This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Mtndog Collaborator
Don't forget the endless hours of staring they do...they just stare at you, lol.

Tee hee! actually I want to rescue an adult dog for my first dog. Not a puppy just yet.

Donna- How are you?

Dingo- Yes, I'm thinking of getting some of those My Pretty pony underwear with the ponies on the front. :P Or maybe a different heavy metal band on the back for each day of the week. Monday= AC/DC, Tues= Black sabbath, wed= slayer, Thurs=White Snake, Fri= Metallica, Sat= Led Zeppelin and sun=Spinal Tap :blink::P

Laura- I'm so excited for you! It doesn't matter that your mom is cooking you dinner. You are back in your element and when you get stronger, you can cook her dinner!

I gotta read this poison oak story of which you speak SusieQ

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dlp252 Apprentice

Hi to all! Laura, so glad your second day went so well!

My appointment went well. I really like this clinic so far...at the very least I feel like they will really try to find out why my body isn't functioning the way it should. They are a team (an MD, chiropractors, physical therapist and nutritionists) and treat the whole person, not just the symptoms. It was a fairly thorough consultation, and I will go back on Friday for my first official appointment which will be an exam by the medical doctor to rule out any medical issues and a visit with the chiropractor--mentioned my really sore neck, lol. He said something I suspected for a long time...that most doctors when they order tests only order tests which look for diseases and therefore they miss a lot of those of us who aren't to the disease stage yet, and yet something is causing our bodies to not work properly. I really feel like I need help figuring all this out and I think this is a really good step. I suspect I will be repeating some testing that I've already done, but I think the lab they use makes a difference and I'll bet the testing is more thorough. I have never been able to get a mainstream doctor to test thyroid thoroughly...they run a TSH, which even I know doesn't catch a lot of people.

I was just had a conversation with my mother on Saturday...and I have to say that my mother is very supportive and has been really great the past couple of years with all my crazy notions and ideas...it seems like every week I'm trying some new diet to see if it helps my health issues, but anyway, she said something on Saturday about when we get older we just start getting more health issues, to which I said, but I don't think it was supposed to be that way. Dr. today agreed. So there, lol. :P

Rachel, I saw Dr. Rick and I guess the girl I spoke to on the phone must have written Rachel and the Internet on the referral space...he didn't even need to hear the baseball cap thing, lol, said he knew who you were. :lol:

Tee hee! actually I want to rescue an adult dog for my first dog. Not a puppy just yet.

I've done both. My first dog I got as a puppy and the second was a rescue. They both have great pros and both have some cons, lol. They were both West Highland White Terriors (aka TERRORS), so the puppy years were especially trying because that darned dog was hyper. Good thing I wasn't sick back then, lol. But, she was the cutest, best little friend with such a great personality. Had to put her down at a young 8 years old though...quite sad. The second one I rescued from a vet...her owners had turned her in to be put down--she was older (11 years I think) and had a LOT of health issues (gee, was that kismet or what, lol) and the owners were elderly and just couldn't care for her anymore. She had her share of quirks (old dog/new trick things), but I just loved her and she also had great personality. I only had her two years though before all the health things finally got too much for her.

AndreaB Contributor

Donna,

That's great that you feel comfortable with the new doctor. :lol: about him knowing who Rachel was.

Laura,

Your job sounds like it's going well. So good to know that your mom is able to be there to help you.

Susan,

I read your story. :o

Bev,

If you get a puppy/dog I want pictures. I "adopt" everyone's pets. Just ask Patti....her kitty is my desktop picture. He reminds me of a kitty I had years ago.

Got our intolerance test results back....man, oh man. I will be updating my sig with everyone's results. Still need to figure out some of it. We are already gluten, dairy/casein, soy free and now legume free which includes peanuts. Off to update my sig....if Seth will cooperate. :unsure: He just loves paper. ;)

happygirl Collaborator

x

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

LauraJ glad second day went so well.

Susan you still feeling ok today

Rachel, hope you can post your dr apt results

hi eveyone else.

judy

AndreaB Contributor
andrea-so give us the full scoop when you have a chance (what you all were before...and what the tests suggested). i'd be interested to see the whole deal!

Laura,

My doctor told us to go off of all foods that tested moderate and high. The low, he recommends eliminating what is comfortable in the lows but suggests elminating anthing above the midpoint.

We were vegan for the last 3 years and for 5-6 years before that were either lacto-ovo, or ovo vegetarian. Both Mitch and I were raised meat eaters. My curiosity is if we would have developed some of the intolerances if we hadn't eaten so much of a certain food. The kids, Talitha was lacto-ovo or ovo, I forget (our lacto was only cheese); Micah was raised vegan, we went vegan when he was 6 months old. Seth will be our first raised with meat. Thankfully the kids didn't test intolerant to any meats.

