This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I didn't want to take my own life, I just didn't want to be in my body anymore. If that makes sense.

Yup....it makes perfect sense. Thats how I felt too...my body was broke and I wanted a new one.....or no body at all was fine with me. I just wanted the pain and all the weirdness to go away.

Andrea,

I'm glad you're dad called and told you exactly what he wants. Now you know and dont have to worry about overwhelming him. Everything will work out.....hang in there for the next 2 weeks. :)

I asked the Bioset lady about MSG. She basically said what we already know....that its a neurotoxin, affects the brain....all the same scientificness that we've discussed about MSG in the past. Its a nasty neurotoxin that we shouldnt put into our bodies. She said the same about Aspartame and Saccharin....that they are so bad for us yet everyone continues to consume them daily. I asked her why do people start reacting to MSG all of a sudden?? I felt like she looked at me kind of like "DUH" :blink: . Then she just said because its a neurotoxin...its like putting poison into your body...its not good for us.

I asked her if her treatments can de-sensitize reactions to MSG. She said that yeah...she can de-sensitize so that there is no "immune" response to MSG...she can eliminate the response that would trigger a migraine or other symptoms like that. However with MSG there are other things occurring that she cant prevent...she can only stop an immune reaction but cant change the fact that MSG is a neurotoxin that crosses the blood-brain barrier and can cause all kinds of problems including disease....she said it shouldnt be consumed.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Just heard from Evie's daughter Shirley

here is the post I just put on the new thread for her-

I just heard from Evie's daughter Shirley,

I haven't writen her back yet as wanted to post this ASAP.

I'm hoping she won't mind me posting her email to me.

I'm going to write her and ask her if she has time to print out the messages we write to Evie on the thread I did and take them to her in the hospital. I think they will cheer her up. Jim did that for me when I want in the hospital and it sure was wonderful.

Here is the email--

Hi-

Evie (My Mom) is in the hospital in Missouri with a serious intestinal infection, C-Difficile and there has been a problem with her kidney (she has only one). The infection has caused problems with the kidney, plus several other areas. She hopes to get to come home by mid week next week. The C-Dif is a very strong and BAD bacteria that takes over when too many antibiotics have been prescribed. She is doing better and the kidney is doing better - just a slow long process. I know she misses her friends on the forum and am sure when she gets home, you will be hearing from her again. I will let her know you are praying for her and thinking of her. Shirley

At least we know that she is in the hospital and her daughter is there.

Judy

AndreaB Contributor

Thanks Judy.....I posted on the Evie thread.

Rachel,

It's sad that we've been programmed through hidden taste enhancers to poison ourselves. That is really the long and short of it. It angers me that msg is hidden in so much. :angry:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

JUDY - - OMG - - thank you so much for your sleuthing on Evie.....I am SO glad we heard from her daughter! Evie definitely needs our prayers, C. Diff can be SO fierce, I did not know she had only one kidney..... :o poor, dear thing.

I guess it could be worse. I used to have pretty low standards on dates. I figured as long as there were no "Crying Game" moments it was a tic in the "ok" column.

dear gawd :lol:

Susan, George took it in the bathroom and the clerk made him buy it and you know George-he was really upset!

:lol:

Yes, then he tried to return it, but they had put a red dot on it which meant it had been in a bathroom and he couldn't take it back.

See all the things we learn on OMG? I love Saturday nights here :lol: More fun than the dates I dont' get that I think I"m going to get :blink::lol:

SusieQ- Glad you blew that guy off. He probably has no cajones anyway.

I guess we will never know, now will we. :lol: It is now widely thought that he has a girlfriend, he left last night at 7 when all his friends were still there, and same tonight. Hah! :angry: another pig, walking around like a charming and attentive male. bah. :P (oops, do I sound bitter?)

Andrea,

When I have visited very ill people and loved ones in the hospital I take them a small radio and put it on BBN. It is very comforting to them. When there is a bad storm I go to sleep with it on and it helps give me peace. Hugs, LindaLee

That is such a good idea, Lee. I dont' even know what BBN is, we don't have it here, sounds British though.

My oldest son decided it would be fun to cut the fabric of the couch. There was a snag that is now a gaping hole. :angry:

:ph34r::o:angry: oh dear........I don't suppose it's in a place where a pillow can cover it....no, of COURSE not..... :o

linda oh but you do :)

hechts was bought out by macy's. i know in particular the one at greenbriar converted to a macy's, even before i moved. :)

See, more good things to learn here on OMG :)

Very cute picture, Laura :)

Hi Julie, in case I forgot to say hi to you before! :)

'night everyone.

lindalee Enthusiast

Night everyone.

Susan, BBN is the Bible Broadcasting Network. They play soft soothing music at night.

AndreaB Contributor
I guess we will never know, now will we. :lol: It is now widely thought that he has a girlfriend, he left last night at 7 when all his friends were still there, and same tonight. Hah! :angry: another pig, walking around like a charming and attentive male. bah. :P (oops, do I sound bitter?)

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr......how dare he! :angry:

You bitter? Never. :P

:ph34r::o:angry: oh dear........I don't suppose it's in a place where a pillow can cover it....no, of COURSE not..... :o

No, of course not. It's on the arm. I think it got damaged shoving it through a smidgen to small doorway moving in. Scissors are so much fun to play with. :angry:

'night everyone.

Nighty night.

We've got pictures tomorrow morning so you guys may not see me until the afternoon. :D

jerseyangel Proficient
Thanks, I'll check out those too!! Patti, I got the toothpaste you reccommended and love it. Also got the tea tree one. I think I will be brushing my cat's teeth with that one. He was very upset about me going away and wouldn't eat for my friend. He is eating for me and I have been giving him the moist stuff(gluten-free) and chicken broth every time I eat it - He wants some! :D

Lee, Glad you love the toothpaste! I do, too :D

That's so cute about doing your cat's teeth--I'm glad that he's eating again, the poor thing missed you :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dlp252 Apprentice
Donna- I didn't know you were single?????

Yep, so very single. :lol:

Just heard from Evie's daughter Shirley

here is the post I just put on the new thread for her-

I just heard from Evie's daughter Shirley,

I haven't writen her back yet as wanted to post this ASAP.

I'm hoping she won't mind me posting her email to me.

I'm going to write her and ask her if she has time to print out the messages we write to Evie on the thread I did and take them to her in the hospital. I think they will cheer her up. Jim did that for me when I want in the hospital and it sure was wonderful.

Here is the email--

Hi-

Evie (My Mom) is in the hospital in Missouri with a serious intestinal infection, C-Difficile and there has been a problem with her kidney (she has only one). The infection has caused problems with the kidney, plus several other areas. She hopes to get to come home by mid week next week. The C-Dif is a very strong and BAD bacteria that takes over when too many antibiotics have been prescribed. She is doing better and the kidney is doing better - just a slow long process. I know she misses her friends on the forum and am sure when she gets home, you will be hearing from her again. I will let her know you are praying for her and thinking of her. Shirley

At least we know that she is in the hospital and her daughter is there.

Judy

So, if Evie is in the hospital, who DID I see, lol. Her user-name was definitely online yesterday--I even went back and check the last active time.

happygirl Collaborator

x

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Donna and Laura

I'll bet it was Shirley Evie's daughter who was on her Mom's computer.

i'm not sure but i got the PM from Shirley her daugther.

know Evie said one of her daughters told her about celiac.com. Learned that from a old post on the 'canning thread' which took me forever to find on here..oie..

anyway..I'm praying Shirley will just do easy pm's and then i can post or she can post here too but i'm sure if she's attending to mom is the hosptial, she's got alot on her plate.

was reading that Evie had a 6oth wedding anniv and all family was coming in..can't remember where i saw it now..been all over these 3 forums BUT :) IT PAID OFF AND I LEARNED ALOT MORE ABOUT OUR SWEET EVIE IN THE PROCESS.

Since i haven't been on this forum on a regular bases lately, you guys know i'm 'out of the loop'

thanks for all the wonderful notes to evie on the thread.

hope she joins us soon.

JUDY

dlp252 Apprentice

Thank you Judy!!!

CarlaB Enthusiast
I am off to the pub, in my running pants and fleece jacket, who cares :lol::lol::lol:

Love you guys :wub:

I was going to wait till I was caught up to write, but I couldn't resist this set up for a good teasing!! Maybe he heard rumors that you dressed like this to go out to a pub and thought you'd relate better if he had on his glasses and hat!! ;):lol: I sometimes wear a baseball cap and my glasses ... maybe I'm a dork, too. Yup, I play in the community band ... definately a dork!

I guess it could be worse. I used to have pretty low standards on dates. I figured as long as there were no "Crying Game" moments it was a tic in the "ok" column. :)

It sounds like you had fun. That's the main goal.

Get this ... I only ever dated three guys! I never had low standards .... one is a dentist in Atlanta and reminds me of McSteamy if any of you single girls are interested .... he's divorced.

dlp252 Apprentice

Hum, McSteamy-ish...wonder if I would like Atlanta, lol.

Carla - hope you don't mind if I re-ask you some stuff we talked about ages ago...this time I'm writing it down, I promise, lol. Does your doctor have you on any supplements for the adrenals? I'm taking all kinds of supplements--no prescriptions, just a lot of supplements. I swear, it's only been a couple of days and I haven't even been taking them all yet cuz I'm trying to introduce each one at a time to see if I react to any AND I was trying to finish that stupid stool test, but I already feel a little better...maybe it's placebo effect, I don't know, lol.

Rinne - I found some Himalayan salt at my Whole Foods yesterday, so in honor of you I bought some, lol. How much did you start off with. I'm drinking some warm water now with about 1/4 teaspoon I think. Reminds me of chicken broth without the chicken. :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast

LOL, oddly enough, he lives in the same area as many of my friends in Atlanta! I do work with the youth in the Church and our headquarters is in an Atlanta suburb, and he lives in the same place! Strange coincidence.

