This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Prayer Request

blueeyedmanda

Guhlia Rising Star

Being sick is hard enough without running into insensitive and closed minded doctors. I hope Carrie can figure things out before her insurance coverage ends.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ravenwoodglass Mentor
Carrie went to a GI dr today, she has insurance coverage until Jan. 1st. So up until now the family dr was treating her, but said it would be a good idea to see a GI dr.

Carrie called me tonight in tears, she said the DR did not listen to her at all and just kept saying IBS IBS IBS.....well yea that could be an option but lets look at them all. She said he didnt seem to care about what she was describing. In part of the exam he did a rectal exam and she was very uncomfortable with that....I think that really upset her.

I suggested a new dr. She needs to see someone who will listen, she is young and the sooner we figure out the problem the better....

Celiac panel still pending....

Will she be willing to just try the diet? I had many degrading and depressing doctor appointments and just wish I knew that the diet response was the truest test there is. Please encourage her to just get on it if she has already had her blood draw.

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I am going to talk to her about that when I go visit tomorrow night. It would probably be easier to explain in person and with some examples to show her.

jerseyangel Proficient
I am going to talk to her about that when I go visit tomorrow night. It would probably be easier to explain in person and with some examples to show her.

That sounds like a very good idea, Amanda. I hope she will be open to at least trying the diet--she has nothing to lose by doing that, since she's already had her blood drawn for the panel.

I'll keep her in my prayers :)

Celiac Panel is negative.

They are leaning towards Crohn's and she needs a colonoscopy ASAP....she is seeing a different dr on Friday.

confused Community Regular

Keep us updated, i will continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers, hopefully they can do the oclonscopy as soon as possible, or maybe she will get a good dr that will do both scopes at once, just to make sure.

Enjoy your time with your sister this weekend.

paula

Joni63 Collaborator

I just wanted to tell you that my thoughts and prayers are with your sister. I hope she gets some answers very soon.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Thanks everyone we appreciate it. At least I know you guys understand the whole GI scare issues, we have all been there!

Archived