This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Carla is your appt. tomorrow?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla is your appt. tomorrow?

YES!!!

dlp252 Apprentice
I had a hair analysis and the supplements were based on what I actually needed. I do take an adrenal complex with adrenal in it and a thyroid with glandular thyroid. Also, a multiple, C, E, B Complex, cal/mag/zinc. I have taken garlic for years because of candida. I also take St. John's Wort. There are a few others that were specifically from the hair analysis.

Ah, they based the supplements for me on the results of the saliva test, but what I'm taking sounds similar to what you're taking...an adrenal support (lots of things in it), calc (also with lots of stuff in it), progesterone, DHEA, pregnenelone, melatonin and D-aromatase which is on order so don't have it yet. No thyroid though...I'll have to ask them about that.

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular
too sad today to even add a smiling emoticon. hoping it will pass.....dunno what's up..... :huh:

Susan, are you up for an experiment? My physical therapist swears that swinging your arms when walking releases endorphins and other good chemicals. I never bothered to look it up, but made a big effort to swing my arms after she told me that (it was an effort as I had major mangling of one shoulder, very painful, arm did NOT want to swing). Maybe it was just the power of suggestion, but I really did feel much more cheerful/less cranky.

Anyway, when you take the dingos out today, maybe you could swing your arms and walk briskly--and then come home, get on the computer and tell us if it worked or if my physical therapist is full of crap. :D

(Either way, I hope you feel better.)

dlp252 Apprentice
Hey Donna,

Just put a roast in the oven and literally sprinkled it with that salt. I have mainly been using mine with cooking. I've heard good things about the c and salt therapy.

I'd like to learn more about this salt and treatments.

Ha, I hadn't read this yet, but I used it on my chicken earlier! Great minds... :P

Hi Donna, "in honor of me", shucks. :) I started with just 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon Vitamin C or a 1 gram of Vitamin C in tablet form. After a few days I increased it to 1/2 teaspoon and it was then that I really noticed my energy kick back in although even on the 1/4 teaspoon I noticed a difference. I'm curious to know what you think, please keep us updated. :)

Lee, this is a good site for information about salt/c:

Open Original Shared Link

Thanks Rhonda. I haven't started with the C yet, but will take some with lunch.

In case the swinging arm thing doesn't work, maybe this will. Someone apparently got thoroughly sick of telemarketers, and made the following website: (it's hilarious) Open Original Shared Link

dlp252 Apprentice
Rhonda, I have one floater in my right eye that has been there for years. I just went to your Lyme Strategies site ... the floater looks EXACTLY like the picture on the bottom left! Does this mean anything?

Yikes! I sometimes get one that looks like the upper left, but not often. I'll have to pay more attention the next time I get the floaters I usually get.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast
In case the swinging arm thing doesn't work, maybe this will. Someone apparently got thoroughly sick of telemarketers, and made the following website: (it's hilarious) Open Original Shared Link

What a riot!!!!

Susan, swing your arms A LOT and watch people's reactions ... then you can go home and laugh all day!! Actually, I'd bet it gets your blood circulating pretty well.

Ah, they based the supplements for me on the results of the saliva test, but what I'm taking sounds similar to what you're taking...an adrenal support (lots of things in it), calc (also with lots of stuff in it), progesterone, DHEA, pregnenelone, melatonin and D-aromatase which is on order so don't have it yet. No thyroid though...I'll have to ask them about that.

If your adrenals are functioning properly, it will help your thryoid, so that may be why they didn't start you on thyroid. I've taken thyroid for years because of low basal temps.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

What are floaters exactly?

Is it just stuff thats floating in your eyes....getting in the way of your vision? Can you see the floater in the mirror? I never had anything in my eyes like whats in the pictures. Occassionally I'll see some little lights....like when the sun hits a colored glass...something like that but without color. It doesnt happen very often though. Usually when something's floating in my eye....its because something is really there.....like a piece of fuzz or an eyelash....but I dont think I've ever had the "floaters" that you guys are talking about. :huh:

Do they go away?

CarlaB Enthusiast
What are floaters exactly?

Is it just stuff thats floating in your eyes....getting in the way of your vision? Can you see the floater in the mirror? I never had anything in my eyes like whats in the pictures. Occassionally I'll see some little lights....like when the sun hits a colored glass...something like that but without color. It doesnt happen very often though. Usually when something's floating in my eye....its because something is really there.....like a piece of fuzz or an eyelash....but I dont think I've ever had the "floaters" that you guys are talking about. :huh:

Do they go away?

