This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Sequel

TriticusToxicum

shadowicewolf Proficient

:) thanks

Though i did do a stupid. Totally forgot to remmber about my latex allergy :( its not in my records and i haven't had an issue with it since i was younger (not an issue with the gallbladder because the surgery area was already latex free). So yeah, a couple of hours later, my back was itchin' good. Had to remove the latex-y ones and replace them with the non-latex-y ones. Good thing i decided not to wait the full 48 hours before removing them :blink:

I did, however, remember my issues with neosporin and made sure i got the right antibiotic.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

• kareng

• jerseyangel

• VydorScope

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

Loey 271 posts

• kareng

kareng 222 posts

• jerseyangel

jerseyangel 212 posts

• VydorScope

VydorScope 184 posts

Posted Images

Loey Rising Star

M decided it should be in pasta with other lasagnas. I thought about making copies and putting recipes in more than one place but ......too much work. I got some cute binders and the only recipes in these will be the ones I know we like. A pocket page in each section for recipes I want to try but haven't earned the right to be in the book.

I had a friend that defrosted a kitten. A feral cat had 2 kittens somehow on top of the wood pile - in a window box over it or something. the kittens fell down into the wood pile and got stuck. My friend came home and realized something had happened. She dug them out and one was frozen & dead. She brought them in and warmed them up and the dead one came back to life. She was always a bit uncoordinated and odd but a nice house cat.

You could get the colored foil stars and if you put the dish in Mexican food designate a color star for pasta (use the other colors for your other food groups like rice, etc) then there's no need to duplicate the recipe (though the binders sound adorable and you are worthy).

I tempted the Celiac God/dess and (shame on me) had a falafel yesterday. Bad Loey!!! I KNOW it has wheat in it and it came from a fast food place called Pockets so I also know it was cross contaminated. Don't have the runs (though I'm running to the bathroom frequently) but the roids are out in full force and now I have to get dressed for the NYE party. Now I have to decide if I should wear depends under my pretty new (p)leather leggings. When will I learn that cheating death does not make me invincible?!

I hope you all have a wonderful NYE be it spent quietly or at a party. Drive safe - remember all the other fools on the road. Our party is just up the hill but Superman (Rob, my DH to anyone new to the forum or our thread) will drive me there. Not as physical as I want to be (exercise wise ;) ;) ) and we had our first significant icy snow so we'll drive.

BTW, I do hope to make it to either DC or Leesburg this summer if the $ holds out. It's scary without Rob having an income but we have enough for at least a year and he's pretty savvy with the stock market (after a very hard lesson 20 years ago with margin calls). If/when we get down there I want to meet my psillies from the area. G-eff we talked about it in the past before I got even sicker and I'm hoping Vince isn't far from there. I REALLY want to meet all my dear psillies. Again, Gluten Free section reserved for the party on the 19th in Jersey and the extended forecast doesn't predict snow until that Sunday (party is on Saturday). I don't need to know in advance as it's a buffet.

OK, Superman is getting ready for the party and I'm still in my robe.

Much Love,

Loey

Loey Rising Star

two moles removed and 9 stiches later in my back....

More gentle hugs to you. I'm allergic to most band-aids and adhesives. I was not a pretty sight at the hospital when all the tape, etc came off (plus I had Shrek hands due to retaining fluid).

I SO wish Rob hadn't sent Tony a pic of me on life support. Talk about trying to get his attention (during finals). Oh, if I had it to do over again I wouldn't have coddled him (I swear Kareng- it's continuing to bite me in my sizable arse). He gets back from Israel on Thursday and I've been given the go ahead to go to JFK as long as we stop every hour for me to stretch and I wear my back support.

OK, the NYE party has started and we're going to head out in a few minutes. Hopefully the Ambrosia came out well. It's become my signature dish in the neighborhood for parties. Easy to make as well.

More love,

Loey :wub: :wub: :wub:

VydorScope Proficient

Finally home after much driving! We bailed out of PA a day early because tomorrow looks pretty bad weather wise. Time to make a mocha and curl up some place... err I mean time to chase my son and try to get him in bed! LOL

Loey Rising Star

HAPPY (a few hours early on the East Coast) NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE,

LOEY

VydorScope Proficient

HAPPY (a few hours early on the east coast) NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE,

LOEY

Happy New year. :)

Jestgar Rising Star

Well, dunno if Re-peep is gonna make it. Dovey is a terrible mom. Got the wee one out of the nest waay too early. Leaves her alone to run for treats. Knocks her away while scratching, and I came home from dog-sitting, right at dusk, to fin Re-peep alone in the pen, cold, bloody, abandoned. Of course as soon as I went in the pen all the big girls came barrelling out of the coop -- on top of Re-peep. I grabbed her as quick as I could and wrapped her in my hands to warm up. Not sure if she's missing an eye, or just got pecked near it, too much blood to tell.

Decided the warmest spot is under her mom, and she should be pretty quiet over night. Had to wait a long time to get them back in the coop, and when I put Re-peep in under mom she scratched her out and pecked at her. Finally got her settled and the chick underneath her, but she could be squashing her for all I know.

Going out in the pirate's boat tonight to sit in the Sound and watch the fireworks from the Space Needle. I guess when we get back tomorrow I'll see if the peeper is alive, and decide if I need to raise her inside. It wouldn't be any fun for her for a number of reasons so I'm hoping she survives the first week until she's a little bit more able to defend herself.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Loey Rising Star

Finally home after much driving! We bailed out of PA a day early because tomorrow looks pretty bad weather wise. Time to make a mocha and curl up some place... err I mean time to chase my son and try to get him in bed! LOL

Glad you got home safely. My thoughts have been with you and your family. Isn't Cranbury lovely? I still would love to read your sermon.

Happy New Year to you and the family,

Love,

Loey

Loey Rising Star

Well, dunno if Re-peep is gonna make it. Dovey is a terrible mom. Got the wee one out of the nest waay too early. Leaves her alone to run for treats. Knocks her away while scratching, and I came home from dog-sitting, right at dusk, to fin Re-peep alone in the pen, cold, bloody, abandoned. Of course as soon as I went in the pen all the big girls came barrelling out of the coop -- on top of Re-peep. I grabbed her as quick as I could and wrapped her in my hands to warm up. Not sure if she's missing an eye, or just got pecked near it, too much blood to tell.

Decided the warmest spot is under her mom, and she should be pretty quiet over night. Had to wait a long time to get them back in the coop, and when I put Re-peep in under mom she scratched her out and pecked at her. Finally got her settled and the chick underneath her, but she could be squashing her for all I know.

Going out in the pirate's boat tonight to sit in the Sound and watch the fireworks from the Space Needle. I guess when we get back tomorrow I'll see if the peeper is alive, and decide if I need to raise her inside. It wouldn't be any fun for her for a number of reasons so I'm hoping she survives the first week until she's a little bit more able to defend herself.

Extra prayers for Re-peep and if anyone can raise the dead my bets are on you!!!!

Love,

Loey

P.S. Now I'm really going to the NYE party. My very handsome DH wants to get going.

jerseyangel Proficient

Poor little re-peep:(. Let us know how she did overnight.

Gotta get ready to go-- have a good time tonight everyone :). See ya'll next year;)

VydorScope Proficient

Glad you got home safely. My thoughts have been with you and your family. Isn't Cranbury lovely? I still would love to read your sermon.

Happy New Year to you and the family,

Love,

Loey

It was recorded, but there was some tech difficulties so I do not yet know if they were able to salvage it or not. I was hoping to use it for my resume too... :(

Loey Rising Star

Extra prayers for Re-peep and if anyone can raise the dead my bets are on you!!!!

Love,

Loey

P.S. Now I'm really going to the NYE party. My very handsome DH wants to get going.

Extra prayers for Re-peep. She'll be the 1st New Year's miracle :) :)

Love,

Loey

Loey Rising Star

Ah geeze -_- Sorry about the bebehs. And rest that back!!! (I also vote chiro... know some peeps don't like 'em but mine got me walking again after a slipped disk broke me, so I'm partial ;) )

I'm in agreement about chiro. Just started seeing one last week in my PCP's office. After 2 adjustments I felt amazing. Of course I undid it all at the party by sitting on a soft, sinking sofa most of the night. Can't sleep so I'm heading down to ice it. can't wait until Wednesday when I see her again. She also uses a tens machine with moist heat on top of it. I swear she's a miracle worker.

Love,

Loey

mushroom Proficient

P

PINCH, PUNCH!!!!!

FIRST DAY OF THE

MONTH YEAR!!!!!

(AND NO RETURNS, SO THERE)

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL PSILLIES!!!

jerseyangel Proficient

A mighty fancy punch/punch! Dow'd you do dat, Shroom?

psawyer Proficient

Happy New Year, everyone.

Jestgar Rising Star

A happy, sleepy New Year to all!

Re-peep is still with us, and her mom was sitting on her early this morning. I'll bring her out some warm sugar water in a bit.

Fireworks from the boat were fun, and really really cold. Fortunately we had warm kitties to come home to.

jerseyangel Proficient

Good news Jess:)

Happy New Year Sills! Should get moving.... Still in bed.....to say I tied one on last night is an understatement.

elye Community Regular

fireworks-smiley-emoticon.gif

************HAPPY, HAPPY NEW YEAR'S, PSILLIES!!*********************

Re-peep is still with us, and her mom was sitting on her early this morning.

YAY! :):) Indeed, our New Year's miracle!

... Still in bed.....to say I tied one on last night is an understatement.

HEY! Patteigh partied profusely!! You tied not just one on, but many... . . .... :P

curlyfries Contributor

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

It's been a rough year.( Brian being on disability 3 separate times. Really hurts the pocketbook) So glad the holidays are over.( I am a bit of a Scrooge, I'm afraid. Could really do without all the stress) Now if I can just get through the winter (Absolutely HATE cold and snow!)But......looking forward to what the new year will bring. Very optimistic that it will be an awesome year!

Best wishes to all. Healing thoughts to all ailing psillies....including feathery ones.♥

jerseyangel Proficient

HEY! Patteigh partied profusely!! You tied not just one on, but many... . . .... :P

True dat :). Having a little caffeine therapy now....

Hi Lissague!! Hoping for a better year for ya'll:)

mommida Enthusiast

Happy New Year!!!

We survived another year! (Maya doomesday indeed!!?)

May you find peace and happiness (a little more wealth won't hurt) this year.

shadowicewolf Proficient

Itchy... that about sums up my life at the moment.

I still have a red outline where those latex-y bandaids were. -sigh-

jerseyangel Proficient

Today doesn't seem like a Tuesday.....

Loey Rising Star

Today doesn't seem like a Tuesday.....

I keep thinking it's Sunday. Glad it's a Tuesday cuz Tony comes home Thursday (YAY!!!)

Overdid it yesterday and then stayed at the party until the end. My back is totally !@#$%^! I see my chiro tomorrow and hopefully she'll work her magic - I REALLY want to go to the Airport Thursday.

Love to you all,

Loey

P.S. I think Re-peep (and Jessss) should be our mascots that ANYTHING is possible with love & faith.