This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I explained my symptoms to my acu, and he said - oh yeah, that's leaky gut syndrome. You are absorbing toxins you should be eliminating, and it affects your brain.

Claire....yup...thats what happens to me. The toxins dont get cleared and my brain gets affected....BIG TIME.

I'm doing Bioset treatments...its only been 2 wekks for me though. It wasnt Vega testing that I did....its BioSET. She did all kinds of testing on me....not just foods. My treatments arent focusing on de-sensitizing foods yet. We're still working on the main stuff.....which is clearing my detox pathways so that I'm detoxing more efficiently and so that I'm able to take supplements that I'm not able to take now.

I thought this was standard BioSet treatment but I just found out that my Bioset lady has some research, experience and training that the other Bioset practitioners dont have at this time. The other practitioners arent able to clear pathways and do the treatments that I'm getting done right now...I guess they mainly do food de-sensitization and other allergies. I think its really unfortunate that they arent all doing the pathway stuff because I think its the foundation of our problems.

Suppossedly this lady is good....which is why my Dr. sent me to her.....but I cant give any feedback yet....other than to say she is EXTREMELY knowledgable. As far as whether it'll work or not remains to be seen. My main problem is cheical sensitivities and my Dr. says this lady is the best in the country for healing chemical sensitivities so we'll see how well she does with me. :)

I react to almost all foods....I think I was about to blow up her computer as we went through the food testing. :ph34r:

I'm gonna post more about my last treatment later on today. Gotta go back to work now.....bye everyone. :wub:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Green12 Enthusiast
Okay just talked to my friend, she says we MUST go, and I am to briefly say hi to the idiot, and go on with my so-called fabulous life...... :lol::lol::lol:

Susie, I also vote for you to just go and get on with it. :lol:

Bioset- This is where my confusion began when Rachel started talking about it. I think there are two different things being talked about here, both called Bioset. Claire, I believe the Bioset your acupuncturist is referring to is the Bioset that I know about, and it is very much like NAET treatments, dealing with clearing allergies and sensitivities.

I don't know what VEGA testing is, but sounds like the Bioscan, maybe they are on in the same?

Richard, hope you find your mojo :lol:

rinne Apprentice
:blink::blink::blink: Where do I sign up?

Camp Rachelville--you know, there's gotta be some kind of way we can make a retreat for ourselves like this, take turns cooking delicious gluten-free food and ironing pillowcases. It can be done.

I totally agree. :)

Susan, sorry to hear you were down. Sounds similar to the brain stuff that happens to me - depression, and vivid dreams dreaming in other languages that I'm not proficient in. The negative brain stuff didn't completely clear up for me until I cut out all offending foods, well, mainly gluten, dairy, and corn. It still comes back sometimes when I eat sugar. I can get like Dr. Jeklly & Mr. Hyde. I explained my symptoms to my acu, and he said - oh yeah, that's leaky gut syndrome. You are absorbing toxins you should be eliminating, and it affects your brain.

Claire, it is great news to hear that you are feeling better, it is very enouraging.

I've been there too Susan, it has been a while but there was a time when I could go from a reasonably happy woman to an insane and inconsolable banshee in minutes. :ph34r: When I think of my poor sweetie and what he put up. :ph34r: When I am in one of my dark moods and Lyme makes for dark thoughts especially during herxing, I am still capable of feeling that I am utterly useless, that my life is of no benefit to anyone - least of all myself and that the best thing would be if I would just die and get the whole mess over with. In those moments I feel like I have failed at everything, that the choices I have made were wrong, that I am poisoned and poison. Shall I go on? :lol: Now I KNOW that if I am feeling that way it is because I have been poisoned by gluten or that I am herxing and the poison is leaving me.

