Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mango04

Everyday Minerals - Great gluten-free Mineral Make-up!

Well, glad you got some opinions Julie because for once I don't have one, lol! :lol:

:lol:

I'll keep you in mind Donna, if I start to question my choices, when I am going over my eyeshadow kit colors, surely you have them all by now, or you're close to having them all :D

I'm glad you found it! Did you get the plain olive oil one or a scented version? I love that soap! :lol: Hopefully it will work for you.

Me too! I got the honey and olive one that is scented, but I think I have to get used to the scent. It's a lot different than other soaps. It does make my skin feel nice and no itching so far, yay!

Only a couple days left on the special. Of course we probably won't know the new one until Feb. 17th or so, lol!

I'm slipping cultsters. I didn't wear eye shadow again today. I've felt lousy for the past couple days and had a slight fever and sore throad and just didn't feel like messing with makeup much.

So...I guess in order to redeem my slacker ways I'll get super made up for Valentines Day!

Thanks for the reviews Mango, what is MUA again??

Make-Up Alley. It's the best. You can find extensive reviews of pretty much any cosmetic product there (most of the EM colors are reviewed very thoroughly too). You do need to register but it's worth it! B)

Make-Up Alley. It's the best. You can find extensive reviews of pretty much any cosmetic product there (most of the EM colors are reviewed very thoroughly too). You do need to register but it's worth it! B)

Oooh, ok thanks! Must go check it out :lol:

I did try that Kiss My Face soap, after you recommended it like a year and a half ago, but I think I reacted to it :huh:

How is that possible when it is only a few ingredients and totally pure?!?! :wacko:

How is that possible when it is only a few ingredients and totally pure?!?! :wacko:

:(

Did you get the plain olive oil one?

Gosh, who knows... Maybe it was something the use to saponify the olive oil. Bummer!

:(

Did you get the plain olive oil one?

Gosh, who knows... Maybe it was something the use to saponify the olive oil. Bummer!

Um, whoa, had to make sure I was in the right thread there for a second. It looked like the Silly Thread with the intellectuals and the big words you have to look up in the dictionary

Saponify Mango?!?!?!

:lol::lol:

I might have gotten the lavender bar, but I use oil of lavender quite frequently with no problems so I didn't think that could be it.

Maybe I should give the plain one a try.

I might have gotten the lavender bar, but I use oil of lavender quite frequently with no problems so I didn't think that could be it.

The honey olive bar does have fragrance.

Ingredients:

LOL! I foiund out where Mango got the word Saponify: :lol:

Saponified Olive Oil, Water, Honey, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance.

Now, what does saponify mean???

Only a couple days left on the special. Of course we probably won't know the new one until Feb. 17th or so, lol!

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too...

Ha, as I have found out recently...it doesn't matter if there is only one ingredient and it's the purest gentlest thing on the planet...if you're sensitive to it, you're sensitive to it, lol.

My trusty Word thesaurus says: to be converted into soap, or convert a fat into soap, especially by reaction with an alkali

Clear as mud now isn't it!? :lol:

Ooh ooh! I know this one. I make soap, so I know what saponification is. When you make soap, you combine oils with a strong alkalyne like sodium hydroxide (Lye). Saponification is the chemical reaction that occurs when the lye and oils are introducted to each other and heated, resulting in soap. Each oil has a slightly different chemical struture, so the ratio of oil to lye varies with each combination. There are lots more 50-cent words that could go in there to describe the process, but that's the nutshell version.

As far as how much we've spent, I think I have spent $120 and some change. But I just used up my first container of foundtion yesterday (I am working out of the pots I have gotten in 4 sample kits in varying colors/formulations). Definitely a good value for the money. I will probably place one more order and then be good for quite a while. I think even the mini eyeshadows will last a really long time. Especially since I will have...umm...30. :ph34r: I'm OK with spending the amount of $. Really the only other time I have purchased makeup in any quantity was back in high school when I was trying to look like Siouxsie Sioux. All that black eyeliner and black lipstick was cheap!

My goal is to have every eye shadow well everyone that i like lol. I will probably get 2 kits after the new special. I just need to get an cute thing to put them all in, it sucks digging threw my makeup bag trying to find the color i want lol.

Today i tried the pink pajamas wet and it is so pretty, i had to wear pink for valentines day. I couldnt put too much makeup on tho cause i have to do the parties in the boys classes today, i didnt want them to think i was an hooker or something lol.

paula

Um, whoa, had to make sure I was in the right thread there for a second. It looked like the Silly Thread with the intellectuals and the big words you have to look up in the dictionary

Saponify Mango?!?!?!

I honestly wasn't even sure if I used the right word. :unsure::lol: I thought I was going to come back to find out "saponify" meant something else completely. I'm glad I was right. :D

You make soap, Colleen? How awesome. I've been wanting to do that.

Today i tried the pink pajamas wet and it is so pretty, i had to wear pink for valentines day. I couldnt put too much makeup on tho cause i have to do the parties in the boys classes today, i didnt want them to think i was an hooker or something lol.

No, that would probably not be appreciated by the teachers. LOL.

I'm excited to get Pink Pajamas with my next order. :D

Ok Ladies, I am new to the forum, and was browsing in your cult. I am a makeup junkie, and have been using Jane Iredale mineral makeup, which is VERY expensive. So I am going to try some of this brand, and am soo excited about the price and how much you all love it.

Hope new members are invited in the cult, though it looks like a have a lot of catching up to do!!! :)

Question about the finishing powders. Are they needed? I am a combo skin with a bit of Tzone shine 1/2 way thru the day. Also what finish do you guys prefer to those of you that are a combo skin?

