This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

dlp252 Apprentice

Happy (substitute) Birthday Carla!!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast
Once I get my results back, I'm going to be giving Carla's LLMD a call. Two weeks still to wait. Its driving me nuts(er)!

You might not want to wait .... you can always cancel the appt .... there will be several weeks of waiting as they're pretty booked.

Jin, Donna had mentioned being constipated after taking the charcoal, so it just seemed like testing to see if that was the problem made sense. I am still on the Samento.

I don't know anything about a blocked lymphatic system, but if there is such a thing, I'd say mine was! I was pretty shocked at the reaction to rebounding. I think it's important to work through this .... I'm really thirsty all the time and have had a couple more BM's than normal, so I think my body's working hard to get these toxins out.

I generally save saunas for good days ... I do epsom salt baths on bad days. In the beginning I did saunas every day, but now I don't as they really seem to stir up even more toxins. They can make me feel worse. I know that means I still need them to get rid of all these toxins .... so I still do them several days per week, just not during my herx.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Happy Birthday Carla!!!!!

It's not my birthday, LOL, it's the anniversary of the day I signed up for the forum, LOL. :lol: :lol: I had to put a birthday in to be able to use some of the features, so I put in my sign up day!

dlp252 Apprentice
It's not my birthday, LOL, it's the anniversary of the day I signed up for the forum, LOL. :lol: :lol: I had to put a birthday in to be able to use some of the features, so I put in my sign up day!

:lol: OMGosh, that's too funny! Now I sort of remember the discussion about this, lol! :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
Wow, hope it clears up soon! (pssst, although I'm not sure the rebounding helped my insomnia much though, lol)

I was thinking that since detoxing can make insomnia worse, and since the rebounder has made it worse, that maybe once I get cleaned out a bit it will get better???

CarlaB Enthusiast
:lol: OMGosh, that's too funny! Now I sort of remember the discussion about this, lol! :lol:

Well, I'm going to be gone for a while, so if anyone on the board starts a thread (I hope not!), please tell them to wish me happy second anniversary of being a forum member! :lol:

covsooze Enthusiast

A quick drive by

Thanks so much Jin for your pm. You're such a sweet heart :) Hope you're starting to feel a bit better. I will try to reply in a bit more detail tomorrow.

On the lymph nodes - mine have always behaved badly lol since I had glandular fever (mono). I think what I eat sometimes stresses them, but the worse thing for my lymph nodes seems to be alcohol - I can't touch the stuff anymore.

S x

Forgot to say, I got my neti pot today - I had to order it over the internet as they're very hard to come by in the UK. I love it already :) It's the first thing to make a real difference to my sinuses, which still aren't better.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

confusedks Enthusiast
Kassandra-

we have matching C D 57 scores- I guess I have to give up my title as lowest scorer- well we get to share the honor.

Miamia

Lol! Yay, we get to share the honor! :)

Dear Kassandra,

It does make you terribly drowsy. I take it, and it knocks me out a lot. I am stoned on this stuff. I have had to depend on it all the time lately. My stomach is so bad, I do not know what to do.

Does your PICC line still itch?

Wow, your celiac disease-57 count is identical to Mia's! :o Hers was also 24 if I recall correctly. Your Neutrophils seem a little high. I wonder what that means? The other count was too low.

Phenergan works pretty well, not great. What dosage are you on? I'm only on 25 mg every 8 hours, but sometimes I "cheat" and take it at 7 hours because it starts wearing off.

My PICC doesn't really still itch anymore. It's not because of the tape, well, actually there really isn't any tape on there, it's a tegaderm that covers the whole thing. It's because when we change the dressing, we clean the whole area really well and there are stitches, so they itch because they're trying to heal.

I don't know what the blood work really means either. The good news is that it's not that urgent that they were able to mail the results to me, instead of call me panicking. :)

Hubby seems to waffle back and forth between supportive and borderline-hostile about all this. You're probably right. He's worried, overwhelmed, wants to help, but doesn't know how. He's a caregiver by nature and I think he's just feeling powerless to help.

