Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Any kind that I know of is gluten free. I like Orville Redenbacher the best, I almost eat it every day. My favorite kind is light butter, though sometimes I buy Smartpop butter but I like it far less. Mostly I eat light butter and I sometimes put spray butter on it. yum!! :P

I get the Pop Secret. It's from General Mills and I know they will list their gluten. My son likes that Spiderman is on the package. :lol:

There are some popcorns (drizzle on types) that aren't gluten free. I can't remember which brand. I just remember that the stuff you're supposed to drizzle on it isn't gluten free.

HI! I am trying to find some good gluten free microwavable popcorn... any ideas?

I have been getting the Act II Butter. It is pretty good, and I like to get the individual bags -

Newman's Own microwave popcorn is gluten-free. For microwave popcorn, though, read the ingredients carefully. Some have malt (from barley) and other things in the 'butter solution'.

I've been making popcorn from the kernels on the stove; less anxiety about what's in it (and no guilt about how microwave popcorn plant workers were getting sick from production) and it tastes SO much better.

I use organic popcorn, coconut oil (really good for you), and Himalyan salt. It takes all of 5 minutes-I couldn't believe how easy it was. The oil and salt gives the 'popcorn' flavor - you don't need the butter. It makes really fluffy, non-soggy kernels with no slightly slimy aftertaste as from cheap microwave popcorn. I bag some when I make a snack to carry. Black popcorn's the best, imo, with softer insides.

If you want a 'kettle corn' flavor you can mix sugar in with the oil, but you have to be careful of the temp. then. I haven't tried this bec. I'm avoiding sugar.

Popcorn's actually really good for you as a snack food if you are eating the real thing - it has a lot of nutrients. Also, it's something I can have at other's houses without worrying about gluten or dairy or msg if popped from the kernels.

Sorry so long ... I've been thinking about popcorn a lot lately!

I have been getting the Act II Butter. It is pretty good, and I like to get the individual bags -

Newman's Own microwave popcorn is gluten-free. For microwave popcorn, though, read the ingredients carefully. Some have malt (from barley) and other things in the 'butter solution'.

I've been making popcorn from the kernels on the stove; less anxiety about what's in it (and no guilt about how microwave popcorn plant workers were getting sick from production) and it tastes SO much better.

I use organic popcorn, coconut oil (really good for you), and Himalyan salt. It takes all of 5 minutes-I couldn't believe how easy it was. The oil and salt gives the 'popcorn' flavor - you don't need the butter. It makes really fluffy, non-soggy kernels with no slightly slimy aftertaste as from cheap microwave popcorn. I bag some when I make a snack to carry. Black popcorn's the best, imo, with softer insides.

If you want a 'kettle corn' flavor you can mix sugar in with the oil, but you have to be careful of the temp. then. I haven't tried this bec. I'm avoiding sugar.

Popcorn's actually really good for you as a snack food if you are eating the real thing - it has a lot of nutrients. Also, it's something I can have at other's houses without worrying about gluten or dairy or msg if popped from the kernels.

Sorry so long ... I've been thinking about popcorn a lot lately!

I do mine like you do, but I use Real Salt. I have some Himalayan salt but haven't tried it yet. I make a large batch of popcorn almost every night. Daughter sometimes eats it for breakfast. I was born in the midwest where it is considered a food group. Heh!

does coconut oil work? I just got diagnosed as lactose free too! :(

It's wonderful! I used to use olive oil. It's good too but the coconut oil is much better and has a slightly buttery flavor.

Wrong time of year, but for future reference Boy Scout Microwave Popcorn is gluten-free. I verified this last year - hopefully they won't change it.

Every day at 2:00, we make popcorn in my office. It is a little tradition we have. Guess it kind of breaks up our day or something.

We use Wegmans--gluten free on box

Popsecret and ActII both I have had no problems with.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

This is good advice. Some restaurants offer gluten-free menus or mark items with “GF” on their regular menu, and I try to eat at such places. I still talk to the manager when I order to be sure. 
    I've had a swollen gland in my neck similar to what you described.  I found that taking thiamine helps immensely.   Here's an article that you might find helpful..... http://wandererandhome.weebly.com/heal-yourself/vitamin-b1-th...
    Mummu said her daughter was "constantly nauseated, tired, and having little to no interest in eating.  She's lost weight and I'm worried she may be becoming depressed"   I agree with M.Martha.  The Autoimmune diet without dairy and...