Micah didn't test postive for hardly anything which surprised me with his malabsorption he had. Maybe he's healed already as we've been gluten free for 4 months. We didn't have IgE testing on the kids though.....trying to save a little bit of money.

My allergy/intolerance test is what led us to get tested by enterolab after I found this site. My test said to go gluten free; Mitch's said to go casein free. I can thank Seth for bringing this all to our attention. We should be much healthier as we caught this before it got too bad. If it wasn't him it probably would have been Micah since he already had mild malabsorption.

Have you had allergy/intolerance testing? I'd really recommend it unless you're going to get tested for Lyme first or anything. Don't know if that was one of the things you were looking into or not (I forget).

We will be waiting for you to post tomorrow. :)

Hope Rachels test went well.....waiting anxiously for you to post too tomorrow. :)

Laura,

If you want to see the actual test result papers then pm your email address and I'll scan and send them.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

it's so lonely here late at night.......

<------- Had a good friend over for dinner tonight and she took a new photo of me and only one dingo - the one that would cooperate. ;)

Donna - that place sounds great and I am excited for you. Dang, it's not that far from me, maybe I should go?

Andrea - WHAT are you guys going to eat????? :o

Laura - so glad you have your mom there.

I don't know what else. I guess I'm.....about 36 hours after the donut binge :ph34r: and still, nothin'. I continue to be extremely puzzled.

see you all tomorrow!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Mango04 Enthusiast

Hi Dingo. Cute pic. Are you feeling okay?

Guest melannen
it's so lonely here late at night.......

<------- Had a good friend over for dinner tonight and she took a new photo of me and only one dingo - the one that would cooperate. ;)

Donna - that place sounds great and I am excited for you. Dang, it's not that far from me, maybe I should go?

Laura - so glad you have your mom there.

I don't know what else. I guess I'm.....about 36 hours after the donut binge :ph34r: and still, nothin'. I continue to be extremely puzzled.

see you all tomorrow!

It is really quite here at night. A couple nights ago I was the only person on for a bit :o

Cute pic!

Mango04 Enthusiast

I thought maybe you were seeing all of those crazy things on your computer screen b/c of the donuts :ph34r::lol: haha I guess you fixed the screen though.

It's been quiet here today. See everyone tomorrow morning (er I guess it will be tomorrow night for you guys :rolleyes: )

DingoGirl Enthusiast

hi girls! I am feeling okay....just very tired now and up past bedtime. Lids are heavy..... -_- and I must go to bed................

see you later!

AndreaB Contributor

Great pic Susan! :D

Night everyone. I just came on to see what the posts were. :)

There are still lots of choices. Just makes recipes a little more challenging. Lots of food still available though. :P

I haven't started looking for things yet. Remember, we were vegan so I can work with the eggs in baking using ener-g egg replacer.

Talitha doesn't understand why she can't have dairy. I think she and Micah would have tested a little bit higher had we not been dairy free for a couple months. Even then, we hadn't had much. With Mitch and I both having an intolerance, somehow I think the kids would develop one.....but maybe not. Also since we've been soy free for so long, I think those numbers would have been higher. Doctor agrees that that could be a false negative since it had been longer than six months. On the other hand, some things register higher that we haven't had for a long time.

Simply-V Newbie
My doctor told us to go off of all foods that tested moderate and high. The low, he recommends eliminating what is comfortable in the lows but suggests elminating anthing above the midpoint.

Andrea, I'd really recommend you stay off all the IgG positive foods for at least 4 months. let your body heal.

A lot of your foods are very genetically similar, so I'm afraid your body will take its energy it used on the High IgG which you're now avoiding and put all its efforts on the low IgG.

Your doctor probably doesn't want to overtax you and feels that if you're avoiding most of them its better than telling you to avoid all of them and you not doing any of it. The lows are less risky, but to help your body heal, its best to completely free your body of all the IgG positive foods.

It seems most of your allergic foods fall into the following families: Legume, Grass, Mustard (cabbage), Gourd (melon), Dairy. Numerous ones in the same food families, you should definately try to avoid that entire family. See the following link: Open Original Shared Link

Try to avoid all on your list despite their rating. When I had mine done, some of my "lows" were bigger actual problems when I reintroduced them than others. One of my lows I'm actually severely IgE to, which I had no idea until I eliminated it (was in my daily multivitamin) and retried it.. nearly had to go to the ER.

Give your body a full break. You'll thank yourself for it later.