Could we at least invite Alton Brown - just to hang out in the kitchen and and offer goofy scientificness about okra? I swear he and I were seperated at birth (probably a good thing)

I'd like to come and bake chocolate chip cookies for you all. Maybe I could trade cookies for a neatly pressed (light on the starch) pillow? (I own an iron, but I'm not sure where we keep it :ph34r::o )

Yes to Alton Brown, I love that show, yes to the chocolate chip cookies and you may have all the pillows you want, you may even have unironed flannel. :) I went to the site to send an email and couldn't find any contact except the media contact, is that the one people are using?

RICHARD!!!! yay! You will be COMMANDED To make your cookies. and PLEEEEZ, we don't STARCH the pillowcases, they are scented w/ lavendar water, of course from the lavendar rows and fields that Rinne will be tending in our fair land. :)

:) I like that idea. And Rachel, no artificial scents, YUK.

The infrared sauna was amazing. I loved the heat and I am not having my usual reaction to heat which is a particular headache that tends to become a migraine. Carla, I am so glad that you talked about your sauna experience, it really helped to know that someone else was doing it and finding it helpful. I did think there was an oily feeling to my skin in addition to the sweat.

dlp252 Apprentice

No mojo here. :lol:

TriticusToxicum Explorer
RACHEL. Remember where we ARE, dear, it's magic.....the scents will be of only the purest and most natural essences, they will not harm you, we are not talking Bounce dryer sheets here. :lol:

Richard....your mojo......oh I don't know. I think I have lost mine as well, the cute idiot at the car who was SO "into me" has never called, what the heck......and hemlock, isn't that quite poisonous? we'll just stick a bick cedar log under your pillow. :)

oh and BTW, my niece has called, and her boyfriend's in town, and they want me and the girlfriend I"m going out to dinner w/ tonight to go to pub tonight.....hmmmmmm....mad scientist scratching chin......am thinking I should be mysterious and not go, they are begging.

Okay just talked to my friend, she says we MUST go, and I am to briefly say hi to the idiot, and go on with my so-called fabulous life...... :lol::lol::lol:

I think I lost it (mojo) at the conference, but that is a story for another thread entirely. You'll have to catch me up on this idiot you speak of. (I'm not going back :o ) You must remember that men have limited capacity to remember things (Unless it involves sports or supermodels and then there is unlimited storage capacity) so if you see him again he will still be "into" you and probably just as cute (his fingers were probably crushed in some freak accident, so he was unable to dial)

Eastern Hemlock (Tsuga canadensis) is not poisonous (although TRUE Hemlock is) and is one of my favorite aromas. Much of the lowland areas surrounding my favorite hiking grounds are covered in Hemlock (non poisonous :) ) Fir is nice too.

Not a big fan of cedar (I was "locked" in my grandmother's dark cedar lined walk-in closet - hide and seek gone bad-I still hate my cousin <_< )

My advice on this idiot is to make him squirm. Go about your business and make him (assuming his "hottie in the room" radar is on) come to you. Then act like you don't remember him :o I'm sure you can fill in the details and make him BEG for forgiveness. (see "Waynes World" "I'm not worthy" ;) )

B)

I went to the site to send an email and couldn't find any contact except the media contact, is that the one people are using?

I emailed here a few weeks ago.

Open Original Shared Link

AndreaB Contributor
oh and BTW, my niece has called, and her boyfriend's in town, and they want me and the girlfriend I"m going out to dinner w/ tonight to go to pub tonight.....hmmmmmm....mad scientist scratching chin......am thinking I should be mysterious and not go, they are begging.

Sounds very interesting. I will be waiting for updates. I like Richards advice.

Rachel, Missed ya. Will also wait for your update.

Rinne, Glad the sauna went well....without the headache/migraine.

Hi Julie!

Off to get the baby in his high chair so the kids can feed him. :D

Mtndog Collaborator
I think I lost it (mojo) at the conference, but that is a story for another thread entirely.

