This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

covsooze Enthusiast

Another quick question! I have always eaten a lot of garlic and still am on the anti-candida diet. Even though I've always eaten it, could it still be killing off the candida? I think I need to be gentle to my body for a while and that means avoiding a major herx, so I was wondering if I should perhaps leave off the garlic for a while?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Susie,

The adrenals are most stressed by transfats, simple carbohydrates, strenuous exercise, and lack of sleep. It is recommended to cut out refined carbohydrates like sugar, pasta, bread, white rice, etc. which you seem to have done already. Getting 6 to 10 hours of sleep and taking a half hour nap a day is also mentioned to help recovery. Caffeine is also to be avoided. Yoga and other less intense exercise is encouraged. Donna would probably be the best person or Donna to recommend supplements.

I am not sure about cutting out the garlic. Since you have always eaten it, I am not sure it would cause a major herx for you. It depends on how bad your case is. You could cut it out temporarily and see how you do. Then you will know how it effects you.

Sincerely,

Jin

confusedks Enthusiast

NoGluGirl,

I know...who would have thought? A sinus infection??!!! I wish you could see him too, he would probably also tell you you don't have Candida. Lol. He tested me for all kinds of bacteria, etc. and everything was fine. No mold exposure (YAY!!!) no heavy metal toxicity (YAY!!!!). I am really glad we went to see him. Although this whole sinus spray thing is YUCKY!!! I can't really figure it out! Oh well.

Everybody else,

Thank you for the support and encouragement. I will give updates. And now I'm off to school. <_< But no school tomorrow, so I can catch up on all my work!

Kassandra

ami27 Apprentice

Thanks for all the support. I actually feel a bit better, more clear this morning. My jaw hurts from having all the dental work done, but that's to be expected. It seems like I have a whole pharmacy on my counter that I'm taking each day :huh: But, it won't be that way forever so I'm ok with that.

Is "compounding pharmacy in their clinic" as rare as it sounds to me? What a great setup tho. :)

Yeah this is a unique clinic and I feel very fortunate to have found it. They have several people that are very knowledgeable in all the right areas. They specialize in compounding, hormone balancing, metal detox, nutrition, etc. They have a mercury free, holistic dentist that they partner with. So they work together to get the heavy metal issues under control. And they are all so kind and caring to top it all off. The dentist called me the night before the work was going to be done to assure me he'd take good care of me and there was nothing to worry about. He called again last night to check on me to make sure I wasn't in any pain! Really nice man.

The IVs are expensive! If necessary, they are worth the money when you have it. I could see why you could not afford them. Insurance does not normally pay for that type of thing.

I'm going to submit all this to my insurance and hope for the best. They've given me all the paperwork I need to file. They just don't deal with the insurance companies themselves. So I've paid for all this upfront. I was just having a bit of sticker shock yesterday. I'm going to do my best to stick to the protocol they've laid out for me. But, I may do one a month as Andrea suggested. That was a good idea.

For those suffering from adrenal burnout, what's the best way of dealing with that? I'm sure my adrenals are stressed out. I'm feeling stressed almost all the time now and for no particular regime - just like I can't cope with anything without feeling stressed.

This is exactly how I've been feeling too. I don't really have the stress that I used to, yet everything stresses me out <_< The protocol they've set out for me is to take cortisone acetate during the day. At night I take tryptophan which helps me unwind and sleep more soundly. They've also instructed me to cut out most carbs. This wasn't too hard since I was mostly eating that way already. I hope you can find a regime that will work for you. Mine is yet to be proven for me, but I'll keep you posted on how I progress.

Ami

dlp252 Apprentice

Morning all! Well, I picked up my neurotransmitter test yesterday...now just trying to decide WHEN to do it. Since I don't have a problem falling asleep, but rather staying asleep, I have to do the test when I wake up in the middle of the night. Chances are good I won't be going back to sleep after THAT, lol. I guess my plan is for Saturday night. That way if I don't go back to sleep I have Sunday to "recover" or at least not have to do anything or go anywhere. The samples can be frozen so that works well. It's both a urine and a saliva test.

