Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GlutenFreeManna

What's For Breakfast Today?

My new favorite late summer breakfast is:

ripe apricots, ricotta cheese, flax seeds and/or toasted pine nuts with just a drizzle of honey.

My new favorite late summer breakfast is:

ripe apricots, ricotta cheese, flax seeds and/or toasted pine nuts with just a drizzle of honey.

I love that combo, too, but have not tried it with flax seeds (I love flax seeds). Also works very well with fresh figs. Alas - I can no longer have dairy but can dream about it...

I enjoy infusing honey with different flavours such as a bit of ground chipotle or lavender or rosemary or citrus on my fruit.

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

I enjoy infusing honey with different flavours such as a bit of ground chipotle or lavender or rosemary or citrus on my fruit.

That sounds delicious! Chipotle infused honey with mangos - yum! I think you may have given me a gift idea for my husband's birthday. He loves honeys, and he loves chipotle - I know he'd be thrilled to eat them together.

That sounds delicious! Chipotle infused honey with mangos - yum! I think you may have given me a gift idea for my husband's birthday. He loves honeys, and he loves chipotle - I know he'd be thrilled to eat them together.

Wonderful! I like to cook outside the box and infusing honey is such a simple way to add tons of interesting flavour.

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Strawberries, scrambled egg whites (I cheated with butter on them), oj, and hot tea.

Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.

Hashimoto's DX 2005.

Gluten-Free since 6/2011.

DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND.

Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

I got glutened, virused, or maybe it's my dumb period. I've been eating rice chex dry. Not the tastiest thing for sure! I will do better next week. With the cooler weather, Cream of Rice season is around the corner.

Scrambled eggs with chives. Tomatoes from the garden. Cucumbers from a friend's garden.

Leftover pasta and veg with tuna. 'twas quite good.

2/2010 Malabsorption becomes dramatically noticable

3/2010 Negative IgA EMA; negative IgA TTG

4/2010 Negative biopsy

5/2010 Elimination diet; symptoms begin to resolve on gluten-free diet round two (10 days)

5/2010 Diagnosed gluten sensitive based on weakly positive repeat IgA & IgG TTGs and dietary response; decline capsule endoscopy.

Now, what to do about my cookbook in progress? Make it gluten-free?

Blueberry, strawberry and banana smoothies with lactose-free yogurt, flaxmeal and cranberry juice. Nice start to the day! :)

Walmart Brand lite Peach Yogurt, 1/2 banana, and some Adam's PB (I LOVE that they don't add sugar to it!!!)

Becky (me)-35yo; hypothyroid 8yrs (symptoms at least 1 yr prior); Plantar Fasciitis (PF) (tendonitis in foot) 4 yrs; ovary & softball size cyst removed Feb 2008; Sleep Apnea 3yrs; Dec 2008- realized wheat affects hormones-- went semi- gluten-free (aka, gluten lite!). Interstitial Cystitis (IC, aka painful bladder syndrome) (self dx. controlled by diet- can't have acidic foods/ drinks). July 2010-- realized there was more going on, was going to do the sensitivity/ Celiac testing, decided it wasn't worth it! Am now truely learning to live the gluten- free lifestyle!

My DH-38 yo; born w/ Spastic cerebral palsy. legally blind, uses wheelchair. back surgery Aug 2007, has continued back troubles.

Choco Stars cereal and roasted golden plums with rosemary and sage (not all together! :lol: ).

More pasta and strawberries! Sort of atypical but who cares when you eat your pasta? :D

I made some hummus this morning to go with my falafel chips; I also scrambled two eggs. An unlikely combination, I know.

I was so depressed at breakfast time today because I really felt like toast :( So I had a big spoonful of peanut butter and a cup of coffee. I have some gluten free muesli but it doesn't taste like muesli so I don't really want to eat it. I'm not used to how gluten free foods taste yet.

Cream cheese and lox on a Glutino bagel. Yum!!!

OMG. I have to try that. I'd have to add capers or minced onions, but that sounds over the top good!

Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.