This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

IrishHeart Veteran

I've tested and found that as long as I only indulge a little I won't get a rash, so I went ahead and made a pizza with fresh mozzarella. The crust is the perfect in between of crispy and chewy and I ate almost half a pizza. :ph34r: I'm going to have to get the dust off my elliptical tomorrow or go buy some new spanx.

spanx :lol: um, I am not sure spanx are gonna help me one bit. If I put them manage to shoe horn them on, I fear I would just look redunkulous.

All seriousness?

I am so so happy for you that got this little bit o'eating heaven back again. yaay! xx

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

GottaSki Mentor

I am intolerant of spanx - part of my heat weirdness.

I did however have one piece of candied bacon on Christmas morn - thanks for the idea Addie - my men were extremely appreciative as well :D

Adalaide Mentor

I wish I had remembered candied bacon! I used just a few slices in my cornbread pudding and had a bunch leftover and just cooked some for my husband. Normal, regular, frying in a pan. Obviously I'm a terrible wife, feeding my man ordinary bacon on Christmas. :lol: I'm glad your men were happy. Mine seemed happy just to have a hot breakfast, that doesn't happen often around here.

GottaSki Mentor

I wish I had remembered candied bacon! I used just a few slices in my cornbread pudding and had a bunch leftover and just cooked some for my husband. Normal, regular, frying in a pan. Obviously I'm a terrible wife, feeding my man ordinary bacon on Christmas. :lol: I'm glad your men were happy. Mine seemed happy just to have a hot breakfast, that doesn't happen often around here.

Lol - twas your idea and my suggestion on Christmas morning - yet was my men that prepared it - quite well I may add ;)

mushroom Proficient

Lol - twas your idea and my suggestion on Christmas morning - yet was my men that prepared it - quite well I may add ;)

By the way, you and your man look good vertical, and in your non-spanx.

GottaSki Mentor

By the way, you and your man look good vertical, and in your non-spanx.

Thanks Shroom- that is my 19 year old - my genetic twin unfortunately - has had to remove a bit more than gluten - on Leap Day 2012 - just before the last flare that took me out in March. G R E A T to be up and planning even partial days back in the snow :D

kareng Grand Master

Question for the Bacon Jam aficionados - Is it best hot, straight from the crockpot? Or cooled? Or do you re- heat it?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GottaSki Mentor

Heated - either straight from the crock or re-heat for subsequent servings

Enjoy!

Adalaide Mentor

Encore George. What exactly is Encore George? Well, every year we name our ham (or turkey for Thanksgiving) and this year we named him George. Before bed I'll have my stock finished and the rest of George will be canned to be parsed out through the remainder of the year.

Also, I think I just made my husband feel bad. I'm all about lemon or lime, not so much on orange. But, I made the cookies orange just for him. And I just offered him one of the two left that I didn't freeze and he didn't want it. I asked if he didn't like them and he looked all guilty and grabbed one and started eating it because he knows I made them just for him. Poor guy, I didn't mean to make him feel bad. I like them just fine and will be more than happy to eat them up myself! He just needs to buy me new pants. :lol:

love2travel Mentor

I've been busy with going hither and yon and having company the past couple of days. Now everyone is gone and I am home alone while hubby travelled three hours to watch a hockey game. Peace and quiet. So, I made myself pork cracklings (almost as good as or equivalent to BACON) and:

Thai Green Chicken Curry (tons of lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves...)

Kaffir Lime-Infused Jasmine Rice

Spicy Cucumber Salad

And leftover coconut cream cake with coconut buttercream and toasted hazelnuts on top.

Pretty much had a good old-fashioned pig out session. Not that I needed to, but sometimes a girl's just got to do what a girl's got to do! :P

IrishHeart Veteran

Question for the Bacon Jam aficionados - Is it best hot, straight from the crockpot? Or cooled? Or do you re- heat it?

You can spread it on cold --works just fine. I used it on buttered toast that way. I served it room temp for spreading on crackers so it was not too thin , but I did heat it briefly in the micro in a small ramekin for spreading on burgers.

love2travel Mentor

You can spread it on cold --works just fine. I used it on buttered toast that way. I served it room temp for spreading on crackers so it was not too thin , but I did heat it briefly in the micro in a small ramekin for spreading on burgers.

Hi, Irish! Missed ya. ;)

You know what else is good? Sprinkle thick bread with a good melting cheese such as Provolone (Cheddar not as good), top with bacon jam and slices of pear and broil. Oh, MAN! I can't stand it.

IrishHeart Veteran

I've been busy with "going hither" and " yon "

aha, I see.....So THOSE are the cabana boys' names .....

love2travel Mentor

aha, I see.....So THOSE are the cabana boys' names .....

Um...yeah. You should become a PI or sleuth. (blushing)

IrishHeart Veteran

Um...yeah. You should become a PI or sleuth. (blushing)

actually, funny you should mention this.... but I DID work with a detective agency/lawyer back in the 80's. (summer work when school was out) and I did some very interesting investigative work....ah, good times...but I digress. I missed you, too and I hope you had a wonderful Christmas weekend.

So, dinner tonight?

Encore Fred

He is the lasagne I made last night.