I should be getting the results of my stool testing and the Vit D test on Saturday...I have an appointment with Anna to specifically go over these things, so I'm hoping they're all done.

Ami and Kassandra!!! Wow, woohoo! Sounds like you both had great productive days!!! Congratulations Ami on getting those amalgams out!

For those suffering from adrenal burnout, what's the best way of dealing with that? I'm sure my adrenals are stressed out. I'm feeling stressed almost all the time now and for no particular regime - just like I can't cope with anything without feeling stressed. Going on this diet seems to have made things worse (at least it hasn't made it better). I know the reasons, apart from the obvious health ones - the miscarriages, DH starting his business, the change of routine with DS starting school. I'm going to try to get some herbal sleeping tablets and hope I'm not allergic to them. I eat throughout the day. What are good supplements for supporting adrenals?

Jin gave you some good info. I was told to reduce as much stressors off the body as possible. So eating right (and that includes NOT eating stuff you are intolerant too), getting enough rest and don't overdo, exercise but not too strenuous, etc. Every stressor you can take off will help the adrenals recover. I was given a bunch of supplements to take. The one called "Adrenal Support" was basically a "multi" vitamin although not in the sense of the mega multi's you see, but it had several lower dosages of many vitamins, and the B vitamins. I'll look at the label when I get home to give you an idea of what exactly was in there.

They also actually did a saliva test to measure what exactly was out of balance, so they supplemented me based on that with specific things like DHEA, pregnenelone, progest, melatonin... I was on a set schedule with that and I do think they helped.

I was feeling MUCH better for a while afterwards, but slowly I can feel the adrenals going down again. I can't get up in the morning...I feel absolutely exhausted when I first get out of bed. It's a struggle to get ready for work, etc. I've cut back on the exercise again, which I had been slightly increasing (because I felt better, lol), but I think it was working against me. I'm also being more careful on my diet. I've stopped taking some of the supplements (doctor agreed) but did stop one that he wanted me to continue. I'll have to talk to him about that one though because it makes my lips burn.

Another quick question! I have always eaten a lot of garlic and still am on the anti-candida diet. Even though I've always eaten it, could it still be killing off the candida? I think I need to be gentle to my body for a while and that means avoiding a major herx, so I was wondering if I should perhaps leave off the garlic for a while?

You could try it for a week or two and see what happens...then introduce it a little at a time here and there.

dlp252 Apprentice

Oh and I just wanted to add that I'm quite sure that my adrenals are being affected by the Lyme...the BioSET testing showed pretty clearly that the Lyme is affecting my endocrine system and my Krebs cycle and the adrenals...and nearly every other function in my body, lol. I think that's why they're having such a hard time coming back. This will probably be a struggle for me until I can address the Lyme, but can't address that until I address the mold and mercury, lol.

AndreaB Contributor
Oh and I just wanted to add that I'm quite sure that my adrenals are being affected by the Lyme...the BioSET testing showed pretty clearly that the Lyme is affecting my endocrine system and my Krebs cycle and the adrenals...and nearly every other function in my body, lol. I think that's why they're having such a hard time coming back. This will probably be a struggle for me until I can address the Lyme, but can't address that until I address the mold and mercury, lol.

I have to agree with getting the lyme addressed once the others are addressed.

Maybe you could look into the LED's once you can get a little ahead? I know, what's "a little ahead". :huh:

I talked to my doctor yesterday to update him on what we've been doing with the ART/ASYRA/LED's this summer. I also talked to him about the root canal being pulled and the other cavitations. He hasn't heard enough good or bad things about the ozone therapy for cavitations to know whether it's beneficial or not. He did say the dentist I'm going to is very good and one on the pioneers on mercury removal......so that's a good thing. :)

Socket still hurts but it's not nearly as bad. It's always worse after I eat, even though I don't chew on that side. Also still have a headache on that side of my head. Doesn't help that S has been getting up earlier than normal. I may have to make myself go to bed a little earlier if he continues this pattern. I have to remind myself that he's getting older and his sleep needs are going to start diminishing a little bit.

