jasonD2

Did I Do The Right Thing?

Rate this topic

I was out with my friend last night and at the bar i saw a urologist that i went to years ago who pumped me full of 6 months worth of antibiotics for no reason and this incidentally is what destroyed my insides and gave me food allergies and celiac disease; im convinced his ignorance is what is responsible for all my problems today. Anyway this Dr is an arrogant cocky jerk, would make me wait over an hour in his waiting room before he saw me and was rude and inconsiderate and show no sympathy towards me. Ultimately another doctor helped with my urinary issues, but by then it was too late and all the damage was done.

He was at the bar with his wife and I so wanted to curse him out and tell him how he ruined me life, or just spit in his face..but i didnt. i was with my friend and didnt want to make a scene and just walked away.

still seeing him brought back bad memories and ruined my night. sorry if this sounds psychotic or immature but did i do the right thing by not confronting him? He definitely spotted me and knew who i was but ignored me

You did the right thing. That's VERY big of you to not do that. I understand what you mean by that. My doctor almost KILLED me when I was younger.

I know exactly how you feel, but stuff like that never helps. You would've been kicked out, blahblahblah and it wouldn't have made you feel better. All you have to do is just shove it off to the side.

I don't believe in god or anything, but I DO believe that everything happens for a reason. For example, one of the reasons why I have celiac disease, I think, is to make me healthier... in a sense. I used to eat REALLY bad. Now I eat amazingly healthy and I LOVE it. The pain sucks... but yeah.

Good for you though, not starting anything. *Applauds you*

Well done, Jason. Some people are beyond education, so there's really no point in trying to tell anything to someone who already knows it all :P

I have wanted to write some of the Dr.s that diagnosed me w/ random wrong things and just tell them it was GLUTEN! please dont continue to miss this with other patients! you did the right thing for sure. it is hard when you have suffered for such a long time to not want justice though.

I could've just splashed my drink in his face...maybe i woulda been kicked out of the bar but who cares...grrr

Be happy you didn't! Seriously, it's the bigger thing to do. You say he looked at you and knew who you were but said nothing? Obviously that's not being the bigger person.

So be pleased with yourself that you are. Being positive is a gooood thing, trust me!

I did write a doctor and a naturopath who misdiagnosed me, and enclosed an information sheet that I compiled on Celiac Disease. I could have used some of your restraint at the time, as I recall rashly sending it off with great angry enthusiasm and wish I'd have edited. It was quite early into my self-diagnosis.

But I've kept that information sheet and give it to family, friends and other doctors. I've even posted it at work (psychiatrists office), just to spread the information.

Good job Jason! Wouldn't have done any good to get in a fight & you could have ended up finding out what passes for gluten-free in jail. You could send him a note detailing everything that happened but I doubt he would read past the first 2 lines. If you do want to do that, write it & wait a few days. Then re-read & have someone or 2 or 3 someones read it first. Good restraint. Love - mom :P

You took the high road, Jason--you did the right thing.

I have to add that I understand completely the rage and frustration you felt towards him, and how good it would have felt for that one second to toss your drink in his face. ;)

Way to go! You definitely did the right thing. It would have done nothing to assuage your frustration and anger and only given him the right to blame you. Why give him that power?

Regardless of his poor treatment, you are taking control of your life and finding the answers he was too incompetent to discover. Take pride in that, and know that one day he will get his. God, karma, whatever. Stay strong and focus your energy on feeling as healthy as you can.

Thanks for all your support! A roundhouse kick to his skull would have been nice, but I know I did the right thing as well :)

Thanks for all your support! A roundhouse kick to his skull would have been nice, but I know I did the right thing as well :)

Sometimes the fantasy is SO much more satisfying than the reality (yes, I'm speaking from experience) so I say keep on daydreaming about that roundhouse to the head! Jerk. That, and telling everyone you know not to use that doctor is better revenge anyway. (Is it against board rules for him to tell us so we can avoid this doctor?)

It is not against the rules to name names, but Rule 1 applies. The wording in the opening post was okay because it did not identify the "arrogant cocky jerk," but to name him now would not be appropriate.

His name is Dr. Ahole ;) Hows that?

That's my GI doc's name!

What a coincidence--I had one of those too! :lol:

I had a Dr. Ahole, Dr. Moron, Dr. Idiot.

I would write a letter and send it to him with specific info about your lab results. Not an angry one, even though you want to send an angry one, but an informative one. I would make it short as possible. I called a couple of my old docs just to let them know and I plainly said "If you have another patient with an unexplained array of symptoms, please consider testing them for celiac."

That's my GI doc's name!

OMG - that's my GI's name, too! We all must be neighbors.