This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Everyday Minerals - Great gluten-free Mineral Make-up!

Mango04

Green12 Enthusiast
mmm, pores disappear because everything swells together?

pores disappear because your eyes swell shut and you can't see them anymore!

:lol:

I think maybe people got confused about where this cream was suppose to be applied :blink:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
astillac Newbie

I came to the site looking for a daily moisturizer - and I've ordered a sample kit of makeup. :rolleyes::D I'm excited.

Mango04 Enthusiast

I think maybe people got confused about where this cream was suppose to be applied :blink:

:ph34r::lol::wacko:

Seriously...who even thought of it...and how and why? :huh:

I came to the site looking for a daily moisturizer - and I've ordered a sample kit of makeup. I'm excited.

Yay! Welcome to the mad make-up cult.

Mango04 Enthusiast

This is crazy.

My cart:

I Can't Believe it Kit

Eye Colors (4)

Ginger Peach (Large)

In the Garden (Large)

Pink Pajamas (Large)

Pots and Pans (Large)

Blushes & Face Colors (3)

Waffle Cone (6g)

Theme Park (6g)

Cookie Sheet (6g)

Foundations (2)

Cool-Multi-Tasking Neutral Intensive (8g)

Makeup Brushes & Accessories (2)

Baby Kabuki (Brush Size)

Angled Blush Brush (Brush Size)

Concealers (1)

Intensive Concealer Fair (6g)

Finishing Powders (1)

Natural Reflections Fair (Large)

More Stuff:

Cool-Multi-Tasking Neutral Original Glo (8g) $12.00 $12.00 remove

Pick Me Up Pink (6g)

Natural Reflections Medium Bronzer (Small) $6.00 $6.00 remove

Cosmetic Wet Wipes (80 Wipes) $3.75 $3.75 remove

Mystic Night (Small)

And then a free sample kit.

:o

Joni63 Collaborator
:wub: I am in love with my order. :lol:

Cheeks: WAFFLE CONE :wub: :wub: Very nice soft peachy color...now that I'm at work and have gone in to check myself out in the mirrors :lol: I wish I had put more of it on. :lol:

Weekend Getaway--this was the first blush I ordered and I liked it...it's a slightly darker peach, but it didn't turn orange on me--think I need to try this again (I have TOOOO many blushes :ph34r: )

Glad you love your order Donna!

Waffle Cone is sounding very nice. I might swap it for Weekend Getaway. I think the more subtle blushes look better on me. Thanks for the report! :)

Joni, I know, blushes are so hard for me to choose too!

You have some great colors in your cart :D

The only blush I have that you list here is Best Friends, it is a very pretty color but it leans to the purple side, a rosey violet, lavender, definitely NOT ORANGE.

Thanks Julie! I'm having such a hard time waiting this special out. :blink:

I don't know what to do about the Best Friends. It sounds pretty and I have Anytime from a prior order, which is lavendar and does look nice on but it's very light - almost too light really. Is Best Friends really light or on the medium-ish side?

I love using the darker blushes as eye shadow. you can put a lot on and it just deepens your eyes without looking like you're wearing eyeshadow.

Also tried a bit of oasis over my lip color. Nice gold finish.

Nice tip Jestgar. I like the eye shadows that don't scream color. I think the subtle hints of color really bring out the eyes so well.

Joni! Blushes! I don't know! I'm confused about which blushes to order too... (but I'm definitely getting waffle cone).

I think Waffle Cone sounds really nice too. More cart swapping!

Okay so this is weird....A bunch of people on other forums are talking about using a certain type of....monistat as a foundation primer. :unsure: Hmmm...not something I would have thought of...

I don't know about that one... :o Sounds a little scary!

I sent in a gushing email to EM. Basically saying I've felt like doodoo for 5 years and couldn't have cared less about my appearance and now I'm having so much fun with makeup and it doesn't cause reactions. :ph34r:

Oooooooooooooh Donna, maybe your email will end up in the testimonial section at EM. You will be beautiful and famous!!! ;)

EM is changing lives, one face at a time!

You should honestly be a spokesperson for EM, Julie. Love your slogan!

mmm, pores disappear because everything swells together?

pores disappear because your eyes swell shut and you can't see them anymore!

LOL, Jestgar!

I came to the site looking for a daily moisturizer - and I've ordered a sample kit of makeup. :rolleyes::D I'm excited.

Hello and Welcome! Hope you love EM as much as we all do!

Mango04 Enthusiast

Has anybody tried Swimming Pool blush?

Jestgar Rising Star

You should just give up and send them an email asking if they'll cut you a good deal if you order one of everything.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

confused Community Regular
This is crazy.

