This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

dlp252 Apprentice
Some shops charge up to $90 per hour but that is for really good places. Don't get me wrong, some places charge that much and aren't that great. I use a shop that charges 90 per hour, but they specifically deal with Vipers and Mustangs, and do work on some race cars. That's why I don't mind spending 90 per hour, but if it was just for my regular car or whatever, I wouldn't pay that much. My place that charges 90 per hour quoted me like $400 for all 4 shocks/struts. Donna said hers is just one, but even two should only take like 15 minutes longer than one. Donna, PM me before you pay someone a GOOGILLION DOLLARS!!!!

Deal! :)

DUH! :P Has my E-Flirting become so obvious to everyone now? I thought you all realized this some 50 odd pages ago or so?? :rolleyes: Besides, I think the cat is already out of the bag

Cat was out about 200-300 pages ago to some of us. :lol:

OMG, haha! I was of course thinking of your face until you put it in paranthesis. Now I'm thinking of swabbing your butt cheeks, and I can't stop laughing

Well, the conversation had JUST been about stool samples...I wanted to make sure there was no confusion. :lol:

From what the lady said yesterday she wants to handle the intolerances and what not, and let the other Doctors handle the Lyme and Candida I believe.

I will let Rachel tell all of her scientificness, but just wanted to add that it was a good informational (aka overwhelming) appt. Some of the most important questions were answered with positive answers, which is obviously awesome!

For now the lady wants to help Rach's body detox a bit so that Rach will be able to start taking certain supplements and eating certain foods that her body is now rejecting, but that are necessary to help fight the Lyme and Candida. For now Rach is supposed to be taking (you better do it cuz I don't want to have to kick you @ss!!) these drops to help detox. She is supposed to put them on her wrists in the AM and PM and let them slowly absorb into the skin/blood. I'll let Rach tell the rest....

Hope everyone is doing well!

Thanks! I am just so excited about this for Rachel, lol.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AndreaB Contributor

Thanks for the update Dave. We appreciate it.

If you were still in charge of her store I'd ask you to let her off on Friday, not that she wants off, I just think she needs off after this week's cleaning at the store.

jerseyangel Proficient

Thanks The Dave! This is such great news for Rachel :)

TheDave Newbie
Deal! :)

Cat was out about 200-300 pages ago to some of us. :lol:

Well, the conversation had JUST been about stool samples...I wanted to make sure there was no confusion. :lol:

Thanks! I am just so excited about this for Rachel, lol.

I am really excited too, she might need more convincing though :rolleyes::P

Thanks for the update Dave. We appreciate it.

If you were still in charge of her store I'd ask you to let her off on Friday, not that she wants off, I just think she needs off after this week's cleaning at the store.

I wish I was still over there, I wouldn't let her continue working with all the chemicals and so early knowing it puts such a strain on her. I would give her Friday off too ;)

She's a tough cookie though, she'll be fine and then she'll sleep the whole weekend away and be back to normal (well as much so as possible, afterall, she's still Rachel :P )

CarlaB Enthusiast

Thanks Dave, you made me laugh and I needed it. Tough day health-wise today ... Glad you are taking Rachel to her appts. I saw the e-flirting the first day you showed up! :P I don't think the cat's out of the bag though, Rachel still doesn't see it. :rolleyes:

AndreaB Contributor
She's a tough cookie though, she'll be fine and then she'll sleep the whole weekend away and be back to normal (well as much so as possible, afterall, she's still Rachel :P )

Yep, she's still Rachel. :lol::P

Carla,

Are you going through another down cycle with the detox your going through?

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla,

Are you going through another down cycle with the detox your going through?

That's what I'm hoping it is. I'm eating nothing but whole foods and nothing stays with me long or digests (sorry <_< ). It's been going on for a week ... whenever I eat, my stomach hurts, so I don't want to eat, plus it hurts to chew with the braces, so I have to force food down. Adam asks now for a list of everything I ate to be sure I am eating. I've lost most of the weight I worked so hard to gain. Today it's all caught up with me and I'm really tired. Up till now, I've had a lot of energy, well, compared to before.

Would it make sense that this is detox? I have been taking saunas every day, and what I've read about them says they make you detox heavy metals which can cause d. I KNOW I'm not getting any gluten or dairy. Everything I'm eating is fresh and I make it myself.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

What's the matter, Carla? :(

AndreaB Contributor

Dave,

If you're still on.....did you get some pictures taken of the pups?

CarlaB Enthusiast
What's the matter, Carla? :(

I posted when you did ...

AndreaB Contributor

Carla,

It seems I remember you posted about having good (up) and bad (down) cycles while getting back up to par with the adrenals. I don't know about your stomache bothering you when you eat though. Have you seen the doctor recently that is helping you through this?

dlp252 Apprentice
I am really excited too, she might need more convincing though :rolleyes::P

Hard to be excited when you're dead tired and getting up at the most ungodly of hours, lol. It IS exciting...it's been a tough week for her though. :(

Green12 Enthusiast

Rachel, awesome to hear about your appointment! I think it sounds like a great plan, to deal with some of the intolerances that are burdening your system in order for you to be able to tolerate the foods and supplements and etc in order for your body to heal from the Lyme, mercury, etc.. I'm glad you were impressed by the "machine" :lol: I don't understand it either, that's why I said it's better to not question it, but you are right, it knows....it just knows :lol:

Looking forward to further scientificness :D

Dave, thanks for the update, and for all the support you give Rachel. Those appt do get overwhelming and its nice to have another person there to take it all in too and fill in some of the blanks.

Carla, sorry you are not feeling well :( . I noticed you weren't around the last day or so. I am inclined to suggest you back down on the saunas for a while. It might be too much for your body yet to do them daily. That is my thought.

dlp252 Apprentice
That's what I'm hoping it is. I'm eating nothing but whole foods and nothing stays with me long or digests (sorry <_< ). It's been going on for a week ... whenever I eat, my stomach hurts, so I don't want to eat, plus it hurts to chew with the braces, so I have to force food down. Adam asks now for a list of everything I ate to be sure I am eating. I've lost most of the weight I worked so hard to gain. Today it's all caught up with me and I'm really tired. Up till now, I've had a lot of energy, well, compared to before.

Would it make sense that this is detox? I have been taking saunas every day, and what I've read about them says they make you detox heavy metals which can cause d. I KNOW I'm not getting any gluten or dairy. Everything I'm eating is fresh and I make it myself.

I'm sorry it's a bad day. I don't know much about detox, but I've always thought that the toxins will leave the body any way they can. Wish it would stick to the sauna for you!

jerseyangel Proficient

It could be detox--you've been adhering so well to the doctor's orders that it makes sense that you're healing rather quickly. That can definately make you feel worse before it makes you feel better. The Kinesiologist explained it to me like this: picture a ladder where good, balanced health is at the top. Somewhere along the line, you went to a much lower step, but there were steps along the way, that you might never have noticed or stayed on for too long. This took years.

On the way back up, you will revisit issues that you had earlier on. Sometimes from pretty far back. This is the healing process, and it can take a while. He said not to fight this--that symptoms (even unpleasant ones) are not always bad signs. :)

jerseyangel Proficient
My appointment went well. I really like this clinic so far...at the very least I feel like they will really try to find out why my body isn't functioning the way it should. They are a team (an MD, chiropractors, physical therapist and nutritionists) and treat the whole person, not just the symptoms.

This is great news, Donna! I need to find a place like that :unsure:

I "adopt" everyone's pets. Just ask Patti....her kitty is my desktop picture. He reminds me of a kitty I had years ago.

Got our intolerance test results back....man, oh man. I will be updating my sig with everyone's results. Still need to figure out some of it. We are already gluten, dairy/casein, soy free and now legume free which includes peanuts. Off to update my sig....if Seth will cooperate. :unsure: He just loves paper. ;)

I love it that Allo is your desktop :D I even told Mark about it!

I was looking over you and your family's test results. You all sound like you'll be eating like me from now on :o

AndreaB Contributor
I love it that Allo is your desktop :D I even told Mark about it!

I was looking over you and your family's test results. You all sound like you'll be eating like me from now on :o

He's still there. I copied over Dave's pups too.....still waiting for an update. I used to have some people get afraid when I called there pets mine. I've always done that. If I was talking to Allo I'd say something like "How's my kitty today?". I know they aren't mine but I love animals and have always referred to them in the posessive. Can't have any pets in our rental......so living for the pics of everyone elses adorable pets.