Jin, I don't think Mitch and I tested outright for Candida although I wouldn't be surprised if we have it. Digestive Maladies came up with him with the word dysbiosis in the description so I'm assuming he has it. I think M was the other one. The ASYRA goes in layers so it could be another layer down. T tested for it this time, although she hadn't last time.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, I read your update with a lot of interest. I do have a question about the mercury: After the chelation, is the goal to not have symptoms break through--as a sign we are doing enough detoxing? And is there a set amount of time after the chelation that the mercury is excreted? I know if it isn't excreted it is reabsorbed and redistributed, which we don't want.

Sherry,

Yeah...the goal is to not have any symptoms during the chelation. If I'm having symptoms it would mean that my system is getting overwhelmed which would lead to redistribution. We definately dont want that so the more support I have the better. Same thing applies to my antimicrobial and antifungal treatments. If I start feeling any symptoms of die-off coming on I increase my intake of all the detox supplements until it stops.

So far I havent had any major symptoms from any of the treatments....I'm still stable and hoping it stays this way. I'm up to about 40 drops of Banderol a day (20 drops 2 x a day)...and I increase one drop each day. I'm taking caprylic acid and GSE for yeast.

I'm taking a ton of stuff for support. I think if I wasnt taking these things I would be suffering pretty bad based on past experience.

I dont think theres any specific time period for excretion after a chelator. It would most likely depend on how well you're moving things out. With DMPS most of the metals are coming out in the stool....so obviously you wanna have as many bm's as possible....and also drink plenty of water to move some through the urine.

With DMSA its mostly coming out in urine so its harder on the kidneys....lots of support needed there but the kidneys should be supported with any type of heavy metal detox.

When I took NDF earlier this year I had many symptoms on only a few drops...I had to stop the treatment and I had alot of kidney pain...among other things. I wasnt taking *anything* for support at that time so obviously I wouldnt be able to make it through what I'm doing now without the help of the detox supplements.

NDF is excreted mostly through urine and from what I read about it most of the mercury would be excreted in the first two urinations after taking the NDF. Obviously if things are backing up and the metals arent getting through the kidneys then symptoms can occur. There is never any guarantee that its all gonna get excreted...usually some of it doesnt make it through....especially if the organs are pretty toxic already.

Thats why its important to take things like chlorella or some type of binder to pick up any mobilized metals and help move them out. Also taking things to help with detox like undentaured whey, glutathione, minerals, burbur, liver support, etc.

Mineral supplementation is important because if the body is low on minerals it will hold onto the metals.....plus minerals are getting depleted by the chelator.

My Dr. has said that abx can tie up the metals...making it harder to release them. I read that Dr. Klinghardt feels the same way and prefers to use abx only after the metals are removed. They think that the abx I took after my amalgams were unsafely removed may have locked up the mercury in my jaw area....so that it could not be detoxed. So they are gonna investigate that...I got a list of the 5 abx I've taken since all this started.

The first 4 abx I took while still being exposed to mercury (before all the amalgams were removed)....those seemed to worsen my condition in ways that didnt improve when I stopped the abx.

So I'm very curious to see what they'll come up with looking into the abx.

The mercury isnt wanting to leave my jaw area so its a very stubborn toxic area.

Its difficult to know whats going on with the metals just based on the tests....because its not always leaving the body. Sometimes the chelator isnt getting to it...or your body is holding onto it for some reason. Thats where ART or good muscle testing can help...because they can locate the metals and then try to figure out whats keeping them from moving out.

I decided to not go ahead with the challenge test for now because I'm paying for alot of other things. I read that mercury isnt always coming out in the first or second urine tests. The chelator will often pull out other metals first...especially lead and copper....so the mercury levels might appear normal until furthur into treatment.

I'm gonna hold off right now cuz I dont want to spend the money unessesarily. I think if I see that the mercury levels are low it will start stressing me out so I'm not gonna go there yet. ;)

My Dr. isnt interested in the test results right now because we already know I'm mercury toxic and the results of the test arent gonna change anything about how he proceeds with treatment.

If you're having symptoms after chelation definately try increasing some of the things to help with detox....not the things that pull out more toxins (like saunas)...but the things that help move the toxins out.

I dont know if you already take chlorella but that...plus some of the other things should help you move the metals out. Especially things that help the liver and kidneys....burbur is great for that....glutathione can help with detox alot if you can tolerate it.

For anyone who doesnt tolerate chlorella an alternative to that is Porphyrazyme....thats what I take since I cant tolerate chlorella at all.

This was from Dr. Mercola's site..

Porphrazyme from Biotics Research is another alternative to chlorella that many clinicians have had success with in mercury detoxification.
Rachel--24 Collaborator

Ami,

Yay!! I'm glad you're free of the amalgams!! Its a good feeling to know you've removed something thats so toxic to your body. :)

I love that your Dr.'s and the dentist are so caring....it makes a big difference. I feel this way about the Dr.'s I see now and I actually look forward to my appts....its such a different experience from what I went through with the conventional Dr.s.

Thats awesome that the dentist called you to put you at ease the night before your removals. :)

It sounds like you're in good hands.

Kassandra,

Good news for you as well! I'm glad you like this Dr. and that he was able to get you in so quickly.

Also good to know that he doesnt see candida as a problem all on its own...and that there are always underlying issues with chronic yeast problems. Far too many naturopaths out there arent recognizing that fact...and they're not looking for the root problem.

Treating chronic candida by itself...is a "band-aid" treatment...just as your Dr. said.

Hope things go well with your treatment. :)

confusedks Enthusiast

Hello everyone,

I had a really good day! I have quite a bit more energy and I slept SO well last night (even though sleeping in never a problem for me...it's actually quite the opposite...can't wake up!) :P I went to bed at 8.30 and woke up at 5.19 (one minute before my alarm :lol:). School went much smoother today because I wasn't looking at the clock every 2 seconds to see when I could get home to take a nap!!!! :rolleyes:

I now have a question for all of you, how do you deal with unsupportive people about Eastern medicine? My friend last night said, "well, if it's a sinus infection, why didn't you have your Dr. put you on antibiotics?" My response was that I am really allergic to all oral antibiotics (which I am...break out in HORRIBLE hives...instantly.) But even if I wasn't allergic, I wouldn't have gone to him about "exhaustion" because he would have taken labs and told me "you're fine." So, what do you say to people who think Eastern Doctors are quacks?!!

Help!

Kassandra

AndreaB Contributor
I now have a question for all of you, how do you deal with unsupportive people about Eastern medicine?

So, what do you say to people who think Eastern Doctors are quacks?!!

Unfortunately there is not much you can do. The proof is in the pudding, so to speak. If they see the positive changes in you they will be more likely to believe, at least to an extent.

Glad you had such a good day! That is really encouraging. :D

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Donna,

I hope your tests reveal something to increase your wellness! :) Vitamin D deficiencies are probably more common among us than other people. That would be great if things were fixed soon. Neurotransmitter imbalances can mess up a lot. Of course, if you are like me, you are shooting for any improvement! :lol: Keep us posted! We are anxious to hear about the results!

Mercury and mold are two problems I probably have as well. They are difficult to avoid. Environmental toxins are just not hard to find. Getting away from them would mean living inside a bubble. Their effect is probably pretty nasty on the adrenals, too.

Adrenals are tricky to repair. I think some of us on here have underlying causes, which make it difficult to correct. Most people can watch their transfats, sugar, refined carbs, and limit exertion and be fine. However, when you have heavy metals, Lyme, Candida, and/or bacterial and viral infections, additional support is needed. The body needs extra help sometimes. The heavier the burden, the greater the need for supplementation.

The BioSet results are probably driving you crazy about now! If it is not one thing, it is another! :blink: At least you know what supplements agree with you before you use them. That way, you do not have to worry about severe reactions.

Those can be nearly impossible to handle.

Dear Ami,

Good luck with the insurance! Maybe they will cover most of it, if not all of the cost for treatments. :) Sometimes you get surprises with these things. I hope you will be able to do the IVs. They really do seem to help a lot of people.

