beautifulmemories

Fatigue In A High Amount

Rate this topic

i was recently diag. some months ago after going through every channel looking for answers on why i was so serverly sick.

i have gone completely gluten free to checking item products and ect. the only thing though is im so tired and fatigue to the point i can fall asleep even after 12hrs of sleep.

has anyone gone through medications or something similar and is there anything to help

right now i do 200 m. of b-12 and i did a 1000 cc of b-12 but im still tired

any help or ideas are welcomed

You should get your vitamin levels checked.

When I felt like that my vitamin D level was 17 should be 55-100.

I could literally get up after sleeping all night and within an hour be crawling back into bed, and all day long would have to fight to stay awake. It was horrible.

I could literally get up after sleeping all night and within an hour be crawling back into bed, and all day long would have to fight to stay awake. It was horrible.

That sounds exactly like what I went through. gluten-free helped quite a bit, but the last piece was vit D.

I agree, get your level checked!

i have to get that checked out i havent done new blood test since going gluten free

before going gluten free all my levels were fine and great even b-12 was fine on the lower end but not def. the only thing i had main issues with is iron which i cant take a pill form cause i get ill from that so i do a multi vitamin and try to get foods with good iron.

i check on vitamin d as since i been ill i want to say seriously since going on about 2yrs this one issue has never gone away i did have gallbladder removed which kicked in the active stage of cel. which is was most likely active before i was just abel to tolerate things better

Could be intolerances to other foods. I recently found that eating corn (kernel corn, chips, cereals...) makes me extremely fatigued. Rice too, but t a lesser degree. I suspect I should stay off all grains.

I can relate, I was sleeping 20 hours a day and was still tired along with a long list of other problems. You didn't say how long you have been gluten free or if you got worse after going gluten-free.

I agree that it could be other grains or you could be getting cross contaminated. From your description you are probably still very sensitive to gluten as your body is trying to heal. I was so bad that when I went gluten-free it felt like my body and brain completely shut down to heal. This lasted quite a while.

Also I found out from reading these valuble post's that I was being contaminated without even suspecting it. I have recently gave up soy about 1 week ago and have started to notice a difference.

Hope you get your strength back!

Could be intolerances to other foods. I recently found that eating corn (kernel corn, chips, cereals...) makes me extremely fatigued. Rice too, but t a lesser degree. I suspect I should stay off all grains.

I was about to say the same thing. I've cut out soy, dairy, and grains and am feeling a lot less tired. Now I have to figure out which one gets me.

i was recently diag. some months ago after going through every channel looking for answers on why i was so serverly sick.

i have gone completely gluten free to checking item products and ect. the only thing though is im so tired and fatigue to the point i can fall asleep even after 12hrs of sleep.

has anyone gone through medications or something similar and is there anything to help

Have your FOLATE levels checked. This can really tank with celiac and causes anemia. I was so wiped out and yet, my B-12 and D were supplemented and the levels came up just fine....so, what was it? I read about Folate deficiency with celiac and I went back and asked for this test and sure enough, that was LOW. Two months supplementation with prescription strength Folic Acid and that awful, dragging fatigue was gone.

when i last checked and at my endoscopy i was okay on the lower level but at okay levels i did the b-12 since i also suffer anxiety which got worse now somethings are balancing im still falling asleep and feeling sore. im going to be doing another blood pannel i currently see a gi and a pcp since im in the system where i became serverly ill

im on the gluten free ( i have rice and soy some corn) when i eat things that dont agree with me i get the skin rash thats ass. with celiacs which finally has calmed down and i been using a very sensitve skin friend lotion on my skin to help that area as i got it on my side of my neck and my wrist to slightly past upper elbow

my pcp thinks its chronic fatigue which seems to have carried through a pregnancy c-section gallbladder removal but def will do another blood pannel and see if its possible with the vit d or d-3

currently at 500mcg b-12 once daily seems to help slightly

Common problem and I did not read all the responses here but lack of proper amounts of magnesium, iron and vit d can cause also fatigue along with your B12. I was having a real hard time with it and my vits were helping but I found a big difference when I started putting foods high in vit D and B12 in my diet and spending more time outside. If you ahve not had your thyroid checked, hat is another possibility.

HEY I'm dealing with the same issue. I can sleep 8-11 hours during the day AFTER getting a full night's sleep. I dealt with this for 5 years before I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. After being gluten free and taking vitamins and having my hormones checked I was STILL just as tired. I found that I had become allergic or intolerant to many other foods. The food reaction is very delayed: I become extremely tired (almost drugged) 12 hours after eating the food so the reaction always happens the next day (usually the next morning).

I found that the WORST offenders were all grains, all legumes and the cruciferous family (kale, broccoli, cauliflower) but sweet potatoes will also do it. I can't eat the OILS that come from these foods either -- soybean oil, corn oil, etc.

It really helped to take a www.NowLEAP.com test. It was a blood test and they sent me a list of all my food sensitivities. When I removed those foods, I was able to wake up. But the test does not catch the INTOLERANCES (just the sensitivities) so if you still feel sleepy, I advice cutting out grains and legumes which are a common INTOLERANCE.

So try a VERY VERY STRICT diet for a week. Try eating only 5 foods for a week. Some people find red meat really causes them to become tired (they can't even get up in the morning). So try eating these foods which are usually considered pretty safe: salmon, blueberries, celery, romaine lettuce, olives/olive oil, zucchini with sea salt, black pepper and ONLY HERBS like rosemary, thyme and sage.

You can turn the romaine into a simple salad and use olive oil, white pepper, thyme and sea salt as an oil dressing.

You can sautee the zucchini in slices and season it with sea salt, white pepper and thyme.

Same goes for the celery.

See if you feel more awake. Then SLOWLY add in foods and see which ones are causing you to fall asleep.

I suffer from the same problem, but it comes and goes. I am a runner and take supplements so vitamin def. sounds very unlikely for me, although after reading this I will go get tested. I can sleep for 7 to 9 hours and 4 hours later I am falling asleep at my desk. I often have to go take naps at work and am sleep within minutes of laying down. I also have been experiancing strange bruises which makes me think I should look more into being def. in iron.

Let me know what you find, but know that you are not alone. Celiac seems to have so many strange symptoms and lingering problems, but luckly we all have each other :D

have you been tested for other auto-immune diseases? You said you get a skin rash, but if you're gluten free, it is unlikely to be dermatitis herpetiformis, unless you're still using topical products (soap, shampoo, lotions etc) that contain gluten. Have they taken a biopsy of the rash to confirm that it is DH?

Extreme fatigue can be from a lot of things, not just vitamin deficiencies. Thyroid disease, there are two of which are auto-immune and can be associated with Celiac disease; Hashimoto's and Grave's disease. Lupus can also cause extreme fatigue and a skin rash.

Diabetes can cause extreme fatigue as well.