This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

No More Happy Happy Happy

mookie03

mookie03 Contributor

I am very sad to report that happy happy happy is closing :( Check out this link for more info, i think this note is VERY unfortunate- and not good news for celiacs-- sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lauren M Explorer

I just got the e-mail notice too, and although I've never been there it's definitely sad news.

First "To Life," now "Happy Happy Happy" :(

- Lauren

MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

I'll have to order from them before they close then, waw.

flagbabyds Collaborator

I just got the e-mail too, I am going to place a huge order within the next weeks. :(:angry:

San Sad Sad :(

miamia Rookie

It is sad , I thought it would do really well. I went there a bunch of times when they first opened but then found a brand of cookie and deserts I actually liked better. I recommend them highly they are called Kates Baked goods. The cookies and brownies are so good. One of the restaurants in the GFRAP Bistango (great food!!!) has even started selling their biscotti for desert. You guys should check them out- the goods do not taste gluten free at all- theya re delicious everyone in my family is addicted to them and I am the only one with celiac.

Miamia

jenvan Collaborator

Sad to hear--and I'm on my way to NYC this spring too--dang it!

jkmunchkin Rising Star

I only went there once but this is definately sad.

I've been meaning to try the Kate's Baked Goods. They sell them at Westerly right?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

carriecraig Enthusiast

Oooohh, Kate's Baked Goods sounds good. Can these be ordered online? Or are they only found in stores?

miamia Rookie

They sell them at Westerly and Integral Yoga. I asked at Integral and the women there said they were very accomadating and if you email them they will deliver them. The address she gave me was katesgoods@gmail.com. You really have to try them, I have been meaning to eamil them to see what else they selll so if you do let me know what they say about delivering.

Miamia

miamia Rookie

Hey all,

I emailed kates Baked goods and placed an order. They sent me a sweet email and apologized for not having their website up and a product list so I was still able to order. I can't wait til it gets here!!!

MIAMIA

Guest laughs8

It's sad that Happy Happy Happy is closing...but I think Open Original Shared Link is actually better. It's not far from where Happy is/was, and everything I've had so far has been delicious.

mookie03 Contributor
It's sad that Happy Happy Happy is closing...but I think Open Original Shared Link is actually better. It's not far from where Happy is/was, and everything I've had so far has been delicious.

I'm glad you said that b/c i have been wondering about babycakes for a while now-- do you have any idea what their hours are? I have tried to go there twice now and both times they were closed! I'm dying to try it :P

Guest laughs8

I'm not entirely sure of their hours; I've only been in the evenings. The phone number is 212 677 5047, and there's a sign on their website that says they're now delivering in Manhattan...so hopefully, you'll be able to try them soon! I liked the carrotcake cupcakes the best, but they also had a tasty-looking chocolate-brownie concoction.

mookie03 Contributor

CARROTCAKE CUPCAKES!!!!! You made my day :D I went once during the day and once on a sat night (around 10) and it was closed both times but im working on trying to get myself down there soon. I live in midtown so its not exactly the kind of place ill "stop by and see if its open" but next time ill call first! Thanks so much

miamia Rookie

It seems like all gluten friendly places have weird hours. They like to make our lives more difficult. Ok But I just wanted to let you guys know that I got my delivery from Kates Baked Goods today and the stuff is great. My roommate( non celiac) and I split the brownie and both agree its one of the best we've had- gluten free or not. I got a bunch of the cookies too and cannot wait to try them. You guys should really look into them

MIAMIA

• 4 weeks later...
Laura Apprentice

I have to say, while of course it's sad when we lose any of our few options, I won't miss Happy Happy Happy nearly as much as I would Risotteria, both because I much prefer Risotteria's cookies and because I found the people at Happy Happy Happy a little snotty - I was so excited to be getting gluten-free baked goods (that I didn't have to make myself) and they kind of made me feel uncomfortable.

Archived