Sorry about your mojo...what if you and your beloved have a few cosmos and do some trampolining. :P

You'll have to catch me up on this idiot you speak of. (I'm not going back :o ) You must remember that men have limited capacity to remember things (Unless it involves sports or supermodels and then there is unlimited storage capacity) so if you see him again he will still be "into" you and probably just as cute (his fingers were probably crushed in some freak accident, so he was unable to dial)

My advice on this idiot is to make him squirm. Go about your business and make him (assuming his "hottie in the room" radar is on) come to you. Then act like you don't remember him :o I'm sure you can fill in the details and make him BEG for forgiveness. (see "Waynes World" "I'm not worthy" ;) )

See....we knew we needed you back!

Rachel....the compound is MAGIC so you wouldn't react to anything. Richard- how about some mix of Siberian fir, balsam and amber.Very manly yet warm and comforting. And you get flannel sheets too. I just got some as the nights are getting colder and they are COZY!

I love "Sisterhhod of the Traveling Xantham Gum" and Sisterhood of the Rising Villi". What do we do about Richard though? :P Aww.... he's like my husband and BIL who are biologically male but cool like us.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

TriticusToxicum Explorer
Off to get the baby in his high chair so the kids can feed him. :D

Olivia (my nearly 5 y.o.) was about 12 seconds away from swinging from our kitchen chandelier last night :o I was on the phone and walked into the kitchen just in the nick of time :blink: She really couldn't explain her line of thinking, but then she is just a little pip :P

Sorry about your mojo...what if you and your beloved have a few cosmos and do some trampolining. :P

That's an entirely different kind of mojo. (not a bad idea though :P )

Richard- how about some mix of Siberian fir, balsam and amber.Very manly yet warm and comforting. And you get flannel sheets too. I just got some as the nights are getting colder and they are COZY!

I'm there! Can you zip up to L.L. Bean and pick up the sheets? They have the best flannel (I'm wearing one of their flannel shirts :ph34r: )

I love "Sisterhhod of the Traveling Xantham Gum" and Sisterhood of the Rising Villi". What do we do about Richard though? :P Aww.... he's like my husband and BIL who are biologically male but cool like us.

We mutants must stick together :D

AndreaB Contributor
Olivia (my nearly 5 y.o.) was about 12 seconds away from swinging from our kitchen chandelier last night :o I was on the phone and walked into the kitchen just in the nick of time :blink: She really couldn't explain her line of thinking, but then she is just a little pip :P

:blink::o I'm speechless. I hope mine don't get any ideas like that. Luckily the computer is in site of the table. :P:o:blink:

rinne Apprentice
Rinne and susie- I think I miay be in with you two, except the ironing of pillowcases. no matter what time of year (I'm in New england) I must have fresh flowers scattered throughout the house in little vases, plenty of candles and incense. My hubby cracks me up because he has NO sense of smell and he thinks it all smells like soap! i could smell like a French trollop and he would smell Dove soap. :P

Imagine magical pillowcases that take away all your worries, lavendar and rose and cedar scented. Uhmmmm :D

My preferred incense is Japanese and more of the sandalwood variety, Shoyeido makes very refined incense that is available through their catalogue and is not sweet, I am not a sweet incense person. In fact this talk of it inspired me to burn a little of my treasured chips of real sandalwood. MMMMMmmmmmm

I think I lost it (mojo) at the conference, but that is a story for another thread entirely. You'll have to catch me up on this idiot you speak of. (I'm not going back :o ) You must remember that men have limited capacity to remember things (Unless it involves sports or supermodels and then there is unlimited storage capacity) so if you see him again he will still be "into" you and probably just as cute (his fingers were probably crushed in some freak accident, so he was unable to dial)

Not a big fan of cedar (I was "locked" in my grandmother's dark cedar lined walk-in closet - hide and seek gone bad-I still hate my cousin <_< )

B)

I am sorry you lost your mojo, I thought I saw it in the lavender fields. :P Did you know that lavender makes for a deeper and more restful sleep. Real lavender!!!!

