This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

VydorScope Proficient
Vincent,

This can't be a nuthouse....some people on this thread have allergies or intolerances to nuts. Can everyone eat some form of fruit....then we could be the fruithouse, or fruitcakes if you prefer. :lol:

Dang it, thats right,and that includes MY wifey!! :huh::blink:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Robbin

evie, I am so glad to hear about your dear hubby's test!!PtL is right!! Yep, sounds like you also have the weakness for hostas!!

Wow, I laughed so hard about that "taste test" I nearly wet myself!! Cissie, you are SUCH A HOOT!!!

WHAT, MISFITS??! WE are the lucky people who know how to laugh and love in spite of our pain. What a beachy thing to say. What the heck kind of friend is that, with you sick? I am sorry she said that to you. She is jealous, obviously. We do love you Celia, and you are not a misfit.

Susan, I am so sorry to hear about your family's loss. What a stressful time. I hope you have food you can eat there and take care of your health, because it is easy to let things slide when you are caring for others, and I get that vibe about you, Missy Care-A-Lot!!!

Fiddle-Faddle --You and I are sooooo on the same page with the mistrust of the medical profession. Do you have any advice for a musically illiterate 45 yr old who always wanted to play an instrument other than the harmonica? Is it too late, has my musical ability section of the brain closed down forever?!!

Rachel, I am really indebted to you for the research and sharing you have done. I am sorry it had to come at your own pain, but you really have educated and helped others with your search for answers. I feel like we are all on a journey together here.

Andrea, How in the heck do you find the time to do anything, let alone share with us with THREE KIDS and is it FIVE? stepkids?!!!! I can hardly get anything done with 1 kid, 1 husband, 2 messy cats and a dog. :blink:

Speaking of dear hubby. No, he doesn't wear double knit--only because I THREW EVERYTHING like that out. I have to lay out his clothes every morning or, omg he will wear the most obscene looking combinations and always finds the goofy stuff I put in the bottom of his drawers for painting (yeah, right, like he ever will paint) and mowing like a greenpeace shirt that has kung pao chicken gravy stains on it, or the ever lovely fish t-shirt he put on Saturday with dress pants and dress shoes complete with argyle socks. I kid-you-not. I try so hard to look good, hair, makeup, clothes and he thinks it is ok to go out together like that?!! I consider it a reflection on me if he looks like crap, cause face it, we do the shopping and most of the time -the laundry- for these guys. How he can look so goofy and not see anything wrong with it, is beyond me.... I am so sorry for the long post, but I have to get offline so ds can check his email. Love to All.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
. No, he doesn't wear double knit--only because I THREW EVERYTHING like that out. I have to lay out his clothes every morning or, omg he will wear the most obscene looking combinations and always finds the goofy stuff I put in the bottom of his drawers for painting (yeah, right, like he ever will paint) and mowing like a greenpeace shirt that has kung pao chicken gravy stains on it, or the ever lovely fish t-shirt he put on Saturday with dress pants and dress shoes complete with argyle socks. I kid-you-not. I try so hard to look good, hair, makeup, clothes and he thinks it is ok to go out together like that?!! I consider it a reflection on me if he looks like crap, cause face it, we do the shopping and most of the time -the laundry- for these guys. How he can look so goofy and not see anything wrong with it, is beyond me.... I am so sorry for the long post, but I have to get offline so ds can check his email. Love to All.

robbin - - - :lol: clearly we need to do another style and aesthetic intervention here..... :rolleyes:

Thank you for your kind words.....BUT - - I haven't taken enough care of my brother and nieces in the last couple of years, and have been trying to make up for it! Relationships are mending. I used to be a royal pain in the arse......working on that.

I want to eat the Honeybaked ham over there and can't find info on their website....dang, I am hungry!

Gotta go - - -

edit - - thank god for this website, just did a quick search and Honeybaked hams most definitely DO have gluten.....guess I"ll be taking my own food over.....

AndreaB Contributor

Robbin,

The 5 stepsons aren't living with us anymore, so I just have my 3. I spend entirely too much time on this board. Gotta work on that. I still need to figure out lesson plans, although I ordered a sample of a plan so that should help me out. :D

Susan,

I'm glad you are able to be their for your nieces (don't remember if you said nephews). That's got to mean a lot to them. :)

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Thanks Andrea...I don't know how you manage everything!

Here's something funny (well I think it's funny but I am just rather emotional lately and reacting strongly one way or another to everything).....I started reading back to the very beginning of this thread, to try and catch up (as if that's possible). It started out very seriously, with our Mayor and Founder quite concerned about her corn problem....different people were posting at that time than are here now....it was all rather serious (not that we don't have serious and wonderful moments still :) )....I haven't read far enough to know when it devolved into misfits and lunacy.....I wonder what chapter that's in? But I notice that some of the people from the beginning are no longer here....clearly they have been deprogrammed and left the cult.....just a bunch of lunatics running the paradise farm now..... :ph34r::ph34r::wacko::):lol::lol:

And may I just say, if you're ever the least bit sad - - as I just was this evening - - just read from the bottom of page 164 to this page....I am just laughing out loud here by myself.....

protective auxigro-detecting geese - - - -the cure for eating dairy - - sample tastings, and the float with our queen Julie...

:lol::lol::lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Oh, AHEM, by the way, it has been brought to my attention that there is no physical therapist as yet in Rachelville, so I am issuing a formal invitation to my wacky southern friend Lynne (Tired of Doctors)....

Lynnie, get your swolt-up feet over to the paradise cult-farm now....you've got a lot of reading and catching up to do......

Um, I think we'll need a shrink there also.... :blink:

AndreaB Contributor

Is Lynne going to take you up on your offer.....if so, she's hired! By the way Rachel has been promoted to President, I'm the mayor although I have no idea what a mayor does. :P:blink:

I know, I know...they have numerous meetings to make it look like they have enough work to do. :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Is Lynne going to take you up on your offer.....if so, she's hired! By the way Rachel has been promoted to President, I'm the mayor although I have no idea what a mayor does. :P:blink:

I know, I know...they have numerous meetings to make it look like they have enough work to do. :lol:

Oh yes, Lynne has no choice about this....we'll need her as we all grow old and demented together and our bodies ache....

Um, when did the office changes/promotions take place? was there an election? missed it.... ;)

miamia Rookie
MiaMia,

I'm excited for you!!

I hope everything goes well for you! Hopefully you will you be lucky and not experience the drowsiness ....So far I never got any side effects that I'm aware of. I'm totally rooting for you. :D

Rachel-

thanks for the support- perhaps we should be the cheerleaders on our island either that or we could hire Mr Clark to stop by once a weekend to come give us all motivational talks!!

Miamia

Andrea-

not that I dont support your role as mayor but I feel you would be very well suited in a motherly role.

I think you should be the motherly mayor - or something to that extent - we can fool with the official title.

Miamia

VydorScope Proficient

My son can be the offical medence bottle opener! At 2.5 years old he opens his own vitman bottle, yes the kind with the "Child Safe Lid" :lol:

dlp252 Apprentice
My son can be the offical medence bottle opener! At 2.5 years old he opens his own vitman bottle, yes the kind with the "Child Safe Lid" :lol:

Oh good, because I sometimes CAN'T get them open, lol! :lol:

Hey, if we are misfits and our paradise cult farm is a place for misfits...just call me misfit with a capital M! I'll take it any day!!!! :P

Jean-Luc Rookie

Celia,

Sorry your took offense to the "Isle of Misfits" comment. But you know what, it might be fitting. :P Rudolf was a misfit in the eyes of some but he was shown he could contribute to society. He in turn told all the others on the Isle that they too could and should contribute to society. I think your friend may have hit an ok analogy.

Think about it. celiac disease and other food intolerances are being noticed and actually looked it to as the root cause of more major problems. Sad at times that maybe this was afflicted my mom. So us misfits, who speak out and want to find out exactly what is going on by pressing our docs may in fact help others along the way.

To be honest, I like the label misfit (you know some of the others I could be called :lol: ).

Sorry, I do not have the time to catch up on everything else. Must go for now, too much work. Be back later.

Picard

Daxin Explorer

So many people with square wheels. I'd rather be the elephant with the spots.

penguin Community Regular

Are we a utopian cult-farm thingy, now?

So...when does the spaceship get here to take us to the planet of gluten freedom?

I'll make the kool-aid! :lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Are we a utopian cult-farm thingy, now?

So...when does the spaceship get here to take us to the planet of gluten freedom?

I'll make the kool-aid! :lol:

I'll get the Nikes....

Celia, loving your new signature additions, of course we know from whence it arose, unlike people on the rest of the forum where you may be posting....but it could cause inquiry and converrsation and get them into our cult! :lol:

Green12 Enthusiast
ROFLMAO!!!!

Ahem...yes....our geese here in Rachelville have many duties to perform. They are very "protective" and serve their purpose of keeping our town free of not only the nasty Auxigro...but all other "nasties" that may try to infiltrate the sanctitude of our cult farm. :D

Our geese are so highly skilled and trained. Not only can they detect auxigro, they keep us safe from all kinds of poisons and toxins that threaten to enter our healthy clean environment. They keep all the "loonies" out and all of those clearly of sound mind in. Plus they have the ability to fly and swoop in pretty formations.

I guess you could say our geese are multi-purpose/multi-talented.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I hear Tony vacuuming .... as Captain Kirk of the Star Ship Enterprise would say......... I.... must..... go help..... him <_< I'll be back in a few.

my gosh, your husband vacuuming.....how fantastic...be sure and post that on the why we don't need men thread...... :lol: Around here I don't look forward so much to the sound of the pitter-patter of little feet, but the sound of a man doing things for me (sawing limbs off trees, mowing the lawn, opening jars :lol: )

Um, that is scary Vincent!

Green12 Enthusiast
Julie - - you on the float - - - :lol::lol: I had rather pictured you at the front gates of R-ville, handing out pamphlets and smiling, with sort of an airport scanner device to detect gluten in visitors (oh wait, that would be security)...dont' forget about the DINGOS helping the auxigro-sniffing geese.....

You all were talking about grand plans for elaborate gardens and decor, I figured then we must have a float. :lol: I like your idea better. I'll just put on my Walmart "Rachelville" vest with the the little button, "my name is.." and the back says "Ask If I can Help", and stand at the front gates and smile, and wave, and say Hello, and Welcome to Rachelville. :lol:

Yes the Dingos, can't ever forget about the Dingos!

DingoGirl Enthusiast
You all were talking about grand plans for elaborate gardens and decor, I figured then we must have a float. :lol: I like your idea better. I'll just put on my Walmart "Rachelville" vest with the the little button, "my name is.." and the back says "Ask If I can Help", and stand at the front gates and smile, and wave, and say Hello, and Welcome to Rachelville. :lol:

Yes the Dingos, can't ever forget about the Dingos!

The float will be for special occasions, and holidays......

dlp252 Apprentice
Our geese are so highly skilled and trained. Not only can they detect auxigro, they keep us safe from all kinds of poisons and toxins that threaten to enter our healthy clean environment. They keep all the "loonies" out and all of those clearly of sound mind in. Plus they have the ability to fly and swoop in pretty formations.

I guess you could say our geese are multi-purpose/multi-talented.

Someone else will have to teach them to keep me away from the Bumble Bars because I can't be trusted to do it. :lol:

Green12 Enthusiast
OKay, I go away for most of the day, and this thread ALMOST gets on topic and serious... then some one has to bring up the geese :lol::lol::lol:

Y'all are a bunch of nuts thats for sure!!! (Yes Im galdd to be part of the nuthouse LOL)

Yeah sorry, that's me, G U I L T Y

I just couldn't help myself. The geese just kill me, protective auxigro detecting geese......

:lol::lol:

penguin Community Regular

Wouldn't the dingos eat the auxigro-detecting geese? Or would the geese have some sort of protective sheild on? Would the dingos have rubber teeth? :huh:

Green12 Enthusiast
Someone else will have to teach them to keep me away from the Bumble Bars because I can't be trusted to do it. :lol:

:lol: Donna. We can have regular Bumble Bar anonymous meetings, just for you!

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Wouldn't the dingos eat the auxigro-detecting geese? Or would the geese have some sort of protective sheild on? Would the dingos have rubber teeth? :huh:

I am goign to speak to the dingos and fully ascertain if they are up to the task......I think they are.....all is perfect in R-ville and the girls will work in distinct harmony, I am sure...oh, Annie, my own personal "therapy dog," likes to go to the bathroom with me (she holds my hand while I'm peeing), so she might also be interested in accompanying people for their visits to the loo - - she should be quite busy wiht that....Tika is autistic, so she's mostly interested in hunting for lizards and staring intently at people to get what she wants...

Um, off topic? I am so consistently off topic that I"m sure to be voted off the cult farm....

Green12 Enthusiast

trying to get back on topic....

MiaMia- I'm also excited for you starting the new meds. Best of luck with it, and do keep us posted!

evie- I am so glad to hear the good news about your husband's test results. What a relief :)

Andrea- I had a problem with rice too. I just got in the habit of eating it every day in some form, and I don't think I could handle that. I took it out for a little while and now I eat some once or two times a week and I seem to do ok with that. How is your daughter doing?

Rachel- I don't know if you ever said what your OMG moment was yesterday, maybe I missed it?

I feel like I am missing other things, I apologize if I left anything out.

Archived