This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Well, Here We Go Again.

txplowgirl

txplowgirl Enthusiast

For those of you who have kept up with my posts. Well, I bet you won't be surprised to hear this but I kicked my SO out of my life again. He didn't really change. He just acted like it. He glutened and cc'd me several times but it was the condesending attitude and the control issues that went with it that did it.

The "little bit can't hurt" to "making a mountain out of a molehill" to the "you're just spoiled", but it went really downhill when he told me that I was getting my hair done. He even went so far as to make an appointment at the hairdressers and told me it would be done the way he wanted it as well as a few other things. So, here we go again, but this time it's for good.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Sorry things didn't work out but I think you made the right choice kicking him to the curb.

kareng Grand Master

For those of you who have kept up with my posts. Well, I bet you won't be surprised to hear this but I kicked my SO out of my life again. He didn't really change. He just acted like it. He glutened and cc'd me several times but it was the condesending attitude and the control issues that went with it that did it.

The "little bit can't hurt" to "making a mountain out of a molehill" to the "you're just spoiled", but it went really downhill when he told me that I was getting my hair done. He even went so far as to make an appointment at the hairdressers and told me it would be done the way he wanted it as well as a few other things. So, here we go again, but this time it's for good.

Sorry. I guess, sometimes you can't teach an old dog new tricks ( especially if he doesn't want to learn).

Marz Enthusiast

Whoa, controlling! You definitely made the right decision - what's the point staying with someone like that, you have no idea how much worse he'll get in the years ahead. You deserve someone who will respect you, your feelings, your problems, not minimize and belittle them.

Skylark Collaborator

Sorry it didn't work out, but you did the right thing. This must be hard as I remember you really cared for him.

jerseyangel Proficient

I agree with everyone that I'm sorry you have to go through this again but you will be much better off without him. Take care :)

txplowgirl Enthusiast

Thanks everyone, at least i figured this out before I married him, actually, this time i'm not all that upset over it. I tried making it work, I gave him my all, it wasn't meant to be. I have no regrets, time to move on.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Thanks everyone, at least i figured this out before I married him, actually, this time i'm not all that upset over it. I tried making it work, I gave him my all, it wasn't meant to be. I have no regrets, time to move on.

You have a great outlook on the whole thing--onward and upward! :D

mushroom Proficient

Yes, it was definitely time to get truckin', so to speak :rolleyes: It is sad when one tries so hard to make something work and then gets treated so badly. I hereby designate him now as your 'insignificant other' :)

lovegrov Collaborator

As a guy, I'll join in the chorus. No matter how hard you tried, you weren't going to change him. In fact, in most cases a person like this becomes even MORE controlling after marriage and sometimes even violent. You would have been completely miserable and divorce would have been inevitable.

richard

Judy3 Contributor

As a guy, I'll join in the chorus. No matter how hard you tried, you weren't going to change him. In fact, in most cases a person like this becomes even MORE controlling after marriage and sometimes even violent. You would have been completely miserable and divorce would have been inevitable.

richard

Thank you Richard for a man's opinion. I agree. I was in a situation like this and couldn't even go to the bathroom without him standing outside the door talking to me. I think he thought I was going to make the great escape out the window. Come to think of it I should have.. would have saved me a lot of grief. Anyway to the original poster of this thread... carry on young woman carry on!! ;)

Emilushka Contributor

I divorced my ex before Celiac, but as a divorcee, there comes a time when you are past the point of no return. Kudos to you for recognizing that while simultaneously honoring your marriage vows. It's a fine balance, and it's hard when other people don't understand it. MORE POWER TO YOU say I.

*HUGS*

Archived