My cart:

I Can't Believe it Kit

Eye Colors (4)

Ginger Peach (Large)

In the Garden (Large)

Pink Pajamas (Large)

Pots and Pans (Large)

Blushes & Face Colors (3)

Waffle Cone (6g)

Theme Park (6g)

Cookie Sheet (6g)

Foundations (2)

Makeup Brushes & Accessories (2)

Baby Kabuki (Brush Size)

Angled Blush Brush (Brush Size)

Concealers (1)

Intensive Concealer Fair (6g)

Finishing Powders (1)

Natural Reflections Fair (Large)

More Stuff:

Cool-Multi-Tasking Neutral Original Glo (8g) $12.00 $12.00 remove

Pick Me Up Pink (6g)

Natural Reflections Medium Bronzer (Small) $6.00 $6.00 remove

Cosmetic Wet Wipes (80 Wipes) $3.75 $3.75 remove

Mystic Night (Small)

And then a free sample kit.

:o

And what is the total of that 500 bucks lol. I sitll havent ordered, i havent had the time to sit down and pick out colors, Im going to tommorow tho cause my mom is coming and she wants to buy some makeup for her.

paula

Donna,

I knew you would love the ginger peach, i love wearing it with exhale in the crease it really makes my eyes pop.

paula

Mango04 Enthusiast
You should just give up and send them an email asking if they'll cut you a good deal if you order one of everything.

Whose idea was it to have a kit called "Our Entire Line?" That's what I need...an "Our Entire Line Kit."

And what is the total of that 500 bucks lol

About $77. :ph34r: I really need to take stuff out. <_<:rolleyes:

Green12 Enthusiast

Hi astillac, so glad you ordered. Come back when you get it and tell us how you like it!

We have spreadsheets to keep track of these sorts of things :lol:

This is crazy.

My cart:

Sniff, sniff...... This is the kind of order that brings tears to a cult members eyes.

Beautiful.

Thanks Julie! I'm having such a hard time waiting this special out. :blink:

I don't know what to do about the Best Friends. It sounds pretty and I have Anytime from a prior order, which is lavendar and does look nice on but it's very light - almost too light really. Is Best Friends really light or on the medium-ish side?

Me too Joni, I am having a hard time deciding if I should order, if I should wait. I go to the EM website, sign in, and stare at the contents of my cart......then I think about other color possibilities, should I change out some of my colors or just go with it as is? So much pressure :wacko:

:lol::lol:

Ok, Best Friends, well since I don't have Anytime in order to compare it to side by side I am not sure what to tell you.

I'm terrible at describing colors :blink:

When I apply it it isn't really strong on, it doesn't seem to be extremely highly pigmented, too dark or harsh, or anything like that. But I wouldn't exactly describe it as too light.

On the website they are side by side, it does look like Best Friends has more color to it between the two.

I am looking at it in the jar now, it truly is a rosey mauve like the description says, very pretty.

I don't know if I was any help, this probably confused you even more :lol:

That is a negatory for me Mango.

I considered it, but Waffle Cone went in my cart instead.

:lol::lol:

And what is the total of that 500 bucks lol. I sitll havent ordered, i havent had the time to sit down and pick out colors, Im going to tommorow tho cause my mom is coming and she wants to buy some makeup for her.

paula

Will your mom be joining our makeup cult??

Tell her your "on line make up friends" want her to :lol:

Be sure and post what you order! Inquiring minds want to know :D

mftnchn Explorer

Wow, I reordered my samples on Monday, and it left Portland Or today, which is where I am but in a suburb, so maybe it will be here today or tomorrow. This was USPS so pretty good...especially if it arrives tomorrow! I am hopeful!

mftnchn Explorer

I have Best Friends, it was the first blush I ordered. It is a mauve/rose pink. I like the color but I like jump rope much better as a blush, it is more mauve, less rose. I like Best Friends under my natural lip gloss.

I thought when I was using Best Friends as a blush that it was too strong a color on me, but then started mixing it into a little foundation and liked it quite well that way.

I keep returning to Jump Rope as my blush of choice though.

I also went over all my current foundations yesterday, and came back to the one I am using, sun-kissed fair. It is really close to multi-tasking in the jar at least. I think it has a little less pink undertone, but it isn't yellow either. I wore multi-tasking yesterday and it is fine but it is more noticeable to me that I am wearing foundation, while the sun-kissed fair seems to blend in.

I am looking for the Monistat gel that is supposed to work as a primer, I might have seen this on the EM forum rather than here. I want to try to see if I can get a smoother look.

