This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Mango04 Enthusiast
I know! Today I had flash through my mind about the protective auxigro detecting geese.

Protective auxigro detecting geese!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

This would be the perfect time for a new person to randomly read the last page of this thread.

Protective auxigro detecting geese....THE SECRET TO EATING DAIRY AGAIN!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dlp252 Apprentice

:lol::lol::lol:

rinne Apprentice
Green12 Enthusiast
This would be the perfect time for a new person to randomly read the last page of this thread.

Exactly! If they didn't think we were nuts before this would really do it.

I think everyone is so funny and I can't believe some of the stuff everyone came up with. It makes me laugh :lol:

I had a vision of myself as the "Rachelville Greeter" standing on a float, you know like one of those parade floats, and it had been hitched up to the back of one of Andrea's husband's trucks, driving me back and forth through Rachelville, and I had one of those beauty pageant perma-grins and a robotic hand wave. The geese would fly over head and I would say don't worry don't be scared, those are just the protective auxigro detecting geese. Hello, and Welcome to Rachelville.

Camille'sBigSister Newbie
LMAO...Oooops that was a typo.

I meant to say "testing". :P

That would be pretty damn gross if I had to taste my samples! :blink:

I knew it was a typo, but I just couldn't help myself. It was too good to pass up!

OMG! ROFLMAO!!!

Cissie

I have to go to bed now. Y'all have worn me out. G'night to all.

miamia Rookie
Celia,

I had a b12 injection and brought more home to do but I had my regular doctor do a blood draw and see what my levels were. She said they were normal but I've read other posts that normal differs. I really need to call and see what the number was. My point is, the doctor I saw for my allergy testing and the b12 presription gave me the injection so I could see how it was done (since I was going to do them at home). You need to go real slow with the injection or it does hurt. It barely bothered me at all. Slow is the trick.

Glad the rest of your appointment went so well. Good job and a pat on the back for you....or a hug if you prefer hugs over pats on the back. :P

Rachel,

Has it be almost a month already for your new med? I hope all goes well with your check back test.

Miamia,

Keep us posted on how the new med does for you as well. That's great that your doctor is letting you go on it.

Susan,

Doesn't sound like you had much fun with c-diff. :ph34r: I never heard of it till I came on this site.

Good Morning/Afternoon all depending on where you live. :P

Evie,

Hope and pray for good news today for your husband.

Donna,

Sounds reasonable to me. Also if you go off refined sugar and reduce all sugar intake you'll have the added benefit of weight loss. I lost 18 pounds doing that a few years ago.

I just got home and the new meds are here I am going to take the first one tonight - I am excited. Its been a very long time since I actually wanted to take anything its very weird for me.

God I hate that I have also reaped the benefits of weight lloss. I need to gain!!!!

Miamia

Camille'sBigSister Newbie

I think everyone is so funny and I can't believe some of the stuff everyone came up with. It makes me laugh :lol:

I had a vision of myself as the "Rachelville Greeter" standing on a float, you know like one of those parade floats, and it had been hitched up to the back of one of Andrea's husband's trucks, driving me back and forth through Rachelville, and I had one of those beauty pageant perma-grins and a robotic hand wave. The geese would fly over head and I would say don't worry don't be scared, those are just the protective auxigro detecting geese. Hello, and Welcome to Rachelville.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And has anyone considered the fact that we all belong in a looney bin? :blink::blink::blink:

Okay, I'm really shutting down now.

Cissie

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor

I decide to get off of the forum for a couple hours and I come back to this!.!.!.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Back to the fun of Rachelville. Julie, that's classic, you pratice that wave now. I want horses in Rachelville. Haven't been able to afford any here. I would also need to relearn how to ride. I rode a couple times about 4 years ago, before that it had probably been at least 10 years. They say you never forget how to ride a bike. The same could be said of horses...but I beg to differ. My balance is not anywhere near what it used to be...maybe because it's not my horse. Bikes, well last time I rode a bike was about 7-8 years ago, easy enough to ride, it was remembering to apply both brakes instead of one. We put the bikes in storage at a church members house and they wound up getting sold. :ph34r: They weren't very expensive, but we haven't replaced them and have nowhere to ride anyway.

Back on topic. Ummmmm, Talitha is still doing okay on her off rice challenge. I sure hope this isn't something we have to avoid with her all the time. She doesn't like meat hardly at all, or vegetables. Since we found Lara bars she may not miss her enjoy life snickerdoodle cookies so much. I'm beginning to hate food allergies and we aren't even allergic to half of what a lot of you are dealing with here. :(

Mango04 Enthusiast

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm so laughing out loud. That description paints quite the picture of Rachelville.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Protective auxigro detecting geese!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ROFLMAO!!!!

OMG Julie...you crack me up!!

Ahem...yes....our geese here in Rachelville have many duties to perform. They are very "protective" and serve their purpose of keeping our town free of not only the nasty Auxigro...but all other "nasties" that may try to infiltrate the sanctitude of our cult farm. :D

Yeah....I could soooo see you doing that!! :D

AndreaB Contributor
I got my feelings hurt.... :(

She said, "Sounds like the "Island of Misfits" from Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer"

I'm sorry Celia. That wasn't a very kind thing to say. :o She's probably jealous that you have so many friends on this forum...and friends that understand what you're going through or at least are understanding even if they don't. :P Rachelville is a great community! :D:lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

Ah--The Island of Misfit Toys! I love that show--I've watched it almost every Christmas season since I was a child! Don't forget that at the end, the toys get all fixed up, like new and are then delivered to the girls and boys. So, it is like us--we're all going to get well and get on with our lives!! :D But still be friends :)

Celia--my twin is not a misfit!