OMG that is so awful and so funny because this morning during my sauna I realized I had forgotten to bring my water bottle with me and when I went to get it I couldn't get the door to open. I tried several times, pulling hard so that it would slide open, no luck, I swear I stood there and wondered if there was an automatic lock on the door and you HAD to sauna for a certain amount of time but that just didn't make sense to me, then I wondered if the door had accidentally locked on me and how long it would be before anyone would figure it out, and then I wondered if I would have to pound on the door hoping someone would hear me and save me.... :lol::lol::lol: And then I pushed gently on the door and it opened. :ph34r:

I think this is very good advice particularly about the way men's brains work. When my sweetie and I were first together I learned the question was not, "what are you thinking?", it was, "are you thinking?" :lol:

Andrea, any news on your Dad?

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I've been there too Susan, it has been a while but there was a time when I could go from a reasonably happy woman to an insane and inconsolable banshee in minutes. :ph34r: When I think of my poor sweetie and what he put up. :ph34r: When I am in one of my dark moods and Lyme makes for dark thoughts especially during herxing, I am still capable of feeling that I am utterly useless, that my life is of no benefit to anyone - least of all myself and that the best thing would be if I would just die and get the whole mess over with. In those moments I feel like I have failed at everything, that the choices I have made were wrong, that I am poisoned and poison. Shall I go on? :lol:

RINNE - you? A Banshee? hard to believe but this paragraph above, along w/ many other th ings makes me think we are separated at birth..... :lol: but seriously, this is exactlywhat I go through, and worse......the suddenness and severity of it yesterday was astonishing, the depth of it, so hearbreaking, and I've been thinking that way for all of my life. Damn gluten. :angry:

I see nothing wrong with this line of thinking or this action in any way. :lol: Perfectly normal behavior. But, I'm the child that got everyone to jump off the roof into the pool (frequently) giving my poor mother heart attacks......anywho I see trampolines and Cosmos in Olivia's future..... :o:lol:

My preferred incense is Japanese and more of the sandalwood variety, Shoyeido makes very refined incense that is available through their catalogue and is not sweet, I am not a sweet incense person. In fact this talk of it inspired me to burn a little of my treasured chips of real sandalwood. MMMMMmmmmmm

I am sorry you lost your mojo, I thought I saw it in the lavender fields. :P

Yup, separated at birth :lol: , here it is always sandalwood, patchouli, or fir.....nothing sweet, blech. my brother burns real Myrrh, but it makes me sick. :huh:

OMG that is so awful and so funny because this morning during my sauna I realized I had forgotten to bring my water bottle with me and when I went to get it I couldn't get the door to open. I tried several times, pulling hard so that it would slide open, no luck, I swear I stood there and wondered if there was an automatic lock on the door and you HAD to sauna for a certain amount of time but that just didn't make sense to me, then I wondered if the door had accidentally locked on me and how long it would be before anyone would figure it out, and then I wondered if I would have to pound on the door hoping someone would hear me and save me.... :lol::lol::lol: And then I pushed gently on the door and it opened. :ph34r:

:o JUST THE THOUGHT OF THIS GIVES ME A BREAKDOWN.......I would have been screaming in there....OMG....trapped in a sauna.....you handled it so calmly...... :huh:

rinne Apprentice
:o JUST THE THOUGHT OF THIS GIVES ME A BREAKDOWN.......I would have been screaming in there....OMG....trapped in a sauna.....you handled it so calmly...... :huh:

Yes to separated at birth. :)

And can you imagine if I had started pounding on the door? :lol: I was calm and collected, forget the cool, sweat was dripping off of me. :lol: I just figured that it was extremely unlikely that I had woken up in my paranoid fantasy and that there was another answer other than panic, but panic was a definite possiblity. :ph34r:

Mtndog Collaborator

I love their incense...Kyoto Cherry Blossom is my favorite. I just sage wanded my house today for health, happiness and love. asked for a little fertility in there too. :P

AndreaB Contributor
Andrea, any news on your Dad?

I'll be calling him this weekend.

Your sauna story. :ph34r::o

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Just wanted to say hi and hope that everyone has a good day. I start off strong, now having some issues. But I've put on 4 lbs! woo hoo!

YAY for the extra poundage. :D

How much longer on this diet???

Thanks for letting us know about miamia...hopefully she will post about how it went.