Chelation is difficult to go through. Additional support in any form is helpful to ease the burden on the system. Recovery time is more swift that way. Mia has been doing better with her chelation since receiving IVs and doing colonics. Metals are bad about redistributing. Anything that prevents this is good.

Your dentist is very thorough. That is terrific! I cannot believe he called to check up on you! This is really great. Not many people can say that about their dentist.

Dear Rachel,

I just thought of another source of mercury and probably other heavy metals I have been taking in for my entire life! :o I have been exposed to second-hand smoke since before I was born. My mother smoked while she was pregnant with me, and my father has always smoked and probably always will. I breathe it in all of the time. I do not want to get lung cancer! :(

I agree that treating the cause is essential to wellness. You cannot be cured by having symptoms treated alone. Identification of the root of the symptoms and then discovering how to fix it works. So many doctors do not do it this way. They just randomly treat issues as they pop up.

Dear Kassandra,

I am so glad this new doctor is so wonderful! That is a huge relief. I sure wish I could see him, too! I think I probably do have Candida, though. Let's just say a certain region is having issues that are obvious to Candida. :( Sometimes it hurts to sit down I am so sore. What is his name again? In case I win the lottery or something, it would be good to keep his name on file!

It sounds like you are recovering already! This is so good to hear! The sinus infection sure caused a lot of terrible stuff. My aunt gets extremely ill from them, which you would not have equated the symptoms to be related to the sinuses, either. Maybe today will be even better!

A lot of people are skeptical about Eastern medicine. I do not tolerate antibiotics well. They normally irritate my gut. That is always difficult to deal with, and I prefer to avoid it whenever possible. There are only a select few antibiotics my system tolerates. My feelings about this are, if others want to kill themselves, fine. I do what works!

Dear Andrea,

The bacterial dysbiosis is a possible after effect of the Candida. It is difficult to say. You could have it, too. Women who have given birth multiple times are high-risk for Candida. The altering of hormones during pregnancy encourages its overgrowth. Hopefully, T and M can be treated for it somehow.

That is odd how in one session something shows up, and it does not in other sessions. How odd is that? :huh: The ASYRA seems very accurate, though. So is ART and BioSet. Sometimes, the results still differ from testing method to testing method. Maybe it lies in how they look for things, not the actual test itself?

I say forget people who ignore Eastern medicine. If they want to be stuck on a million pills, that is alright. I am done suffering from pharmaceuticals. Nature's pharmacy is much safer! Getting to the root of the issue is what repairs the system, not treating symptoms and leaving their cause alone.

Your tooth socket should not hurt so bad after a while. It takes a bit to get used to the tooth being gone. The sensitivity and pain can take a little time to go away. When I had teeth removed, I did not have trouble before. I do not know how the molar will do, though.

Dear Sherry,

Well, I caught your constipation! :lol: I have not been eating a lot of fiber lately. I need to add veggies back in. My bowels finally began moving again after two or three days. Plums have always been my stand-by. Since I was a toddler, I ate them to help with that.

Chelation is dangerous if done improperly. Metals can cause symptoms if redistribution occurs. As Rachel said, if you are feeling bad, that means they are not leaving the body, just moving around. They then get trapped in other parts and organs. It is very frightening what happens to people when that occurs.

Dear Everyone,

Well, I am happy to report that I finally passed that awful Finance course to get my Associate's! I thought there was no way I could continue my studies. It turns out, I am eligible for a Pell Grant! I might get to pursue a Bachelor's now!

I think I will shoot for paralegal studies. Since I want to be an attorney, that would be my best bet. Then, I can go to law school! :D

Sincerely,

Jin

covsooze Enthusiast

Jin, you must be mad wanting to be a lawyer! :lol: I am one, I should know ;) I have been trying to draft some complicated wills this morning and my brain is fogged up today (herxing I hope as I haven't cheated!) and I just can't get my head round it all. Well done on passing your exam :)

Thanks for the info about adrenals.

I got my hair analysis results back. DH needs more supplements than I do! He can't beleive it. Not sure I do either, as my results say my iron and zinc levels are fine when I know they're not. The professor who does the analysis says to send in a new sample and they'll retest for free as they've been having some problems. :rolleyes: I asked her whether it's possible to show high levels of something if you're not absorbing it properly. She said that's unlikely. Is she right there? I'm dubious.

