Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

savvvyseller

New gluten-free Products At Whole Foods

The Whole Foods in Marlton, NJ just started carrying some new own-name cereals, including a gluten-free version of Cocoa Puffs called Cocoa Comets. They also have a rice krispy cereal with strawberries in it - it's been out of stock, so I don't know if it's gluten-free, but their regular rice krispy cereal (in the orange box) is gluten-free.

The store also has a new line of gluten-free baking cake, bread and other mixes that are priced a bit lower than gluten-free Pantry - I compared the ingredient labels for a few of them with gluten-free Pantry and they were exactly the same - it's probable that gluten-free Pantry makes it and puts Whole Food's name on the box.

Yeah, my son loves cocoa puffs! Now if they could only make fruit loops... I hope my store will start carrying the new products soon.

My grandma surprised me yesterday and had made me chocolate chip cookies. They tasted EXACTLY like non- gluten free cookies! They were amazing! So I asked her what brand they were and they are the Whole foods brand!

My Whole Foods got rid of all of the Gluten Free Pantry products and replaced them with their own brand. I'm so mad about it. We have enough trouble finding products that we really like - they have to go and make it harder? How about giving us more options and not less? I would have liked to be able to make the choice of whether or not I wanted Whole Foods brand or not. Guess I will just be ordering directly from GFP.

My Whole Foods got rid of all of the Gluten Free Pantry products and replaced them with their own brand. I'm so mad about it. We have enough trouble finding products that we really like - they have to go and make it harder? How about giving us more options and not less? I would have liked to be able to make the choice of whether or not I wanted Whole Foods brand or not. Guess I will just be ordering directly from GFP.

Like I mentioned in the original post, since many, if not all of the products have identical ingredient lists and nutritional info, my guess is that Gluten Free Pantry is making these mixes directly for Whole Foods.

Like I mentioned in the original post, since many, if not all of the products have identical ingredient lists and nutritional info, my guess is that Gluten Free Pantry is making these mixes directly for Whole Foods.

I'm going to email them to find out. I've looked at both websites and no one mentions it. I'll post the reply when it comes.

Just talked to Whole Foods (Jericho, NY) and they confirmed that Gluten Free Pantry is indeed making those products for them. I wonder why they changed some of the ingredients then. You would think they would just repackage in the Whole Foods packaging. That's what made me think they weren't the same.

Whole Foods in Marlton, NJ finally got in the store brand Rice Krispies and Rice Krispies with Strawberries - they are not gluten-free - they contain malt. They seem to have replaced the private label rice krispies in the orange box (which were gluten-free).

On the plus side, they started carrying Ian's button cookies - the chocolate chip and cinnamon flavors are gluten-free. They come in individual portion control packs for lunchboxes.

Yes I have tried the Whole foods brand Brownie mix and it does taste a lot better than the other gluten-free brownie mixes out there even better than Bob Mills and Pamela's. I also tried the cornbread muffin mix and my daughter and husband who can't stand when I make our dinner Gluten free they could not tell and loved the meal that I made and had 2nds. I can't wait for my brownies again, no oil is required which I did better with too.

donna

Guest keegans_mommy

I also like the 365 brand of gluten-free products so far! I am, however upset they stopped carrying the BIG bag of Pamela's baking mix :( I was buying that stuff A LOT for all kinds of baking.

I need more options for eating though.