I'm getting even more worried about Evie... :(

He said after he does the treatment that I won't be able to eat the offending food for A WEEK :lol: . Piece of cake, I said!!

I do BioSET treatments but this doesnt sound the same?? :unsure:

Why would you have to avoid the food for a week?? Even with N A E T treatments I think you only have to avoid the offending food for like 24 hours. With BioSET you dont have to avoid the food at all...maybe he is doing a different type of treatment....more similar to N A E T???

I literally went from zero to suicidal in.....not very long. :( It was heinous.

Been there, done that......and yeah....definately a heinosity. :ph34r:

RACHEL. Remember where we ARE, dear, it's magic.....the scents will be of only the purest and most natural essences, they will not harm you, we are not talking Bounce dryer sheets here. :lol:

LMAO :lol:

Thank Gaaaaaaawd for that! Bounce dryer sheets :o ...now those things are probably one of the most heinous things ever invented. :blink:

The infrared sauna was amazing. I loved the heat and I am not having my usual reaction to heat which is a particular headache that tends to become a migraine.

Rinne...I'm glad you didnt get a migraine. :)

I miss going to the sauna. I should go....maybe you have inspired me. :)

Yeah...I like Richard's advice. :D I know you can do this Susan....make him squirm. ;)

I think this is very good advice particularly about the way men's brains work. When my sweetie and I were first together I learned the question was not, "what are you thinking?", it was, "are you thinking?" :lol:

:lol::lol:

I LOVE that Rinne....perfect. :lol:

First time I went to the sauna I forgot my water too.....I *did* know how to use the door though. :P

LMAO...that was a funny story Rinne...if it happened to me I'd probably try to play it cool...but on the inside I'd be freaking out big time. :lol:

I see nothing wrong with this line of thinking or this action in any way. :lol: Perfectly normal behavior. But, I'm the child that got everyone to jump off the roof into the pool (frequently) giving my poor mother heart attacks

OMG Susan....were you a "devil" child like me?? :ph34r:

I would have swung from a chandelier if I had the chance. :P

I did get my brother to start climbing on the roof with me and jumping into the pool. OMG...it was FUN!!! We got busted though....werent quiet enough on the roof and my mom happened to see us "in action" as she went past one of the floor to ceiling windows. She saw bodies falling from the sky. :lol:

OMG...I got in sooo much trouble....had to come inside right then and there. :(

Funny...I dont recall my bro ever getting in trouble for anything??? :angry:

Ok about my appt. last night....

I love going to the BioSET appt.'s. :)

I should have posted last night because I think I may have dingo'd most of the appt :ph34r: ....now that I'm actually trying to write about it....my mind is blank. :huh:

Due to technical difficulties...scientificness is on hold.

Hope to be back to normal functioning soon.... :unsure:

AndreaB Contributor

hmmmmmm, misery LOVES chocolate chips (enjoy life that is). Hubby just brought some home for me. :D:wub:

Ok about my appt. last night....

I love going to the BioSET appt.'s. :)

I should have posted last night because I think I may have dingo'd most of the appt :ph34r: ....now that I'm actually trying to write about it....my mind is blank. :huh:

I think it was the opposite with me and my brother.....he's older. :D I was mostly a good kid though.

No scientificness. :( I'm so sad....I look forward to your appointment updates. :(

Rachel--24 Collaborator

This is a prime example of the heinosity of dryer sheets...robbing me of scientificness. :angry: I think the last hour of my shift today half of the people invading my space were wearing Bounce...OMG.....I feel kind of loopy. :unsure:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Been there, done that......and yeah....definately a heinosity. :ph34r:

:lol: SHE SAID HEINOSITY :lol::lol: Twice :lol:

:ph34r: Definitely a bit of a devil child. Remember the gluten experiment of a few weeks ago, "what will happen?" if I eat these donuts this day and then this banana bread the next? um, yeah, needed to know WHAT WOULD HAPPEN a lot. :lol:

