JenC

Was She (Likely) Glutened?

Rate this topic

My husband took our daughter to the park. Afterward he stopped to get her a treat. Rather than get her something from the several options I listed, he got her a McDonald's strawberry sundae with nuts. :angry: Though their site says they're gluten-free, what are the chances of cross-contamination in this case?

If you're asking is it okay to read him the riot act for not following directions on a potential glutening, the answer is yes.

McDonalds, like many other fast food places, does not set out to specifically make their food gluten free, with some sort of monitoring/testing/protocols along the entire way. While it may fall under the category of "naturally gluten free" because the ingredients currently (and I checked their website) don't have gluten, you don't know what was going on in the kitchen nor at the distributor's.

It's probably OK. I know people on here who get the chocolate ones. The person who does the ice cream is usually the person taking the money or , if it's really busy, they have a helper to get drinks & ice cream. I would watch them like a hawk.

This particular item would not be near the top of my list for CC concerns, but, yes, fast-food places in general are dangerous.

richard

I don't think it was from there. I eat fries from there and don't get sick. Don't lay into him too hard.

My husband took our daughter to the park. Afterward he stopped to get her a treat. Rather than get her something from the several options I listed, he got her a McDonald's strawberry sundae with nuts. :angry: Though their site says they're gluten-free, what are the chances of cross-contamination in this case?

I eat their caramel sundaes and do just fine.

Well, no apparent CC this time. :)

We get the sundaes, shakes and M & M mcflurries all the time.