Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In
Simmons15

Strange diagonal creases on forearm

Rate this topic

I was diagnosed with celiac disease 4 months ago.  I noticed these strange lines on my arm, I saw a dermatologist who said it could be lichens sclerosis.  I was wondering if anybody has these lines as and if you know what they are?  The skin is almost like crepe paper and a bit shiny. 

11535489-440E-46C5-9051-71EEF3E4F3EF.jpeg

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I think it's related to a deficiency of Essential Fatty Acids (EFA's).  Celiacs often have trouble absorbing essential nutrients, especially fat based nutrients like EFA's, vitamins A, D, E and K.  

You might try adding healthy fats to your diet like cod liver oil, flaxseed oil, olive oil, or hemp oil (not CBD oil although that has benefits, too).  

Hope this helps.

On 5/18/2019 at 12:10 AM, knitty kitty said:

I think it's related to a deficiency of Essential Fatty Acids (EFA's).  Celiacs often have trouble absorbing essential nutrients, especially fat based nutrients like EFA's, vitamins A, D, E and K.  

You might try adding healthy fats to your diet like cod liver oil, flaxseed oil, olive oil, or hemp oil (not CBD oil although that has benefits, too).  

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your response ! 

Hey! I have that exact thing on my arms. But it only shows up in the afternoons. I know th at sounds weird... Is this linked to coeliac disease?? 

Edited by Jazmyn

On 4/21/2020 at 2:51 PM, Jazmyn said:

Hey! I have that exact thing on my arms. But it only shows up in the afternoons. I know th at sounds weird... Is this linked to coeliac disease?? 

Hey, I have the same thing too! Did you find out what it is? I just had a baby who is 6 month and wondered if it’s from carrying her. 

Hi there, 

I recently noticed the exact same thing. I have shiny slightly smooth or dry ish skin on my underarm of my forearm. There are horizontal wrinkles going across it. I had a baby just over a year ago. Has anyone got a diagnosis for this? What is it? 

On 6/3/2020 at 4:43 AM, Rachelb92 said:

Hi there, 

I recently noticed the exact same thing. I have shiny slightly smooth or dry ish skin on my underarm of my forearm. There are horizontal wrinkles going across it. I had a baby just over a year ago. Has anyone got a diagnosis for this? What is it? 

I have the same thing. I had a baby 11 months ago I don’t have celiac from what I know. I hope someone responds to this post. Thank you, Jamie 

Stretch marks?   Your arms can plump up when you are pregnant and nursing.  Stretch marks just do not just appear on your belly.  They can occur after weight loss.  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test (DGP IgA only) and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Repeat endoscopy/Biopsies: Healed

On 6/3/2020 at 2:43 AM, Rachelb92 said:

Hi there, 

Hi,

I’m glad so many people responded. I have diagonal lines on my arm too. And I recently had a baby. I noticed them when he was about 6-7 months old. I haven’t found out what has caused it yet? 

I have a small area of my right forearm with the same diagonal stripes.  I have no idea what has caused them but have been avoiding most oil for a while. I don't react badly to gluten  products and have an underactive thyroid.  If anyone can explain what causes these red lines it might save me a doctor's appointment. 

On 5/11/2019 at 9:14 PM, Simmons15 said:

I was diagnosed with celiac disease 4 months ago.  I noticed these strange lines on my arm, I saw a dermatologist who said it could be lichens sclerosis.  I was wondering if anybody has these lines as and if you know what they are?  The skin is almost like crepe paper and a bit shiny. 

11535489-440E-46C5-9051-71EEF3E4F3EF.jpeg

Hi, did you get  a finalised diagnosis for this? I have it and it comes and goes. It's so odd and it'd be nice to get some answers. 

On 7/10/2020 at 1:42 AM, Colette B said:

I have a small area of my right forearm with the same diagonal stripes.  I have no idea what has caused them but have been avoiding most oil for a while. I don't react badly to gluten  products and have an underactive thyroid.  If anyone can explain what causes these red lines it might save me a doctor's appointment. 

Oh interesting, I have an intolerance to gluten and an subclinical interactive thyroid. I wonder if it's related? My left arm is affected and it started off small and then got bigger  

On 6/7/2020 at 9:20 AM, Jamie s. said:

I have the same thing. I had a baby 11 months ago I don’t have celiac from what I know. I hope someone responds to this post. Thank you, Jamie 

I have the same thing too. I have two kids and have noticed it 18 months after my second. 

On 5/25/2020 at 6:12 AM, PR3 said:

Hey, I have the same thing too! Did you find out what it is? I just had a baby who is 6 month and wondered if it’s from carrying her. 

On 4/21/2020 at 12:51 PM, Jazmyn said:

Mine shows up sporadically too..  have you found out what it is? 

I have grateful to find people with similar stories. I also noticed my lines 1 year after birth and have no idea what causes them. I don't believe I have an insensitivity to gluten although I do have eczema. I'm posting because I hope to receive a reply when someone figures out what the cause is.