One helpful thing is, that she has experience of quite a few people who are allergic to magnesium stearate, so their supplements don't contain it. That's really good news as I've been finding it really difficult to find any without it.

Susie

CarlaB Enthusiast

Hi everyone! We're back from NY. I kept up with the thread on my phone, but we were in an area with spotty reception, so I didn't want to post. If I start posting and the reception goes out, then I lose the post ... you know how that works when you are talking on a cell ...

Anyway, the appt. went well. He was concerned that I still have cognitive involvement after 8 months of treatment, so he mentioned possibly needing IV if that didn't start improving.

Then as we were talking, I told him how much better I had felt on Cipro. He said the Cipro doesn't really target the Lyme ... but I had herxed, then felt better. Cipro targets Bartonella, so he retested me for that. Like Celiac testing, a negative test means nothing, but a positive test means you have it. Last time my test was negative, so he tested it in a different way this time.

He started me on a Bart drug and lowered my Babs drugs.

He also retested me for Erlichia.

I'm looking forward to the Bart treatment since I had felt so much better on the Cipro. My head had cleared. Bart can also cause the cognitive symptoms, so hopefully I won't end up needing IV after all. We won't know until we see my response to the new drug.

If you want details, PM me your email address ... I know three of you want it and have already sent you an email, but I'd be happy to send a copy to the rest of you, too. I put some of Chloe's information in the email, but I'm not going to here.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Donna, yes I take Cholestyramine. The doc mentioned that we will probably taper me off on it as it was prescribed to absorb toxins because of my diarrhea. Now that we have fixed that particular problem, I may not need it. I am still taking it, but don't know if they'll renew the prescription or not ... or maybe they'll lower it to once per day. It's difficult because it has to be taken apart from everything else.

Kassandra, I'm thrilled at your appt!! As far as Eastern medicine, I just don't talk about it when I have done it. Just say you're being treated by a doctor ... I'd just leave it at that.

So, they found bacteria ... how do they know it's not Lyme? There's a lady on Lymenet who has described her symptoms like yours as far as the sinuses go. If these herbs don't work, you may want to look at the Cowden or the Buhner herbs that target Lyme specifically.

BTW, I talked to my LLMD about rife, hyperbaric oxygen, bioresonance testing, IV ozone, etc. He said that the West Coast docs are having good results with the bioresonance, but it depends on the training (as you said, Rachel). He said he's had better results with Cowden than the other stuff. His wife has Lyme (he also had it 15 years ago) and she had relapsed after getting off abx. So, the next time she got off abx, she started Cowden and has never felt this good! He's had this kind of results across the board.

He plans on starting me on a few of the herbs in a months or so to try to help with the cognitive stuff so maybe we can avoid IV.

Sorry, that's all I can remember ... if you mentioned something to me the past couple days, please do again ... :)

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Susie,

I may very well be mad! :lol: I want to be an attorney, and have since I was in 8th grade! There are many things that you can specialize in. I would prefer either doing sexual assault prosecutions, malpractice lawsuits, or forensic related cases. I know it is going to be difficult. However, I feel I can make a difference. Actually, I did not do well on the exam at all, but due to high grades on my assignments, that really made the difference.

You are welcome for the info on adrenal gland issues. They can really drag you down! :( I know mine are kaput. Something needs done. I know at least dietary wise what to do.

Dear Carla,

It sounds like you had a very productive appointment! I hope you do not need the IVs, either. Bartonella may be hiding in there. Those stupid bugs cause a lot of trouble! :angry: You never know what they will mess up.

That is fascinating about your doctor's wife. The situation is not that surprising. Antibiotics can really make your system go crazy. I know that is part of my trouble. Yeast is definitely an issue.

I thought it was interesting that you mentioned sinuses. You see, I have noticed the barometric pressure tends to effect mine. My ears start to feel full and my sinuses feel tight. My teeth become more sensitive, I tend to lose my balance more, and I get a scratchy throat when the weather changes. It is like the human body is sensitive to the earth and weather.

