Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cbear6301

For Those Who Are Super Sensitive And Love To Snack

ok.. so I know that I don't make good choices all the time and love to snack. I don't cheat but I do love to snack. I am also super super sensitive to gluten which includes cross contamination. I can't tolerate chex and now I know that my frito products are no longer safe. I have been so sick and I have a bag of ruffles in the cabinet. I love cereal, I love snacks.. I love chips.. in moderation but a small bowl at night or while watching football is perfect for me. For those who are snackers and super sensitive, what do you eat? Is there a safe chip?

Went gluten-free 4-1-09 after years of being sick suggested by a fluke visit to a new chiropractor

I had been sick since I was little but no one ever knew why.

IBS

Migraines

Vertigo

Miscarriages and lost my third child to stillbirth

Liver and Spleen problems

Lactose Intolerance

Anxiety

hair loss

Hypoglycemia

Foggy Brain

Joint pain-diagnosed with Fibromylagia

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

ok.. so I know that I don't make good choices all the time and love to snack. I don't cheat but I do love to snack. I am also super super sensitive to gluten which includes cross contamination. I can't tolerate chex and now I know that my frito products are no longer safe. I have been so sick and I have a bag of ruffles in the cabinet. I love cereal, I love snacks.. I love chips.. in moderation but a small bowl at night or while watching football is perfect for me. For those who are snackers and super sensitive, what do you eat? Is there a safe chip?

I like orville redenbachers popcorn for snacking - I had the butter oil last nite and was fine with it - I'm not fine with tostitos.

I also like veggies and homemade dips.......satisfies my crunch when I add the veggies I like - cukes - celery - and sugar snap peas. You can also do a 'polish firecracker' that's a green onion wrapped in ham with cream cheese....but I do fine with Claussen pickle spears.

Nut Thins crackers are also good for that crunch!

I also can do the Celebration Cinema popcorn - oh yeah!

Take everything away from me - food, habits...take it all! But don't touch my bacon! You can NOT have my bacon!

I eat Santitas white corn chips made by Frito Lay. Anyway, I am what we call super sensitive. I have never had a problem with these. The ingredients are: Whole White Corn, Vegetable oil (Contains One or More of the following: Corn, Sunflower, or Soybean Oil), and salt. No Preservatives. I have a problem with soy but these havn't bothered me at all, thank goodness.

I make a snack out of Hormel canned chicken breast, it's canned like tuna, the ingredients are: Chicken Breast with Rib Meat, Water, Contains 2% or less of Salt, Modified Potato Starch, Sodium Phosphates. Gluten Free, No MSG added. I have a nightshade problem also and this hasn't bothered me. Anyway, I mix it with my gluten free mayo and pickles and it makes a delicious snack with the chips. MMMMMmmmm good. Try it, you might like it.

Lupus, Connective Tissue Disease with Fibro type symptoms, Anemia, Anxiety, Depression, RA, Rynauds Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Erosive Gastritis, Osteoporosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Scoliosis, Bulging discs in lower back and neck, Pinched Nerves.

Soy free, MSG free, mostly Dairy free. Endoscopy shows blunted Villi which dr states as gluten sensitivity, so goin back to being gluten free

I love Glutino gluten-free pretzels! If potato chips are what you are looking for Utz , Boulder Canyon, Michael Season's chips appear to be safe but be sure to read the labels for each flavor....hth

mamaw

thanks.. i love gluten free pretzels too but they are pricey. I will try the lays staks and the utz chips..I appreciate all the advice.. thank you..

Went gluten-free 4-1-09 after years of being sick suggested by a fluke visit to a new chiropractor

I had been sick since I was little but no one ever knew why.

IBS

Migraines

Vertigo

Miscarriages and lost my third child to stillbirth

Liver and Spleen problems

Lactose Intolerance

Anxiety

hair loss

Hypoglycemia

Foggy Brain

Joint pain-diagnosed with Fibromylagia

For chips, I mostly stick with Mission corn tortilla chips or strips. We eat lots of popcorn here, too. I make it in an air popper and can season it however I want. :)

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007

IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive

Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008

Soy free Jan 09

I roasted chestnuts last night! They were surprisingly easy to do and a nice treat -- something different.

Gluten Intolerant with double HLA-DQ6. Pre-diagnosis: Weight gain, swelling, diarrhea, mouth sores, back pain, body aches, fatigue, muscle weakness, BRAIN FOG, runny nose, recurrent sinus infections, bruising, low white cell count (whole life), and more. My feet were so bad, I could hardly walk. Toward the end: Chronic Vit. D deficiency (almost no D in my body despite a quality multi-vit. each day).

There is hope! Gluten-free since Sept. '09, and I have my life back - I feel better than in many, many years!

Favorite quotation: "You must do the thing you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt