This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Chelsea - rather be called Kiddo than Ma'am....wait until you hear your first Ma'am.....I was about 38 or 39, maybe.....now and then a guy will call me MIss, and I practically kiss him, and I always point out to the hapless young gentleman who just said it how excited I am by the fact that he called me miss.... :rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tiredofdoctors Enthusiast

Count me in! Rachelville sounds like a great place!!!!!! :lol: In the land of the Misfit Toys, my personal favorite is Herbie, the wannabe Dentist. Although the water gun that squirts grape jelly is pretty good, as is the Charlie in the Box. . . . . .

So, Susan tells me to read starting at page 164 . . . . there are a WHOLE lot of posts since page 164!!!!! But I will be Rachelville's official PT, and when everyone starts getting old and has back problems, neck problems, etc., I'll be your gal . . . . .

Dingos with rubber teeth . . . . interesting concept. That would work so that they wouldn't get the geese. But then, they also wouldn't be able to protect Rachelville, either . . . unless ONLY the geese protect it.

Chelsea . . . kiddo beats ma'am anyday. Trust me.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

welcome to lunacy, Lynnie!! Oh you'll have to start reading WAY before page 164 - - - it's just that last night, in my delirium, those three pages really cracked me up....and shows how nuts we've gotten... :wacko:

jerseyangel Proficient
That's me Celia,I'm here!!

(slight delay due to time zones-I'm in BST-British Summer Time,)

Whatcha fancy?Wash and blow dry?

God knows in this heat (36 celcius) I need something done to my hair!!!

It's frizzing outta control :lol::lol:

Hey Nikki! So glad you've joined us :D Having you be our stylist is perfect--since you have personal experience with frizzy hair! :lol: I'm open to any professional tips you might have......

AndreaB Contributor

Welcome Lynne and you're hired.....I said that before. We always like new people in Rachelville...as long as they are gluten free...we don't want be glutened. :P

jerseyangel Proficient

Lynne! Our new PT! That works out well too because I'm already getting old, and the ole neck isn't what it used to be ;) I see you are also a fan of Rudolph :D Remember how Rudolph said "San-ta" when his dad made him wear the fake nose? :(

nikki-uk Enthusiast

No problem-I'm getting my foils out as we speak!

I'll have you sorted in no time-would you like a coffee/drink while you wait?

Patti,

Can you get John Freida products over there?

Frizz Ease serum-fantastic stuff.

It says to put it on wet hair,but I find it works better once your hair is dry,and you only need a little bit else you'll end up looking greasy!

Open Original Shared Link

Glad to be of service in beautiful ole Rachelville :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Green12 Enthusiast
Relevations, great word, what does it mean? I'm thinking: relev as in important and elevations as in higher places, so relevations is the sharing of an important journey to the uplifted and inspirational community of Rachelville. :) Anyone else?

This is perfect rinne, aka having an OMG moment in Rachelville!!!

CarlaB Enthusiast
Off all topics, even the off-topic ones -

I just got off the phone with our tech guy for our prospect managment software that's showing me how to use this labrynth of a system that's supposed to make my life easier. He's maybe 30, and works with all of the councils nationwide.

Should I be offended he called me kiddo? :huh::rolleyes::P

C'mon guys, I know I'm young, but sheesh!

Better than "hun" I guess....

There's a guy who regularly calls me kiddo, and he's a couple years younger than me! Just wait till salesmen come to your door and ask if your mom is home! At least you can say no and close the door!!

Got my foils last week :rolleyes:

jerseyangel Proficient
No problem-I'm getting my foils out as we speak!

I'll have you sorted in no time-would you like a coffee/drink while you wait?

Patti,

Can you get John Freida products over there?

Frizz Ease serum-fantastic stuff.

It says to put it on wet hair,but I find it works better once your hair is dry,and you only need a little bit else you'll end up looking greasy!

Open Original Shared Link

Glad to be of service in beautiful ole Rachelville :D

Thanks for the tip! Yes, I can get John Freida products here--they are widely available. I actually used to use their Wind Down Creme to blow dry, but someone on here said that it might not be gluten-free. I should check that out myself, because I loved that stuff. I've not used the serum--would I just run it thru my hair once I've let it dry naturally (curly?) Thank you Nikki--I'm a little obsessive about my hair :ph34r:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Blonde highlights... I have to be beautiful for the ribbon cutting at Rachelville.

:lol::lol::lol:

Green12 Enthusiast
Chelsea - rather be called Kiddo than Ma'am....wait until you hear your first Ma'am....

yeah, I didn't like so much my first ma'am. It was around 30 for me, and I thought wait a minute, when and how did this happen? Ma'am? :lol: And now ever since, I am a ma'am.

A couple months ago I was called "hun" by a cop. I didn't know how to take that one....

DingoGirl Enthusiast
A couple months ago I was called "hun" by a cop. I didn't know how to take that one....

Well, was he cute? 'cause that might help in interpreting... ;)

jerseyangel Proficient
yeah, I didn't like so much my first ma'am. It was around 30 for me, and I thought wait a minute, when and how did this happen? Ma'am? :lol: And now ever since, I am a ma'am.

Yep Julie, the first "Ma'am is always the hardest :lol::lol: I kind of looked around, like--they couldn't possibly mean me! :o

CarlaB Enthusiast

Yea, I was just going to ask if you got his number!

Green12 Enthusiast
--I'm a little obsessive about my hair :ph34r:

:lol: Me too Patti, but I think it's because of the curl for me. I just never have figured out how to work with it, most of the time I am working against it, and that isn't good...

Thanks for all the tips Nikki for the frizzy hair :)

VydorScope Proficient

When I used to work retail I refered to every man as "Sir" and every woman as "Ma'am", reguardless of age. I just saw it as being respectful. You ladies read to much in to things....

CarlaB Enthusiast
:lol: Me too Patti, but I think it's because of the curl for me. I just never have figured out how to work with it, most of the time I am working against it, and that isn't good...

Thanks for all the tips Nikki for the frizzy hair :)

Your hair looks great in both this picture and your other one!!! Looks like you've figured it out to me!!!

I rub some coconut oil or hand lotion on my hands, then run them through my hair if I'm not home and it's gotten frizzy. It tames it a lot.

Green12 Enthusiast

Yeah, I guess he kind of was cute, a little older, mustache, really muscular, uniform, a gun strapped to his side, his hot ride with the flashing lights, shall I go on...

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Uh-Oh,Celia,I better take my latex gloves off while I'm doing your hair,

Better not offer you any Bananas either apparently :o

But it's ok-feel free with any allergy/intolerance here in R-Ville :)

;)

Green12 Enthusiast
When I used to work retail I refered to every man as "Sir" and every woman as "Ma'am", reguardless of age. I just saw it as being respectful. You ladies read to much in to things....

You are a good egg. :) I get the respect part of the term, I know that people are more often than not using it in that way. It's just a little hard hearing it for the first time, and then from there on out. I always considered my mom to be the ma'am, and then when I became one, it's just a reminder that we are getting older, that's all.

Your hair looks great in both this picture and your other one!!! Looks like you've figured it out to me!!!

I rub some coconut oil or hand lotion on my hands, then run them through my hair if I'm not home and it's gotten frizzy. It tames it a lot.

Carla, you are way too kind :) This picture is the first and only, and probably last, time I had my hair professionally 'done'. It took hours to roll it and dry it and then tease it out and pin it into place. I would never have the patience to do that every day. I like to wash and go and not mess with it too much. I actually don't mind so much the curl, but I have so much of it, it's really really thick.

Great tip about the coconutoil, thanks for sharing :)

penguin Community Regular

I actually get called ma'am a lot.

This is for a couple of reasons: 1) the South 2) the organization I work for

They're kind of big on ma'am's and sirs. It's also wierd to be called Miss Chelsea. I lived in the north too long :rolleyes:

jerseyangel Proficient

When I lived in Georgia, my friend's kids would call me Miss Patti :D

AndreaB Contributor

I've been trying to teach my kids to say Miss so and so or Mister so and so, using first names. They hear us use first names all the time so it's kind of difficult to teach them to say Mr or Mrs so and so. I was raised to call people by their first name so that probably doesn't help any. I did have one friend who's dad insisted on Mr, so that's how I addressed him. Years later I still called him Mr even though I was an adult.

Mayflowers Contributor

Hi,

You can try natural thyroid medication. Try a natural physician. The best thing is to not eat any processed foods at all. There's nothing but crap in them anyway. The Breadman bread maker by Salton is the best. :)

Archived