Will your mom be joining our makeup cult??

Tell her your "on line make up friends" want her to :lol:

Be sure and post what you order! Inquiring minds want to know :D

I sure will post what we order today lol, that is if she makes it cause we got more snow yet again, im so tired of this snow.

She wont join cause she dont have internet, she keeps saying she is going to buy an laptop and then something else comes up and she doesnt, i think i might just have to buy her one just to join us lol. But heck if she dont come i guess i will order all by myself im almsot out of every foundation i have lol

paula

dlp252 Apprentice

Today's review:

Wearing the free sample Ivory that they describe as a foundation/eye color. The first brush touch down on my face was pretty light for me, and it's in Original Glo formulation, so probably will be too glowy for me, but once I got it on all over, it looked okay. Probably won't be a keeper as far as foundation...I may try it as an eyecolor eventually, but with my oily eyelids, I'm thinking Original Glo won't work well for that. (Oh, and I DO have on the Sunlight Finishing Dust as a primer on my eyes and face.)

Blush: Okay folks, the burning answers to some of those questions I saw posted overnight, lol. I am wearing a lavendar sweater today, so I decided to try Anytime blush. Um, waaayyyy tooooo light for me, lol. It's a pretty color so I'll try this again with a different foundation and if that doesn't work, I'll try it as an eye color, and if that doesn't work, I'll try it as a lip gloss, lol. I want this color somehow. :P

So then I put on Veranda over that, which looks a bit darker. Um, that was also way too light...looked like someone hit me with a "grey" powder puff. I also love this color though, so will try it with all the other combinations I mentioned for Anytime.

So THEN I tried Soft Touch. Okay, I think by that time there was just tooooo much white dust on my face. That also didn't show. This is also a really pretty color, so I'll again try it with other foundations and in other ways.

I wiped off as much of the white dust :lol: as I could without taking off my foundation, and put on BEST FRIENDS!! :wub: Okay, bingo, hit a winner. This is beautiful...nice mauvy pink. Very nice on--course, I'll have to try this on it's own before I do a double :wub: on it. :P

Eyes: Bedtime story--used as a base...it looked pretty light when it first went on, but I decided to just wait it out until I got the other stuff on.

Net Surfing-- :wub: Love this...have it on the lid and when blended up over the Bedtime Story, was just about what I was looking for a couple of weeks ago when talking about wanting lavendars.

Mystic Night-- :wub: :wub: :wub: I love this...I have it on as an eyeliner. Very pretty smokey purple. Love it!!!!

Welcome!!! I hope you like it! I'm ALWAYS excited when someone tries it, lol.

Seriously...who even thought of it...and how and why? :huh:

:ph34r: I can think of at least one scenario how it might have ended up on someones face... :ph34r:

This is crazy.

Yeah, I have a personal custom kit (full size), a mini eyeshadow kit, a free sample kit, and the peach lip gloss in my cart! :ph34r:

Oooooooooooooh Donna, maybe your email will end up in the testimonial section at EM. You will be beautiful and famous!!! ;)

Yeah, I like Best Friends...it's more medium!

They did reply to my email, but no mention about testimonial, lol.

Hey, I'm almost there myself, lol.

I knew you would love the ginger peach, i love wearing it with exhale in the crease it really makes my eyes pop.

I'll try it with Exhale! :)

Whose idea was it to have a kit called "Our Entire Line?" That's what I need...an "Our Entire Line Kit."

Sniff, sniff...... This is the kind of order that brings tears to a cult members eyes.

Wow, I reordered my samples on Monday, and it left Portland Or today, which is where I am but in a suburb, so maybe it will be here today or tomorrow. This was USPS so pretty good...especially if it arrives tomorrow! I am hopeful!

Oooooh, hope you get them today!

cruelshoes Enthusiast

I have swimming pool. It looks quite brown in the container, but looks OK if applied with a light hand. It has no sparkle, so it's nice for a non-sparkly day like casual Friday. :)

I got my last order on Wednesday. I ordered it on Saturday, so I am quite pleased with the quick turnaround. I opened all the eyeshadows and applied each one up and down my left arm. By the time I was done trying all 10 colors, I looked like I had been in a horrifying car wreck or had some strange version of flesh eating bacteria. :D I love all the colors I got, but my favorites so far are pots and pans (a lovely sparkly pink), wild flowers (a nice matte puce color - in a good way) and mystic night (a royal blue/black kinda thing). I can't decide what color to try next. I got floating feathers because I read it was a good hilighter. Now I have to admit that I have no idea what a hlighter is used for. Oh senior cult members, enlighten me!