Thanks for the congrats about my levels. :) When the llmd's office called, they said my ferritin level was "normal". Well, according to the range, it is. Unfortunately, it seems they know nothing about "optimal" levels. Too bad. I'm sure many of their patients are going around with sub-optimal levels and would feel much better if the doc was more informed.

Nyxie,

My mom was like that in the beginning. She really was not very excited about the whole LLMD thing, but I think she showed anger towards me because she didn't know how to express her concern. ;) Now, she is totally glad we went and like I said yesterday, she cried because we finally know what is going on.

About the ferritin, yea, a lot of dr's don't have ANY clue about ferritin. As you may know, mine gets really, dangerously low, so I have a hematologist who watches it for me. I also wonder about people who say they are tired but their hemoglobin is fine, what about their ferritin?

AndreaB Contributor
I head back home in a day and a half, then will be busy packing to leave for the USA.

Can't wait til you get stateside.

I'm glad to hear that your gua sha (sp?) went better this time. Sounds like things have gone pretty well this week.

I'll be curious about your m b-12 test when you do it again.

I was never tested for C D 57 .... I always wondered what mine would have been. I think it would have been rather low since Lyme is my primary issue and I was doing so poorly.

I'm thinking your test would have been low too.

That is odd about hearing things.

Good morning everyone...I remembered two more things on the miasms. Cancer came up! :( Still not sure exactly what the whole miasm thing is about but that just can't be good, lol. Also, one that DIDN'T come up...MENTAL!!! :lol: I'm NOT mental! :lol: :lol: (That struck me funny if you couldn't tell, lol.)

I think we are all mental. :lol:

Cancer.....that can be a scary one. :o Could be toxins that have piled up and causing stress to cells.

Any news on getting those churchmembers getting your carpet out? I know that doesn't help with the cost of buying new carpet though..... I am concerned with the mold and everything else going on with you though.

ok that went well.

1.she is postive i have candida

2. she wants me to get my house tested for mold again

3. she highly doubts lyme but wants me tested anyay.

4. she thinks its a mold issue more then a metal issue from everything i told her.

5. seh took an blood sample, urine sample and my stool sample, she will call by firday with what she finds.

sorry for the typos but im exhausted, im going to go take an cat nap if i can get my 14 yr old to keep an eye on the kids, which i doubt he will lol

Sounds like a great appointment. :)

I'm glad you will get the house tested for mold again. That can cause a lot of problems.

Nyxie, Hang in there......two weeks seems like forever when you are waiting for results. I'd highly suggest Carla's idea on making the appointment with Dr. H.

Jin, Good to see you back again. :)

dlp252 Apprentice
Any news on getting those churchmembers getting your carpet out? I know that doesn't help with the cost of buying new carpet though..... I am concerned with the mold and everything else going on with you though.

No, nothing new. Two reasons really...the first and probably the most driving reason...I'm lazy. :P The second and most important for my mental reasoning...I've been considering leaving choir and maybe even switching churches and I wouldn't feel right about taking money or goods/services if I don't stay.

The good news is that I got a call from someone in the choir last night telling me that some of the issues that have made me want to leave MAY be addressed really soon. Very "odd" really, since I'd not mentioned those issues to her, but apparently a lot of people have been feeling the same way, and so she decided to call everyone in her encouragement group to let them know that there may be some changes. If THAT's the case, then I'll definitely talk to someone about the carpet.

AndreaB Contributor
No, nothing new. Two reasons really...the first and probably the most driving reason...I'm lazy. :P The second and most important for my mental reasoning...I've been considering leaving choir and maybe even switching churches and I wouldn't feel right about taking money or goods/services if I don't stay.

