Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FoxersArtist

What's Your Blood Type?

I'm O+, and my fiance is A+ (though he's not celiac or gluten/wheat intollerant). I love red meats and they make me feel so much better if I haven't eaten them in a while. I try to eat it one every week/every other week. He on the other hand can't handle red meats as well. I know both of my parents are O+ and the celiac comes from my dad's side. I'm trying to talk my dad into getting tested as he now has diabetes and his mother and myself have celiac. He's just too damn stubborn though.

I'm O+ but am a vegetarian. Never handled meat well and now it just grosses me out. Of course I haven't had it since I gave up gluten, but I sure do enjoy my veggies! Not sure about my girls blood type, the older one loves meat and the younger could care less. Interesting theory.

My husband, Daughter and I are all O+.

I've actually looked in on this. Dr. D'Adamo has written several books based on blood type diets.

I found the diet to be rather helpful to me. He does have a website: http://www.dadamo.com

He says that those that are non secreters (meaning you do not secrete your blood antigen into other body fluids

such as saliva the like) are 200% more likely to develop Celiac disease.

There's been a good bit of research. But it, like most ideas that are not mainstream are looked down upon.

I think he has a point.

My Natropath (sp?) says that it's still quite "one size fits all". My thoughts are that it's a great place to start.

The B blood type minority does not surprise me a bit. They're supposed to handle grains well.

Those that have Celiac may very well be non secreters.

I find the topic quite fascinating.

That's my ramble. :D

U.S. Blood-type Distribution

O+ 38 percent of population

A+ 34 percent of population

B+ 9 percent of population

O- 7 percent of population

A- 6 percent of population

AB+ 3 percent of population

B- 2 percent of population

AB- 1 percent of population

There are way more Os and As out there

No wonder we B's are in the minority!

O neg here......as are both mykids, though one has allergies he seems ok on gluten so far.

I'm O+, but I love (looove) meat. Always have. Dairy too. Might be a holdover from the 'I'm too skinny' days when I was trying to fatten myself up, but I just feel like crap if I go 36 hours without animal meat. Eggs and cheese don't even quite do it. We have lots of fish and chicken and cow and buffalo and lamb even. I hate shellfish though, not allergic, I just think it's slimy and squishy and ew. I used to like fried shrimp, but good luck finding that gluten free.

Munkee- good luck with your dad.

Seems like a pretty even split between O's and A's which make up most of the population. So I dont see a specific connection to type O.

Well shoot. If 72% of the population are O+ and A+ and that's the majority of blood types here, this tells us nothing. LOL. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

-Anna