This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator
:angry::angry::angry: they just put an end to their "Longest losing streak in 77 years" and it's because I forgot to TELL you guys to PRAY against them.......

Bah! :angry:

:ph34r::lol::ph34r::lol::ph34r:

Susan...I'm thinking this is a good sign. ;) You FORGOT to tell us cuz you are healing....moving on.... moving on to bigger, better "dorkier" things?? :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously....I think its a GOOD sign. :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dlp252 Apprentice
I couldn't get into the ones Oprah reccomended the jersey ones. What thread count do you reccomend? I deserve the best.

It's been a while since I've bought mine, but I think anything less than 200 thread count is kind of thin. I think mine are around 300 thread count. They've lasted a long time, but then, I'm single so don't wash mine every week, lol. :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

I love high thread count sheets. 300 is the bare minimum :D

happygirl Collaborator

i love the jersey/t-shirt sheets.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Hey Donna,

They do look old don't they? Did you see the Seinfield episode about the book George took in the bathroom?

:lol: It was an art book, wasn't it, that had been on the floor - George put it on the floor or something? :lol:

are we back on flannel sheets? are yall trying to send me back to bed? dreaming already... :)

She's here! nice to see you Laura, don't go to bed! :)

Susan...I'm thinking this is a good sign. ;) You FORGOT to tell us cuz you are healing....moving on.... moving on to bigger, better "dorkier" things?? :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously....I think its a GOOD sign. :D

:lol::lol::lol: maybe it's a good sign but I will forever carry with me a distinct loathing of the Bulldogs - - my alma mater team...... :lol:

dorkier things....the dork is there tonight, I have had a phone call, same dorky hat and glasses again....what is this.....I think it's his alter-ego.....

Richard says the Edddie Bauer flannel sheets are good, I think? I forgot, dingo'd it.

I am off to the pub, in my running pants and fleece jacket, who cares :lol::lol::lol:

Love you guys :wub:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
from Bridget Jones:

AT Christmas little children sing and merry bells jingle.

The cold winter air makes our hands and faces tingle.

And happy families go to church adn cheerily they mingle,

And the whole business is unbelievably dreadful if you're single.

More from Bridget Jones throughout the next six weeks, sorry. :ph34r::lol:

I'm in the same boat Susan....the holidays (which used to be my favorite) have turned into another heinosity. :( Instead of being the "most wonderful time of the year".....the whole thing is quite dreadful. Cant wait till its over. The whole thing.....the holidays, the Lyme, everything.....I just want it all to disappear.

More from Bridget Jones??? I'm all for it.....

What about Evie???? Was she really here?? Has anyone pm'd her.....maybe she has responded to pm's??

I'm going to check the "Evie" thread......

TriticusToxicum Explorer
:blink: What? you get Cosmos at your denist's office? (I'm talking about the drink here, remember Bev jumping on the trampoline and drinking Cosmos for her birthday, or something?) :lol:

Your dentist doesn't offer mixed drinks? :blink: Must be an east coast thing :P

Well, here's my uneventful and bizarre report. I was getting ready to go out, not caring so much what I looked like, not REALLY primping too much or trying to look extra cute, because, what is the point, this pub is not that well-attended, and I don't really care.......so I went, and it was PACKED :lol: Stood at the very cramped bar, waiting for my niece's attentiona and waiting for my friends and for a table. I'd been standing there about 5 minutes, and I look over, and this crazy-looking guy in a ball-cap and weird glasses is waving at me......and I must have stared for a full 7 or 8 seconds, expressionless, and then waving confusedly (is that a word?), and it was THE STUPID JERK GUY, OMG I couldn't even recognize him.....so that was it! I just smiled and mouthed the words, oh, it's you! you're wearing glasses? and he said yes, I wear glasses.....THAT WAS OUR WHOLE INTERCHANGE :lol::lol::lol: and then he left about an hour later, and my friends looked at me and said, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING??? when they saw him......well, I've seen the guy 4 or 5 times and he never had the ballcap and glasses on before - - but I guess there was an exceptional dork factor, whatever, who cares.......it's all ancient history ;) So we had fun and chatted with some people including my 23-y-old niece's FORTY-YEAR-OLD boyfriend :o and I was home by 9. Harumph.

But did he have all of his fingers? :huh:

I guess it could be worse. I used to have pretty low standards on dates. I figured as long as there were no "Crying Game" moments it was a tic in the "ok" column. :)

It sounds like you had fun. That's the main goal.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I guess it could be worse. I used to have pretty low standards on dates. I figured as long as there were no "Crying Game" moments it was a tic in the "ok" column. :)

:lol::lol:

TriticusToxicum Explorer
Richard says the Edddie Bauer flannel sheets are good, I think? I forgot, dingo'd it.

NO, NO...Richard has never set foot in E.B. He LOVES L.L. Bean flannels :)

lindalee Enthusiast

LLBean, huh? That's catalog only right? I have a confession-I've never ordered from a catalog. I don't know why. Thanks for the suggestions.

Susan, George took it in the bathroom and the clerk made him buy it and you know George-he was really upset!

jerseyangel Proficient
Susan, George took it in the bathroom and the clerk made him buy it and you know George-he was really upset!

Yes, then he tried to return it, but they had put a red dot on it which meant it had been in a bathroom and he couldn't take it back.

TriticusToxicum Explorer
LLBean, huh? That's catalog only right? I have a confession-I've never ordered from a catalog. I don't know why. Thanks for the suggestions.

They used to be just a single store in Freeport, ME, but have recently expanded to a handful along the east coast. Trust me you can't go wrong with their flannel. It's like sleeping in a fuzzy warm cloud :rolleyes:

Open Original Shared Link

jerseyangel Proficient
They used to be just a single store in Freeport, ME, but have recently expanded to a handful along the east coast. Trust me you can't go wrong with their flannel. It's like sleeping in a fuzzy warm cloud :rolleyes:

Open Original Shared Link

We have one of their stores near us--it's very nice--not nearly as big as the one in Freeport, though. I also have their catalogue, and they are offering free shipping during the holiday season. Their flannel is really nice, and their turtlenecks are the absolute best.

lindalee Enthusiast

Thanks for the link. The closest is an outlet in Williamsburg. I can take a little road trip over there.

AndreaB Contributor
OH MY GAAAAWD

THE BULLDOGS WON

:angry::angry::angry: they just put an end to their "Longest losing streak in 77 years" and it's because I forgot to TELL you guys to PRAY against them.......

Bah! :angry:

:ph34r::lol::lol::lol::ph34r:

Thanks for your prayers Lindalee. :)

My dad called and said that he does want the kids to come down....so it's settled. There is a park with a zoo in it nearby them that Mitch will be able to take the older 2 too.

Looks like I missed the party. :(

Where's Evie?

lindalee Enthusiast
We have one of their stores near us--it's very nice--not nearly as big as the one in Freeport, though. I also have their catalogue, and they are offering free shipping during the holiday season. Their flannel is really nice, and their turtlenecks are the absolute best.

Thanks, I'll check out those too!! Patti, I got the toothpaste you reccommended and love it. Also got the tea tree one. I think I will be brushing my cat's teeth with that one. He was very upset about me going away and wouldn't eat for my friend. He is eating for me and I have been giving him the moist stuff(gluten-free) and chicken broth every time I eat it - He wants some! :D

Mtndog Collaborator

Youse guys is funny tonight (sorry- just got back from Bawston).

Hugs and lots of warm wubs :wub::wub::wub: to everyone needing them tonight.

Andrea- I was thinking about your question. Like someone else said, I don't really think there's a wrong answer to your question, but I think that whatever would make your last time with your dad the least stressful for him and you would be the best. Is he at home? Would you all be staying with him? You can PM me and I'll email you back if you want to talk about it. HUGS.

Laura- I hope you get things figured out. You've really been having a rough time. Your new avatar is precious- Emma is my favorite name. :D

Rachel- Your post made me tear up. You have been through so much. You should definitely let that naturopath know. I am still amazed at all the physical trauma you have been through. I've been in the situation where i woud wake up and not want to wake up but I think only one time in my life did I feel so ill that I wanted death to take me...it was during my first episode with depression. I didn't want to take my own life, I just didn't want to be in my body anymore. If that makes sense.

I like the way you say you're assembling your team. I have really thought, for a long time, that people like us (with disorders or diseases that affect multiple systems in the body) should have a team of doctors. It just makes so much sense. Like why do I have to go to one person for my GI stuff, another for psych/neurologica stuff, and another (actually 2 others) for joint/muscle stuff and of course an Ob/gyn when all of the problems could be somewhat related. They should all be together at a center somewhere.

Ugh!

randomness....family Guy is on and they are visiting someone at a mental hospital. Lois says, "My brother is insane?" and thedoctor replies, "No we prefer to refer to them as the MENTALLY HILARIOUS" Love it!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

SusieQ- Glad you blew that guy off. He probably has no cajones anyway.

Donna- I didn't know you were single?????

Julie- Thanks for going back :ph34r: to find my question. The Miralax isn't working yet. Started it Thursday and it can take up to 4 days to work but it's now been 7 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UGH!

i'm glad to know Evie has been sighted!

AndreaB Contributor
Youse guys is funny tonight (sorry- just got back from Bawston).

Hugs and lots of warm wubs :wub::wub::wub: to everyone needing them tonight.

Andrea- I was thinking about your question. Like someone else said, I don't really think there's a wrong answer to your question, but I think that whatever would make your last time with your dad the least stressful for him and you would be the best. Is he at home? Would you all be staying with him? You can PM me and I'll email you back if you want to talk about it. HUGS.

Thanks Bev. Dad called and he's ok with everyone going down. I will try and see if I can get some computer time during his rests so I can keep you guys updated (and not get so far behind)

randomness....family Guy is on and they are visiting someone at a mental hospital. Lois says, "My brother is insane?" and thedoctor replies, "No we prefer to refer to them as the MENTALLY HILARIOUS" Love it!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Mtndog Collaborator

oh rats....andrea- you posted while I was rambling on. I'm glad you came to a decision. :D

Flannel sheet drive-by: Just got Macy's Charter Club flannel sheets and they are super soft. Good thing about LL Bean is most of their products come with a lifetime guarantee (or at least they used to) and theor quality is amazing. I have an LL Bean flannel robe and I like it when it finally gets cole enough in the fall that I can wear it after I get up!

lindalee Enthusiast

Andrea,

When I have visited very ill people and loved ones in the hospital I take them a small radio and put it on BBN. It is very comforting to them. When there is a bad storm I go to sleep with it on and it helps give me peace. Hugs, LindaLee

AndreaB Contributor

I love flannel sheets too. I don't know where my mom got the ones I have. They were a Christmas gift one year. My daughter cut into one of the pillow cases with her scissors. :angry: That was around the same time she cut a new shirt of her younger brother. :blink:

My oldest son decided it would be fun to cut the fabric of the couch. There was a snag that is now a gaping hole. :angry:

I thought kids cut hair. My daughter did cut a lock of hers too though.

lindalee Enthusiast
oh rats....andrea- you posted while I was rambling on. I'm glad you came to a decision. :D

Flannel sheet drive-by: Just got Macy's Charter Club flannel sheets and they are super soft. Good thing about LL Bean is most of their products come with a lifetime guarantee (or at least they used to) and theor quality is amazing. I have an LL Bean flannel robe and I like it when it finally gets cole enough in the fall that I can wear it after I get up!

We don't have a Macy's here yet. Robe :) sounds good. I am looking forward to visiting this place. :)

happygirl Collaborator

x

AndreaB Contributor

Laura,

Love the pic of your nieces. :)

lindalee Enthusiast

Thanks Laura, you're right. Where did you get yours? Being in a condo I don't shop much because I know I have to get rid of something :D

Really hope you are getting better. I know you will. Just hang in there. :)

Archived