This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

rinne Apprentice
Rinne....I totally know how you feel when someone is trying to sell you some product...like they're trying to take advantage of the fact that you're sick. She could just mean well....but when people seem to be aggressive about trying to get you to buy the product it makes me believe they have something to gain from it. Like why the heck was this lady walking around the grocry store carrying these cards for miracle grape juice in her freakin back pocket??? Give me a break. <_<

But are you serious about getting well? ROTFLMAO Idiots come in all sizes, shapes and persuasions it appears, the I've got this ONE product solution for you people crack me up. :lol: They also make me angry, I can take care of myself but what about people who are so vulnerable and desperate that they succumb to the intimidation and that is exactly what it is.

Thanks to everyone I am no longer angry and with your help it has turned into something to laugh at, one of those perfect idiot stories every person who has been ill has to share. :lol:

Like I said I am not serious am getting well I am a lunatic about getting well. A Lyme Lunatic. :lol: Now I am beginning to imagine a comedy routine about all the different snake oil sales people and their strategies for convincing someone who is ill that their product is the one.

As far as my Usana saleswoman, I'm going to take Dingo Girl's suggestion and be wicked, that is what you were getting at, weren't you? :lol: I'm going to wait and respond to her next email, I promise I will stay amused, I will not let anything she does now upset me. I am going to use this as an opportunity to articulate something that I suspect I may have to articulate over and over again to the long line of idiots who see me only as an opportunity to enrich their pocketbook. Fiddle Faddle, so true.

Susan, wish I could be there to cheer you up, I promise you I am very good at it. :) I'm funny in person. :lol: Oh and I am a good cook too. :ph34r: I would make sure you weren't glutened and I iron pillow cases too. Sending love and hugs.

I can cry along...I am a very sympathetic cryer--I sympathy cry, lol. I cry at commercials sometimes.

Bah humbug on deadbeat flirtatious guys who are obviously not very smart!

No kidding, no matter how heartbroken I have always clung to the certainty that any man who would reject me is a fool I would not waste my time on anyways. Susan, I highly advise this strategy. :) And besides, in your case we all know it is true.

And Andrea I am thinking of you and your family, I so hope that you and your dad may have some time together. Trust your feelings.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AndreaB Contributor
I'm going to wait and respond to her next email, I promise I will stay amused, I will not let anything she does now upset me. I am going to use this as an opportunity to articulate something that I suspect I may have to articulate over and over again to the long line of idiots who see me only as an opportunity to enrich their pocketbook. Fiddle Faddle, so true.

Susan, wish I could be there to cheer you up, I promise you I am very good at it. :) I'm funny in person. :lol: Oh and I am a good cook too. :ph34r: I would make sure you weren't glutened and I iron pillow cases too. Sending love and hugs.

Rhonda, will be waiting for your saleslady update. :P

A good cook.....I am always looking for ideas on stuff. Ho hum.....at least we are getting into the season when hubby is home more, he always has ideas on what to eat. :)

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Oh, Andrea, I'm so sorry. :(

If it's any comfort, I lost a dear friend to Multiple Myeloma (a nasty cancer),a nd at the end, her kidneys shut down, which, the way the nurse explained it to me, was a GOOD thing, as she basically slept most of the time and eventually went into a sort of coma before passing--NO PAIN. Whatever might have been painful (with multiple myeloma, the cancer is in the blood and attacks the bones) was controlled with morphine.

It might help to explain to your children that their grandpa isn't in pain (if that's the case), and that he will be okay because God, or Jesus, or an angel is coming to take him up to Heaven when he is ready. (Apologies here to anybody if I am offending by mentioning religious stuff.)

Death is a part of the life cycle. There are many rituals in just about every religion that help us cope with death--the funeral, the burial, the viewing (Jews don't have this, I'm not sure why, but we have specific rituals abut what to do AFTER the burial, and I found these rituals amazingly comforting).

