Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sweetfudge

Shopping For Zinc Supplements

Which supplement brands are the best? And where do you purchase yours?

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I take Radiance Chelated Zinc, 50mg.

I think I got it at a chain drugstore - Long's or Walgreen's.

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

I use Nature Made. All of their vitamins and supplements say "Gluten Free" right on the bottle. You can buy them at almost any pharmacy. CVS and Rite-Aid sometimes have them on sale (buy one/get one free or buy one get one 1/2 off). You can even earn "Wellness Rewards" coupons by entering the code number on the bottle. I got a $5.00 off coupon with the last code I entered.

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease April 2005

Diabetic

I saw one from NOW Foods which is Zinc Picolinate. They state gluten-free as well as dairy free, soy free, etc, etc on the bottle. This form is one of the better ones from what I've read.

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

I saw one from NOW Foods which is Zinc Picolinate. They state gluten-free as well as dairy free, soy free, etc, etc on the bottle. This form is one of the better ones from what I've read.

I was just going to ask about NOW, it is the brand my local health food sells and i was hoping someone would like it, im not looking for zinc per se tho, but its nice to know others like and use NOW.

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

I was just going to ask about NOW, it is the brand my local health food sells and i was hoping someone would like it, im not looking for zinc per se tho, but its nice to know others like and use NOW.

paula

Both NOW and Source Naturals have a policy of labeling there stuff with a "free from" list. It's nice to see gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free, soy-free, etc. Also, NOW Foods customer support is about the fastest I've ever seen. I've actually gotten answers back in like 20 minutes.

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

awesome! thanks guys and gals!

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.