superfob

What Do You Do All Day?

Rate this topic

Just wondering, what do you guys usually do when you have bad brain fog/or when you use to have it, or with other health issues? I'm still trying to recover my mental function (think I might have been glutened recently, or have sensitivities I haven't worked out), but I feel like a zombie (or I'm drugged) all the time. I can't speak with others clearly, understand things I'm reading, can't exercise without feeling worse. I basically spend my days zoned out, preparing meals, reading up online about how I might improve my condition, watching TV shows, etc. Nothing is particularly enjoyable when my brain cannot process things.

On another note, I'm feeling more out of it than usual this week. Can small amounts of CC lead to increasing brain fog without no major reaction? Or is it because I stopped taking my B12 a week ago? Or maybe because of other sensitivities? I've already eliminated a lot of things - basically just eating meat, veggies, rice, sweet potatoes now (and also a few supplements that should be gluten free). BTW, I have only been gluten free 4 weeks so I probably need more time.

Thanks

If someone can help with the kids, I tend to try and sleep a lot when I get brain fog. Lots of music that is upbeat or soothing helps me, personally. I also enjoy getting my hands dirty - gardening stuff is a big one for me.

I hate to cook with brain fog, because I almost always burn myself or slice myself with the knives. Or forget the stove is on and burn something. Kind of scares me, you know?

I tend to get on-line a lot, too, though. Read a little, but like you said - it's not so enjoyable when I'm out of it. I've tried doing hobbies, but they always end up terrible.

On the feeling bad front? It could be a couple of the things that you've mentioned, or you could be just recovering still, or you accidentally got glutened, ya know?

For the meat - is it luncheon meat? That can be cc'd. Is it from the butcher's at the grocery store? If so, you might want to check if it was cut up near any of their meats that they add wheat coatings to, or stored next to them.

For the rice, is it Lundberg? They have oats as a cover crop, so if you are an oat sensitive Celiac (which you may not know yet, being newly gluten-free), you might want to try a different rice and see if it helps.

Sweet potatoes - you might try to wash them with gluten-free soap and peel them and see if that helps? They can have rye as a cover crop for them ( which is totally crummy - they're such a nice source of carbs!). They can also be gassed to keep them from sprouting, which could affect you.

How well do you wash your veggies when you get 'em home? It's good to remember that little gluteny hands at the grocery store might have touched your veggies, so you might want to make sure they get a good wash before you eat them.

That's all I can think of at the moment that might make a difference! Hope you feel better soon!

I go to work and deal with it as best I can. I write everything down as soon as I think of it because thoughts only stay in my head for a minute or so. I avoid anything that requires a lot of short term memory and try to do things like clean up my desk or clean out my email.

Apparently I read forum posts!! LOL! I've been in a fog all day today...but didn't eat a very healthy lunch either. I suppose I'll try to get some work done :) Def go with cleaning out email and filing.

get into world of warcraft lol, srsly it requires no brain function, but is so damn satisfying =/ great for when your feeling slow =)

my go-to chore when I want to be productive but don't have brain function for homework is to wash dishes. I'll also clean the kitchen or my room sometimes.

otherwise I nap a lot and do homework or other brain-intensive things in really short spurts, interspersed with facebook/internet or TV. It is good to try and be productive as much as possible, especially if you're a student like me. But then again my brain fog isn't TOO bad. I spend about as much time staring as my paper as I do writing on it when I'm doing homework with brain fog, but I can get it done eventually.