My mother was very upset at her mother's burial, and did not want to throw earth on the coffin at the gravesite until the rabbi (who had married my parents and my aunt and uncle, too) gently told her that it was a way to help her mother on to the next life, and that it was a mitzvah (good deed).

Gosh, I'm getting all choked up just writing about this. :(

Susie, Susie, Susie--would it help to visualize all the horrible thoughts flushing down the toilet with whatever gluten that invaded you? You're pooping out the poison and the bad feelings, too?

Don't forget to breathe.

I was going to suggest extra sunlght, but I know you're kind of attached to the toilet right now...I wonder if it would help to get one of those special sun-lamp-thingies (I forgot what they are called :rolleyes: ) with full-spectrum light or something like that--and keep it by the toilet? So you could get some nice cheering light every time you're stuck worshipping the porcelain goddess....

Oh--is the dingoes' food gluten-free?

Rinne, I can't wait to read what you say to the salescreep! :D

Hugs to everybody!

Susan--maybe the guy had brain fog and lost your number--or his nerve!!!

CarlaB Enthusiast
Susie, Susie, Susie--would it help to visualize all the horrible thoughts flushing down the toilet with whatever gluten that invaded you? You're pooping out the poison and the bad feelings, too?

I was going to suggest extra sunlght, but I know you're kind of attached to the toilet right now...I wonder if it would help to get one of those special sun-lamp-thingies (I forgot what they are called :rolleyes: ) with full-spectrum light or something like that--and keep it by the toilet? So you could get some nice cheering light every time you're stuck worshipping the porcelain goddess....

Hmm, considering the month of d I've had, this is an interesting thought!!

I have those bulbs ... I just get them at the grocery ... GE Reveal? Is that what they're called? It's full-spectrum lighting. The kitchen is a good place for them because you want it bright in there (not that they're bright, they're just not the normal yellow glow we're used to), and one in one lamp in my bedroom, and in the bathroom ... so there IS fake daylight in my bathroom. I think they help, but I only have a minor problem with the light thing ... enough to notice, but minor.

He's chicken. I'd go to the pub again and give him a hard time for not calling. I'd say, "Wow, all that talk about hiking and the dogs and you couldn't get up the nerve to call? I guess you decided I AM too old for you! (I think you said that he wasn't concerned about age)" I'd say it all fun and flirty ... but give him a hard time for quite a while making him think you just might walk away.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
As far as my Usana saleswoman, I'm going to take Dingo Girl's suggestion and be wicked, that is what you were getting at, weren't you? :lol:

Yes Rhonda, she must be gently chastised and put in her place, but in a benign and covert sort of way....I am not clever enough to think of it today but she must be somehow chagrined, I know you will think of something. ;):lol:

No kidding, no matter how heartbroken I have always clung to the certainty that any man who would reject me is a fool I would not waste my time on anyways. Susan, I highly advise this strategy. :) And besides, in your case we all know it is true.

Oh I just bet you are funny in person, :lol: and you may not find this hard to believe, I am quite funny in person also. You cook AND you iron pillow cases? guess what, for guests I do iron the pillow cases as well, beautiful cotton sheets and crisp with lines, like a hotel. And a small container of fresh, gently fragrant flowers next to their bed.....it's kinda nice here. :)

Don't forget to breathe.

Oh--is the dingoes' food gluten-free?

My number was written all over his hands - both of them - upside down and rightside up, he kept making me write it over..... :lol: Thank you alison, I am off the toilet, that was during the morning. Had to go get the dogs some food (yes, it's gluten-free), and it is SO sunny here today, I am goign to walk the girls. I am better this afternoon, cried a lot this morniing and that does seem to help.

Thanks eveyrone......the whining and your support helps also. Now if Rhonda could just fly donw here and cook some gluten-free treats...... :)

(confession: whilst procuring dog food I took a quick trip into TJMaxx :ph34r: for my fabulous shampoos/conditioners I have just discovered - they are changing my hair and my life so I bought all of them. And a new blow dryer, am going to make my hair fabulous again......)