Rachel--24 Collaborator
She said, "Sounds like the "Island of Misfits" from Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer"

Awwww...Celia, she just doesnt know. We're nothing like the "Island of Misfits"....we are so much better than that. I mean really....did the Island of Misfits have all the luxuries we have here in Rachelville? I dont think so. Did they have a town greeter who waves so enthusiastically while protective geese fly above her? I dont think so. Did they have the perfect 85 degree weather we have here...with koalas living in the trees and snow only on Xmas? I think Not!

Puleeeeze....its so very obvious that she's jealous of our paradise cult farm...who wouldnt be! :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Ah--The Island of Misfit Toys! I love that show--I've watched it almost every Christmas season since I was a child! Don't forget that at the end, the toys get all fixed up, like new and are then delivered to the girls and boys. So, it is like us--we're all going to get well and get on with our lives!! :D But still be friends :)

Yeah....the toys DO get fixed up...and we will too!! :)

evie Rookie

[quote name='Robbin' date='Jul 18 2006, 10:19 AM'

:) Hi evie, will send up prayers for your dear hubby too. That hosta sounds heavenly btw-do you know the name? The one I am trying to "bring back to life" is called "So Sweet" hosta and it only will get about 14" diameter. The flowers were so pure white and delicate-just like a mini daylily. Have a great day everyone!!

jerseyangel Proficient
YEAH!! I want to be the choo choo train with square wheels okay?

:lol::lol: Oh my God that is so funny! I forgot about the square wheels! :lol: I'm having a laughing jag right now!!!

Evie--SO GOOD TO HEAR!!! Thank goodness :D

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular
Morning, morning everyone,

I have to leave in about 20 min for the doctor but still wanted to read what I missed and a big howdy! :)

I always get all nervous everytime I go to the doctor... is there a phobia for doctor's visits? :huh:

Given my current distrust of doctors' abilities to use their brains, not to mention how frequently they tend to CONSCIOUSLY intimidate their patients, I'd call it, "common sense...."

CarlaB Enthusiast
YEAH!! I want to be the choo choo train with square wheels okay?

I check this thread ocassionally, but haven't posted because it's hard to keep up with. I'd bet your friend meant nothing bad. I often have a self-deprecating humor, so I might have said something like this if I had the creativity to think of it ... I thought it was funny!

I'm sorry you took it badly ... that's the part that's not funny. I can actually relate to the misfit toys ... they don't work quite right, neither do I. I'm just glad that they didn't put all of us out on some island somewhere!! Eating gluten-free sometimes has that effect though ... Oh, I can't eat there, can we go somewhere else? Oh, not there either ...

CarlaB Enthusiast
I was probably being over sensitive, I have been lately... don't know why.

Oh, we can have lots of excuses for that. :D I do the same thing ...

rinne Apprentice
Okay... I got my knickers in a knot....

Talking to my girlfriend on the phone and was just gabbing and I laughed and talked a little about Rachelville, all the funny things everyone was saying... and you know what she said to me?????

I got my feelings hurt....

I'm with Rachel, I think she is simply jealous of our wonderful life in Rachelville. And Rachel I loved your description of our little community.

I'm sorry you're feelings were hurt Celia. I am learning that I can't really convey to anyone what it is like to come upon a community of people who share my struggle with wellness. I think what we are doing here is important, we are not only sharing information which is helping us but just as importantly we are playing and we are laughing, laughing is healing.

AndreaB Contributor

WE love you Celia! :P

If we get to pick toys I want a horse. :D:lol:

VydorScope Proficient

OKay, I go away for most of the day, and this thread ALMOST gets on topic and serious... then some one has to bring up the geese :lol::lol::lol:

Y'all are a bunch of nuts thats for sure!!! (Yes Im galdd to be part of the nuthouse LOL)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I just got home and the new meds are here I am going to take the first one tonight - I am excited. Its been a very long time since I actually wanted to take anything its very weird for me.

God I hate that I have also reaped the benefits of weight lloss. I need to gain!!!!

Miamia

MiaMia,

I'm excited for you!!

I hope everything goes well for you! Hopefully you will you be lucky and not experience the drowsiness ....So far I never got any side effects that I'm aware of. I'm totally rooting for you. :D

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Holy cow, I had just written this whole long post, and lost it, about how INSANELY funny you all are.....needed to come back to R-ville for a good laugh...I see the loony bin is still going strong.....

No time to re-construct my post - - - was with family all day, my bro's MIL died after such a long and terrible struggle with cancer - she weighed 72 lbs in the end....so there is almost a sense of peace finally...Patti, you pm'd Lynne, and guess what, made my day to get a call from our friend in Kentucky, this board is amazing.

Rachel - - our "paradise cult farm" :lol::lol: a particularly amusing description!! Celia, your friend surely is jealous......

Julie - - you on the float - - - :lol::lol: I had rather pictured you at the front gates of R-ville, handing out pamphlets and smiling, with sort of an airport scanner device to detect gluten in visitors (oh wait, that would be security)...dont' forget about the DINGOS helping the auxigro-sniffing geese.....

Evie - - such good news about y our hubby! :rolleyes:

Cissie - - you wrote somethign hilarious I wanted to address and can't remember.....

I had such a great day with my family, and am in fact goign back now. They live just two miles away, I intentionally moved this close to them to re-establish connections.

Anybody know if honebaked ham is okay to eat? am goign back over and it looked SO Good.......

glad to see the mayhem continues.....we are all nuts, are we not?

AndreaB Contributor

Miamia and Rachel,

Please continue to keep us updated. It's exciting to have a med that can help you two out, as well as others.

Vincent,

This can't be a nuthouse....some people on this thread have allergies or intolerances to nuts. Can everyone eat some form of fruit....then we could be the fruithouse, or fruitcakes if you prefer. :lol:

Archived