Sincerely,

Jin

P.S. I got some exciting news yesterday! My aunt called. She said my cousin and his wife are expecting their first child! I am going to have another baby cousin! I thought I would share the good news with you guys.

AndreaB Contributor
The bacterial dysbiosis is a possible after effect of the Candida. It is difficult to say. You could have it, too. Women who have given birth multiple times are high-risk for Candida. The altering of hormones during pregnancy encourages its overgrowth. Hopefully, T and M can be treated for it somehow.

That is odd how in one session something shows up, and it does not in other sessions. How odd is that? :huh: The ASYRA seems very accurate, though. So is ART and BioSet. Sometimes, the results still differ from testing method to testing method. Maybe it lies in how they look for things, not the actual test itself?

I just looked at the paperwork yesterday after I posted. On the supplement worksheet she has Pau d'arco for yeast/anti infections......so we do have a yeast problem.

The difference in ASYRA results in because it's the next layer. The first layer was dealt with primarily with the LED treatments, supplements and the ASYRA drops. This time we can't do the LED's so I'll be curious as to what the results will look like next year.

One helpful thing is, that she has experience of quite a few people who are allergic to magnesium stearate, so their supplements don't contain it. That's really good news as I've been finding it really difficult to find any without it.

I didn't know you were a lawyer. That is good news about the supplements. I don't know the answer to your questions though. I do know that hair analysis can be useful used in conjuction with other tests but you need a knowledgable doctor to read them and treat deficiencies. Also, if you aren't excreting something it's not going to show up as a problem (like mercury).

P.S. I got some exciting news yesterday! My aunt called. She said my cousin and his wife are expecting their first child! I am going to have another baby cousin! I thought I would share the good news with you guys.

That is great news!

dlp252 Apprentice

Morning everyone!

Carla, great appointment!!! I really hope you don't have to go on IV...that just doesn't sound good to me, lol. I've read a lot of stories on LN. :o

I want the email update...do you still have my email address?

Maybe you could look into the LED's once you can get a little ahead? I know, what's "a little ahead". :huh:

I'm really, really interested in the LED, but yeah, it's going to have to wait a bit. :(

I now have a question for all of you, how do you deal with unsupportive people about Eastern medicine? My friend last night said, "well, if it's a sinus infection, why didn't you have your Dr. put you on antibiotics?" My response was that I am really allergic to all oral antibiotics (which I am...break out in HORRIBLE hives...instantly.) But even if I wasn't allergic, I wouldn't have gone to him about "exhaustion" because he would have taken labs and told me "you're fine." So, what do you say to people who think Eastern Doctors are quacks?!!

Yay on your good day...hope that trend continues!!! I am pretty lucky I guess, most everyone in my circle of family and friends is supportive and if they disagree with my "alternative" stuf, they mostly don't say anything. I also tend to keep the "alternative" stuff down, I just say "my doctor tested me" or "my doctor wants me to do this." I've also mostly had everything that was found by "alternative" methods confirmed by blood or other testing from healthcare professionals, so they don't question that, lol. My aunt is one who thinks antibiotics are the cure for everything eventhough she saw me on them for THREE years with no improvement...just kept getting sicker. :(

Vitamin D deficiencies are probably more common among us than other people. That would be great if things were fixed soon

Congratulations on passing your finance course!! Phew!

I'm not expecting the Vit. D to be deficient for some reason, but I'm hoping the stool testing shows something.

This is fantastic!!!! Oh, and I understand about legal work...I work for an office full of lawyers, lol. Sometimes I just have to look at them like :blink:

Donna, yes I take Cholestyramine. The doc mentioned that we will probably taper me off on it as it was prescribed to absorb toxins because of my diarrhea. Now that we have fixed that particular problem, I may not need it. I am still taking it, but don't know if they'll renew the prescription or not ... or maybe they'll lower it to once per day. It's difficult because it has to be taken apart from everything else.

Yes, the book I'm reading said that's exactly what it's good for, getting rid of the toxins. The toxins can be from any number of things. I still have the really bad D, so I'm hoping one of my doctors will let me try this.