We can still eat coconut. :lol: I've got to figure out the garlic. Talitha is the only one who has a very low reaction to and we use that in everything (except fruit :P ). I LOVE Garlic! Biotek tests something from each family food group at least but there is still a lot of stuff out there. I'm in the process of going through the food groups and figuring what we have more than one positive response too. For instance, eggs, I don't want to give up chicken for the family and it gives us something else to eat. We only eat beef, salmon, chicken and turkey. If I had to get rid of the poultry and beef due to other intolerances that wouldn't leave us enough to eat. Since we know how everyone else testing on the meat, we should be ok. I didn't have that done since we weren't eating meat at the time. I had the vegetarian panel done which is what showed the millet, navy beans, kamut, canteloupe and watermelon. I'm curious to see how I would have tested on the meat panel and how they would have tested on the vegetarain panel.

CarlaB Enthusiast
It could be detox--you've been adhering so well to the doctor's orders that it makes sense that you're healing rather quickly. That can definately make you feel worse before it makes you feel better. The Kinesiologist explained it to me like this: picture a ladder where good, balanced health is at the top. Somewhere along the line, you went to a much lower step, but there were steps along the way, that you might never have noticed or stayed on for too long. This took years.

On the way back up, you will revisit issues that you had earlier on. Sometimes from pretty far back. This is the healing process, and it can take a while. He said not to fight this--that symptoms (even unpleasant ones) are not always bad signs. :)

This could possibly be it. My doc did mention, now that I've read this I remember, that I would revisit some of my old symptoms in the reverse order I had them to begin with. This was the main symptom I had before diagnosis, except back then I had brain fog and fatigue, and lots of other things (bruising, dizziness, etc.).

Julie, thank you for the suggestion. It's a hard concept to back down if what I'm really doing is getting better ... but I guess it may be necessary. The hair analysis co.'s dietary guidelines said that if the symptoms got too bad, to cut back on the supplements for a couple days, which I have done, except for the iron, thyroid, and adrenals.

I've actually had a lot of energy compared to before, until today. I actually am offline more when I have more energy, which is why I wasn't around. I'm probably just feeling weak today because I'm just not getting enough food. It's probably also just a down, feel bad time.

I saw my doc last week when I took my daughter in to see her. We discussed me briefly.

Thanks for all your support. Adam is a great support at home, but it's great to have others chiming in, too.

AndreaB Contributor

Laura,

I see you......have any news for us? :)

jerseyangel Proficient
I used to have some people get afraid when I called there pets mine. I've always done that. If I was talking to Allo I'd say something like "How's my kitty today?". I know they aren't mine but I love animals and have always referred to them in the posessive. Can't have any pets in our rental......so living for the pics of everyone elses adorable pets.

You can call Allo yours anytime! He's be honored :D

happygirl Collaborator

x

jerseyangel Proficient

Glad to hear you got in and back home safe! Listen to Mom and get some rest :)

dlp252 Apprentice
hey ladies,

xoxo,

Laura

Glad to hear your home...glad you are napping too, lol. We'll leave the light on for you...come back and post when you're rested. :P

AndreaB Contributor

Yes, Laura, get some rest and post when you can. :)

Simply-V Newbie

Laura - I can't wait to hear what happened and what news you have. :)

JulieM - Glad you liked that link. You might also enjoy this one: Open Original Shared Link

Its a bit more accurate on genetically similar plants/foods so you'll know which ones will probably cause a cross-reactivity problem first. Aka if you're allergic to corn also watch for: Lemon Grass, Sugar Cane, Citronella, Sorghum, Milo.

Andrea - If you have any symptoms such as headaches, stomach problems, skin problems, airborne allergies, etc.. you will want to lay off the milk. Even small IgE can be huge problems over time and there is no guarantee that one day you won't go into full anaphactic shock.

I wouldn't worry about eggs crossing with chicken or milk crossing with beef. It is rare that this occurs, as the usual allergens in eggs and milk don't make it into the muscle of the animal. Though I would remove any "feather" or "Down" products from the bed of the person with the egg issues, as those are usually linked airborne-to-food allergies.

If you want help developing a "safe list" of foods to cook with for your family, I'll be glad to help. I've done this several times for others.

Archived