He's chicken. I'd go to the pub again and give him a hard time for not calling. I'd say, "Wow, all that talk about hiking and the dogs and you couldn't get up the nerve to call? I guess you decided I AM too old for you! (I think you said that he wasn't concerned about age)" I'd say it all fun and flirty ... but give him a hard time for quite a while making him think you just might walk away.

hmmmmm........it's a thought, but frankly I am just no longer that interested and don't want to give him the time of day, at this point......maybe in a few weeks, just don't care right now. You know, life's been blessedly calm wihtout a man torturing me, I have liked it. :) Just don't want to die alone....and last night and today, from the gluten poisoning my brain, it was the terrible thought that life has just passed me by......but I am calmer now.

Um, where is RICHARD and any other guys who could pipe in on this? have we scared them all off? :huh::lol:

heading out....a slow walk today but still a walk and a bit of time in fresh air and sun. :)

My number was written all over his hands - both of them - upside down and rightside up, he kept making me write it over..... :lol:

Then he is a total slimebooger and should be flushed down the toilet, too. :ph34r:

You can tell him I said so, if you ever run into him again.

CarlaB Enthusiast

That's even better, Susan. Go to the pub because it's where you like to go. Tell him he blew you off, if he's interested he can call!! Then flirt with everyone else there!! :lol: The idea is to get out and be happy anyway!

Rhonda, you could just send that lady and email back that says, "I guess I'm just not serious about getting well because I have no interest whatsoever in your product. Please refrain from future sales pitches to me."

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor
Rhonda, you could just send that lady and email back that says, "I guess I'm just not serious about getting well because I have no interest whatsoever in your product. Please refrain from future sales pitches to me."

:lol::lol::lol:

Susan,

Get some sunshine for me. :) I have to wait 2 weeks for my sunshine and warmth in Arizona.

Mtndog Collaborator
Oh I just bet you are funny in person, :lol: and you may not find this hard to believe, I am quite funny in person also. You cook AND you iron pillow cases? guess what, for guests I do iron the pillow cases as well, beautiful cotton sheets and crisp with lines, like a hotel. And a small container of fresh, gently fragrant flowers next to their bed.....it's kinda nice here. :)

heading out....a slow walk today but still a walk and a bit of time in fresh air and sun. :)

Susie- I am SO coming to visit. You don't even have to do the pillowcases. I am sending you a big CYBER HUG! :wub::wub::wub::wub: I hope you feel better soon!

As far as the guy goes...he's the one that's mssing out and DON"T YOU FORGET that!

Andrea- I'm so sorry about your dad. I know how difficult it is. I spent three days straight with my mom right before she died and my sister came to give me a break. She passed away while I was gone napping at home but my sister and I are convinced that she had hung on for my sister. She had already said her goodbye to me the night before and I told her it was okay for her to go. I think she waited for my sister to get my sister's permission to go too.

Actually, a funny story (if death can be funny- gallows humor I guess). The morning of the day she died, after she had told me she wanted to go, my dad woke me up at 6 am because she was trying to take off all her clothes (the conservative Catholic woman who wouldn't even go for massages!)and he didn't know what to do. I asked her why she was trying to take all her clothes off and she told me she had to be naked to get into Heaven. I told her she didn't but she would not believe me. I pretended I was calling the priest who had prayed with us the night before and i said VERY LOUDLY into the phone,"Fr. Doherty, my mom thinks she has to be naked to get into heaven...Oh OK...I'll tell her that she can wear clothes to heaven."

I got "off" the phone and told my mom that she could wear clothes to heaven- I called the priest and he said it was OK. She said, "You did not, that was WAY too fast."

It's a funny memory of a sad time. Bittersweet. :) May your dad's last days be peaceful.