I got some exciting news yesterday! My aunt called. She said my cousin and his wife are expecting their first child! I am going to have another baby cousin! I thought I would share the good news with you guys.

Congratulations!!!

tom Contributor
Hello everyone,

I had a really good day! I have quite a bit more energy and I slept SO well last night

Yay! And may the trend continue! :)

I went to bed at 8.30 and woke up at 5.19 (one minute before my alarm :lol:).

So weird how that works. I used to wake up minutes before the alarm all the time, way back when I felt. . . .or is it "was" healthy, before celiac.

I now have a question for all of you, how do you deal with unsupportive people about Eastern medicine?

That's a toughie. There's not much to say to someone w/ no bad experiences w/ MDs and who've never had any reason to even question the mindset of Western Medicine.

I'd probably just say "my Dr" too. Close friends that see major improvement would get more details.

It wasn't the west that invented gunpowder or even the noodle!!

Here's some fun news!! Tho not quite a ceRk, I get to meet Momma Goose, broncobux and mouse THIS Sunday!! Woohoo!!! :):):D:)

AndreaB Contributor
Here's some fun news!! Tho not quite a ceRk, I get to meet Momma Goose, broncobux and mouse THIS Sunday!! Woohoo!!! :):):D:)

Wow! You're just meeting everyone!

Are they going to be in CA or are you going to be somewhere they are.

Like your new avatar of the siblings.

tom Contributor
Wow! You're just meeting everyone!

Are they going to be in CA or are you going to be somewhere they are.

Like your new avatar of the siblings.

Thx on the pic. :) I did some scanning the other day to get something of Pete in digital form.

I'd prematurely changed my profile to say SJ, just cuz I was tired of it saying Phx. My SJ move-in is in 16 days! :D:) I'm in this inferno still tho, trying to pack up everything w/out too much procrastination. It certainly highlights how much more progress I need physically. :(

We're meeting in Scottsdale, I think, which is adjacent to Phx, on the NE side. :)

Yay!!

Oh! Forgot I don't think I mentioned I like your latest av too! :)

(Always a fan of changing avatars ;) )

dlp252 Apprentice

I'd love to meet all three of these people, lol!

tom Contributor
Well, I am happy to report that I finally passed that awful Finance course to get my Associate's! I thought there was no way I could continue my studies. It turns out, I am eligible for a Pell Grant! I might get to pursue a Bachelor's now!

I think I will shoot for paralegal studies. Since I want to be an attorney, that would be my best bet. Then, I can go to law school! :D

Woohoo! :) :) :) (I think there are 4 woohoo-able sentences up there!) :)

Susie!! Good day, Counselor!!

Hi everyone! We're back from NY. I kept up with the thread on my phone, but we were in an area with spotty reception, so I didn't want to post. If I start posting and the reception goes out, then I lose the post ... you know how that works when you are talking on a cell ...

Whaaaaaaaa.....? Talking & typing are completely different situations for these fancypants phones.

I can type 'til the cows come home whether there's a connection or not.

My only problem can be losing connection right when I hit [add reply], or in the following seconds while it's loading/tranferring data. But even then, it just stays on the page where I just typed, so I can copy it over to a 'note', or just hit [add reply] again when connection returns - tho that risks a double post.

Does the iPhone work that differently? You checked out the whole scenario? Or maybe didn't bother w/ all the tests I'd invariably be compelled to try. Some may say I go overboard in these situations, probing for every detail. :);)

Anyway, the appt. went well.

:)

Jin! Fun news to have a baby cousin on the way! :)

Donna - yes! It should be great. I barely even went into that Scottsdale thread, since I have no restaurant advice and it's just way too damn hot (108! in the rare rare shade) to recommend doing any of the good stuff there is to do when it's cooler. But I'm sure glad I looked at the thread anyway. :)

CarlaB Enthusiast

Jin, congratulations!

Tom, if the iPhone loses its connection, I have to log in again to the forum and lose my post. If it would keep me logged in, there would be no problem. It works fine for email, reading, etc., but not very well for posting.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Donna, I need your email, I haven't saved everyone's, but I will this time. :)

Archived