Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rachel--24

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

I believe I'm allergic and intolerant to soy, but I can handle shampoo that has soy protein in it. It's strange I can use it topically because when I injest it my skin breaks out. Soy oil honestly isn't as problematic, but if you're worried maybe you could return it to the store?

I'm intolerant to soy--I get symptoms similar to gluten if I eat the protein. I can eat lecithan in small amounts with no problem--not the oil, though. I am using a shampoo that contains soy protein (Giovanni) and after 2 weeks, have had no problem with it at all. Truth is, I'd rather not use soy at all since I'm intolerant, and really don't know if it is affecting me by using it topically. It is difficult to find a shampoo (and even moreso a conditioner) that has no SLS, gluten AND soy--so I took the lesser of the evils! Andrea--what kind of shampoo do you use, if you don't mind my asking?

I was going to say, can you imagine having bathroom duty in this community of celiacs. :lol:

I will be conveniently absent when that job is given out.

:lol::lol:

OMG...I never thought about that! :o

Yeah...I'll be busy shopping at The-Other-Side-Of-The-Mountain Mall when those kind of chores come up!

Oh dear God! I just read the spoon theory! How poignant, and true.

Susan, I'm so jealous! I adore raspberry and cream, so I'm coveting that garment! About my husband, he's still living in the 1940s! :lol::lol::lol: I haven't yet been able to drag him, in proverbial kicking and screaming mode, into the 21st century. Imagine, as a faux finish artist, trying to be stress-free while living in a house with LR and DR walls covered in 1970s paneling!!! :angry::angry::angry: He actually likes it. :blink: Poor old dear, he lives life with blinders on. :lol:

G'night all. Hugs all around.

Cissie

All I know about blood is that it is red outside the body!

:lol::lol: Yeah...me too and it makes me all woozy and weak if I see it...so you wont find me volunteering to do any blood draws in Rachelville. I'm such a baby. :ph34r:

I've never gotten used to having my blood drawn...I still cringe everytime and I turn away and either close or cover my eyes. I know....what a wuss huh? :ph34r:

One time the nurse told me I had been great through the whole thing and then she presented me with a Barbie sticker and a lolipop....cuz I was such a "trooper". :blink:

I was with my friend and apparantly she thought I was child w/ my Mom. :ph34r:

I'm a huge baby when it comes to needles--or any medical procedure. I always remember what my dad told me when I was literally 5 years old. I was on his lap, and I had to get a shot. He put his had over my eyes, and whispered--just don't look. No matter what, when I'm about to be "stuck", I remember not to look. It helps :D

So all this talk about Rachelville has me thinking about farming LOL....

I noticed the other day that my co-op sells two different kinds of certain things. The two categories are organic and sustainable. So I'm wondering, are they allowed to use Auxigro and such on sustainable farms????

So, obviously in Rachelville, we are NOT going to have DOCTORS, are we? But what WILL we have?

Oh--I couldn't find the spoon thing that every one is referring to--what page is it on? :(

Her you go...

SPOON!!!

Andrea--what kind of shampoo do you use, if you don't mind my asking?

I just switched to Dove since it was listed on other sites. I would also prefer to avoid everything you are. What do the SLS's do anyway? I used to use Abba or Jason shampoos and conditioners.

SLS-Sodium Laurel Sulfate is a detergent that can be irritating to some people. I researched it a bit, and felt I'd be better off using products without it. I had what was diagnosed as eczema on my eyelid for years--used everything to treat it, even Rx creams. When I stopped using products with SLS, it cleared up, and has not come back. It's a little bit of a challenge, like I said, to find products without that, gluten or soy--they all seem to have one or the other. :blink: Did you get a chance to try the Kiss My Face Olive Oil Soap? That is very good.

SLS-Sodium Laurel Sulfate is a detergent that can be irritating to some people. I researched it a bit, and felt I'd be better off using products without it. I had what was diagnosed as eczema on my eyelid for years--used everything to treat it, even Rx creams. When I stopped using products with SLS, it cleared up, and has not come back. It's a little bit of a challenge, like I said, to find products without that, gluten or soy--they all seem to have one or the other. :blink: Did you get a chance to try the Kiss My Face Olive Oil Soap? That is very good.

Patti:

Is that you, how pretty you are. Inside and out. :)

Lisa

Patti,

I love your new picture! :P

Haven't bought the kiss my face yet. Our grocery bugdet is extinct. :) We've decided we can't afford to buy everything organic. :(

Patti!! I love your picture, gorgeous :):):)

I also never look when I am getting a shot or blood drawn. I don't want to see the needle going in, or the blood being pulled out- I think I would pass out if I did look.

Mango, I'm not sure about the sustainable farming and auxigro. Will have to look into that. Are you planning on taking up farming? :lol:

Mango, I'm not sure about the sustainable farming and auxigro. Will have to look into that. Are you planning on taking up farming? :lol:

I do hear it's easy to find fruit picking jobs in Australia. Maybe I'll become a farmer. At least then I'll have something more valuable to contribute to Rachelville :lol::lol:

I do hear it's easy to find fruit picking jobs in Australia. Maybe I'll become a farmer. At least then I'll have something more valuable to contribute to Rachelville :lol::lol:

:lol: There you go! Good plan :lol:

Dear Girls,

Could you do me a favour please? I'm off on my holidays. Please don't post anything for the next 2 weeks as I'm already about 200 posts behind and will never catch up with the gossip. Feel free to resume posting on July 31st. Thankyou for your cooperation in this matter...

Hehe! There will literally be about a thousand posts to read when I get back! I'm looking forward to it already. I hope everyone will have miraculously got better.

Best wishes,

Matilda

Julie and Celia--Thank you both! It's a little odd having my face pop up every time I post--will take some getting used to....Celia, we are non-identical twins (I forget the proper name for that) :D

Poor Vincent--don't worry, we'll bring our guys with us! :lol:

If I missed it............but where would Rachelville be, what part of the country? I could offer a pilot, who could fly to Maine and bring back Lobsters and fresh seasonal corn-on-the-cob for the Feast of Sea and Land.

Rusla could do the blessing