Rinne- You can't be SERIOUS about getting better. I just don't see your dedication. :P

I actually started seeing an acupuncturist while i was very sick (prior to going gluten-free but knowing something was wrong). Every time I went in I needed a new $45 tea. I told him I was gluten-intolerant and he told me I absolutely wasn't. His acupuncture would allow me to eat wheat again. The, right after my gluten-challenge, when I was so sick, and he knew it, he called me under the guise of finding out how I was doiong but it was really him asking me to post flyers for his practice all over my university, AND HE WANTED ME TO MAKE THE PHOTO COPIES. End of him!

AndreaB Contributor
Andrea- I'm so sorry about your dad. I know how difficult it is. I spent three days straight with my mom right before she died and my sister came to give me a break. She passed away while I was gone napping at home but my sister and I are convinced that she had hung on for my sister. She had already said her goodbye to me the night before and I told her it was okay for her to go. I think she waited for my sister to get my sister's permission to go too.

Thanks Bev. I'm hoping he'll hold on until we get there. Two weeks suddenly seems like a really long time. :(

Your story about your mom and going to heaven. :lol:

Accupuncturist. :angry: Unbelievable. :angry:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
That's even better, Susan. Go to the pub because it's where you like to go. Tell him he blew you off, if he's interested he can call!! Then flirt with everyone else there!! :lol: The idea is to get out and be happy anyway!

another interesting idea. we will see, I only go on the nights my niece works there anyway.....maybe a short break to create some MYSTERY ha ha and then pop in in a couple of weeks.

Carla - excellent email respone :lol::lol: maybe Rhonda should use that one......

Bev....that IS a funny and very cute story, gallows humour and all. Dying people do funny and charming things sometimes, though. And, through my training with Hospice (I trained in Monterey and then moved, never did it), we learned that the dying seem to choose when they die....always waiting for someone to come, or waiting for someone to leave.....it's really interesting. In my dad's last days, he was on quite a bit of morphine, and got funny and delirious at times, would call his best friend (who was a judge and quite busy working during the day) and scream at him about the Bulldogs and different basketball/football games.....that weren't even on TV at the time...... :blink::lol::blink:

I think I will have to make some rice pudding, am afraid I will Rachel the whole thing. :ph34r:

What is it with me and the animals lately? found a dead kitty, with a collar and bow around her neck. :( got close enough to see the phone # on collar, I called them....waiting for their call back to deliver this very sad news. :(:(:(

AndreaB Contributor
What is it with me and the animals lately? found a dead kitty, with a collar and bow around her neck. :( got close enough to see the phone # on collar, I called them....waiting for their call back to deliver this very sad news. :(:(:(

Poor kitty. :(:(

rinne Apprentice

My yoga class was cancelled yesterdady and since they offer massages there I had one (this going for the pillows is really paying off :lol: ) and I asked the massage therapist about far infra-red saunas, turns out there is another massage clinic that offers them and it is two blocks from my house. :) I made an appointment for one tomorrow morning. Carla is there anything I should know?

I had a wonderful walk this afternoon, it was brisk but I was dressed warmly and I dingo'd many deep and profound thoughts :lol: or I might of but the specifics elude me. :ph34r:

Oh I just bet you are funny in person, and you may not find this hard to believe, I am quite funny in person also. You cook AND you iron pillow cases? guess what, for guests I do iron the pillow cases as well, beautiful cotton sheets and crisp with lines, like a hotel. And a small container of fresh, gently fragrant flowers next to their bed.....it's kinda nice here.

I know I am thought generally insane for ironing pillow cases but it is my feeling that it is the small rituals that have the deepest capacity to evoke ease. I iron them on the red ironing board my grandmother gave me as a wedding gift, I know she knew my sweetie would never use it :lol: They give me such simple pleasure when I lay my head down at night. In a world where everything seems rushed and so much more interesting than something so mundane as ironing I find ease. I know I am odd and I suspect I may grow odder yet. :P For those of you who don't iron, you just don't know what you're missing. :P:lol: And I use a French Lavender water to mist the pillow cases. :lol:

I suspect you live in a magical world Dingo Girl and I am sure it is more than kinda nice, I am sure it is lovely. :)

CarlaB Enthusiast

Rhonda, I just use it as a time to relax. The infrared rays come from the panels, so I try to lay or sit in different positions so that I each part faces them for some time. Drink plenty of water. Enjoy! I love it! Oh, and don't take your computer in there ... it's too hot and you can tell us all about it later!!!