Thanks Girls.....

AMY

Hope new members are invited in the cult, though it looks like a have a lot of catching up to do!!! :)

There are requirements, such as:

Within three days of receiving your order you must state an opinion on one or more of the products received. Bonus points if it's within one day, and extra bonus points if you try everything, then wash it all off and try a different combo.

Ok Ladies, I am new to the forum, and was browsing in your cult. I am a makeup junkie, and have been using Jane Iredale mineral makeup, which is VERY expensive. So I am going to try some of this brand, and am soo excited about the price and how much you all love it.

Question about the finishing powders. Are they needed? I am a combo skin with a bit of Tzone shine 1/2 way thru the day. Also what finish do you guys prefer to those of you that are a combo skin?

Thanks Girls.....

AMY

Hi! Welcome to the cult! :D:lol: Just jump in...catching up would be impossible. :lol:

You might like original glo or semi matte for combo skin, but you should really try a sample of each formula if you can.

Intensive is my favorite forumula (I like coverage), but I surprisingly like original glo, even though I tend to be on the oily side (original glo is meant for drier skin). So....you just never know what might work for you.

Finishing powders aren't needed, but they are nice. I don't know which one to recommend because I like all of them lol (I've tried Natural Reflections, Finishing Dust and Silk Powder). Finishing Dust gives a nice finish and helps a bit with the oil, but some people don't like corn starch as an ingredient.

Donna conducted a scientific experiement using Natural Reflections under her make-up (for oil control I think) and the results were excellent, I believe. She has spreadsheets with further information.

There are requirements, such as:

Within three days of receiving your order you must state an opinion on one or more of the products received. Bonus points if it's within one day, and extra bonus points if you try everything, then wash it all off and try a different combo.

Triple bonus points if you try everything at once. Don't hesitate to use random parts of your body (arms, legs, abdomen, whatever) for the purpose of determining how the different shades might work with your skin tone.

Thanks Girls.....

Most definitely Amy! We are happy when someone "fresh" comes into the cult, lol. Makes us all excited again...or is that just ME?! :lol:

Exactly! Then, once you are done reporting on all that, you must report on whatever concoctions you make by mixing them together. :lol:

You must also report what you plan to order, when you order it, when you are longing for it, and when you receive it. :lol: :lol: (only HALF kidding about this!!! :ph34r: )

Donna conducted a scientific experiement using Natural Reflections under her make-up (for oil control I think) and the results were excellent, I believe. She has spreadsheets with further information.

Oh yes, yes...completely forgot to address this, lol. I did a scientific experiment where I put Natural Reflections finishing powder (loose minerals) on only one side of my face as a "base", then put on my foundation and eye colors...the side without the finishing powder as a base was noticably more shiney by the end of the day, especially on my eyes which tend to be oiliest.

They also have a pressed powder, but not a lot of choices in color YET...rumoUr has it that they will be introducing more colors of pressed powder in the next couple of months or so.

Looks like I will fit in with you guys rather nicely!!! I always try makeup as soon as i get it.

I read about the minerals this morning and already have 2 sample orders on the way, and have decided which items i will sample next with my 1st order.

I will be applying and washing off to report to you all the sample I purchased. Cant wait for it to arrive!!! :D

Have a great day!

You must also report what you plan to order, when you order it, when you are longing for it, and when you receive it. :lol: :lol: (only HALF kidding about this!!! :ph34r: )

You also must hunt down the mail guy in Donna's building when you know he has your stuff, and start following around random dhl vans that might just have your order.

Quadruple bonus points for applying make-up before going to the gym.

Okay now we're going to start scaring away the newbies. :(:ph34r:

amy

welcome to this crazy cult lol. mando and donna are the most cultess tho lol.

I am the impatient that whines til my package comes, i rodered it on tuesday and am already stressed about waiting for it. I think it is cause i keep ordering when monday is an holiday lol

paula

Looks like I will fit in with you guys rather nicely!!! I always try makeup as soon as i get it.

I read about the minerals this morning and already have 2 sample orders on the way, and have decided which items i will sample next with my 1st order.

I will be applying and washing off to report to you all the sample I purchased. Cant wait for it to arrive!!! :D

Have a great day!

Wooohoooo! Glad we didn't scare you away! :lol:

So which shades did you order? :D

You also mush hunt down the mail guy in Donna's building when you know he has your stuff, and start following around random dhl vans that might just have your order.

Quadruple bonus points for applying make-up before going to the gym.

Okay now we're going to start scaring away the newbies. :(:ph34r:

What kind of bonus do u get it if u get up and put on makeup before you exercise at home at 5 am lmao. No i dont do that, but if i get bonus points i might start lol

paula

You also must hunt down the mail guy in Donna's building when you know he has your stuff, and start following around random dhl vans that might just have your order.

Yes, this involves tracking your order every 5 minutes when it says "out for delivery" or "with delivery courier" so that you know the exact moment to start hunting down said mail guy, or following said DHL van. :lol:

Actually, I think said mail room guy is scared of me because he's been bringing my stuff up rather quickly. :lol:

welcome to this crazy cult lol. mando and donna are the most cultess tho lol.

Yayyy the website finally said it left texas yesterday, so now i can wait patiently til tuesday, which im sure when it will be here unless im lucky and get it on saturday since it is postal and not dhl lol.

paula

Mango:

I ordered medium, medium beige, and mulit tasking neutral. These were recommended to me by them, but I think they may be too dark for me: I am pretty light. They asked me to send them a photo, and that is what they came up with.

I ordered a few lighter shades too just in case.....

I also sampled the apple and email me blush, the mint concealor, and sunlight too.

AMY