Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

love2travel

What Did You Have For Lunch Today?

Warm potato salad with a lemon caper vinaigrette I made the other day. Fresh plums.

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Join eNewsletter

I am rereading this thread . I am trying to get some ideas for lunch.

I am working second shift so lunch is my at home meal. I am also try to lose weight and stay away from sandwiches .

Any suggestions would be appreciated :D

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

Join eNewsletter

Yesterday I made Eggs Benedict with prosciutto. It was delicious.

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Join eNewsletter

Still cleaning out the fridge as we are going on vacation on Wednesday. Am making potato salad to use up the scallions and a couple of eggs.

Join eNewsletter

Sunday was soft tacos

I'll probably have left overs today

Shellfish free since 1980

Milk free (all forms) since 1991

Feingold in 2003

First gluten-free round 2007

Now entering full time Gluten free, egg free, almond/peanut free

Join eNewsletter

Still jet lagged so am having a simple lunch.

Grilled tuna sandwich with lots of capers and lemon juice. Used Schar bread I brought back from Croatia. The bread was not terrible. :P

Join eNewsletter

I picked up some Schar rolls for pulled pork sandwiches but was unimpressed. Leftovers today, like most days, pintos and rice with salsa and some chorizo... and tums. I discovered yesterday that chorizo gives me terrible heartburn but I can't just let it go to waste!

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2011

CRPS DX March 2014

Join eNewsletter

Had a salad with raspberry vinegarette dressing. Very good!

Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

Join eNewsletter

I am eating a late lunch because I suspect dinner will be late.

Foraging in the refrigerator for leftovers. So far I have found 2 cooked broccoli florets, a tiny piece of steak, a hard boiled egg, a pre cooked, tiny orphaned hamburger, some leftover bread I made but did not put the date I baked it on :rolleyes: , and some green snap pea pods. The bread had a bit of amaranth, so it is still okay.

I was looking for the leftover cooked fish, but didn't find it until the other stuff was already arranged on the two little saucers.

This is my salad rebellion day, there are only so many days I can go with eating that, before ....... :P

Made potato salad last weekend, I add more "other" vegetables to it, like cucumber or zucchini, so it is less carby, and then serve it over lettuce greens. If I keep extra baked potatoes and hard boiled eggs in the refrigerator, I can make a small batch up pretty quickly.

Join eNewsletter

Still jet lagged so am having a simple lunch.

Grilled tuna sandwich with lots of capers and lemon juice. Used Schar bread I brought back from Croatia. The bread was not terrible. :P

I agree about Schar's bread. Tried it for the first time this past week. Rudi's multigrain and cinnamon raisin are still my favs :)

Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

Join eNewsletter

The plan was to have a spinach salad with some nuts and feta for lunch. Turns out I added some watermelon for dessert after dropping it on the floor, forcing me to cut it up instead of waiting until Monday. (Don't ever do this, the sticky is everywhere!)

Celiac DX Dec 2011

CRPS DX March 2014

Join eNewsletter

Leftover chicken noodle soup (Gluten Free Cafe---it's quite good!) and some Schar 'table crackers' with peanut butter and homemade apple jam, cup of tea.

Gluten-free and so grateful, as I can now live not only mostly free from the IBS that had started to get really bad, but also am now living almost migraine-free and insomnia-free.

Either gluten intolerant or allergic to wheat; time will tell. The important thing for me, though, is that I feel so much better. I feel like it hardly matters what the actual problem is at this point.

Also allergic to MSG, sulfites, and nitrates. Hypoglycemic and have Hashimoto's.

Join eNewsletter

Almost forgot about this thread!

Tuna salad sandwich (tuna salad with lots of capers, aioli, lemon juice, chives, Greek oregano)

Fresh blueberries

Join eNewsletter

PB&J on yesterday's leftover pancakes. I was skeptical about it when I was making it but it's pretty darn good. I have a new jar of strawberry smoothie jam I picked up at a carnival Saturday night. (No worries, the lady who made it has a 5 yo celiac son.) Also some pistachio fluff. I just throw together a pack of pudding, some cool whip and some marshmallows and a can of fruit. Whatever flavors strike me as a good idea at the time. This does not always result in a success. :lol:

Celiac DX Dec 2011

CRPS DX March 2014

Join eNewsletter

Tomato sandwich and a dill pickle.

It's 30 degrees and 38 humidex here :(

YUCK! Sorry - I do not mean your lunch but your weather. We are at a perfect 15C at the moment. This is my ideal temp where I feel most energized and healthy. I hate our -40C and our +35C extremes. :angry:

Join eNewsletter

Mid 70's and our usual barely existent humidity, I'll take it! I was going to have a spinach salad with chicken and honey mustard dressing, but instead I threw the whole thing on an arepa. Quick, easy and no mess. I followed up with a little cottage cheese and homemade apple butter.

Celiac DX Dec 2011

CRPS DX March 2014

Join eNewsletter

Blueberry pomegranate smoothie. Er, with soft ice cream texture. A few peanuts.

Join eNewsletter

Grilled skirt steak and arugula cooked in olive oil. Simple and delicious.

That is a delicious combo. I am growing lots of arugula again this year as we go through a lot of it.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter