This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Nutella

AmandaD

AmandaD Community Regular

HI other Celiacs -

Do you guys eat Nutella? I was just curious and wanted to try it....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

love2travel Mentor

Not really a chocolate fan but I love hazelnuts! Many people adore it. It's all over the place in Italy from gelato to crepes. It would be lovely melted and drizzled over vanilla bean ice cream or even desserts, cakes or cookies (if you like chocolate and hazelnuts, that is!). :)

Wenmin Enthusiast

Yes, it is gluten free. Had some for breakfast this morning.

Wenmin

arabookworm Newbie

Yes, it is gluten free. Had some for breakfast this morning.

Wenmin

I'd just like to say that learning this has officially made my day. I just tried my first slice of gluten-free bread, and it almost made me cry, so the fact that I can still have nutella came as a very pleasant surprise.

Roda Rising Star

Gosh, I love the stuff. I buy the big container and it's not big enough!! :wub::lol:

eatmeat4good Enthusiast

I love Nutella!

When I discovered it was gluten free, I knew I could survive.

Toasted Udi's bread with Nutella and a cup of coffee is heaven. :rolleyes:

Reminds me of my old chocolate croissants.

kellynolan82 Explorer

I'd just like to say that learning this has officially made my day. I just tried my first slice of gluten-free bread, and it almost made me cry, so the fact that I can still have nutella came as a very pleasant surprise.

Which gluten free bread did you try? What brand? Let me know so I consider avoiding it. I hear Udi's is really good, the best in the USA. You'll get more used to it :)

I never miss *regular* shelf bread. I think it's DISGUSTING! I'd make bread at home if I could eat gluten again. The stuff they add to wheaten shelf bread is disgusting: soy flour, corn syrup, etc. Yuck. Normal breads on the shelf look terrible too.

I find this diet to be really healthy. Nutella is good. Over here in Australia I get Nutino spread. I find it several times better than nutella :D

All the best!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kellynolan82 Explorer

I love Nutella!

Agreed!

eatmeat4good Enthusiast

Well dang, now I want access to some Nutino! :D

Can you hook me up? :lol::lol::lol:

K8ling Enthusiast

NUTELLA HOW I LOVE THEE

LET ME EAT THE WAYS!!!!!

1) on anything

2) with anything

3)by itself

4) I LOVE YOU NUTELLA!!!!!!!

killernj13 Enthusiast

There is a great recipe for stuffed french toast using UDI's cinnamon raisin bread, nutella etc. It is very good and I never thought I would enjoy the whole chocolate on bread thing.

Will post later.

deezer Apprentice

HI other Celiacs -

Do you guys eat Nutella? I was just curious and wanted to try it....

No, because it has milk in it. However, Jason's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter is very very good

Macbre Explorer

I felt the same way about bread until I tasted "Canyon Bakehouse" gluten-free bread. I can eat it plain. Has the same texture as the bread I ate prior to going gluten-free & a great flavor. I haven't tried Nutella, I'll have to do that soon!

• 4 months later...
kellynolan82 Explorer

Well dang, now I want access to some Nutino! :D

Can you hook me up? :lol::lol::lol:

It's really nice. And (unlike all the other chocolate spreads I've ever seen) it uses sunflower lecithin instead of *the usual* soy lecithin we tend to find in *everything*!!! B)

josh052980 Enthusiast

That stuff is crack in a little tiny jar... It's AMAZING.

eatmeat4good Enthusiast

:lol::lol::lol:

Yes it is!! B)

love2travel Mentor

Should anyone be interested homemade nutella is more delicious and simple to make...

Open Original Shared Link

Roda Rising Star

Should anyone be interested homemade nutella is more delicious and simple to make...

Open Original Shared Link

Yum! I want to try that. I know I will be hunting down some hazel nuts now.

love2travel Mentor

Yum! I want to try that. I know I will be hunting down some hazel nuts now.

Great! I'd be interested in hearing your opinion. I never purchase ready-made stuff (except Worcestershire and soy sauce and the occasional bread/bun). If I see something I want I find a way to make it. So, I'm curious! :)

• 4 weeks later...
anabananakins Explorer

Nutella is a staple when I'm travelling. It doesn't require refrigeration and it's yummy, so you don't feel deprived. Plus after a few days of living on a diet of chex cereal and nutella sandwiches I'm so sugared up that I'm thrilled to eat vegetables again.

Monklady123 Collaborator

I love Nutella!

Yum. This is one of my favorite breakfasts. In fact, I just bought some Udi's yesterday. Guess what I'm having for breakfast? lol.

lucia Enthusiast

When I feel like a treat, I sometimes add a spoonful to a bowl of yogurt - easy, delicious & still somewhat healthy.

MJ-S Contributor

I miss Nutella dearly.

Can't do dairy, and hazelnut was one of the only things that came up positive with allergy skin tests (even though I never noticed a problem with it - go figure).

One the plus side, I don't miss the calories! laugh.gif

Archived