Yes, we name our lasagnes every year........ ;)

GottaSki Mentor

I am having zucchinni "noodles" again - broke out the new julienne mandolin this morning and have gone a bit zu-noodle crazy today.

love2travel Mentor

I am having zucchinni "noodles" again - broke out the new julienne mandolin this morning and have gone a bit zu-noodle crazy today.

Your meal sounds just a touch healthier than mine. But thankfully tomorrow is a new day filled with greens and vinaigrettes! :P Don't you just love mandolines? Mine gets good workouts, too.

Adalaide Mentor

actually, funny you should mention this.... but I DID work with a detective agency/lawyer back in the 80's. (summer work when school was out) and I did some very interesting investigative work....ah, good times...but I digress. I missed you, too and I hope you had a wonderful Christmas weekend.

So, dinner tonight?

Encore Fred

He is the lasagne I made last night.

Yes, we name our lasagnes every year........ ;)

Some people have such weird traditions. :P

I'm assuming you still have electricity tonight to cook Fred the Lasagne? Hopefully it stays that way for you!

IrishHeart Veteran

Don't you just love mandolines? .

Sadly, I am not allowed to use the mandoline as I am accident prone, but hubs can work it and I am so glad--- as it helped me make the best potato gratin EVER on Christmas Eve. I always made it just fine, I thought, but this recipe? is crazy good.!

I added a good dash of nutmeg (because I like it in most creamy, cheesy or egg dishes.)

http://leitesculinar...n.html#comments

IrishHeart Veteran

Some people have such weird traditions. :P

I'm assuming you still have electricity tonight to cook Fred the Lasagne? Hopefully it stays that way for you!

But, I like weird traditions--don't you? :D

Still snowing like mad, but yes, this week it stayed on. Good thing; the generator is broken.

And Encore Fred ........well, he .was even better than last night.

(hope that is not taken out of context.............that could sound a tad risque.)

GottaSki Mentor

Your meal sounds just a touch healthier than mine. But thankfully tomorrow is a new day filled with greens and vinaigrettes! :P Don't you just love mandolines? Mine gets good workouts, too.

Yep - my regular slice mandoline works great for the dehydrated pears I love to snack on.

IH - I can't do doubles on cell, but wanted to tell you the "helper" at my local cookware shop showed me a special glove that one can use to prevent accidents - tho hubs slicing is a better solution.

Adalaide Mentor

But, I like weird traditions--don't you? :D

Still snowing like mad, but yes, this week it stayed on. Good thing; the generator is broken.

And Encore Fred ........well, he .was even better than last night.

(hope that is not taken out of context.............that could sound a tad risque.)

Yes, yes it could. This is what happens when you put a bunch of us girls together! :lol:

And yes, weird traditions are by far the best. If they make other people look at you kind of funny and question your sanity, you are definitely doing it right!

IrishHeart Veteran

Yep - my regular slice mandoline works great for the dehydrated pears I love to snack on.

IH - I can't do doubles on cell, but wanted to tell you the "helper" at my local cookware shop showed me a special glove that one can use to prevent accidents - tho hubs slicing is a better solution.

The Hubs is in charge of certain jobs around here: car repairs, plumbing, electrical work, running the rototiller, running the weed whacker and edge trimmer, running the electrical hedge shears, digging big holes, handling very sharp objects,using the mandoline, running the vacuum, and grocery shopping. Whenever I have tried to do any of those, I have hurt myself. Therefore, these jobs have been taken away from me. :unsure:

Yes, yes it could. This is what happens when you put a bunch of us girls together! :lol:

And yes, weird traditions are by far the best. If they make other people look at you kind of funny and question your sanity, you are definitely doing it right!

The first year we were married, I convinced the hubs that it was an old Armenian tradition to open one gift on Christmas Eve EVE. He did not buy it at first. So, I called my Dad and asked him to explain it to him. My Dad played along and gave this elaborate explanation making up a fake saint and the story of the bestowing of gifts to the poor villagers, blah blah blah ........and thus, the CEE tradition was passed down. Whether he actually fell for it or not is moot. We do it anyway. He finds it is best to just go along.

Dinner tonight:

I have to rethink our traditional "Friday is pizza night" plan. I had too much Fred the past two days

and too much potato gratin and frankly, I'm kind of "cheesed out." After losing dairy/cheese for a year and happily getting it back again, I never thought I hear myself say those words. But, there it is.

GottaSki Mentor

The Hubs is in charge of certain jobs around here: car repairs, plumbing, electrical work, running the rototiller, running the weed whacker and edge trimmer, running the electrical hedge shears, digging big holes, handling very sharp objects,using the mandoline, running the vacuum, and grocery shopping. Whenever I have tried to do any of those, I have hurt myself. Therefore, these jobs have been taken away from me. :unsure:

ummmmm -- perhaps it is just me -- but that sounds like a pretty good deal :D

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

We have friends for dinner, roast chicken and veg. Seen off the last of the turkey encores today. My Mum loves turkey soup so we helped her freezer...

Contemplating whole30 next week. I am seeing a dietitian soon, bet they''ll hate it. I need to lose plenty, am feeling quite a lot better and think some elimination tests would be good. I need to try dairy free properly, hence I am trying to fit 30 days worth of cheese in by Monday. I love stilton and believe it is a reasonable ingredient for any meal.