Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

love2travel

What Did You Have For Lunch Today?

Eggs Benedict on a bagel (I made a low-fat version of Hollandaise)

Frozen grapes

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Join eNewsletter

Strawberry Mango Coconut Smoothie

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Join eNewsletter

Sole en Papillote with White Wine and Capers

Baked Potato with Garlic Chive Butter

Join eNewsletter

Grilled ham and cheese sandwiches. Alas, I did not make the mustard this time. :(

Join eNewsletter

So dreadfully hot so not cooking lunch. Simply tuna salad with capers on toast. Nectarine.

Join eNewsletter

Grilled ham and mozzarella sandwich. Fresh pluots.

Join eNewsletter

Salad with bacon, cheese, and croutons. Extra virgin olive oil and vinegar dressing.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Join eNewsletter

I am making myself Welsh Rarebit.

Join eNewsletter

Delicious Vichyssoise soup and black plums.

Join eNewsletter

Grilled aged cheddar, ham, blueberry "jam" and Dijon sandwich. Baked beans.

Join eNewsletter

This morning I made glorious roasted poblano potato and corn soup. Delicious with pumpkinseed oil swirled on top.

Join eNewsletter

Sole Meuniere

Herbed New Potatoes

Nectarine

Join eNewsletter

I never used to even read this thread because I'm a lousy cook and my lunch was pretty much the same every day.

But today I had a SANDWICH! Now that I can tolerate Udi's again, my lunches will be some type of sandwich. Today it was roasted chicken with melted Monterray jack. YUM!

gluten-free since June, 2011

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

Join eNewsletter

I never used to even read this thread because I'm a lousy cook and my lunch was pretty much the same every day.

But today I had a SANDWICH! Now that I can tolerate Udi's again, my lunches will be some type of sandwich. Today it was roasted chicken with melted Monterray jack. YUM!

AWESOME! Good for you. I am so happy that you can have some bread. And if you ever find it, try Kinnickinnik's new soft bread. It truly is soft and you do not have to toast it. It does not crumble and fall apart, either. I like Udi's but I really like this new stuff. It passes the spread-the-peanut-butter-and-honey test. :P

Join eNewsletter

I like Udi's too, they just drive me nuts because EVERY loaf has a huge hole in the middle. It's like they let it rise too long. I like Rudi's much better.

Lunch today: turkey bacon & fried apples w/pine nuts.

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

Join eNewsletter

I like Udi's too, they just drive me nuts because EVERY loaf has a huge hole in the middle. It's like they let it rise too long. I like Rudi's much better.

Lunch today: turkey bacon & fried apples w/pine nuts.

Isn't that ridiculous? It's like half the loaf is missing. :( But Kinnickinnik bread is as large as regular bread and never any holes - it looks just like its gluten counterpart. And it is the cheapest here by far at $4.99 CND per loaf. We cannot get Rudi's here but it sounds good. :)

Today's lunch was:

Sole with Mirin Glaze and Toasted Sesame Seeds

Scallion-Fried Potatoes

Cucumber with Pink Peppercorn Guava Vinaigrette

Join eNewsletter

I am going to make Eggs Benedict. Rather than an English muffin, I am using a bagel this time. And probably a little cucumber salad on the side.

Join eNewsletter

I also prefer Rudi's to Udi's for that same reason. They're about the same price here, somewhere between $4.50 and $5.50 a loaf. The taste and texture is every so slightly better also imo.

I'm feeling particularly lazy today. (I'm also still trying to climb out of this fog.) So I'm thinking that I'll probably just throw a burger on grill for the kiddo and me and pop a can of carrots or something for us to share.

I couldn't handle the paranoia of feeding a gluten eating kid the gluten lunch his mom brought for him every day. I finally told her enough was enough and that he'll be gluten free here.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2011

CRPS DX March 2014

Join eNewsletter

Ham and eggs with onion and herbs, fryed in a pan. Yesterday same (but no eggs) and mushrooms too and ate them in a corn tortilla.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul

Join eNewsletter

Baguette with olive oil from Croatia, fleur de sel, prosciutto, fresh sheep cheese, fresh figs, chestnut honey from Croatia and toasted walnuts. A perfect and wonderful lunch.

Join eNewsletter

Roast Sweet Potato Fries with Cuban Seasoning Blend

Roast Potatoes with Southwestern Seasoning Blend

Frozen grapes

Join eNewsletter

Leftover Creamy Parmesan Polenta with Tomato Ragout

Raw carrots

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter