Rate this topic

Hello My Dear Friends!

Are there some tea recommendations that you can give me? I am currently drinking Stash and while it's OK their green jasmine has a bitter after taste. Does anyone have any recommendations for tea that they love? I'm just looking for ideas... I generally like most flavors of tea and like trying new ones. I used to drink a genmaicha tea from the Asian market but since I cannot read their labels as it is written in a foreign language I have no idea if it is safe.  :D

If you like different kinds of teas, check out Teavana.  They are now owned by starbucks, woohoo, but at their Teavana stores they have really good service and they have all kinds of teas.  Can be pricey but with moderation it isn't too bad.  ( All are gluten-free: http://www.teavana.com/customer-service/faq)

Numi makes an excellent tea. Their organic jasmine green is lovely. The dragon jasmine pearls tea from Teavana is also excellent, although pricey.

If you like different kinds of teas, check out Teavana.  They are now owned by starbucks, woohoo, but at their Teavana stores they have really good service and they have all kinds of teas.  Can be pricey but with moderation it isn't too bad.  ( All are gluten-free: http://www.teavana.com/customer-service/faq)

Thank you Laura! I have had Teavana before but they are quite pricey... will have to check them out though!

Numi makes an excellent tea. Their organic jasmine green is lovely. The dragon jasmine pearls tea from Teavana is also excellent, although pricey.

I think they sell Numi at my grocery store.. I'll check it out!

I LOVE Stash and their decaf Earl Gray. If the tea you are drinking is too bitter you might have the water too hot or leave the bag in too long. Genmaichai is brown rice tea and is fine. BUT do not buy mugi-cha. Mugi is wheat.

Thank you for the translation!! So helpful! I may be leaving the bag in too long.. I'll try to shorten the steeping time.

Hey Jamie.  you can always put a dash of salt to cut the bitterness.  

Colleen

Neat trick! I never heard of that.

I love Good Earth. I also recently discovered Teatulia. Their white tea was so good. More expensive than what I currently have, but I may splurge a bit for my birthday  :D

I will check them both out. I have only ever tried one white tea. But I don't remember the brand.

If you like green tea, but not too bitter, you may like green tea with chamomile.  The Twinnings kind used to be my favorite.

Thanks. I do like chamomile by itself so mixing the two would make good sense.

FYI I tried shortening my steeping time to 3 minutes (timed it) and added a  touch of salt. BOOM. No bitterness! Thank you all!!! I have great suggestions to go by now. I need to buy a tea storage box....  :P

Are we allowed to post links onto other sites? Just in case we cannot, I just bought a sample pack of Teatulia's teas from amazon. Less than $6  total for three containers - green, white, and black tea. Full price is normally $9/container. Worth trying!  :D

It's funny, I just did a search for "tea" and it told me there were no results in the forums!  Go figure!

My husband have a huge HUGE tea stash at our house, all kind of brands and flavors.  I haven't had tea since my diagnosis but winter is coming.  What should I look for on the labels?  Any brands I should be especially wary of?  Where is the hidden gluten in tea?

A large and I do mean very large selection of "The Republic of Tea" is gluten-free, and I adore their Ginger Peach tea.  I  skimmed the topic and did not see a reference, but from my experience of using their products I can say it has been an amazing experience, 2 leaves tea is also good regarding mint tea. However steer clear of Relvolutions tea products they stated they are gluten-free, but they did make me feel quite ill trying their teas.

It's funny, I just did a search for "tea" and it told me there were no results in the forums!  Go figure!

My husband have a huge HUGE tea stash at our house, all kind of brands and flavors.  I haven't had tea since my diagnosis but winter is coming.  What should I look for on the labels?  Any brands I should be especially wary of?  Where is the hidden gluten in tea?

When you search, go to the main forum page and search from there.  It will auto default to search within the topic you are currently viewing, so it can make things come up goofy.