JMHO

Also almost forgot to add, that many of my IgG foods that were in the same family, were because I was IgE to something in that family. Aka beans, dairy, egg.

dlp252 Apprentice

Andrea - WOW, I'm finding it hard to figure out what to eat just for myself...I can't imagine trying to figure it out for an entire family, especially when everyone is a bit different. No wonder you're tired!

Susan - yep, the place is on Mary in Sunnyvale.

Speaking of the place in Sunnyvale, lol...they gave me a 3-page BioHealth (I think that's what it was called) Questionnaire to fill out at home and bring to my appointment on Friday...had some really good questions, but the one that stunned me was...Does your tailbone hurt? OMGOSH!!!!!!! It has for a few months now...I thought maybe when I had my colonoscopy done in April that maybe they bruised it or something--I never really noticed it hurting until after that. Now it hurts all the time. It even hurts if I lay on my back too long. HOW WEIRD IS THAT?! And, why would they ask that question on a BioHealth questionnaire...what does it all mean, lol? :blink::P

Mtndog Collaborator
Andrea - WOW, I'm finding it hard to figure out what to eat just for myself...I can't imagine trying to figure it out for an entire family, especially when everyone is a bit different. No wonder you're tired!

Susan - yep, the place is on Mary in Sunnyvale.

Speaking of the place in Sunnyvale, lol...they gave me a 3-page BioHealth (I think that's what it was called) Questionnaire to fill out at home and bring to my appointment on Friday...had some really good questions, but the one that stunned me was...Does your tailbone hurt? OMGOSH!!!!!!! It has for a few months now...I thought maybe when I had my colonoscopy done in April that maybe they bruised it or something--I never really noticed it hurting until after that. Now it hurts all the time. It even hurts if I lay on my back too long. HOW WEIRD IS THAT?! And, why would they ask that question on a BioHealth questionnaire...what does it all mean, lol? :blink::P

Andrea- You must be quite a creative cook! Want to share recipes? I can't do legumes at all and the two things I miss most are peanut butter and believe it or not, green beans!

Donna- that's so wild. I wonder if there's a connection between tailbone cysts (which is what I bet you have- I forget what they're called- but I have one that acts up from time to time and when I was younger, my friend who had diabetes had to have one removed) abd autoimmune problems. You'll have to let us know if you find out why they ask that!

Oops.. just looked it up. They are called pilonidal cysts.

susieQ- I LOVE your new pic. You look beautiful!

Hugs and good morning to all, B

Green12 Enthusiast
Well I am off to flirt with the guys down the street laying sod and see what they do with leftover grass. ;)

:lol::lol: That's a girl :lol::lol:

...and how did that go???

You look BEAUTIMOUS and GORGIFUL in your picture, good to see smiles on your face!!!

Donna, sounds like you had a really good appt yesterday, how exciting for you. The set-up of the center, with all different specialties, is neat. I think you are in good hands, and I hope they get to the bottom of all of your health issues :)

Bev, tail bone cysts? Funny you mention this because I had one when I was younger I remember. And at times the area is tender. What does it all mean?

Andrea, wow. Lots of new info from your tests. This is what worries me about getting tested, there is so little I can eat and that I feel I am decently stable on if I would come back positive to any of it I would just die to have to cut anymore out. Good luck as you figure out what to feed the family :)

Laura, look forward to hearing about your appt today :)

Hi Mango!

Simply V, great link. I have been looking for that info for some time now, a chart/list of the food families. Thanks for posting it.

Looking forward ot hearing about what all happened with Rachel's appt yesterday too.....

Hi Judy!

dlp252 Apprentice

Well, I looked up pilonidal cysts and some of what I read doesn't sound exactly like what I have and some does...the sorest spot is right where that bone ends, and I've never associated the pain with skin...more like muscle, but the way things are going for me lately, I not sure I can really tell anymore WHAT is bothering me, lol.

I had another ephiphany whilst sitting here this morning...I am seeing the mercury dentist today so decided I'd go look to see how many fillings I still have. I was thinking I had a ton of them, but in actuality, I only have 4 left...two very small ones in two of my front teeth, and two large ones in two molars. I have 5 gold crowns and the new procelain crown. I DID have fillings in all those teeth, all put in originally around the same time when I was around 12-14 or so (so 1967-to 1970ish). All the crowns have been put in in the last 10-12 or so years by the regular dentist I've been seeing...so, in other words, no precautions when removing the old amalgams...just the normal drill till it's gone, try to suck up the particles and put in a new filling or crown. Before the crowns almost all of those teeth had the fillings replaced at least once (by my current dentist)...in fact I'm certain I had to have crowns because of the refillings because shortly after they were refilled the tooth cracked in almost all of them (I think). I'm also certain that both of the root canals I've had done were a result of the redrillings.

