This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Really Helpful Online Analysis!

Anonymousgurl

Anonymousgurl Contributor

So I've been wondering what all of my food sensitivities have been doing to my body. I'm sensitive to gluten, dairy, and fatty acids (all oils, nuts, butters). I figured that a diet without all of these things MUST be terrible for my body. The I came across this:

Open Original Shared Link

It's an analysis that tells you what you are defiecient in! I was so thankful to find it! I think everyone should take it. Here are all of the things I am supposedly defficient in, and how defiecient I am:

94% vitamin b12

90% vitamin d

76% calcium

72% vitamin e

63% zinc

60% pantothenic acid

60% omega 3 fatty acids

Ahhh!

Well, it IS nice of them to give you recipes on how to fix that...but unfortunately I can't eat many of the recipes they suggest :( This makes me a little nervous. I've decided that I'm going to eat a lot more spinach...but Im just not sure how to get in all of those omegas that i need, plus my calcium and my vitamins B12 and D! But thank goodness for informative sites like this one.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ursa Major Collaborator

I did it, and they WANT TO KILL ME with their advice on what I should eat! :ph34r:

jerseyangel Proficient
I did it, and they WANT TO KILL ME with their advice on what I should eat! :ph34r:

OMG Ursula, me too! :lol:

Mango04 Enthusiast

Well I apparantly need to eat more fish and more calf's liver :unsure: Interesting...but I think I'll continue avoiding liver and all things that come from a cow :rolleyes:

hahaha they wanna kill me toooooooooo!!

AND they want me to eat a calf's liver...ugh. I don't even eat the calf! Haha. And I'd like to keep it that way.

darlindeb25 Collaborator

Oh no:

98% magnesium

97% vitamin b12

97% dietary fiber

96% riboflavin b2

96% vitamin c

96% iron

96% vitamin b6

95% selenium

94% folate

94% vitamin e

94% zinc

93% vitamin a

92% pantothenic acid

92% niacin b3

91% thiamin b1

91% manganese

90% potassium

90% vitamin k

90% omega 3 fatty acids

90% vitamin d

88% copper

77% protein

68% calcium

52% phosphorus

According to them, I am a walking dead person! ;) and what they want to me to eat, would finish me off.

confused Community Regular

95% vitamin e

93% vitamin b12

92% calcium

90% pantothenic acid

90% vitamin d

89% zinc

80% iron

78% niacin b3

77% riboflavin b2

70% phosphorus

69% selenium

67% protein

65% vitamin b6

65% magnesium

60% omega 3 fatty acids

60% thiamin b1

7% copper

1% folate

1% vitamin a

1% vitamin c

1% vitamin k

1% potassium

1% manganese

0% dietary fiber

i guess i need to eat more huh lol

paula

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ursa Major Collaborator

Since they don't even ask what kinds of supplements people are taking, they are totally off on their estimates. Plus, they don't account for food intolerances at all.

I know full well that I don't get enough of certain nutrients from my limited diet. That is why I supplement, under the care of a naturopathic doctor. Meaning, I am taking the best (and most expensive :rolleyes: ) supplements available.

Thank you guys for sharing your results, now i dont feel so panicked :) But I was wondering...everyone who had really extreme deficiencies (according to the analysis), do you ALL take supplements? Unfortunately my body tends to reject all of the supplements my doctor tries to give me...we've tried A LOT...especially ones labeled "gluten and dairy free", but my body just hates them. Especially ones with calcium. *sigh*. I'm such an unhealthy person. LoL!!!!

Mango04 Enthusiast
Since they don't even ask what kinds of supplements people are taking, they are totally off on their estimates. Plus, they don't account for food intolerances at all.

I know full well that I don't get enough of certain nutrients from my limited diet. That is why I supplement, under the care of a naturopathic doctor. Meaning, I am taking the best (and most expensive :rolleyes: ) supplements available.

Yeah one of the main purposes of the site is to promote the 130 foods that they feel are "the world's healthiest." I like the list of foods they provide, because a person with celiac disease (and no other intolerances) can eat almost everything on it. It shows that there are plenty of natural, whole, healthy foods that a celiac can eat. I was thinking the same thing about the test though. I eat coconut oil and sea salt. Both provide vitamins and minerals that the test does not take into consideration.

happygirl Collaborator

Neither does it take into account your body chemistry, your health, absorption, organ functioning, etc. This might act as a guide, but without medical testing, I wouldn't put any weight into it.

Ursa Major Collaborator
Thank you guys for sharing your results, now i dont feel so panicked :) But I was wondering...everyone who had really extreme deficiencies (according to the analysis), do you ALL take supplements? Unfortunately my body tends to reject all of the supplements my doctor tries to give me...we've tried A LOT...especially ones labeled "gluten and dairy free", but my body just hates them. Especially ones with calcium. *sigh*. I'm such an unhealthy person. LoL!!!!

The only multivitamin I've tried that works for me is the one from Open Original Shared Link. They sell a hypoallergenic multi called 'Super Nu-Thera', which I take. What I love about them is, that you can buy a trial supply of 30 pills for $3.99 to see if you can tolerate them, before you buy their large sizes. I tried it out first, and then bought the 360 capsule size one (I think it was around $60.00).

Have you tried a liquid calcium/magnesium/vitamin D supplement? Liquid supplements are easier to digest, especially minerals. There is also an excellent liquid iron supplement called Floradix, that is easy to digest.

ReneCox Contributor

95% calcium

90% vitamin d

71% riboflavin b2

70% iron

69% vitamin e

68% vitamin b12

62% zinc

60% thiamin b1

60% pantothenic acid

4% dietary fiber

3% magnesium

2% vitamin a

2% phosphorus

1% folate

1% vitamin c

1% vitamin b6

1% niacin b3

1% protein

1% potassium

1% manganese

1% omega 3 fatty acids

1% vitamin k

0% selenium

0% copper

hmm..this cant be good...or accurate..maybe i did it wrong because i know I am getting enough protein and with all teh bananas i eat, i should be getting enough potassium.

RiceGuy Collaborator

I just tried it, though I had a few months ago. As others have noted, it doesn't take intolerances or supplements into account. It also doesn't account for things like margarine, soy/nut milks, etc, many of which have added vitamin D.

At least they deficiencies are in percent, and I'd personally regard all but the really high values as not very likely.

I had actually contacted them recently about the fact that they don't have coconut in their food database - pointing out the health benefits of it. The response I got was more or less like "well, we decided some time ago what foods to have listed, and besides, we can't list everything that might be healthy". <_<

Archived