This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Dunkin Donuts

skichikk18

skichikk18 Rookie

Does anyone know if dunkin donuts hot chocolate is gluten free? I am new to this whole gluten free diet and I feel like I know nothing. It is so confusing!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lizard00 Enthusiast

I have no idea. Have you tried their website, emailing or calling them? I have found the email responses I have received to be very helpful.

njbeachbum Explorer

ooooh if you find out, let me know! i LOVED the white hot chocolate before i was diagnosed :(

or get this.... a combo cup of 1/2 white hot chocolate and 1/2 coffee. yum.

maybe i'll call... haha, it's cold as hell in jersey this week!

~joe

ravenwoodglass Mentor

With all the flour drifting around in one of these shops even if the cocoa itself is gluten free it most likely won't be by the time you get it. Please use a great deal of caution if you decide to try it. Personally I wouldn't touch anything from there.

HAK1031 Enthusiast

here you go: https://dunkindonuts.com/aboutus/nutrition/...s&id=DD-969

it doesn't list gluten ingredients, but I would be concerned about CC- they might share machines, or even jsut the employee's gloves could be contaminated.

Cinnamon Apprentice

I worked at a Dunkin Donuts years ago as a teenager, and I still remember the baker opening a huge 30-lb bag of flour and dumping into an enormous mixer along with all the other ingredients. The cloud of flour that would rise up was almost like a mushroom cloud from an atomic bomb! I'm sure it drifted all around the store. I would be in the back cleaning up, then handling the donuts, then working the register, etc. I'm sure we were all covered with flour. I would go home at the end of the day and my grandmother would say, "you smell like a donut". I would be extremely cautious!

skichikk18 Rookie
I worked at a Dunkin Donuts years ago as a teenager, and I still remember the baker opening a huge 30-lb bag of flour and dumping into an enormous mixer along with all the other ingredients. The cloud of flour that would rise up was almost like a mushroom cloud from an atomic bomb! I'm sure it drifted all around the store. I would be in the back cleaning up, then handling the donuts, then working the register, etc. I'm sure we were all covered with flour. I would go home at the end of the day and my grandmother would say, "you smell like a donut". I would be extremely cautious!

That is a very good point that I never even thought about. I guess I will be avoiding it!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jkmunchkin Rising Star

I drink the tea and white hot chocolate from Dunkin Donuts all the time and have never had a problem.

Actually my cousin's husband owns several Dunkin Donuts. Most locations don't make their own donuts or baked goods. They are made at 1 central location and then shipped to all the others. More than often if there are a few locations within several miles of each other they are all owned by the same person, so it is easy to do this. In my cousins instance he has 1 building a few miles from all the locations where everything is made.

Not to say there isn't still a risk of cc just from having all the donuts and stuff around but I've never had an issue.

gooddawg315 Newbie

I drink D&D caramel swirl lattes all the time. I have not had a problem. Ths caramel they use is gluten free. The D&D in my area(CT) use a separate machine that dispenses the milk/espresso. Maybe where you are they still make the flavored lattes/coffee the"old way"on the counter. The donuts are not made on site here either. The hot chocolates are gluten free, but not for other allergies (dairy,corn), but they have a high fat content. I have gallbladder issues, so I get my drinks with skim milk. If I am in need of a "chocolate fix", I get a skim mocha latte. If you go to the D&D website, and look under nutritional info, everything is spelled out for you, including the top 7 food allergies. Good luck

• 11 months later...
pookie91260 Rookie

Hi,

I too am recently diagnosed. I have learned quite a bit from emailing manufacturers. Some go out of their way to be helpful and others can't be bothered. Some, such as Ken's salad dresings, have online lists of different products that are gluten free. I love Dunkin Donuts hot chocolate, but would be afraid of contamination. I have made 2 mistakes as far as contamination goes, one with a toaster and one with peanut butter and became quite ill. Swiss Miss sugar free cocoa is gluten free. Try that its not bad, or make your own with gluten free dark chocolate.

good luck

• 9 years later...
Janet D Newbie

Does anyone know if this gluten-free browie is also milk free??

Archived