So, the last 10-12 years is when my health started steadily decreasing...not bad at first, but having bronchitis, tonsilitis, etc. Things got really bad after my hysterectomy in 2001 with almost chronic infections and fatigue.

Sorry, I'm just rambling and putting my thoughts down...not sure why, lol, but I MUST remember to tell them all this both today and on Friday with the other doctors.

AndreaB Contributor
Andrea, I'd really recommend you stay off all the IgG positive foods for at least 4 months. let your body heal.

A lot of your foods are very genetically similar, so I'm afraid your body will take its energy it used on the High IgG which you're now avoiding and put all its efforts on the low IgG.

Also almost forgot to add, that many of my IgG foods that were in the same family, were because I was IgE to something in that family. Aka beans, dairy, egg.

I'll give it a go. Some of them were just over the line from no reaction. The only thing I tested IgE allergic to was dairy, which was low. I quite on dairy again because of that though. Didn't have the IgE done on the kids as I was trying to shave some money.

AndreaB Contributor
Andrea- You must be quite a creative cook! Want to share recipes? I can't do legumes at all and the two things I miss most are peanut butter and believe it or not, green beans!

Not creative at all. I have been eating some of the veggies on my low list as well as canteloupe and watermelon. We just got the rest of the family's tests results yesterday.

Now I've got to go through the food groups. Doctor gave me a booklet with those too. Must get to the store sometime today or tomorrow.

Donna,

Your situation sounds suspiciously like mecury problems. My dentist shaved the tooth down for my crowns, so the amalgam was shaved down with it. I had a dam in my mouth but that's it. My doctor wants me to have them taken care of but by the time I get the rest of my crowns I'll only have a pinpoint one (front tooth) and one other one of which the tooth could not be saved if it was taken care of. If my intolerances are due to that then what about the rest of the family. No one has amalgams but me. Mitch has a capped tooth that he broke when he was around 8, other than that he's just had a wisdom tooth removed a couple years ago. The kids have none.

dlp252 Apprentice
Your situation sounds suspiciously like mecury problems. My dentist shaved the tooth down for my crowns, so the amalgam was shaved down with it. I had a dam in my mouth but that's it. My doctor wants me to have them taken care of but by the time I get the rest of my crowns I'll only have a pinpoint one (front tooth) and one other one of which the tooth could not be saved if it was taken care of. If my intolerances are due to that then what about the rest of the family. No one has amalgams but me. Mitch has a capped tooth that he broke when he was around 8, other than that he's just had a wisdom tooth removed a couple years ago. The kids have none.

A mystery to be sure for the kids and hubby! I'm pretty sure there isn't much left of my real tooth under most of my crowns, it scares me a little if they have to be replaced, yikes!

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I just caught up with the posts...hope everyone is doing well today. :)

I'm soooo tired right now....could easily fall asleep right here on the keyboard. -_-

No Susan...the heinosity isn't over yet...in fact its getting more and more heinous with each passing minute.

I'm burnt out...can hardly type....not enough sleep last night cuz of the Bioset appt. and having to get up so early. I've been working alot of overtime all week too. I'm going in probably at midnight tonight and the whole thing will be over at 8 am tomorrow....finally. Stupid "show and tell". :angry:

I used to LOVE the crazy days...I'm not afraid of work thats for sure....the busier the better. Now that I'm sick I still have the same drive but my body gets worn out pretty fast...just the extra stress is enough to set me back. :(

Oh...I've gotten killed by the chemicals all week too. The floor guys....waxing and buffering and waxing and buffering....OMG...they are KILLING me! I think thats what is actually wearing me out more than the actual work. Oh and tonight/tomorrow they want to wax the floor in front of the dairy...I told them to do it before I get there. The guy told me they cant that I need to "give them a break". :huh:

OMG....give them a break??? Give ME a freakin break...I can barely breathe....got brainfog so bad I cant even share my scientificness right now! :angry:

Well...thats my rant...I'll be going back to work now. :(

My appt. was very very telling....my mind is overflowing with science but its all jumbled. :unsure:

Dave went with me....I was thinking I could do this appt. alone cuz it was just some electronic test...no big deal.

It was a good thing he went cuz for the first time in awhile I just got overwhelmed with everything....had a little meltdown...ended up in tears. Yup....now The Dave has seen me cry. :ph34r:

My mind is pretty fuzzy right now....Dave had to explain alot of stuff to me.

OMG...the test is REAL... :blink:

I have no clue how it works...it just does. I "tested" the test and somehow it knew. :unsure: I put very little info. on my paperwork but the machine picked up on everything....it was pretty crazy.