You can't see them in the mirror. Mine is a black (or no color, just dark) thing that floats around my eye inside the eye. I can see it, and it's in the same spot all the time but looks like it floats because I move my eye. I only have one and it looks just like the bottom left pic on the page Rinne posted.
Rachel--24 Collaborator
Susan, swing your arms A LOT and watch people's reactions ... then you can go home and laugh all day!!

:lol::lol:

I always see people who are out on walks swinging their arms....maybe this is why? :huh:

I can pretty much guarantee that if I walked down the street like that right now I'd feel better too. I'm laughing to myself just picturing it in my head. I'd probably be hysterical if I actually did it! :lol:

You can't see them in the mirror. Mine is a black (or no color, just dark) thing that floats around my eye inside the eye. I can see it, and it's in the same spot all the time but looks like it floats because I move my eye. I only have one and it looks just like the bottom left pic on the page Rinne posted.

Yikes...those pics scare me. :ph34r:

Are you gonna mention it to the Dr. tomorrow?

CarlaB Enthusiast
Are you gonna mention it to the Dr. tomorrow?

Probably.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Susan, are you up for an experiment? My physical therapist swears that swinging your arms when walking releases endorphins and other good chemicals. I never bothered to look it up, but made a big effort to swing my arms after she told me that (it was an effort as I had major mangling of one shoulder, very painful, arm did NOT want to swing). Maybe it was just the power of suggestion, but I really did feel much more cheerful/less cranky.

Anyway, when you take the dingos out today, maybe you could swing your arms and walk briskly--and then come home, get on the computer and tell us if it worked or if my physical therapist is full of crap. :D

(Either way, I hope you feel better.)

thanks Alison....I am a BIG arm swinger, in the orchard, no one can see us, and I walk SO fast and so hard that my legs hurt. We are heading out soon....I can't stop crying. My sadness, which sometimes hits me so hard - some days worse than others, don't know why - - has to do with the fact that life has passed me by.....and while gluten removal has been the best thing ever for my mental health, I am starting to realize that it is.....too little too late. :(

What a riot!!!!

Susan, swing your arms A LOT and watch people's reactions ... then you can go home and laugh all day!! Actually, I'd bet it gets your blood circulating pretty well.

If your adrenals are functioning properly, it will help your thryoid, so that may be why they didn't start you on thyroid. I've taken thyroid for years because of low basal temps.

:lol: Okay but do you know wha t is even weirder and scarier? when people DO NOT move their arms at all when they walk. Just saw a man do this in Target, it is really weird, I think they ahd a Seinfeld episode on it...I think it was MOlly Shannon, Elaine was freaked out because she didn't swing her arms......anywho it makes you look REALLY crazy to NOT swing your arms.....everyone try it at home today and do it in front of someone, they will laugh. :)

CarlaB Enthusiast
My sadness, which sometimes hits me so hard - some days worse than others, don't know why - - has to do with the fact that life has passed me by.....and while gluten removal has been the best thing ever for my mental health, I am starting to realize that it is.....too little too late. :(

Your life has NOT passed you by. You've had good experiences and bad. It did not necessarily go the way you meant for it to go, but you have had good times and bad times along the way. You have met many friends, including in strange places like internet message boards. You have a love of animals and have shared your life with some of them (some of them were even humans :P ). You have definately been living your life, even if it's not exactly as you had planned it to be. Actually, mine hasn't gone as planned either! Do you really think I thought I'd be a stay-at-home mom with six kids!!! :P We adjust as we go along. It's work no matter what path we take.

AndreaB Contributor

Susan,

Smiles and hugs for you. Maybe you're out with the dogs now. We are in for more rain this week. What's new for Washington huh?

Carla,

Excited for the first part of your lyme diagnosis process tomorrow. :) One more piece of the puzzle.

Hi everyone else!!!!

Guest melannen

Whew! Finally caught up! Hopefully I'll do a better job at keeping up...for a little while at least :)

Hello everyone!

TriticusToxicum Explorer
thanks Alison....I am a BIG arm swinger, in the orchard, no one can see us, and I walk SO fast and so hard that my legs hurt. We are heading out soon....I can't stop crying. My sadness, which sometimes hits me so hard - some days worse than others, don't know why - - has to do with the fact that life has passed me by.....and while gluten removal has been the best thing ever for my mental health, I am starting to realize that it is.....too little too late. :(

It sounds like you may need to kick it up a notch and jog like Pheobe did on "Friends". :P Remem?ber, Rachel was embarrased to be seen running with her, and then she tried it herself? I loved that episode! Life can't pass you by when you are moving like that! :D (careful not to scare the dingos :o )

rinne Apprentice

Floaters, I don't think they are the bugs themselves but then I don't know what they are. I know I have had them in the past but I haven't had any for some time. I have heard that with treatment for Lyme they do go away but depending on the severity and length of time you have had them they may not all go away. :(

Lee, sorry, I should have told you to go to the third link and read the information on the salt/c treatment.