I had a hair analysis and the supplements were based on what I actually needed. I do take an adrenal complex with adrenal in it and a thyroid with glandular thyroid. Also, a multiple, C, E, B Complex, cal/mag/zinc. I have taken garlic for years because of candida. I also take St. John's Wort. There are a few others that were specifically from the hair analysis.

Julie, it is nice having more energy ... it definately comes and goes. I got my energy back with the salt/vitamin C. I'll probably require a lot of rest to make up for this weekend! I slept the whole drive home!

lindalee Enthusiast

Hey Donna,

Just put a roast in the oven and literally sprinkled it with that salt. I have mainly been using mine with cooking. I've heard good things about the c and salt therapy.

I'd like to learn more about this salt and treatments.

rinne Apprentice
Rinne - I found some Himalayan salt at my Whole Foods yesterday, so in honor of you I bought some, lol. How much did you start off with. I'm drinking some warm water now with about 1/4 teaspoon I think. Reminds me of chicken broth without the chicken. :lol:

Hi Donna, "in honor of me", shucks. :) I started with just 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon Vitamin C or a 1 gram of Vitamin C in tablet form. After a few days I increased it to 1/2 teaspoon and it was then that I really noticed my energy kick back in although even on the 1/4 teaspoon I noticed a difference. I'm curious to know what you think, please keep us updated. :)

Lee, this is a good site for information about salt/c:

Open Original Shared Link

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Get this ... I only ever dated three guys! I never had low standards .... one is a dentist in Atlanta and reminds me of McSteamy if any of you single girls are interested .... he's divorced.

that sounds quite good, I'll take him, generations of my peeps are from Atlanta, I'm sure I"m supposed to be living there.

too sad today to even add a smiling emoticon. hoping it will pass.....dunno what's up..... :huh:

CarlaB Enthusiast
that sounds quite good, I'll take him, generations of my peeps are from Atlanta, I'm sure I"m supposed to be living there.

too sad today to even add a smiling emoticon. hoping it will pass.....dunno what's up..... :huh:

Sorry you're sad ... here's your smile :D

Let me know when you move ... I'll tell you where to go to the dentist. :rolleyes: Then, next time I visit Georgia, I'll stay with you on your ironed pillowcases!! :)

My uncle did a lot of design for the Batista's houses (ex-prime-minister of Cuba's wife). She has ironed linen placed on the floor of her shower so her feet don't have to touch the cold marble (or whatever her shower's made from). Rinne and Susan, do you do that for your guests, too? :lol:

rinne Apprentice

Could there be any doubt? :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
Could there be any doubt? :lol:

LOL :lol::lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Rhonda, I have one floater in my right eye that has been there for years. I just went to your Lyme Strategies site ... the floater looks EXACTLY like the picture on the bottom left! Does this mean anything?

lindalee Enthusiast
Hi Donna, "in honor of me", shucks. :) I started with just 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon Vitamin C or a 1 gram of Vitamin C in tablet form. After a few days I increased it to 1/2 teaspoon and it was then that I really noticed my energy kick back in although even on the 1/4 teaspoon I noticed a difference. I'm curious to know what you think, please keep us updated. :)

Lee, this is a good site for information about salt/c:

Open Original Shared Link

Thanks Rinne, I clicked on but it said I needed to be accepted first. :rolleyes:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Rinne,

I just looked at that site. :unsure:

Are those things inside me?? :huh:

Woah....I am freaked out.....going back to bed to pull the covers over my head. :ph34r:

Thanks Rinne, I clicked on but it said I needed to be accepted first. :rolleyes:

:huh:

Maybe you are not a Lyme Lady and therefore cannot access the site?? :unsure:

This could be a good thing?? :P

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Sorry you're sad ... here's your smile :D

Let me know when you move ... I'll tell you where to go to the dentist. :rolleyes: Then, next time I visit Georgia, I'll stay with you on your ironed pillowcases!! :)

My uncle did a lot of design for the Batista's houses (ex-prime-minister of Cuba's wife). She has ironed linen placed on the floor of her shower so her feet don't have to touch the cold marble (or whatever her shower's made from). Rinne and Susan, do you do that for your guests, too? :lol:

this McSteamy dentist is probably looking for 30-year-olds......I think I have to start looking at the 60 and over crowd......yikes.

Um, IRONED LINEN on the shower FLOOR????? Now I have heard everthing :lol::huh: Sounds like Jackie Kennedy, who had her Anacini, or was it Frette sheets (they're about $1000 or more a set) changed TWICE a day in the White House.....she needed them freshened after her daily nap. WHAT-EVER :huh:

CarlaB Enthusiast
this McSteamy dentist is probably looking for 30-year-olds......

... which would explain why a good-looking guy who wants to settle down hasn't found someone to settle down with yet ....

Archived