I'd love to iron my pillow cases ... maybe when some of the kids move out!!! :lol:

You should see the pretty chair hubby just bought me for our bedroom!!! VERY cool!!

Mtndog Collaborator
Bev....that IS a funny and very cute story, gallows humour and all. Dying people do funny and charming things sometimes, though. And, through my training with Hospice (I trained in Monterey and then moved, never did it), we learned that the dying seem to choose when they die....always waiting for someone to come, or waiting for someone to leave.....it's really interesting.

Actually that was part of our theory too...that she was waiting for me to leave because she knew I'd have a harder time with it. She knew......I didn't know you did hospice training...I worship them. They are true heroes and heroines. :wub:

In my dad's last days, he was on quite a bit of morphine, and got funny and delirious at times, would call his best friend (who was a judge and quite busy working during the day) and scream at him about the Bulldogs and different basketball/football games.....that weren't even on TV at the time...... :blink::lol::blink:

Hopefully he was yelling for them to LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

rinne- I think you should write her an email that makes you appear completely insane :P Then maybe she'll leave you alone because she'll be SCARED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rinne Apprentice
I actually started seeing an acupuncturist while i was very sick (prior to going gluten-free but knowing something was wrong). Every time I went in I needed a new $45 tea. I told him I was gluten-intolerant and he told me I absolutely wasn't. His acupuncture would allow me to eat wheat again. The, right after my gluten-challenge, when I was so sick, and he knew it, he called me under the guise of finding out how I was doiong but it was really him asking me to post flyers for his practice all over my university, AND HE WANTED ME TO MAKE THE PHOTO COPIES. End of him!

Beverly, I know we all have to deal with idiots (or was it ijits?) but this guy takes the proverbial cake.

My acupuncturist let me know that my pillows/rocks insight was the turning point that acupuncurists looked for in their patients and he said it was more important than all the treatments he could do for me. I am not seeing him anymore because I think he helped me as much as he could. I had come to the conclusion that he saw me primarily as someone with poor digestion and I knew it was more than that but then I KNEW it because of the acupuncture. :)

Green12 Enthusiast

Sorry about the kitty :( I saw a dog get hit by a car a few years ago and it was absolutely devastating. Susan I suspect you found the kitty because you are a kind caring soul who does thinks about the owners and how they are beside themselves with worry about the whereabouts of their cat, or maybe they are unsuspecting, but you are the right person to deliver the news.

I am beginning to think you are an animal pied piper of sorts, or at least a Dingo pied piper :lol: . I want to live in your world, or even rinne's world. Everything you guys talk about is so interesting and magical, ironed pillow cases that take all your worries away :lol:

Oh, totally forgot to comment on something I read pages ago....Susie, you want breast implants? She who climbs mountains and large rocks, and various other mounds of the earth, talks about water conservation, dreams of remote cabins where she can frolick with the dingoes and the squirrels, yes, she, wants a boob job?? Does not compute :lol::lol::lol:

Anyhow, I'm glad you are smiling and it sounds like the day has gotten better for you as it's gone on :)

rinne, enjoy the sauna :) Look forward to hearing what you think about it.

Bev, very sweet story about your mom's last moments. Glad you were able to spend those moments with her, as difficult as they were.

Interesting about the dying choosing when to die.

Rachel, :lol: at the lady trying to sell you the grape drink that will cure all! Shoot, if you could even tolerate grapes you wouldn't waste your time drinking them :lol: .

Andrea, again I'm sorry about the recent news on your day. You and your family are in my thoughts

Then he is a total slimebooger and should be flushed down the toilet, too. :ph34r:

You can tell him I said so, if you ever run into him again.

:lol: Fiddle Faddle, you crack me up!

Susie, it is true it is he who is missing out. I guess I might look on it as maybe something came up and it wasn't in the cards, wrong timing, just don't assume the worst- that it is something to do with you as the reason he has not called.

rinne- I think you should write her an email that makes you appear completely insane :P Then maybe she'll leave you alone because she'll be SCARED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: Bev

Thanks again everyone for creating such a place for support while we all try to get through our "stuff". It's a comfort to come here and get info, share info, ask questions, get and give hugs, and laugh all along the way.

Wub to everyone!!!! :wub:

rinne Apprentice

The three times that I have been intimately involved with death, my grandmothers and my father-in-law it seemed clear to me that their choice was clear. I have learned through these experiences to trust that if I am to be present I will be and if I am not then I won't.

One of my grandmothers got so cold they couldn't read her temperature and they thought she would die within a week, she lived for another year. During that time I often wondered why she continued to live but towards the end of it when I was visiting her one day she smiled at me, it was the sweetest and most loving smile I ever recall receiving and it was as if her worried, negative self had dropped away. Not long after that when I was visiting with her I thanked her for that smile, I told her that I saw how beautiful she was and that I was grateful for all that she had taught me and given me. She died not long after that, my mother and I had sat through the night with her and when we left to rest she passed away.

. And, through my training with Hospice (I trained in Monterey and then moved, never did it), we learned that the dying seem to choose when they die....always waiting for someone to come, or waiting for someone to leave.....it's really interesting.

Hmmm. We were all sure that my MIL was dying a couple of weeks ago. She was sent to the hospital with dehydration, and I swear they (the hospital) tried to do her in. They wouldn't let her drink tea, coffee, or soup (she only likes hot liquids), and said that she had trouble swallowing , so they tried to make her eat hospital food (bad enough to start with) that had been put in the blender (that would make anyone vomit, I swear). When she refused the glop, they IV'ed her, and it hurt so she pulled it out, and then they put her in restraints. And she turns 98 next month.

Luckily, my brother-in-law made them remove the restraints, and insisted that she should not be IV-ed if she doesn't want to be. My husband and his other brother went racing out to California last week--and she perked up, drank the soup that they brought her, and even ate inari sushi (no trouble swallowing that!).

She is still dehydrated, I think--but comfortable, eating and drinking a little, and mostly sleeping the days away. I'm wondering if she is waiting for her birthday, for Christmas, for the New Year--or if it's simply not her time yet, and maybe not her time for quite a while!

My 5-year-old brought home a wonderful library book from school, and we read it tonight, and Andrea, I thought of you--it's called [u]Nana Upstairs and Downstairs by Tomie de Paola, and it's really lovely--about littel 4-year-old Tommy and his grandma and great-grandma--and the great-grandma passes away. He sees a shooting star out the window, and his mother tells him that it's a kiss from his great-grandma.

Susan--ooh, those people are going to be so SAD about their poor kitty--but it's very, very kind of you to call and let them know; at least they won't be wondering, and they'll know that someone cared. :(

AndreaB Contributor

:wub: fest!

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Julie,

Thanks for the note. I'll write back later tonight, probably much later. :)

I want to live in your world, or even rinne's world. Everything you guys talk about is so interesting and magical, ironed pillow cases that take all your worries away :lol:

DingoWorld is adjacent to Rachelville, and there are Rinne-land Hotels (or hostels?) sprinkled throughout both places, all with ironed pillowcases. :)

AndreaB Contributor

Richard!

