Amyleigh0007

My Doctor Actually Listened To Me This Time!

Rate this topic

I showed him my gene test results. He said 30 years ago he would have laughed at gene testing. But his daughter is going through med school right now and she said that everything is being dx by gene testing. He said based on the gene testing and my positive response to the diet that he can comfortably diagnose me with Celiac. He said he was shocked that people now can order gene testing over the internet without a doctor's permission. :lol:

"He said he was shocked that people now can order gene testing over the internet without a doctor's permission. laugh."

:lol::lol::lol:

This man still has much to learn. The noive of it, to take away from doctors the key to the vault that contains medical information. :lol:

He would probably be horrified to learn that in New Zealand you can refer yourself to a physical therapist, too. As for the idea that you can self-diagnose and actually be right..... it defies the imagination.

"He said he was shocked that people now can order gene testing over the internet without a doctor's permission. laugh."

:lol::lol::lol:

This man still has much to learn. The noive of it, to take away from doctors the key to the vault that contains medical information. :lol:

He would probably be horrified to learn that in New Zealand you can refer yourself to a physical therapist, too. As for the idea that you can self-diagnose and actually be right..... it defies the imagination.

Well, he has been in the profession for at least 30 years ;) So he probably doesn't quite grasp just what you can fully do online yet :lol:

Congrats though for the "official what you already knew" diagnosis! (sounds weird congratulating someone for being diagnosed with Celiac...)

Congratulations!

It must feel good to finally get an "official" diagnosis.

I'm just curious, what genes came up positive through EnteroLab? Because I had all tests come up negative (including the genetic tests the doctor ordered). And would also like an official diagnosis just for s$#&s and giggles.

Thanks

I am glad the visit went well and you were able to teach your doctor something. Now on to the business of healing!!!!!!

Congratulations! Now you can keep your dr and kudos to him for changing with the science and not being stubborn.

Congratulations!

It must feel good to finally get an "official" diagnosis.

I'm just curious, what genes came up positive through EnteroLab? Because I had all tests come up negative (including the genetic tests the doctor ordered). And would also like an official diagnosis just for s$#&s and giggles.

Thanks

Thanks everyone! I feel vindicated! He seemed much more open minded then the previous times I had seen him. I think a lot has to do with his daughter going through med school and updating him on what's going on right now.

Gfresh- I had gluten sensitivity gene testing done through Enterolab (no doctors order needed). It turns out I have a Celiac gene (DQ 8) and a gluten sensitivity gene (I'm not sure what that is specifically). Because I have both genes I have an even greater chance of developing Celiac/gluten sensitivity. Going through Enterolab was a very easy process. It took about 16 days to get my results.

I am happy for you that your Doctor has finally seen the light! Happy Healing!