This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What's For Breakfast Today?

GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

Celery and carrots dipped in hummus.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jestgar Rising Star

Huge pile of veggies and scrambled eggs

sb2178 Enthusiast

chia and pumpkin seeds with dried fruit. and yeah, i got groceries today.

GFinDC Veteran

Right now I am experimenting with eating just breakfast, no other meals. So of course it is a big breakfast, almost half an elephant! Well, not really, but a good big breakfast.

So far I had:

Fried onion and mushrooms with green beans with crumbled pre-fried hamburger one day,

Next day fried onion, mushrooms, broccoli and hamburger crumbles,

Today fried onion, mushroom lima beans and hamburger crumbles. Some canned pineapple to aid digestion.

You know if you put crushed canned pineapple in the refrig it is pretty darn tasty cold! Just don't leave it in the can as it will eat the metal real fast.

I have in the past made breakfast by frying frozen green beans and onions and throwing a couple raw eggs on top then stirring and covering the skillet with a lid for a few minutes. That's sounding pretty good again too. Garlic powder and salt and pepper and sometimes a little lemon juice or lime juice is nice. I also add some psyillium husk powder sometimes for extra fiber. Soy-free mayo is nice too stirred in.

Out of hamburger today so off to the store tomorrow to get some chicken for next weeks breakfast. I have a hard boiled egg or two most days also. And some kind of fruit, apples, oranges, or banana, avocadoes. I will also get some fresh fennel to add to my breakfast skillet and whatever else appears to fit in. Cooking once a day is not so hard. I cook meats on the weekend in bulk and use them through the week for different meals. This is just something I decided to try for the heck of it, no big theory behind it or anything.

So far this is working out ok for me. I eat enough in the morning that I am not hungry later in the day.

collgwg Contributor

i have such a hard time trying to figure out what to have that i end up eating around 11 or 12 some times its 1 this has got to stop

this thread is great its going to help me greatly thanks for starting it

since the allergy dr wants me to wright everything down i have been making my self eat breakfast so

yesterday: i took 2 corn tortillas out to defrost , then 2 eggs added 2 tsp to the eggs wisked ,added a dash of pepper, cut up all natural black forest ham into chunks ,sliced up some baby spinich mixed that up with the egg mixture then in the fry pan i put 1/4 tsp of herbed baccon fat (gluten-free) sauted 2 small slices of leek poured egg over top scrambled a bit then added motza cheese (gluten soy casin free brand)scrambeled until done, then pout the tortilla on the plate put the scrambeled mixture on top then add the other tortilla, add mabe olive oil or i used antother 1/4 tsp of the bacon fat taht i made , and fry placeing the plate over the entire thing (useing a sandwich plate) then flip slide to plate and enjoy

then i made from frozen fruit banana mango peach oj smoothie

today: bowl of gluten-free organic cornflakes 4 fresh straberries dieced and 2 tbs of wild blueberries

and frozen banana peanut butter cocoa dash vanilla 2 tbs brown sugar smoothie i call it my reeces peanut butter cup smoothie

now im on a mission to figure out what to have for lunch and supper today and hopefully come up with a plan for the next 2 weeks as we have to get grocries for a 2 week period (this method is still up for debate with the dh)

sb2178 Enthusiast

2 eggs with spinach

blueberries!

lentil crackers

quite a lot later,

2 cups black tea with sugar (diner tea... it needs the help)

Mango04 Enthusiast

fish flavored eggs

Of all the creative breakfasts posted here this is the one I'm most curious about :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GFinDC Veteran

Green beans with onion and some canned sardine fillets. A little crushed canned pineapple.

Half of a left over chicken breast and a small serving of roasted sweet potato fries.

collgwg Contributor

one cup of coffee with g.milk

i have searched the fridge and cubbords sevral times and i have no idea what to make

so ill prob end up having a bowl of gluten-free cornflakes and straberries with wildberries

freeatlast Collaborator

I had a peach, piece of Rudi's toast with cream cheese and Polander's Black Cherry fruit spread, and Celestial Seasoning's Black Cherry herbal tea.

• 2 weeks later...

I had leftover red beans and rice today.

love2travel Mentor

About as dull as can be but I did not fall asleep last night (pain) so am exhausted. Chocolate stars cereal and a handful of walnuts I roasted with Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, cayenne pepper, a touch of butter and seasoning salt.

freeatlast Collaborator

Left over dill flatbread and turkey bacon, coffee, and ice water.

Jestgar Rising Star

sauteed veggies and turkey breast

leftover pancakes and strawberries.

sb2178 Enthusiast

sweet potato waffles (day off)

Kim69 Apprentice

My husband made us gluten-free macadamia waffles, maple syrup and ice-cream.

freeatlast Collaborator

take one:

1 coconut flour blueberry muffin (homemade, no sugar)

butter

1 bowl blueberries

1 cup cocoa made with soymilk, cocoa powder, and a touch of sugar

take two:

1 raisin mini-muffin

1 apple

Oh gosh, they both sound delish!

I just baked dill and chives flatbread this morning, dipped in olive oil, and reheated some blackeyed peas. That's what I call a functional breakfast. The function was, it was easy, so it worked for me.

Bubba's Mom Enthusiast

For months my usual breakfast was a banana and 1 cup of instant coffee.

We just got a new toaster for me, so today I had a Van's gluten free waffle with natural peanut butter. Yum!

I got some Udi's bread and had a roast beef sandwich today too. I know it's not breakfast..but I was so thrilled to have a sandwich I just had to tell somebody! LOL

GFinDC..why are you only eating breakfast..and big ones at that? Won't that make your blood sugar crazy? :huh:

freeatlast Collaborator

Cocoa Pebbles with three almonds and apple Juicy Juice instead of milk (never use milk in my cereal), one boiled egg, a slice of Rudi's cinnamon raisin toast with cream cheese, and coffee.

love2travel Mentor

Pulled pork with Udi's buns and jicama slaw.

bartfull Rising Star

I used to love bacon egg and cheese sandwiches, so today I made one in a bowl. I cooked some rice, some bacon, and some soft boiled eggs. I mixed them all together with a little butter added and a chunk of cheese on the side. It was really good - I'm glad I made enough to have it again for lunch.

cahill Collaborator

Grilled ham and cheese sandwich with a big dill pickle on the side , and a BIG glass of milk :D

Grilled ham and cheese sandwich with a big dill pickle on the side , and a BIG glass of milk :D

You got me craving grilled cheese! I can't have any dairy, so here's what I did instead: Took two slices of Rudi's bread and spread them with roasted red pepper hummus and the outsides with coconut oil. Drizzled a little olive oil in the pan and fried it up just like a grilled cheese. The bread stuck to the pan a little but was nicely fried and crispy just like a grilled cheese made with butter. The hummus is the closest I have found texture wise to melted cheese (I can't stand the fake cheese subs). The only thing I will change next time is I may add a slice of smoked turkey or something so it is more like a panini. But yum!

Archived