looks like a gorilla in a wedding dress with an innocent bystander.

lm

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
blood, urine, stool tests, prometheus panel
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)
diagnosed celiac disease by Gastroenterologist Andrew R. Gottesman, 12-18-06

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

Beware the chocolate of Chiapa

Looks like a gorilla in a wedding dress with an innocent bystander.

lm

It is, the gorilla is advertsing for a gluten-free resto.... I just thought it was funny... I sometimes feel like I have someone dressed outrageously stood behind me when I'm explaining to waiters ... and everyone is suddenly staring ....

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. (JC, De Bello Gallico Liber III/XVIII)

That's hilarious :lol:. Next time I go to a restaurant, I'm so bringing that gorilla with me!

"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates

i couldnt get my eyes off her bloated stomach.

paula

I couldn't either. Perhaps the gorilla was giving her a hint. I wish he'd come stand outside a restaurant or two here, I miss going out to eat.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Yes! I need the sign-carrying gorilla :lol:

My "gluten spiel" is usually met with a deer in the headlight look. That might just snap them out of it :D

Although, I would think I died and went to heaven if I was walking down the street, and anyone was standing there holding a sign for a gluten-free restaurant! :rolleyes:

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

:lol:

Steve, starting a thread in the gab room? ;)

Remember the hair cut thread, Carla? :D

Patti

HOW COULD I FORGET!!! :lol::lol:

:lol: That was fun--hey Steve, how about a new picture? It's been a while....

Patti

:lol: That was fun--hey Steve, how about a new picture? It's been a while....

Look who's talking! How about a new picture, Patti?

:)

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

Beautiful photos - but none of you Steve??? (..and why are you banned from Prik prize photos dare I ask? :unsure::lol: )

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

Beautiful photos - but none of you Steve??? (..and why are you banned from Prik prize photos dare I ask? :unsure::lol: )

Its a long story, the short answer is in my profile.....

I joined the group simply because I got hundreds of invites... silly really bowing to peer pressure but its kinda flattering...

Anyway I just accepted an "invite" and thought little of it until some script banned me for not inviting enough other people to the group! Personally I find that kind of activity a bit viral... its like pyramid marketing... so I thought nothing of it but it was damned hard work deleting all my photo's because you can't just use the group "delete my photos from this group" type tools...

So I mailed the admin asking him to remove all my photo's and he just said tough... you can rejoin if you invite X amount of people? He/she presumably gets a lot :D read the link to see how the admin delights in suspending people ....

http://www.flickr.com/groups/pritzkerprize...57594459774751/

So I just stopped but I was getting 30-50 inivtations a day .... to join the same group I got suspended from for not hassling others as they hassled me... and it was taking me half an hour a day to delete the damned invites... so I changed my name to reflect this...

Beleive it or not I still get a few invitations but this is diminishing as I just block anyone from that group commenting on my photo's.

It makes life easier, they used to send me mails asking how I did this or that... and I just used to reply thay until they quit the group they would be blocked... now I just block them forever.... I don't need that group, I have plenty of photo's in explore top 500 at any one time and a whole load of people seem to love my photo's...

I loved those photos!!

I love photography....some of those pics were really great.

Thanks for sharing. :)

What is up with the admin from that group?? :blink:

Sounds like a whole lotta hassle to me. :rolleyes:

Rachel

Steve,

I certainly enjoyed your photos--both these and some I'd seen previously. I also wondered about the "ban", so I'm glad Nikki asked :D:ph34r:

That group sounds like a real hassle--I think you were better off being banned!

Patti

Steve... Those pictures are beautiful ... It inspires me to get back to my camera.

Thanks for sharing those.

Nancy

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.

~Chinese Proverb

Steve... Those pictures are beautiful ... It inspires me to get back to my camera.

Thanks for sharing those.

Nancy

Thanks, my best ones aren't on flickr since I sell them so :D

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    kberry01529
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Who's Online (See full list)