Rate this topic

I just tried a Pamela's shortbread choc and vanilla swirl cookie. Not a fan. Are there any store bought gluten and nut free cookies that are really good? I have been making my own choc. chip cookies out of the Betty Crocker mix but sometimes I just want one without having to bake.

Thanks!

I like Glutino Lemon Wafers...don't buy them very often as I like them way too much! Actually that's the only gluten-free cookie I've tried in spite of the fact that there may be hundreds of varieties out there.

Never found one I would buy again....ever.

I eat a Snickers if I need a sweet and don't want to bake.

Bake Chocolate chip cookies once a week....so they are a staple...right after the protein and vitamins!

Hope you find a cookie you like.

All of the faux oreos I've tried have been quite decent. Nothing else has. I eat chocolate.

I have not tried that type of Pamelas but I like all the ones I have tried. I eat the ginger snaps whenever my stomach is upset. And the soft ginger cookies with almonds are great too. I also like the chocolate chip..I'm not sure if those are nut free, sorry. I didn't really like the Enjoy Life chocolate chip cookies, but they changed the recipe recenlty so I might try them again. I see alot of differnt types of gluten-free cookies but so many have soy or dairy in them so I can't try them. I make a lot of flourless PB cookies instead. Perhaps you could make sunbutter cookies if you can have sunflower butter?

I just tried a Pamela's shortbread choc and vanilla swirl cookie. Not a fan. Are there any store bought gluten and nut free cookies that are really good? I have been making my own choc. chip cookies out of the Betty Crocker mix but sometimes I just want one without having to bake.

Thanks!

I had Glutino's chocolate chip cookies a year ago -pretty good in my opinion but expensive and there are just so few of them!

I tried Enjoy Life lemon cookies today for the first time,,, not bad, not bad at all.

they are made in a dedicated nut and gluten free bakery

they are gluten,wheat, peanut,tree nuts,egg,soy,fish ,shellfish free

also made without casein,potato,sesame and sulfites. I good with that :D

I have not found any cookies/baked treats that I find palatable so make my own - usually shortbread, chocolate chip, brownies or butterscotch brownies, meringues, banana bread...but then I love baking. :P

I have not found any cookies/baked treats that I find palatable so make my own - usually shortbread, chocolate chip, brownies or butterscotch brownies, meringues, banana bread...but then I love baking. :P

I was baking my own but since giving up eggs and nuts :( I haven't tried much baking .

When I did bake my own ,my favorites were black bean brownies and flourless peanut butter cookies

my daughter bakes quite a bit but I dont eat much of that because she uses potato starch/flour alot.

I LOVE Pamela's chocolate chunk...since they're technically my son's (I don't have Celiac), I think that's a good testimonial. I also love Glutino's chocolate wafer cookies. My son doesn't like baked goods as much as I do, so unfortunately when I buy them "for him" I am usually the one to eat most of them!

I think Dr Lucy's are the best. They carry them at Earth Fare and Amazon. Mi-del ginger snaps are not bad and in my local store (Earth Fare) they are much cheaper than Dr Lucy's.

I made the Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookies last week and while I've heard others give them less-than-stellar reviews, I liked them.

However, I'm notorious for slightly underbaking cookies (I leave them in for 6 or 6 1/2 minutes instead of 8-10) because I like them to stay soft.

The ones I made last week lasted 5 days in a sealed container and were soft even on the last day. While my first impression was that there was a slightly gritty taste, I didn't think it was bad and I had just had normal chocolate chip cookies a few days prior (just before beginning the diet.)

I just thought I'd mention that homemade cookies freeze very well. I like to make a big batch and keep them in the freezer. They taste better and cost less. I do keep other treats on hand (pudding cups, ice cream, or gluten-free candy) in case I have run out of cookies and need a treat.

I love the Pamelas's pancake/baking mix for homemade chocolate chip cookies.

Pamela's pre-made chocolate, chocalate chunk for making a cookie crumb crust for cheesecakes and such.

Liz Lovely makes AWESOME gluten free, organic, vegan cookies. I order by the case on-line. YUM! but oh so expensive.

As a side note... I did some modifications on some recipes for a roll out sugar cookie. Gluten and egg free (sorry it has dairy) it really works well. I'm working on making a roll freezing it, cutting it and/or rolling it out. It seems to be a really great dough. My concern is people will have to have a gluten free flour to roll the dough out and cut into shapes. Does someone know how to go about mass producing it for the open market?