I do not want to go anywhere at all. no no no no no not in the mood, and yet today is the day they want to go. pooh, I had better, it'll be fun once I get there......harumph. :angry:

shoot, dingo'd what else I was going to say...... :huh:

AndreaB Contributor
I do not want to go anywhere at all. no no no no no not in the mood, and yet today is the day they want to go. pooh, I had better, it'll be fun once I get there......harumph. :angry:

If you REALLY don't want to go, maybe they'll understand. You probably would have fun though.

rinne Apprentice

I would have swung from a chandelier if I had the chance. :P

I did get my brother to start climbing on the roof with me and jumping into the pool. OMG...it was FUN!!! We got busted though....werent quiet enough on the roof and my mom happened to see us "in action" as she went past one of the floor to ceiling windows. She saw bodies falling from the sky. :lol:

OMG...I got in sooo much trouble....had to come inside right then and there. :(

ROTFLMAO

I was concerned about the sauna and just toward the end of it my head did start to hurt a little but no headache and I scheduled another one for Tuesday.

I'm concerned about evie too. I am hoping they are taking good care of her in the hospital.

Laura, hope you get to keep the pounds. :)

Mtndog Collaborator
:lol: SHE SAID HEINOSITY :lol::lol: Twice :lol:

:ph34r: Definitely a bit of a devil child. Remember the gluten experiment of a few weeks ago, "what will happen?" if I eat these donuts this day and then this banana bread the next? um, yeah, needed to know WHAT WOULD HAPPEN a lot. :lol:

shoot, dingo'd what else I was going to say...... :huh:

SusieQ- We would NOT you any other way. Devil horns, forked tail and all. :P

Andrea- Misery definitely LOVES Enjoy Life chocolate chips. :D

Donna- Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE your avatar. You look so happy!

TriticusToxicum Explorer
I see nothing wrong with this line of thinking or this action in any way. :lol: Perfectly normal behavior. But, I'm the child that got everyone to jump off the roof into the pool (frequently) giving my poor mother heart attacks......anywho I see trampolines and Cosmos in Olivia's future..... :o:lol:

Methinks Olivia and you are kindred spirits...I re-shingled the roof when she was 2. I was wrapping up work on day #2 when Mary (dear wife) came up the ladder to check the progress. We were talking for a few minutes when we heard the aluminum ladder shake. We looked at each other and then the ladder, and whose little round face was peering over the edge of the roof? you guessed it, the chandelier swinger in the making :o Talk about a moment of absolute panic. We didn't want to scare her, and there was no way to get her off the ladder without getting her on the roof, so she finished her climb, took a tour of the roof, stood at the peak and said "I climbed and climbed and climbed all day" (and got a huggy ride down the ladder with daddy - whose knees were knocking :ph34r: )

Trampolines are for OTHER kids, and cosmos...well she'll have to go to the dentist's office for that!

happygirl Collaborator

x

AndreaB Contributor

Laura,

I'm sorry you aren't feeling real well. I'll be glad when this is over for you.

You don't have to post if you're not up to it. As long as we know you're ok and not in the hospital.

TriticusToxicum Explorer

BINGO! :P

Don't give this guy too much credit, he's just like any other male (two...er... "brains" :ph34r: and only enough blood to operate one at a time :rolleyes: )

Uh-oh, that knock on my door cannot be good (I think I'm about to be paid a visit by the Manly-Man He-Man Woman Haters Club - time to be re-programmed :o ) Yikes! It's been nice knowing you all!

Wonderful ladies and Richard,

saying goodnight. I haven't posted too much on rachelville...i have such conflicting emotions right now. I am learning more about Eosinophilic disorders and i am astonished by it. I am still trying to process. I've been in the bathroom with over 5 "issues" today. Sigh.

I have been reading and following along with the ironing of the pillowcases and non-bounce dryer sheet fragrances :)

richard...flannel sheets are my most favorite thing in the world.

thining of you all---talk to you soon.

love,

L

Nighty-night off to your flannels and lavender enriched dreams :)

Archived