One thing I will mention about the blush color I got for my sample kit. It is Veranda. I think it was described as an icy pink shade with a touch of purple. This stuff is lavendar. There's no touch of purple about it. It tried putting it on, and it hardly showed. Bythe time I had enough on to show, I looked like I was healing up from a good beating. I did try it as an eye color, though, and it is a very wearable lavendar. I have been looking for an eye color like this. The quest for the perfect blush continues. So far jump rope and chit chat are my favorites. I can't decide what to try net. Cookie sheet? Pink ribbon?

dlp252 Apprentice

Far from expert on the subject, lol, but highlighters....

The book I'm reading says to highlight any area that you want to bring forward. Lighter colors come forward and darker colors recede.

I have deep set (relatively) eyes, so technically I SHOULDN'T highlight my brow bone. I do anyway because I'm a rebel. :lol: If your eyes are not deepset (or you are a rebel) you could highlight the area right underneath the eyebrow.

The other places (which I HAVEN'T tried yet) are just above the cheekbones, down the center of the nose (this would be especially good for me since I have a big nose, and especially if I contour the sides of my nose with a darker color, lol), and in the center of the chin. There's also a couple of places on the forhead, but I don't really want to highlight that areacovered by bangs anyway. :P

dlp252 Apprentice

I just got a compliment!! :P Someone said I looked really nice today, then asked if I was wearing makeup. :P

Mango04 Enthusiast

For the lighter blushes - Soft Touch and Anytime - you guys might be surprised by how nice they are when swiped over other colors. They're nice for brightening and lightening things up.

Have you guys ever gotten an EM shade you thought you hated, then tired it again several weeks later only to discover it's fabulous?

Well that happened to me this morning. Spring Pink lip gloss is fantastic. I had read that you have to kind of activate the pigment in some of the EM glosses buy using it a few times first, so I swiped it over my hand several times and bam...a better color. :D

I wiped off as much of the white dust as I could without taking off my foundation, and put on BEST FRIENDS!! Okay, bingo, hit a winner. This is beautiful...nice mauvy pink. Very nice on--course, I'll have to try this on it's own before I do a double on it.

Do I need to ad Best Friends to my cart now too?

Mystic Night-- I love this...I have it on as an eyeliner. Very pretty smokey purple. Love it!!!!

:D:D I'm excited to try this one!

So today, in celebration of Quit Your Job Friday:

Eyes - Good China, Hot Chocolate and Samba Lessons (:wub::wub::wub: <---my feelings towards Samba Lessons)

Cheeks - To Do List, Corner Office and Light Pink

All Over Face - Natural

Lips - Spring Pink

Mango04 Enthusiast
I just got a compliment!! :P Someone said I looked really nice today, then asked if I was wearing makeup. :P

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Joni63 Collaborator
I have Best Friends, it was the first blush I ordered. It is a mauve/rose pink. I like the color but I like jump rope much better as a blush, it is more mauve, less rose. I like Best Friends under my natural lip gloss.

I thought when I was using Best Friends as a blush that it was too strong a color on me, but then started mixing it into a little foundation and liked it quite well that way.

I keep returning to Jump Rope as my blush of choice though.

Thank you for the info. Best Friends is in my cart. I had Jump Rope in, but now I have to go back and re-think that one! Ugh -decisions!

Today's review:

Net Surfing-- :wub: Love this...have it on the lid and when blended up over the Bedtime Story, was just about what I was looking for a couple of weeks ago when talking about wanting lavendars.

Mystic Night-- :wub: :wub: :wub: I love this...I have it on as an eyeliner. Very pretty smokey purple. Love it!!!!

Ooooh, nice review. I think I have them both in my cart!

I have swimming pool. It looks quite brown in the container, but looks OK if applied with a light hand. It has no sparkle, so it's nice for a non-sparkly day like casual Friday. :)

I can't decide what to try net. Cookie sheet? Pink ribbon?

Thanks for the review on Swimming Pool. I've been tossing around the idea of adding that one, too!

Cookie Sheet is a beautiful color. I love that one. It is sparkly and nice!

Far from expert on the subject, lol, but highlighters....

The book I'm reading says to highlight any area that you want to bring forward. Lighter colors come forward and darker colors recede.

I have deep set (relatively) eyes, so technically I SHOULDN'T highlight my brow bone. I do anyway because I'm a rebel. :lol: If your eyes are not deepset (or you are a rebel) you could highlight the area right underneath the eyebrow.