The first two links are related to the discussion group on Yahoo that is for folks doing the salt/c.

Susan, I'm so sorry you are feeling down. Here is what saves me: my deepest feeling is that between birth and death we only have just this one breath to experience our lives, not the story of our inherited lives. I think that as children we take up the story of our family and spend our lives embroidering on it and if our family story is a healthy one that may be great but if our family story is filled with grief then our lives may just be a continuation of that. We can have another life, we can have the life we choose, we can tell ourselves another story, there is one I love about a brave Dingo Girl........:wub:

Rachel, beyond gross but at least they are microscopic. I felt worse the time I found out I drank dead mouse water. Does anyone know the code for the green gagging emoticon. :lol: I should be able to figure it out.

Susan, Life has NOT passed you by!!! You are still here living it! And I feel VERY blessed to have "met" you, and there are many, many people (and dingoes) you have yet to meet! And you will have an effect on them--and therefore on their children and grnadchildren and great-greatchildren and....

What would you like to do with your life that you are not on the way to doing already? What little baby steps can you take towards doing those things?

I know my life is not a direct comparison to yours, but that is pretty much what I have been doing since my accident in January. My goal is to get back to where I can play my violin again, and every exercise, every stupid arm swing is a small step towards that end. And it gets awfully frustrating--I am sick of doing the stretching exercises and the weights (and I am told I will have to do both forever unless I want to retear), and I would much rather be playing concerts than be going to physical therapy!

But if I quit now, then there is no chance at all that I'll ever get back on stage.

So I keep plugging along.

Just think, you may have had an effect on the idiot at the bar, who may someday dandle his grandkids on his knee and tell them about the one that got away (you!) because he had brain fog....

I believe in you.

Guest melannen
Susan, Life has NOT passed you by!!! You are still here living it! And I feel VERY blessed to have "met" you, and there are many, many people (and dingoes) you have yet to meet! And you will have an effect on them--and therefore on their children and grnadchildren and great-greatchildren and....

What would you like to do with your life that you are not on the way to doing already? What little baby steps can you take towards doing those things?

I know my life is not a direct comparison to yours, but that is pretty much what I have been doing since my accident in January. My goal is to get back to where I can play my violin again, and every exercise, every stupid arm swing is a small step towards that end. And it gets awfully frustrating--I am sick of doing the stretching exercises and the weights (and I am told I will have to do both forever unless I want to retear), and I would much rather be playing concerts than be going to physical therapy!

But if I quit now, then there is no chance at all that I'll ever get back on stage.

So I keep plugging along.

Just think, you may have had an effect on the idiot at the bar, who may someday dandle his grandkids on his knee and tell them about the one that got away (you!) because he had brain fog....

I believe in you.

Ditto :)

We love you Susan!!

Mtndog Collaborator

Susie- Fiddle Faddle said it so well. And hi Jess!

Your life has NOT passed you by. You have a niece you go visit at a pub where men think you're beautiful (as we know you are). You have two dingos that love you to death. You paint. You live in a house that you're always doing cool stuff to. You live in California! You make us laugh. You make us cry laughing sometimes. You've had relationships. Just because they ended doesn't mean they weren't significant.

I know how you feel- I never expected to be 39 and not have any kids. I thought I'd be married at 25 with kids and a ski house. I didn't get married until I was 36 (I had just lost hope when I "'met" my hubby). A friend of mine who was 35 was applying to adopt a child because she had given up on finding a hubby when she met the man she now has 3 children with. There's something about giving up and just not caring anymore that makes a difference.

Love yourself as we love you. Seriously, we all adore you here- it's time you see yourself as the Susie we see. Funny, bright, talented!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I am not blowing sunshine up your bum bum. I MEAN EVERY WORD OF THIS!

You have done great things- you've traveled. Rock climbed. You are an animal magnet.

The question is, what do you want? And like Fiddle faddle said, what are the baby steps you can take to get it? :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

AndreaB Contributor

Susan,

Alison and Bev said it so well.

:wub:

happygirl Collaborator

x

rinne Apprentice

Hi Celia. :)

miamia Rookie
I've been reading here and there too...just wanted to say "hi" to all you guys!

Celia-

I've missed you

miamia

Archived