I don't blame you there. Hopefully things will work out.....sounds like they may. :)

I've been really tired in the afternoon's lately.....could that be my adrenals?

confused Community Regular

I just talked to my mom and she thinks maybe its in the base board heat system, so she wants me to call and get someone to come clean those out, it could be why my kids get sick all the time in the winter, i never thought of that. Im sure this wont be a cheap thing either, but oh well. She said its best to have the pros do it then me try to clean vents in an 2500 square foot home by myself lolpaula

dlp252 Apprentice
I've been really tired in the afternoon's lately.....could that be my adrenals?

It could be. My worst times are early morning and afternoons. Those are the times when my levels dip really low.

AndreaB Contributor
I just talked to my mom and she thinks maybe its in the base board heat system, so she wants me to call and get someone to come clean those out, it could be why my kids get sick all the time in the winter, i never thought of that. Im sure this wont be a cheap thing either, but oh well. She said its best to have the pros do it then me try to clean vents in an 2500 square foot home by myself lolpaula

Sounds like a good idea. I know I sneeze a lot whenever the heater is on. We don't have the money to get the vents cleaned. My husband cleaned what he could when we moved in and that was a filthy mess as it was. We don't have baseboards though.

Sounds like a good idea. I know I sneeze a lot whenever the heater is on. We don't have the money to get the vents cleaned. My husband cleaned what he could when we moved in and that was a filthy mess as it was. We don't have baseboards though.

Well if it is way too much beleive me i will try to clean them on my own lol. Even if i do one room a day but ill have to get an face mask for sure to be safe lol.

paula

CarlaB Enthusiast
On the lymph nodes - mine have always behaved badly lol since I had glandular fever (mono). I think what I eat sometimes stresses them, but the worse thing for my lymph nodes seems to be alcohol - I can't touch the stuff anymore.

Me either. It hurts my lymph nodes, and it makes me sick. Alcohol intolerance is a Lyme symptom. :(

Paula, I can't imagine your heating bills with baseboard heat! :o We used to have it upstairs here, but took it out ... it was so expensive!

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi all--

Just a quick drop in....I'm watching Oprah, and Dr. Oz is showing a tapeworm :o

He said that they can grow to 30' and can live for more than 20 years.

He's talking about all matter of parsites.....

dlp252 Apprentice

Patti :o I wonder if they'll show that same episode here today...not sure I actually want to see one though, lol.

Everyone,

What's a good amount of time to wait to make sure I don't react to the B12 shot...I got it Friday afternoon, and so far so good. I'm thinking it would have reacted by now if it was going to...I'm just a couple of hours shy of being 3 full days...that should be plenty right?

I need to call and schedule an appointment for training, lol. I guess I can always cancel if something mysteriously pops up. :P

AndreaB Contributor

Donna,

I would think you'd be ok if you haven't reacted as of yet.

dlp252 Apprentice
Alcohol intolerance is a Lyme symptom. :(

It's one of my biggies! Can't drink any amount anymore.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Patti, missed the parasite/tapeworm part .... but yeah, I knew they were long, LOL! How did he say to get rid of them? How common did he say they were?

Donna, sorry, don't know.

Hi all--

Just a quick drop in....I'm watching Oprah, and Dr. Oz is showing a tapeworm :o

He said that they can grow to 30' and can live for more than 20 years.

He's talking about all matter of parsites.....

omg 30' that is so big and so scary. Maybe i do need to get some humaworm, now im scared.

paula

OMG i found mold in my kitchen. in the kitchen we have a spot with hot water heater and stuff and i was wiping it out in there and i found mold, it was between the walls that came out cause of mold before, but we never touched in there, so that would make sense why mold is coming in threw the baseboard vents. I am freaking out here, then i moved the stove and there is mold under it cause my 14 yr just sweeps everything under there, i try to do clean under there once a week, but being so sick lately i havent. I had to come back and lay down cause im not feeeling good at all.

paula

jerseyangel Proficient
Patti, missed the parasite/tapeworm part ....

Here's a write-up of the whole show. The tapeworm part starts on page 4 (with picture)

Open Original Shared Link

CarlaB Enthusiast

Thanks, Patti. Yuck. Makes me nauseous to think about it.

Archived