Eeeeek! This is interesting. I always felt the lighter colors looked better on me but didn't realize why. I have deep set eyes and it's true when I try to do a smokey look or dark eye shadows, I look tired. I also have the puffy type eye lids so I probably shouldn't be highlighting that area either. Do they suggest an alernative method for eyes.

Yay on the compliment! :D

Hehe! I actually left the house without any makeup on today. It was only to drop off a truck for repair and I didn't have to see anyone, but I felt really awkward, lol!

Mango04 Enthusiast
Eeeeek! This is interesting. I always felt the lighter colors looked better on me but didn't realize why. I have deep set eyes and it's true when I try to do a smokey look or dark eye shadows, I look tired. I also have the puffy type eye lids so I probably shouldn't be highlighting that area either. Do they suggest an alernative method for eyes.

I love highlighter colors! Camomile is a really great brow highlighter. It's absolutely beautiful. I also love Spin Cycle and Light Pink. I highlight...pretty much everything lol.....upper cheeks, brows, inner corner of my eyes..and a line down the nose really works too.

Hehe! I actually left the house without any makeup on today. It was only to drop off a truck for repair and I didn't have to see anyone, but I felt really awkward, lol!

I know, I used to only wear eyeliner on very rare occasions, but now I look dead to myself if I'm not wearing any :blink:

HeartofGlass224 Rookie

Wow wow wow wow wow!!! :wub::wub::wub:

I got my order today, and I am absolutely hooked now!

I ripped open the box and ran right into the bathroom to start playing lol.

I started out with sunlight concealer....it went on VERY yellow, and that scared me right away. It did cover my dark circles really well, but man, that yellow....I wasn't sure. I got the concealer brush in my kit, and I love it. I put the sunlight on wet, and it was great. I have a huge pimple today, and the sunlight covered it perfectly.

I got the new flat top brush, and I now see what you guys were talking about with the difference in the brushes! It's soooo soft, and it put my foundation on beautifully. I used the fair in original glow today, and it was perfect. Once I got the foundation over the sunlight concealer, the yellow didn't show at all! I followed that with the finishing dust....it feels so good going on your skin! My face looks flawless.

I went with In The Garden on my eyes today, with my foundation as a base....I absolutely love it! The sparkles are just so pretty. I used the smokey eyeliner....I do need a thinner brush to apply that, since I'm used to liquid liner, and I only had an eye shadow thing to put it on with today, but I still love the way it looks.

I went over my face with the finishing dust one more time to clean up the shadow mess, and used the Nick Nack blush....kind of light, but very pretty. I have on Cherry Fizz lipgloss, which is so pretty! The only thing I don't like is that it feels like it's very "melty"...like the tube won't last long.

My best friend came over and LOVED the way it looked, so I showed her all my goodies. She uses BM, and now she's switching! LOL

Starry Eyed looks very pretty, I think I'll try that tomorrow. The Cherry Fizz eye color looks pale, but I'm sure it'll be better when it's on. Text Message is a little scary, kind of dark for a blush with my pale skin, I think. But I will try it, and even if it's too dark on my cheeks, I think it'll be a great eye shadow. All Smiles isn't exactly what I thought it was, but it's pretty. Jump Rope is very pale too, but a nice shade. I can't wait to try them all! The Bisque color correcter is a little dark, I think....but hey, it was free!

Thank you all so much for all your advice and input, and for being here! I would have never found this amazing product without the cult! :lol:

dlp252 Apprentice

Mango,

My sister has little orphan annie eyes if she doesn't put eyeliner on. I *think* she actually was considering tatooing eyeliner on at one point, lol. Good thing we're not related. :P Someday I'll explain how THAT all works, lol.

Yes, there are a couple of things it says to do, I'll look them up to make sure I'm not mixing them up and post later or tomorrow.

I got my order today, and I am absolutely hooked now!

Thank you all so much for all your advice and input, and for being here! I would have never found this amazing product without the cult! :lol:

Oh YAY!!!! So glad you like it!

Mango04 Enthusiast
Mango,

My sister has little orphan annie eyes if she doesn't put eyeliner on. I *think* she actually was considering tatooing eyeliner on at one point, lol. Good thing we're not related. :P Someday I'll explain how THAT all works, lol.

It's funny you mention that. I recently saw an ad for a "medical spa" (whatever the heck that is) that offers semi-permanent eyelash dying for $20. I actually considered it :ph34r: I won't do it though...a quick google search told me it has been known to cause blindness :blink:

TATOOING though? OUCH!

So I told a friend of mine yesterday that I am the founder of an online monster make-up cult.

Her response: "That is rad."

I was expecting her to be like :huh::huh:

Archived