I see you. Good to have you back. :)

DingoWorld is adjacent to Rachelville, and there are Rinne-land Hotels (or hostels?) sprinkled throughout both places, all with ironed pillowcases. :)

That's sounding pretty restful. :)

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I had a wonderful walk this afternoon, it was brisk but I was dressed warmly and I dingo'd many deep and profound thoughts :lol: or I might of but the specifics elude me. :ph34r:

I know I am thought generally insane for ironing pillow cases but it is my feeling that it is the small rituals that have the deepest capacity to evoke ease. I iron them on the red ironing board my grandmother gave me as a wedding gift, I know she knew my sweetie would never use it :lol: They give me such simple pleasure when I lay my head down at night. In a world where everything seems rushed and so much more interesting than something so mundane as ironing I find ease. I know I am odd and I suspect I may grow odder yet. For those of you who don't iron, you just don't know what you're missing. :lol: And I use a French Lavender water to mist the pillow cases.

I suspect you live in a magical world Dingo Girl and I am sure it is more than kinda nice, I am sure it is lovely.

Rinne....we are kindred souls. Yes, the beautiful, small touches mean so much....I have used Linen Water before and also lavendar water......it is a beautiful ritual but yes, you are odd :lol: because you ENJOY the ironing. :blink: I do not, phooey, and don't do as many of those beautiful, magical things that I used to do as I have less stamina, but it is a tranquil haven here, I am drowning a bit in a sea of turquoise silk and linen (the house is more formal than I, that's for sure!), but fresh flowers (from the garden), and even if no flowers are in my yard, bouquets of green......many candles, sandalwood and balsam fir incense (to remind me of the mountains!), and small touches, it makes the difference.

Hopefully he was yelling for them to LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Bev you just gave me quite a guffaw on both statements, but no, I think at that time he wanted them to win, he didn't have any negative experiences with sport-obsessed ex-boyfriends (um, that I KNOW of :ph34r: ) :lol::lol:

Julie.....Your post gave me a SNORTING guffaw! What a pleasure it is to come here, after a pretty lousy day, and read such mirth and support, humour and warmth. I only wish we could all be together, at some cozy mountain lodge (dingos there, of course), sipping hot toddies and laughing and telling stories....ME WIHT MY FAKE BREASTS AND ALL!! :lol::lol: Yes, you did get that right, sister. ;) I am gittin' me some! some day...... :lol:

Pied piper of animals....you have no idea. I practically ran an animal shelter out of many of my homes....when I had just one dog, I never went by a stray dog or car without stopping.....we kept them for a few days, found owners or placed them, or took them to SPCA when there was no other option. :( Now that I have two dogs and a very small place I don't take in too many, but, the blessed thing is, I don't SEE too many any more. At my old job, at the very serious mennonite college, I once kept a cat behind my desk for the afternoon, hidden in a mail crate :ph34r: until I was found out......and a large dog tied outside all day another time.....they wrote something in my review about keeping too many animals around :lol::lol:

well friends thank you so much for so many laughs and helping me get through this heinous day. :)

Off to list things on ebay.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Beverly, I know we all have to deal with idiots (or was it ijits?) but this guy takes the proverbial cake.

My acupuncturist let me know that my pillows/rocks insight was the turning point that acupuncurists looked for in their patients and he said it was more important than all the treatments he could do for me. I am not seeing him anymore because I think he helped me as much as he could. I had come to the conclusion that he saw me primarily as someone with poor digestion and I knew it was more than that but then I KNEW it because of the acupuncture. :)

That's interesting. My doctor (holistic) said I started to heal when I broke ties with my mom and step-father and she couldn't believe I told them WHY ... she said that is when I started to heal. I actually took control of my life a little before that .... that was more a result of my taking control of it. I think there is a lot of mental to all this, yet at the same time, the mental part is only so much, part is physical. We're integrated as people ... everything plays a role.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :lol: cracking me up!!! Yes, it's true, as Julie said, the ironed cotton pillowcases in the Rinne-land Hotels (surely not hostels, too stinky) "take all your worries away...." ;) oh, would that it were so!

another good laugh....thanks Alison..... :rolleyes:

Archived