There is so much to tell....

I told the lady I might break her machine with all my "issues"...well....lets just say the machine was very busy with me. The lady has seen people as bad as me before but she said its been awhile since she saw someone this reactive.

The good news is she said I can get better. In 6 months to a year I could be eating close to normal again....not thinking about chemicals and reactions and everything else that rules my life these days. I have ALOT of stuff wrong with me. :(

The lady is GOOD....she knows her stuff....was blowing me away with scientificness. She knew alot about Lyme...she seemed to know alot about everything that we talk about here.

I'll have to get some sleep after work so that I can tell you guys all that I found out. For starters...I have Lyme Disease, a MAJOR Candida problem, heavy metals, my immune system is reacting to everything....including my own adrenaline and cortisol and even T3 thyroid hormone. :o

The adrenaline thing makes sense....no wonder I get a major flare-up of symptoms everytime I get the timiest bit excited. I have to always remain calm. <_<

I react to nearly ALL foods....we're talking about a really long list of foods....but this was no surprise.

I react badly to Vitamin C and magnesium....which I happen to NEED in order to get better.

I cant take supplements....no surprise there either.

The lady says she can fix all this...she said thats what she does. The chemical and food sensitivities are the easy part she said. :blink:

We'll see....she seems highly knowledgable and experienced.

She told me some pretty serious stuff and my mind was just overwhelmed with alot of info. about whats actually going on with me. Dave was happy.....said it was great that after all this time I'm getting so many answers but for me it was just overwhelming. :(

jerseyangel Proficient

OMG Rachel--this is so exciting!!! I'm overjoyed for you :D

Get some rest, you deserve it!

dlp252 Apprentice

Wow, sounds like an exciting, productive appointment Rachel!!! I'm excited about this testing!!! So, now do you go back to that lady for the "treatments" or does she tell your lyme guy what you need?

AndreaB Contributor

Sorry about all the work stuff Rachel. That certainly doesn't help. Can you take Friday off and rest up a bit, especially with them chemicaling (new word?) you to no end this week.

Get some rest after work and we'll look for you and/or Dave to post when you can.

Sounds like a positive experience despite all since the lady is familiar with so much.

TheDave Newbie
Is that all for California even. They charge $80-90 up here!

Now that's a good idea. :lol:

Some shops charge up to $90 per hour but that is for really good places. Don't get me wrong, some places charge that much and aren't that great. I use a shop that charges 90 per hour, but they specifically deal with Vipers and Mustangs, and do work on some race cars. That's why I don't mind spending 90 per hour, but if it was just for my regular car or whatever, I wouldn't pay that much. My place that charges 90 per hour quoted me like $400 for all 4 shocks/struts. Donna said hers is just one, but even two should only take like 15 minutes longer than one. Donna, PM me before you pay someone a GOOGILLION DOLLARS!!!! :lol:

Oh my- My emoticons detect flirting and spatting! :P

DUH! :P Has my E-Flirting become so obvious to everyone now? I thought you all realized this some 50 odd pages ago or so?? :rolleyes: Besides, I think the cat is already out of the bag ;)

I got the egg test...did not show an intolerance in my case. The gene test is done through swabs of the inside of your cheek (on your face, lol).

OMG, haha! I was of course thinking of your face until you put it in paranthesis. Now I'm thinking of swabbing your butt cheeks, and I can't stop laughing :lol:

You know how some days EVERYTHING (like putting your underwear on the right way as opposed to backwards!) FEELS LIKE SUCH a BIG DEAL.

Doctor's orders - Start wearing thongs. Guaranteed you will notice RIGHT AWAY if you put them on backwards!

Wow, sounds like an exciting, productive appointment Rachel!!! I'm excited about this testing!!! So, now do you go back to that lady for the "treatments" or does she tell your lyme guy what you need?

From what the lady said yesterday she wants to handle the intolerances and what not, and let the other Doctors handle the Lyme and Candida I believe.

I will let Rachel tell all of her scientificness, but just wanted to add that it was a good informational (aka overwhelming) appt. Some of the most important questions were answered with positive answers, which is obviously awesome!

For now the lady wants to help Rach's body detox a bit so that Rach will be able to start taking certain supplements and eating certain foods that her body is now rejecting, but that are necessary to help fight the Lyme and Candida. For now Rach is supposed to be taking (you better do it cuz I don't want to have to kick you @ss!!) these drops to help detox. She is supposed to put them on her wrists in the AM and PM and let them slowly absorb into the skin/blood. I'll let Rach tell the rest....

Hope everyone is doing well!

Archived